Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 19, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2012
I guess the author finally decided to kill off Frederica <_< She had no role at all in the story besides her own background story. I'm almost thinking that the author only created Frederica just to give us a legit reason on how the group could arrive at the flying fortress.
Jun 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
I love how Toru didn't recognize Akari was acting strange and just treats it as if she's just sided with the enemy.
DreddJun 19, 2014 5:17 PM
Jun 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
Jeez, Frederica just keeps on getting hurt doesn't she? I kinda doubt she's dead but dam that was creepy when it stabbed her in the head and dragged her into the vent.
Jun 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet. Really picked up the pace, lots of stuff happened and plot reveal.
Jun 19, 2014 6:33 PM

Sep 2013
F-Fredrica... No way she cant be dead! Im also amazed how far Gillette is willing to go for his subordinates. His actions are practically treason according to that other cavalier so I wonder if we'll see a partnership between Gillette's and Chaika's groups next season.
Jun 19, 2014 8:10 PM

Mar 2014
God damn. How many times is Frederica gonna die and then come back perfectly fine.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 19, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
Damn, this anime went ape-shit, quickly. Just so there aren't misunderstandings, ape-shit as in hectic.
Jun 20, 2014 1:51 AM

Nov 2013
rekt
Jun 20, 2014 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Oh no Frederica D: That monster was creepy. Human limbs and an insect face.

This anime turned dark fast. Those poor girls...how brutal.

Despite revealing more about the Chaika situation...I'm growing more confused. I hope some sort of satisfactory closure will come to that matter, enough to placate my curiosity anyway or else I'll be waiting for the new season with a cliffhanger on my head.
Jun 20, 2014 6:32 AM
May 2014
"OMG they killed Fredrica!"
"U bastard!"
Jun 20, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

He had figured out who she is, but it was not so venial why those two butchers.
Terrifying the narrative at times.
The episode flew by, I wanted it to last longer.
Frederica if the're seeing really bad.
Toru, he behaves like a gentleman, I thought I had a more rude.
The designs have proven all'atlezza of the task and the fights were good.
I'm curious to know how this will end the first season.
I wonder if we'll see other Chaika in the future.
Jun 20, 2014 8:01 AM
Nov 2009
Good episode. Stuff like infiltrating an enemy base is always a good way to add some action and intrigue. I also like the increase in dark elements.
People don't like Vivi? Aww, I kinda like her. Her sassiness didn't really bother me and I like her character design. Though, it was a little weird that Toru called her an assassin (seemingly based only on appearance?); is that her character class or something? lol

Also, would anyone like a little extra nightmare fuel?
http://a.pomf.se/ahjfbq.webm
Jun 20, 2014 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Ending was really great starting with Gillete's treason (kinda) and 'get hyped' BGM.
DawnJJun 20, 2014 11:02 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
Really good episode was really sad when it was over. So much plot and happenings.

Really psyched for the next episodes.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 20, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
Frederica was really slow there. But her dying doesn't make sense. Did anyone die so far? Why start with Frederica? Besides, unless they either (crash)land the castle or jump to the other one, they still need her to get back.

And did anyone even notice that there are at least two of those spider-like things in the PV?

I also loved the fight between Toru and Akari. Too bad Akari is not in the mood for jokes right now.

About the Chaikas: I don't think blue Chaika was the one who was executed. How would that work? Her head got cut off, but someone put it back on? She also did not seem to feature the scar until after "remembering".

I assume all Chaikas share the same memory up to when they were released. They get created, memory gets infused somehow, they get delivered to various placed all over the country and then activated. So it can be any Chaika that was executed.

According to the blue Chaika, all are fake or real, depending on how you look at it. She's directly involved and does not know everything that happened, so she may be wrong or lying, but at least for me it looked like at the very least she believes it herself. The question is who or what that demon thing is.

I also begin to think that if all remains would get back together, something would either happend automatically (Arthur Gaz reviving etc, they may have chopped him up in the first place to prevent this), or at least it would allow for something like this. Why else go to such lengths in creating the different Chaikas. I don't think using the remains simply as magic fuel would "justify" this. There are different means of acquiring almost unlimited magic fuel - either by acquiring a mine, or as shown this episode, by (ab)using humans. Both would be easier and faster to accomplish, so it has to be something that can only be done with the remains.
Jun 21, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2013
Frederika really got bopped twice...this time for good it seems.

Blue Chaika is pretty cool, taking revenge on the people who used her. I would be mad too.

Hope Akari snaps out of the trance soon.

Good on Gillette and his two spies changing their viewpoints.
Jun 21, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2012
Fredrika died again god dangit.

I really wonder what will happen next episode.

