Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 16, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2013
draker said:
Goddammit Hase. You're a fucking idiot.

this.

kiryu best friend.
Jun 16, 2014 5:57 AM

Nov 2010
Good drama, Saki being scared of Kiryuu and Yuuki being awfully cold towards Kaori upon learning about her past
It's sad to see he wants to protect her this way to create a distance or just don't know how to deal with it

Final one coming up next week, going to miss the sweetness for sure...
Jun 16, 2014 7:38 AM
Nov 2013
Any ideas you guys can come up with the plot and for the best ending ?
Jun 16, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2013
Last episode next week. I really need to see it. Seriously I just want Shogo & Saki together, please. It's looking promising from the preview. Also, no cliff hangers for the ending please.

Jun 16, 2014 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
We finally get to see why she actually lost her memories. Can't wait to see the last episode next week.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 16, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2011
HNNNNNNNNNG-

I'm starting to care more about Shougo and Saki at this point. I'm really hoping this is going to end in a definitive way. It seems like there wasn't enough episodes. Oh well.
Jun 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
LEGOF said:
HNNNNNNNNNG-

Now I just need some tsundere Kiryuu. That would be great :D
Saki is being a bit annoying as well. Hopefully when she says she is "scared" of Kiryu she means that she finds it hard to apologize to him especially due to her new feelings (of love) towards him.
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Jun 16, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
SakixShougo pls let it happen.

Don't dislike Kujo any more.

I really hope every thing works out.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 16, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2010
Hase you foooooooooooooool.
Jun 16, 2014 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
I kind of understand Hase's point, Hajime cared (cares) about Kaori a lot and somehow she ended up like that. I can understand his fear of her being hurt....but avoiding her obviously isn't the answer, come on Shougo please knock some sense into him. But then again, Shougo has done that so many times, I don't think it will happen like that this time.

And Shougo's got his own "problem" to deal with, Saki x Shougo all the way
Jun 16, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2013
second thoughts this late in the game o.o

Jun 16, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
Knew from day one Shougo was a bro and he still delivers

hase though... Kujo said it himself "you can be a real jerk sometimes"
Jun 16, 2014 7:29 PM

Oct 2013
Haha I feel everyone's frustration toward Hase
Jun 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
I hope we get a conclusive ending. I think it'll be an anime only ending, but I'm not reading the manga anyways so I'm fine with that.
Jun 16, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hase what the hell is wrong with you!!!
Trying to avoid her is the worse thing ,you even made her cry
Hajime didn't even know ?! I thought he did.

This episode was sad ,happy , funny,sad
Saki made it funny by avoiding Shougo
Jun 16, 2014 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
Saki HNNNNGGGGGG she's the best.
Jun 16, 2014 9:47 PM

Oct 2011
Hase what are you doing !!!!!!!

Kujo wasn't the blame it was those girls. Plus the mysterious one in the back !!!!

Saki reveal your love for Shougo !!!!!

Last episode NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 17, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2012
is getting more complicated

next the climax and the final episode :(

Jun 17, 2014 12:58 AM
Aug 2011
With only one more episode left we're definitely going to get a rushed ending, almost positive it's going to be the dreaded "friendzone" ending as well.

There wasn't enough romantic development between Hase and Fujimiya for the to be a couple in the end.
Jun 17, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2014
inb4 the anime gets an open albeit bittersweet season finale setting up for a season 2 once there's enough material(I've read the manga btw)
Jun 17, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
What better way of not hurting someone you love, then to hurt them even more. Seriously, Hase, the fuck goes on in your mind?

Last episode better end on a happy note, or someone going to go in the death note...Never really watched death note but the joke is there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Oct 2013
Hase is slowly distancing himself from Kaori to avoid hurting her in the future. Typical, and next episode he'll realize how stupid he is to do that and they'll end up getting together. I might have to drop the anime to a 6 if it goes the predictable route like that. I guess I'm the only one hoping for a bitter ending.

It's nice to see that Hajime isn't such a bad guy when given a chance.

