Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 2010 9:38 AM

Aug 2009
A ending quite epic, like TTGL or Macross F.

I've loved it, all the series then =D
May 27, 2010 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
What a terrible ending. This series needed a few things real bad:

- More Thousand
- A much shorter schedule, should've been 13 eps long with more basketball and less random setbacks and useless information and side stories.
- A better ending
- More Thousand
- Not to fire it's director
- More basketball
- More Thousand
- Less cliche
- Less introduction of characters which get forgotten about for half the series
Aug 7, 2010 5:17 AM

Jul 2010
despite some turnoffs in the anime (such as the messy twists it had), i enjoyed basquash's uniqueness. graphics were sweet, and i loved the rouge/dan bond. however, as many other has said, this could have been a much shorter series if they hadn't dragged on unnecessary stuff. good thing its summer break for me, or i would've been very disappointed in wasting my time with this. it was still a good anime imo. 8/10
Aug 17, 2010 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
I loved Rouge/Dan couple and the development of their relation but then they just put Rouge playing alone and Dan playing with Iceman????Such gay ending!!!
Was I the only one that liked episodes 13 and 14??They were the only ones that I liked after episode 9.

Mar 6, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2008
aoikishu said:
I liked the ending. Anime kept me pumped throughout the series ( mostly )
Overall weird plot: basket ball wakes up the stones that push the earth and moon back into place.
8/10

Why do you guys think it's yaoi?
It started with Iceman and Dan so it makes sense to end it that way.
Besides Rouge and Dan are obviously together.

Thank you~ I mean really now. Though seeing her by herself at the end was a bit disheartening. It's all good. At least she was seen back in the same town as Dan which implies they see each other more often.

Not perfect, but definitely a show that gets points for being fresh and new. Not many shows like this have racial diversity. ;]

Jan 30, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2012
Wow this anime had SOOOO mucch going for it , the animation, urban environment,basketball,Nike shoes lol and they handled basketball crossovers well if only they focused more on the basketball than the crappy story the had going.
Also the random relationships were stupid ....Violette sees Falcon and instantly falls in love wtf ? Also Sela and Navi is the dumbest crap ever its like Clifford and a poodle like wtf??
Also Dan's little sister is a bitch throughout the series without even reciprocating the love he sends her way no thank you or anything also Dan forget his mission to the moon was to help his sister?
Also what happened with Rouge playing by herself?
Just wow their lucky Nike kept me watching also their crossovers really were nice really they were spot on better than Kuroko basket especially since this series uses mechas but their crossovers were realistic
Jun 20, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, just wow. This series blew my mind. Well, the ending wasn't exactly what I had hoped but it was intense. The way that everyone seemed to play their roles and Slash going all out.

I don't have much to add but this series was in tense. I'll rate this 7/10 though for one of the arcs involving Navi which didn't interest me much.

BASQUASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 7, 2014 2:43 AM
Dec 2013
I really liked the Anime and the Ending was acceptable. If you think it's horrible you're obviously not used to weird Anime Endings/Plots. 3/5 for the ep 10/10 for the Anime since it's one of my favourites.
May 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
Overall, a solid series. 7.5/10
The show started off interesting and was pretty good. The second half didn't turn out as I expected....but it was still good overall. BASQUASH!!!!!
Aug 11, 2014 3:37 PM
Feb 2014
Urg, left out a lot of characters and Dan x Rouge's relationship went moot... like nothing happens.

Rest of the shows are good just the ending bothers me.
~~~
Mar 26, 2017 9:28 PM

Feb 2015
Not bad finale. Tho Navi's butterfly shoes and Citron singing suddenly were lol. Dan x Iceman ending was fine with me since I liked Iceman far better as a character than Rouge anyway lol.

Overall, it was an entertaining enough show. It had a fun, original concept with the mech/basketball cross.

Sep 4, 2020 7:12 AM
Apr 2020
The ending was disappointing to say the least, just a pile of a jumbled mess with many arcs /subplots left unresolved.

I can understand the lack of detailed resolutions if this was based off a manga, but for an original to conclude the way it did was just shameful.

The series kicked off because of Dan's guilt and his desire to heal his sister's legs (I'm not even going to get into why this was a stupid premise in the first place), it is shown that she snapped at her brother after the accident, telling him off and all, she then treated him like shit throughout every encounter with him, cold and distant, his despair only grew because of her and as the series progressed, she then acts all high and mighty and that she cares about him so much... Despite her not even telling him that once, the dude risked his life to get her to the moon only for her to be waiting for him there. All of Dan's irrational and self destructive behaviors was a direct result of her shutting him off and distancing herself from him.

At the end of the series and after everything that poor Dan went through they didn't even show him and his sister reconcile or even face each other... Wtf?!?

Also, why is Slash not dead?? One of the best moments of the last episode was him "sacrificing" himself, a fitting price to pay for the manipulation and mental abuse he put Dan through (with the help of Dan's sociopathic syster). But nope, not dead, just got younger and, like the sick man he was, was happily napping on Coco's lap.. I mean, really??!).

Oh, and the pairing of the genes-hunter Sela and Navi was... I don't know what it was, what are they?? A couple? Platonic friends? Soul mates??I can't even fathom a physical relationship between the two, like... Navi's index finger was bigger the her torso for goodness' sake..

Now for the mess that is Dan's harem, his childhood sweetheart got the short end of the stick, she was basically all he had since she returned into his life and was always there for him.. then we have the sweet princess "Alan" whose existence was irrelevant to Dan throughout the series, and finally comes rogue/lady red and we see something there, it was nice and all and I especially liked how they pulled that final dunk together to save the universe... Just kidding! somehow, somewhere, Iceman came back paired up with our Dan to save the world, fine, we'll see Dan and Rogue's epilogue at the end, right? Wrong! Rogue is seen "basquashing" by herself. But hey, where is Dan? Oh, he's enjoying life with Mr Iceman, I mean who could resist his "Destroy" right?

The antagonists simply disappeared at the end, I mean they only pulled stunts to destroy the world, why do we care, right? Pfft.

In my opinion, the ending could have greatly been improved by adding a single scene, just one scene where Dan has an emotional reunion with his sister, I mean they were the spark for the whole series and the basis for Dan's zeal throughout, so the least we can get is this... It's a shame we got such a shabby, rushed and thoughtless ending instead for a series that could have been way better if they studio put a bit more effort into these last few episodes.
Q8CaffeinatedSep 4, 2020 7:19 AM
Jul 10, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the weird advertisement for Nike. Bad joke aside rather disappointing to see basquash wasn't really much of a sport and also to see Miyuki's potential to become an important character wasted since she had zero development compared to Rouge. While it was original to see mechas playing 'basketball', this series trying to pull a Gurren Lagann failed horribly with its many plotholes (e.g. nobody was shocked by giants existing and more importantly nobody from the moon had the lunar bust except Haruka).

Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Dec 2022
Strange episode that values flash over substance, and that sums up this anime in general. It looks absolutely outstanding from a visual standpoint, the premise of robot basketball is unique and treated with an appreciable level of respect, and the soundtrack is catchy and thematically appropriate. On the other hand, I wasn't fond of the constant dropping of character goals, spastic lack of focus on any given plot point, formulaic episode writing structure, predictability of every single match, and over the top ending. I suppose it's a passable anime, but I can't say I thought it was good.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 11 Discussion

Quickfox - Jun 11, 2009

28 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2009

24 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 24 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 18, 2009

33 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.