Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
I liked the other Tohka, pretty bad ass!

..Still not as perfect as SAO.

Expected to see more of Yoshino this season, unlucky..
Jun 14, 2014 3:25 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like the evil twin of Tohka is out lol.

The new Tohka is pretty awesome lol.

Huh, so Shido is called Takamiya actually :/

Awwww, Shido saved Miku :3

All's well that ends well T.T

LOL, a 360 degrees personality change by Miku.

So a movie version is going to come out hm.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 14, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
movie keen. tohka is so strong wth.
needed more kurumi
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 14, 2014 5:08 AM

Mar 2014
The story was alright...I was hoping for a little more comedy than we got. DAL II felt a little too serious when the premise clearly doesn't fit that very well. There's also ALL THAT FRIGGING QUALITY. Christ, that really knocked the show down a peg; if you're going to produce a second season of something, at least have it be the same quality as the first, not worse.
I heard from somebody that DAL novels > DAL II and I'm rather inclined to agree. It's really a shame, because I enjoyed Season 1 a lot and it didn't feel rushed, unlike this season. Still, a relatively enjoyable show. I won't be downloading it to watch again, though; not unless the Blu-Ray/DVD releases fix all the QUALITY.
Jun 14, 2014 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
this ep i like it! while many story skipped more than light novel
Jun 14, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
yep end was pretty rushed but everyone was kind of expecting an ending like this because of the first season

i wonder what was that at the end of the show..
this anime is pretty famous so i guess there will be a third season
Jun 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
lol'd at "darling".

Inverse Tohka was badass.

Hope the movie is given HIGH BUDGET for HIGH QUALITY ANIMATION lolz
Jun 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Dec 2013
I'm sad it's over. :( I hope the movie isn't a recap of the first two seasons.
Jun 14, 2014 9:06 AM
Mar 2013
Finally the anime comes to an END.

My BIGGEST disappointment is the QUALITY of this second season. It's FRIGGING WORST than the first season. Like someone mention, first season = bad quality yet entertaining. But this second season, WORST than first season and LESS entertaining!

It could been better! Much better!

Still I would rate 7/10 coz I'm still a FAN of DAL.
Jun 14, 2014 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Well this episode wasn't so bad, I liked it. But the scene when Shido turned Tohka back into her former self was a little bit strange. Despite that, nice ending. Totally Date A Live ending. Can't wait for the upcoming movie.
Jun 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2012
"Darling" Awwww..

Awesome episode, loved the ending.

Movie? AWW YISS! I really hope it won't be a recap. From the preview I assume it was Ellen and the story will settle around the 'bad guys' and Westcott's evil planning.
Jun 14, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
Thoka looked a lot more badass and hotter in her new form. Would actually prefer if she retained that new transformation.

Shidou was surprisingly cool when he rescued Miku.

Miku's personality made a complete 180 there. lol

Season was fine. If the animation just would have been somewhat better...

Let's see where the movie will go from here. I definitely want to see the next girl now. She looks awesome from what I've seen so far.
JoekstarJun 14, 2014 12:50 PM
Jun 14, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
I thought Inverse Tohka will crush Ellen so badly.
May be after DAL encore, they will show pv of the movie.
Season 3 will release after vol 11 show. I think that.
Jun 14, 2014 11:34 AM
May 2014
A3ead said:
Well the only thing good about this show is Kurumi and she didn't even have a proper screen time during this season (only for one episode and it wasn't so much).
the first season was much more interesting and unusual but this season is mediocre and the ending is quite rushed and predictable .. we'll see what happens in the movie.
I give this season a 6/10 or maybe less ..
however, I give Kurumi a 10/10 for pure awesomeness !

Dretax said:
Possible, since if you think Shido still haven't chosen his girl, ofc everyone knows it will be Tohka (Guess) and Westcott ran away. So there are still things to finish.

This is a Harem anime .. Shido will NEVER choose a girl !
if he did though it will obviously be Tohka.

