Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
Intense. I was in shock when he won, even if I got spoiled already by MAL. lol

To the Midousuji critiquers: I would agree with what you're saying but I read some manga spoilers and...He's not just a crazy villain. He's still a teenager like the rest of them and he has a reason for fighting.

TWO EPISODES LEFT!!! How will they conclude this show?!

It's either they finished the Inter-High or they will continue it to the 2nd season.
Jun 18, 2014 2:28 PM
Dec 2010
Okay, I get it that this show is somewhat of a battle shounen where everybody has sudden power-ups, or can just increase his speed by removing some 'limiters' or other stuff, but how the hell was Midousuji's trick supposed to work? One second he has his body so far forward on his bike that his chin is almost scraping on the road, then in the next second he is so far back that his a$$ is scraping on the road? Wouldn't such a massive repositioning on the bike, never mind at that speed, just cause the bike to flip, leading to Midousuji crashing headfirst into a guardrail? Seems completly unrealistic (and yes, I realise there is plenty of other unrealistic stuff, but I still consider "Strength through sheer willpower" more realistic than "F*** the laws of Physics").
Jun 18, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
shinonW said:
mayukachan said:
Intense. I was in shock when he won, even if I got spoiled already by MAL. lol

To the Midousuji critiquers: I would agree with what you're saying but I read some manga spoilers and...He's not just a crazy villain. He's still a teenager like the rest of them and he has a reason for fighting.

TWO EPISODES LEFT!!! How will they conclude this show?!

It's either they finished the Inter-High or they will continue it to the 2nd season.

The inter-high still has the third day they can't do that in 2 episodes lol.
Jun 18, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
^ Darn. It's gonna be a big cliffhanger then LOL. I gotta catch up on the manga...
Jun 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
UubTay said:
no one think it was weird that he was going all out just to take the sprinter checkpoint? I thought the guy only cared about the finishline? How will he have the energy to take that, he even released that nonsensical limiter.

No, it was actually part of his plan. He just had to win.
You see, by beating Hakogaku's fastest sprinter he broke the team's spirit and now they are falling appart, so basically no team can beat him now to the finish line.
He is, of course, not considering Sohoku, since he thinks they've already fallen apart. This pretty much means Sohoku will win simply because Midousuji went all out when he wasn't supposed to and he's probably somewhat tired now.
Jun 22, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Happy Midousuji is the creepiest shit ever lolno I'm not gonna get near to him
Good to see that Imaizumi's getting back to believe in the team after all the angst and being emo bc of Midousuji
But sad to see HakoGaku's team spirit went downhill hmmm

LOL HAKOGAKU HAS MIGHTY FINE AND WEIRD SPRINTERS /notcomplainingtho/
Hayato and his infinity supplies of snacks at his back..hmm
And uhhh Izumida.....UUHHHHHHH
Jun 30, 2014 7:03 AM

Oct 2013
OMGGGGGG I knew Shinkai would lose, but I hated watching it actually happen. I hope he passes Midousuji on the last day and does his Ka-pow thing while he leaves him in the dust!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 28, 2014 5:10 PM
Aug 2011
Damn I thought they would end the race until the first series was over :/
Aug 12, 2014 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
I really like Shinkai. I'm upset that he lost too but

Onoda & Tadokoro catching up to Sohoku...
THAT WAS SO TOUCHING OKAY.
This was one of the best feel-good moments I've experienced watching a sports series.
Sep 5, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2009
Best part of this episode probably was...
Tadokoro: "Onoda, should we sing to lift our spirits?"
Honestly, this 'hime hime' song is what makes this anime so special and fun.:)
And that Akira Midosuji dude. he's like personification of everything that's evil... kinda like some creation of Mayuri Kurotsuchi, made by using Orochimaru's seed, lol. I don't even care about his backstory, he's beyond any grace by now.:/
Sep 6, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
I truly cannot understand how the editor/mangaka thought this would be a good conclusion to the sprint check point race, Midosuji is truly trash and I never say this but god damn he's overpowered as fuck. I don't care what his "heavy burden" is but those ass pulls are really ruining the serie for me. I understand it's a shounen anime and a sports one so I expect some power ups but this is fucking bullshit. He's a fucking first years and Hayato has been said to be the "best sprinter in the entire race" so how the fuck did he keep up with him? It's absolute bullshit.