Great episode!!!
Jun 21, 2014 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
So the blue Chaika uses sex to control people, she looks a bit sad, I guess that happens when you whore yourself out :(
And that outfit does not fit on Chaika's body type :(

Fredrica :(

A FMA monster? no, it's obviously a Muv Luv BETA monster (spider version) ;)

Nooo! You have to go and remind me of that CHOMP!
But seriously though not only she got stabbed in the head, she got eaten whole too! I don't freaking know how she will survive next episode (or season).

I think the only explanation of the Chaikas are they are all fake or they are all true, like as in they are actually one person.

Now we just need Black Chaika and Saber will get her rival.
Jun 21, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Her body is intact in the preview, and she was not eaten. It's just that monster's legs were holding her body.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 21, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Late reply, but still.

Rather obvious but I could always smell she was a Chaika after it was mentioned she was cooperating with the other two crazy bastards.

Still this episode was tense as all freaking hell, non-stop action, unlikely alliances and nasty surprises on the way like the girls on the walls? Jesus........

If anything I believe Frederica's head stab was the most disturbing thing, poor her.
Jun 21, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2013
Dammit Frederica stop getting attacked out of the blue.
That new ED is nice c:
Jun 21, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2013
StrawberryRain said:
God damn. How many times is Frederica gonna die and then come back perfectly fine.

I think that was the last time. She looks plenty dead in the PV....

That said this episode had a little bit of everything. Intense battles, MCs who didn't immediately assume the actual situation (read Toru thinking Akari went to the other side for her own reasons instead of being mind controlled). The "Big" reveal, a nice image of Blue Ranger Chaika in bed (:P), and then that creepy monster that told her everything about her being a tool. I still wonder about the scar though.......

That said, I loved the fact that the ever-so-calm Gillette finally got pushed over the edge in his attempt to save his subordinates. That was the cherry on the cake for me. It's good to know that even he can be irrationally desperate sometimes.

Oh and Riccardo and that magician.... these two have to die two very slow and painful deaths. I prefer they get a taste of their own medicine, maybe strung up and left to feel their guts falling out after someone cuts their bowels open or something.... yeah..... that stuff that they did to the poor villiage girls.... unforgivable!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 21, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
Akari is still a zombie :( Toru almost killed her.
Not a big mistery but Layla is Blue Chaika and she is a bit**
Fredrica can't be dead,i don't believe it!
Toru now works with Vivi and that other girl xD Can't wait to see how this will end :(
I hate Ricardo,he is a stupid 12 y.o kid that thinks that he is the god...poor girls :/ They were killed because he likes doing that,what a little fuc**,i felt so bad when that girl cried :(
Can't wait to see him dead!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 22, 2014 3:00 AM

Apr 2010
R.I.P. in peace loli dragoon.
Jun 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Mar 2013
Somebody please tell me if Frederica's still alive!!
I'm not moving an inch from this window until i get an answer!!

That aside,
Very nice, action-packed, kick-ass episode. :)
Jun 22, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
That was pretty damn tense.
I wonder if Fredrica truly is dead, she is sort of a main character by now. :/

Ending was very abrupt, I guess next episode's ending to be even more abrupt to make season 2 moar hyped.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 22, 2014 8:38 PM

Sep 2013
Lmao omfg! Fredrica has been like Kenny from South Park for these past couple episodes!

I wonder if the next episode will end with a cliffhanger.

Jun 23, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit titty fuck, that white thing was hideous. Like a lot said, remember me of the necromorph... x)
I don't really see how Frederika can be alive after that. What a sad way to go, without any warning...

Well, I really liked this episode and its pacing. It was very fast, a lot of thing happened.

As we all believed, Layla was in fact a Chaika. And a dark evil Chaika. A dark evil Chaika level 100 in potion crafting, also casually a prostitute.

That discovery in the walls... Did they save her in the end? o.O
Doesn't surprise me with that psychomaniac of a leader they have. Don't really understand why blue Chaika became ally with that psychopath.

As I thought would happen, Tooru made a deal with Vivi and glasses-girl. It went well so far.

Those fortune cookies really were spoilerish in the end xD
So now, there's only Vivi to save Gilette.

For myself, my theory is that its the emperor of Gaz himself that plannified the Chaika mission before his own dead so they can retrieve his body and somehow revive him I guess.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 24, 2014 12:14 AM
Jun 2014
i feel like this episode is how akame ga kill is going to be but more intense and more often. Episode was awesome and well done.
Jun 24, 2014 5:55 AM
Jan 2010
slut chaika appears
Jun 24, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Well shit. Bye fave girl of series. Fredericka rip. I doubt there is coming back from that. At least I don't have to wait much longer for last episode.