Not really dat much. Ofc he will. Read a little here: http://date-a-live.wikia.com/wiki/Shido_Itsuka/Relationships
Jun 14, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2011
I liked Dark Tohka's voice. And hehe, Miku was looking great at the end ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
Well, this last episode was one terrible mess, mostly thanks to the focus of the most bland and boring main heroine in a while who is only on screen when the creators realize she is actually supposed to be the main attraction. And Miku...good God was that some terrible butchering they did with her. Awful finale. 1/5.

Mediocre season, though it was pretty entertaining until Miku showed up. Kurumi managed to salvage something from the last arc, I'm giving it a 5 of 10 simply because of her. Not really looking forward to the movie, I'm afraid it will be a mess.
Jun 14, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
Darn, it's over... And right when it was getting good too :(
Hopefully we'll have another season as well as the movie.

Giving this season a 7.5/10 because 10 episodes was way too short.
Jun 14, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
A decent ending, I suppose. As many people have mentioned, the quality was really lacking this season. I just hope the movie version will restore its former glory.

Also, was Origami's intervention towards the Yamai Twins even necessary? It seemed like a shoe-in to show how pathetically weak she is, and to add insult to injury, Yuzuru rushes to her side and asked what she was doing. That is just embarassing lol.
Jun 14, 2014 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
Eh, I mean I didn't think this sucked, but the first season was much better. The last few episodes saved it, but it just wasn't enough, plus only having 10 episodes kind of hurt it too.

6/10
Jun 14, 2014 4:23 PM

Dec 2013
I guess some people just can't be happy if they're not bitching about something. Really, I'm just not seeing how there can be so much to complain about. The quality took a hit this season because of a lower budget, so you can't really expect it to match up to the quality of the first season.

So, in review. Putting aside that atrocious first episode filler, this season progressed rather well. If not a little choppy in some places. It kept a steady plot progression throughout the arcs, which is commendable for a harem anime. Characters didn't quite get the development to meet everyone's individual likings, I would have loved to see more Yoshino and Kotori but no anime will consistently please every single viewer.

The development of the Miku character was handled quite well, I was impressed with it. She started off at this point of being an annoying spoiled child with major psychological issues, but by the end had went through a believable and honest change into an endearing young lady willing to atone for her mistakes.

The mini-plot with Kurumi was alright, actually made me like her character a little more.

The Dark Tohka story was a bit rushed, but overall it was enjoyable and managed to retain the emotional impact. Not to mention, Dark Tohka is just extremely stupid-strong.

I ended up changing my rating for this season from a 7 to an 8 because of this finale. Really excited about the movie, too. I hope we'll get a season 3 as well. There's certain parts of the material not yet adapted that I'm very anxious to see. I'm really interested in the Origami storylines.

Here's hoping for more to come in the future.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 14, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2013
Season 1 focused entirely on setting up the plot and characters and season 2 advanced on the plot and actually made it serious,

With other words: one makes the base of the story, while the second part makes the story serious instead of a "new spirit each episode repeat"

Both seasons were great and s2 definetly didn't dissapoint.

Looking forward to the ova, movie, and obviously season 3 ( sigh, waiting is so shit)

9/10 ( because a few flaws won't break the entertainment for me unless its REALLY big)
Jun 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Aug 2013
No one else noticed the awesome remix of sweet arm's trust in you?
Jun 14, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Dark Tohka is surely more powerful that normal but normal Tohka <3
Great ending,i knew that Shido with his power of feelings & love would bring normal Tohka back.I'm so happy that it ended well :D
Ahaah that bit** escaped because Tohka was kicking her ass ahaha what a bad excuse to run from a fight! xD
Shido boss! Favourite character! Finally Miku opened her eyes and now she knows that not all humans are the same,that kiss in the end :3
Happy to know that they announced a movie but i hope it won't replace a 3rd season,can't wait for ti!
Amazing anime,loved it 10/10 :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 14, 2014 8:31 PM

Mar 2014
good finale although a little rushed

but now i wanna see how shido talks his way out of miku calling him darling
Jun 14, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda a letdown and doubting the movie can be good. 6/10
Keep moving forward
Jun 14, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2013
Dark Tohka's premature victory celebration :3
Jun 14, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2010
Dark Tohka was pretty cool. I like Inoue Marina's voice much better when she's serious. Too bad Ellen didn't get her ass kicked longer.