That piece of trash is so conviently written that he always has an extra "hidden power" and I bet you that he can suddenly race full power again to get the King of the Mountain checkpoint/sprint to the finish too, like he doesn't get tired and those 6 new power ups are totally justified. I don't care what his background story is, if his mother died or he was a lonely child or abused or ignored or what the fuck, he's one of the worst written characters I've ever come across and it pulls down the entire serie, I don't understand what the hell they were thinking when they agreed to pull all those bull shit actions in the manga.
Feb 11, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2011
Vexper said:
Midousuji is such a garbage character, it's like they've shoehorned every filthy shonen cliche into him, impossibly random power ups which addle your mind trying to make sense of them, flat zombie sidekicks who'll do his bidding, mindless acts of villainy until fully explained later on when we don't care anymore, being better at roles that people are hyped up as specializing in.

I know this is a shonen and you can just say "Well what do you expect from a shonen?" Well I'd expect them to create a character that feels like he actually belongs in the universe, I can handle it if he's just an extraordinary character who is just good at everything, they're in nearly every competition based anime, but Midosuiji honestly looks like Orochimaru riding a bike.

You're acting like the protagonists aren't also cliche as fuck shonen characters, and don't get the same fucking power-ups. The only reason you hate Midousuji is because the author wanted you too, despite him being the most entertaining character. Stop acting like this show is anything original, it's as generic as sports shows get.
Apr 12, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
Midosuji needs to get a backstory, I want to know his motivations.

It was heartwarming when the entire team meet up! Ahhh.
Sep 20, 2015 7:30 PM
Dec 2009
I really wanted to see Midosuji get put in his place... too bad. :(

Also OMG eyelash guy and his muscles...
Sep 25, 2015 11:11 PM

Jun 2009
wtf...how could they have caught up? onoda and tadokoro didn't pass the feed zone yet.
Oct 11, 2015 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Esheraz said:
motHER FUCKING MIDOUSUJI SHOULDN'T HAVE WON THIS FUCKING RACE I HOPE THAT cunt SPLITS HIS KNEES CAPS OPEN SDFJDAKLGASL;IGHKADJGHKAFDGAKFD.

SHINKAI TOTES WON THAT, ONLY IF MIDOUSUJI DIDNT LEAN BACK.

ughhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS ;;;;

Where did Shinkai hid those energy biscuits when he's in the bath with Izumida?
Jan 9, 2016 12:23 AM
Jan 2016
Right, this comes a little late, but honestly, I haven't been able to totally immense myself in the anime as I did with Kuroko and Slam Dunk- funny thing is that I cycle and I don't really play basketball; I guess it's how 'special' Onoda comes across that have me doubting my own ability. Anyways, contrary to popular opinion, I have to say that Midosuji is the most exciting character in this anime- everyone is so...nice in this anime that is really fails hard at depicting the reality of...reality; the winner takes it all, and Midosuji having won before in the past time again ON HIS OWN, makes complete sense for him to act that way- he isn't just all talk (the best part of the anime in the later episodes; how he brags because he has the ability to back it up- the defining difference between most anime villains and Midosuji. I want him to win, he should win, everyone else is so gumped up being arbitrary friendly that is so sickening.

I really liked how Shinkai and Izumida so naively believed that just because Shinkai's wearing the number 4 tag, and being the ace sprinter, he was going to win; they were so sure that is so gratifying to see him lose to a superior cyclist who speaks the truth.

Every sport there's a winner, and they get to brag only if they have demonstrated to have the ability to do so; that's the just truth of things; sure it's unsportsman like to do so, but it all boils down to how good the sportsman is; the better he is, then the undeniable fact that he is superior shouldn't bother the rest unless they are like Imazuimi, being more concern with some other cyclist instead of cycling for himself and his team.