What was the intent behind the final scene where Kaori and Shougo look at each other?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 17, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Ayyyy things are moving forward! Good. I wanted to see more of these kinds of episodes in the beginning and finally it's happening. One week left. (lol get it?)
Jun 17, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
I want everything to be happy again ;__;

HaseXKaori
ShougoXSaki

MAKE IT HAPPEN EPISODE 12
Jun 17, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. I can feel again that story develops further. Well, I'm excited for last episode, some cool stuff may happen :P
Jun 17, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Hase-kun why do you doing that?
i hope we get good ending
Jun 17, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
While I frequently find Hase annoying and have doubted his motives, the end of this episode cleared it all up for me. The scene at the end with him crying showed that, despite how selfish and outright stupid he can be, he really does care about Kaori and wants her to be happy. Naturally, he's Hase, so he's going about it all wrong, but at least his heart's in the right place.
Jun 17, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was kind of melancholy... I liked finding out what caused her memory loss and accident but things didn't really get better, it's weird since next week is the last episode, (unless there's another season coming).. like how much can be resolved in one episode? I guess I'll see!
Jun 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
WHat a douchebag
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 17, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
These last two episodes have been pretty sad... i hope this has a happy ending next week.
Jun 17, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
Not a bad episode. Yuuki and Hajime finally have a talk that doesn't get derailed, and as a result we come to learn that Hajime's not just a huge jerk. I figured he didn't know the whole truth surrounding Kaori's accident, so despite his previous actions, I was willing to be patient and see what the show decided to do with him.

I'm surprised nobody's making much mention of how the episode started. It felt kinda abrupt with how a lot of time had passed off-screen between the previous episode and this one. On the one hand I can see how it makes sense, considering that depending on how they handle it, the building up again of Kaori's memories would just feel really redundant. But on the other hand, that's the thing, it depends on how they handle it. They don't necessarily need to have another build-up of Kaori's memories. It wasn't terrible, but as a resolution to the large amount of drama (relatively speaking) that had happened over the previous two episodes, it didn't feel emotionally satisfying.

I think what would have been more emotionally satisfying is if they didn't have the time-skip. For example, they could have had things happen in episode 11 similarly to how they actually did, but tweak it a bit, maybe having something like Kaori getting some of her memories of the situation surrounding the accident back as a result of running into her old classmates in episode 10 (if I remember correctly, that's what they did anyways). You could also use that to have her remember some of what she'd forgotten after Hajime called her a traitor, thus partially negating the whole "her memories completely reset and she has to start from square one again" thing. Then, she has to resolve her feelings regarding Hajime (her old special friend) and Yuuki (her new one). You'd still have the vast majority of the same events (Yuuki and Hajime talking and finding out the whole truth about Kaori's accident, her overhearing it and getting the rest of her memory back, etc. etc.) and feelings going on in the episode, and it would feel more emotionally connected to what came before it. It would also fit more strongly with the title of the episode (Important Friends).

*sigh*...Yuukiiiiii... I can't say I'm surprised by how he handled his newfound realization about how similar his situation is to Hajime's past relationship with Kaori. It's odd...even though it makes me sigh, I think it'd feel weird if he did something too different. It wouldn't be Yuuki. Yeah, it's dumb and shortsighted, but that's who Yuuki is. At least he's starting to think a bit more, although he went a bit too far in that direction and is putting too much emphasis on thinking it out and not enough on acting on his emotions.

I wonder how they'll wrap it up in the next episode. I hope they don't have an open ending leading to a second season, and at least give this season enough closure to stand on its own. Having an open ending for a sequel is never a guarantee that you'll get that sequel.
SejinJun 17, 2014 10:44 PM
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Jun 18, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2010
Man... that was a lot thrown into one episode.

I can actually see why Yuuki's had the thoughts he's had. Sure, he's forgetting that he would hurt Kaori even more by ending the relationship here. But I think it's precisely because he's spent so much time getting to this point that he's having such an emotional conflict. He knows that in the process, he's tried to keep Kaori to himself, or at least wanted to keep something special just between the two of them even amidst Kaori's growing circle of friends. This seemed even more heavily hinted in the anime than in the manga so far, though that could just be me.

Looking back at all the episodes so far, the story really is well thought out despite being somewhat simple and predictable from time to time. I just wish the pacing could've been better -- personally thought the important parts just weren't given enough development. (I mean, Hajime didn't appear until the end of episode 8, and his other elementary school friends until episode 10. I was really expecting the series to be longer or to blatantly hint at a second season by the halfway point.)

Whew. That being said, I'm excited to see how things will go in the finale. No episode subtitle in the preview either... that makes me even more curious. Heh.
Jun 18, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2007
Kujo has no real reason to blame himself, other than judging Kaori before knowing the truth. It's those girls who hated on Kaori who should be blamed. I absolutely can't stand bullying >_>

And of course Hase is an idiot etc. Which is a shame because he handled a lot of situations decently.
Jun 19, 2014 9:53 AM

Feb 2012
Man, that cold ending. Leaving Kaori alone like that. I hate that Hase is avoiding her now.
Jun 19, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Hase! Stop avoiding Fujimiya! >:( I can understand he's afraid, but he came so far, can't give up now!

