Forum Settings
Forums

I didn't know that had "yaoi/shounen-ai' elements in it?!?!?!?

New
Jun 16, 2014 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
I thought I would make a thread to archive all the animes which may not be explicitely labelled as shounen-ai or yaoi or bishounen but which has boyxlove elements in it. For example, if it has really close bromancing, or if there's a fair bit amount of fanservice for girls & gay guys in the anime, or if the cast mostly consists of hot guys etc etc :D

Guidelines for posting:
- these anime recommendations should, as I said above, be of animes which aren't labeled as shounen-ai, or yaoi, but which have such elements and hints in them

- also mention how frequently said hints/elements occur so that the reader knows, and also warn them if there may be some unfavourable elements which us yaoi fans don't like....such if there's also a hyper sexualization of female characters or a lot of boob gags/jokes (people who have watched shounen and seinen animes know what I'm talking about)

- also before posting look at previous posts so as to know whether the anime has already been recommended or not.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 16, 2014 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
I'lll start :)

Shinsekai Yori:- this anime has like a full on make out yaoi session in it which was amazing, the yaoi moments are most prominent in the middle episodes but unfortunately sort of die down.
WARNING:- however, there's also a yuri relationship in in this but it isn't like the trashy sort of thing so I didn't mind it too much. both the yaoi and yuri couple were actually really cute tbh :3

'Kuroshitsuji' or 'Black Butler':- definitely hints of boyxlove within this anime. Their subtle at times, but then prominent at others :D

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru:- definitely again. This one is strong the all way through the anime

Switch:- yep, definately. seme and uke pair. all the way through.

Night Head Genesis:- STRONG BROMANCING. oh my god, sooo cute :3. older brother looking after younger brother kawaiiiii. this is strong the whole way through as well

Free! - of course we all know about this one! major fanservice for us yaoi lovers and also hints of sexual tension lol

Kuroko no Basket:- of course!

07-ghost:- has elements of boyxlove...I can't remember if it's very prominent throughout the series....I think it's somewhat light

D.N.Angel:- has hints of BL

(Ones I've heard have hints, but which I haven't seen yet)
No.6
'K' or 'K Project'
Nabari no Ou
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Hetalia Axis Powers
Persona 4 The Animation

:)
Jun 16, 2014 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
oh my god, thank you!!!!! going to look over these ones

'Zetsuen no Tempest' - it had a little bit of hints in it due their bromance, BUT it was crushed by the constant boob shots which were annoying to say the least -_-'. as far as the anime went it was bad in my opinion due to the over sexualization and other elements but yeah, maybe someone may like it.

Kyou Kara Maou - definately strong hints!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» WHAT IS THE REASON WHY YOU LIKE YAOI / SHOUNEN AI?

Blivionis - Dec 25, 2008

22 by OvileeDay »»
May 9, 2023 7:56 PM

» Do your parents know you watch yaoi? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cookie-chan- - Aug 6, 2008

170 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:08 AM

Poll: » How many of you .... ?

XxThageXx - Apr 12, 2009

40 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:06 AM

» worst or most embarasing experiences with people who dont know what yaoi is

R0bbieisGone - May 16, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 21, 2021 2:30 AM

» Need help finding a certain yaoi anime?

Noidem - Jul 22, 2008

12 by Ssakurai »»
Mar 30, 2021 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.