White Chaika, Red Chaika, Blue Chaika. USA USA USA! >.>

Rushed end. Less cliffhanger than most other episodes. Meh. Doubt this series getting more than a 7.
Signature Here.
Jun 24, 2014 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Fredrica is listed as a support character, I believe she reall is dead lol. RIP.
Jun 24, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
FREEEEDRIIIICAAA

nuu

some freaky resident evil monster just "KO'd" her....
Jun 24, 2014 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
You know i really shouldnt be surprised at how violent this series randomly gets. Still that fucking head getting impaled was brutal......shes totally not dead though. Id be glad if she were cause fredrica is annoying as hell but she definetly isnt

Iv actually been liking this (midway) finale so far. Im guessing Layla is the main antagonist of the series, which im all for cause this show was missing a threat and a antagonist is definitely what could fix that problem.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 25, 2014 5:17 AM

Dec 2011
So Toru thinks that Akari betrayed Chaika and him hmm...

Good thing Toru was saved and that little kid needs to get his ass kicked as soon as possible.

Holy crap... look at those poor girls in the wall... that's it... that Ricardo must be killed.

Layla also needs a good ol' ass whooping!

LOL, this Chaika is a big hoe!

Yeah... Fredrica is back just to get stabbed in her brain and then eaten... gg...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 26, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit I hope fredrika is ok O_O
1 ep left of this season dam shit is getting intense
[/quote]
Jun 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, I jumped... when that freaky foot-spider-thingy snuck up behind Fredrica and poked her in the head. Hope she doesn't die...
Jun 30, 2014 2:26 AM

Jul 2011
I like gore and all but something seems off with this anime. The plot is odd sometimes. I still don't know what to think about this series but the fights are cool.
Jun 30, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
Jesus. Assuming all the Chaika awoke at the same time, that was a 13 year old girl whoring herself out for a mission. I know its dark, but that reminded me of the scene in Ragnorock where they imply the blond girl might have been raped, and I don't think here or there it added to the story. I mean she was bitter of being a doll, so they could have made her any type, to me that felt like a cheap thing thrown in for provocation.

Personally I find the dark tone in this series half assed. The peddler and her baby getting killed, is another. Its not Akame Kill or Mismarcma Prince dark, hell its not even on par with Legend of Legendary Heroes. But on the flip side its comes of as normal harem fantasy comedy, with the dead pan sister, the tsudere dragon, and the ojou, and we even get the yandere red. So to me it tries to combine to thing, and I don't think it does them that well, I would cut out some of those scenes.
Jul 2, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap.

Vivi so so annoying. Just leave her and let her figure out a way off the fortress if teaming up with a saboteur is so difficult for you. Also, Gillette is so /good/ that it is actually off putting.

I hope Fredrica is okay too...but I mean, she was stabbed through the brain. So if she is okay, that doesn't make sense. (But then again, there might be some stupid explanation, like a dragoon's brain is in its foot, or something)

This was an entertaining episode, but I don't care about so many of the characters or story lines.

I also agree with some people about how the tones of the series don't match. You can't have tsunderes and fantasy comedy juxtaposed with tons of brutally murdered girls. It just makes both feel shallow.
Jul 10, 2014 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm.. Suddenly this series become a very serious series
Last episode left!!
I don't know how they will wrap the 1st season with 1 episode left
"Signature removed"
Jul 24, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
Wow. This anime sucks.
Jul 31, 2014 5:01 PM

May 2012
Holy shit this show is getting quite fucked up, all those girls killed and than Frederica being murdered once more by who knows what that was, really fucked up and I really hope she's still alive even though she clearly has been hit in her head :s Well with the next being the last episode of this first season I really wonder what it will offer us!
Sep 10, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2008
Akari can be really scary as an enemy.Our main guy is kind of an idiot though for not realizing something was wrong with Akari. He grew up with her for damn sakes and he can't even see she's not acting like herself?

Those poor girls btw. Dragged out of their homes to end up like that.

Reaction when that thing suddenly appeared behind Frederika.
O_O
Wtf was that for Christ sakes? It looks like something from a Silent Hill game.
MonadSep 10, 2014 8:15 PM
Sep 13, 2014 4:23 AM
Mar 2014
Shiiii... FREDRICA D: And those girls in the walls - was NOT expecting that.
Dat spider thing was creepy as hell.

Learning about Chaika background was interesting.
Sep 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
OH MAN this is getting INTENSE i love it!
This show may not be the greatest but damn its really intense and interesting!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 30, 2014 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
Am I the only one that feel like this is getting a little bit rushed? Otherwise it's not bad. Blue Chaika is ugly!

I think I have developed a fetish of watching Fred getting "killed". I do hope she's alright though, otherwise I will feel really bad for laughing at her "death".

Edit: I feel so bad for those kidnapped girls, that's just so cruel.
ToG25thBaamSep 30, 2014 4:47 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 10, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Those poor girls...... AHHH kill those worthless idiots !!
I want to see how they wrap this up.
Dec 18, 2014 2:11 PM
Jun 2012
I theorised that the Chaika's were artificially created back when Chaika Bohdan appeared and the ED was also giving hints. This episode just got really intense.
Jan 25, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2014
Great scenes, good art. Wish more blood and gore, would really portray the darkness of the series in a better light. Great episode regardless.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.