Btw, what Midosuji did at the finish line did conform to physics- the animation team made sure of that-, note that he was pulling on the lower end of the drop bar, as such the distribution of weight, in tandem to the size of his bicycle (smaller than most resulting in a tighter centre of gravity), his instant pullback is completely believable, unlike Tadakoro's miraculous recovery- come on, the guy was PHYSICALLY incapacitated, it wasn't a matter of insufficient spirit; it's like saying that he had a hernia and just because Onoda stops to wait for him, he is suddenly going to catch up (pulling can only help so much, at the end of it, Tadakoro is still going to have to pedal, so really it's just stupid and complete BS that Onoda could have done anything).

Midosuji, for the win- he has the natural ability and the intelligence that surpasses most, so at least give him credit for it.
Sep 1, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2016
kimosuji keep rocking the show for me .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 14, 2017 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
How the hell did Midosouji win like that... Really made me dislike the anime for the first time. It's not like it's possible,but you are more likely to fall than cross the finish line. Not to mention that Shinkai is a faster sprinter than him, and he needed to use the psychological tricks (his trauma) to win over Shinkai and now at the end after Shinkai overcame his trauma he was going neck in neck to him and even won at the end? That's a bit bullshit.
Whatever forget that. I'm just really sad for Shinkai, he was working so hard for it, he thinks now that he failed his team's hopes. Also the despair that the team was feeling after he lost. DAmn.... The team might think that he lost because of his trauma, but that's not true. I hope they will find out that he did his best.
I wonder what Imaizumi meant by "I carry something heavier"

Miki and Second years are really me, rooting for Sohoku just like me. And the way they yelled Kinjou is drafting out of joy and surprise is just like me. Also please catch up to the front guys <3 <3 The boys are rooting for Sohoku for sure.
So Makishima actually knows and correctly predicted that Onoda will catch up on the climb, damn the trust that Makishima has in Onoda as a fellow climber <3
Onoda pulling Todokoro on the climb is insane, and he's right it is great to have someone riding with you, it's not lonely. Todokoro noticed Onoda's real strength. It's the joy that he is having while cycling which makes it easier for him to pedal.
The part where Todokoro said that he is eternally grateful and thanked Onoda for pulling him was insane. Made me emotional... It's Tadokoro's last race, he woulddn't be able to live with the fact that he let his team down in second race. but Onoda helping him out really made him happy that he gets to ride with his team again.

And Naruko is right, praise Onoda more. praise him more... It's too insane what this guy did. Going against Makishima's orders to abandon Tadokoro and actually pulled him and caught up to the team is just wow. Real mvp of second day. He didn't even complain once, that's the most incredible thing. Not complaining there really? in the unbearable weather and having to ride on flats, catching up to everyone, he didn't even blame Tadokoro, even once. That's incredible. Onoda you are the man...

Everyone now pretty much have a rival in his mind. as they are trying to catch up to them and beat Hakone. Hakone's moral seems to be super low now after losing that race, this is a beauty of being a winner, if you win you get to ride on a high morale boost, if you lose, then damn... you are pretty screwed. just like Hakone there.
Jun 12, 2019 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Fuuuuuuuuuuck, the way Midousuji won is several magnitudes of bullshit worse than what happened to Izumida. Shinkai was unbelievably faster than Midousuji, and all he needed to keep up with the fastest guy in the race is to release some straps? And the way he swung back to move the bike forward is just not possible nor should it significantly increase the acceleration with how fast the bike was already going. This makes Onoda bringing Tadoroku all the way to the team from last place seem like an everyday thing.
Mar 3, 2021 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Whatever it takes, even if it wouldn't be the way you want to win if you care about honor. Can't say I share that sentiment. That stunt was awesome, tho. I mean common, that was fire. Credit where credit is due.

These moments with Onoda never get old. With Team Sohoku complete again it's time to attack.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 4:52 AM

Jul 2015
Midousuji may have won the battle to the sprinter checkpoint, but the race isn't over yet!
Time for Sohoku's comeback with them hopefully singing Love Hime in full synchrony

Jan 8, 2023 3:04 PM
Dec 2022
Almost finish! Go Sohoku!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.