Kujou isn't that of a jerk this episode.

Hope this gets a second season. :)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 20, 2014 5:56 AM
Jul 2018

This episode makes my heart breaks. </3
And now we're down with one last episode next week.
Jun 20, 2014 11:48 AM
Jun 2014
finallyreasonbkaorimemor
kujostilllikesherhescool
iwonderhappenfinalep2dayfrnow

jiajiaJun 22, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 20, 2014 3:46 PM

Dec 2010
This is so ending undecisively. Oh well, It was a great ride still.

Seriously, Kujou, of all things you should've fallen in love with Kaori? The picture is getting really bothersome at this point.

Anyway, Hase's a real fool. He shouldn't avoid Kaori no matter what.

And Saki must be at least as dumb to avoid Shougo. I mean there is a chance that he'll take the initiative, but she shouldn't bet on that.

oneroaddict said:
Shogo should just have smashed that stone to Hase's skull.
Lol
Jun 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2012
Most of the male lead in shoujo anime are retarded...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 22, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Kujo is the good guy after all. His side of the story was cute and sad because of a silly rumor about him and Kaori secretly dating. Stupid school rumor.

Yuki really pissed me off in this episode. He suddenly avoided Kaori and pretend she's not his friend anymore? Is it because of the rumor? Seriously, Yuki, you need to step up and be Kaori's friend again.

The scenes of Shougo and Saki were my favorite part of the entire episode. I think Shougo has a crush on Saki but doesn't want to show his feelings. I want them to be a couple in episode 12 and kiss. Shoaki FTW!
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 22, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2012
"Saki's personality is a bit derpy."
^ I will admit, it is derpy, but it's what makes her cute. When she was running around trying to get away from Shougo it reminded me of a lost dog/cat trying to find a place to call home. Too kawaii~
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jun 23, 2014 4:05 AM

Oct 2013
did they really have to drag out the drama through this whole ep >.>
does he now think that she is lying ????? wth
[/quote]
Jun 23, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The climax is reached, and as often happens in the plots, at the crucial moment lacks the decisive blow.
Plot well managed, accessible narrative, permissible indecision by Hase, now we have to see how they conclude the matter!
I hope in the next episode there is a bit of space for Shougo and Saki.
Drawings and discrete animations.
This anime already know that I will miss ... T_T
Nice OST.
Jun 23, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Honestly the past few episodes have done nothing but bumnp up my opinion of the show rather than decrease like some have said.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 23, 2014 7:28 PM

May 2012
04:24 LOOOOL

21:48 Hase u stupid yarou

7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Hase is an idiot. You'll hurt her more by avoiding her.
MoeGod said:
SHOUGO TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!

What would we do without him?
Jun 27, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Hase you turd, reported for griefing.
How can this end properly in just a single episode? I totally expect a sequel but whether me expecting that is realistic is another story.
Looking forward to the final episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 28, 2014 1:55 AM

Dec 2011
Awwww :3

Lol, Hase, telling Kujo that he actually Kaori even though he says those bad things XD.

Ohoooo, Kaori used to be popular huh.

I guess they're going to go to the same restaurant that Kujo and Hase, coincidences, coincidences lol.

Aha, so that's why her accident happened.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 3, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my fucking god. This episode was even more painful to watch than the last, Hase is so fucking stupid. Put off finishing this for a few weeks because I didn't want to subject myself to this, but decided I better finish it off, but this is getting worse than I expected.
Stupid fucking characters, this could have been a really good story, yet the characters are stupid, and their given relatively easy problems and somehow manage to STILL fuck them up so badly.

Sorry about the excessive language, but my god.

This would have been so much better if it focused on Shougo and saki, Hase is just unbearable, it's like the author goes out of their way to make him into one of the most stupidest, irritating characters ever created.

How on earth can so many people like this train wreck of a show?
RydakoJul 3, 2014 3:48 AM
Jul 4, 2014 8:43 PM

Dec 2008
Jealous girls can do more damage than any weapon of mass destruction man can create. During war time, send over jealous girls to claw the enemy's eyes out instead of bombs. After 48 hours of hair pulling, wind milling, and name calling, the white flag of surrender will go up so fast that the sound barrier will break.

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.