I guess Miku redeemed herself. Shido managed to turn a lesbian straight. Guess he's the first harem lead to accomplish that. Atleast from the ones that I know.

I think this season wasn't good as season 1. Didn't have the same charm. The episodes with Kurumi were pretty much the best part of this season. And she only had like 1 episode for her. I would most likely not watch this series if it wasn't for her. Only reason why I'm giving this a 7/10 is because of Kurumi.

Looking forward to the Kurumi star festival OVA. Best thing about DAL IMO.
Jun 14, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2012
Well I enjoyed this season and Shido's harem is steadily growing. I LOVE MIKU!!!

Great season!!!
Jun 15, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
Dark Tohka was cool.

Well overall it wasn't as good as season 1. It was pretty meh. I didn't feel like a lot even happened. I'll rate it a 7 for Kurumi and the fan service from episode 3. Kurumi was really great in this season defiantly the highlight character and that Yamai twin fan service from episode 3 was something else....I found this show was only running on fanservice and anticipation for Kurumi this season. Oh ya and that kick ass OP. Great song!
FluxasionJun 15, 2014 6:31 AM
Jun 15, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Can't believe it's over T__T

Dark Tohka : 0

Takamiya ???? 0___0

Darling XDD.

Nice song from Miku.

Will miss Kurumi!!!!!
Jun 15, 2014 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
well the ending is nice (7/10) and Shido harem grow bigger XD

watch again when season 3 or the movie release :)

Jun 16, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2010
What can i say? This was so lame.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 16, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, Sweet Arms made another great song, however text could be less trivial -.^, ed was for + too.

This show is so banal harem, but I love it for characters and songs 7.5/10, inpatient for movie.
Jun 16, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
this is a big waaaaste of time -_- i hate this season
Jun 16, 2014 9:35 AM

May 2011
Ehhhh.... this season was meh at best. Only 2 arcs and I only mildly enjoyed one of them. Miku's arc wasn't very interesting.

5/10, average.
Jun 16, 2014 11:43 AM
Apr 2013
should be more episodes gimme new season!
Jun 16, 2014 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
This was an ok~ ending for a season 2 with more to come. But it was also very cheesy and too simple. I mean... they didn't create a complex situation, and you don't even need to think to understand this episode. I found Dark Tohka's sword to be super badass xD Oh and then Miku became attracted to Shido. Like seriously, wtf no fair. Shido has everyman's dream. A harem, a loli, a few tsunderes, and even a yandere. Soooo lucky. Damn him. But yeah, can't wait till the movie version to explain what happens next with Ellen and the others. Hopefully it'll come out soon~ Nice episode over and a pretty okay series, wasn't the best but I think its good enough. 5/5 for this episode :)
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jun 16, 2014 12:30 PM
Jun 2014
I think what many of you think the end was pretty rushed but to be honest I wouldn't like it if it was the other extreme either I mean rushed endings are bad but prolonged one are worse where there are three episode of build up and it take three to resolve leave that to dragon ball I think it should have been moderated so that it was half to a ful episode of build up and one to one and a half of resolving honestly that in my opinion is what should have happened other than that I still liked the series and I'm psyched for the movie
Jun 16, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2014
season 1 was better

since there's unanswered stuff, I'll hope Yoshino gets more screen time in the probable season 3
Jun 16, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2012
Felt a bit rushed at the end, but good enough for me 8/10.
Jun 16, 2014 11:13 PM

Dec 2010
I just marathoned both seasons, and I think they both deserve an equal score of a 7/10 (maybe a 6.5).

The first season is focused more on harem, comedy, and fanservice. While the second season does indeed have all of that, its downplayed a lot more. The focus is more on Shidou and his abilities with some relationship development with Tohka and new harem members.

This season also had more dark action and was a great deal more serious. Which is something I don't mind, but I did miss the dates, and the light hearted aspect of the first season. It was still enjoyable, but its not going to blow my mind, win any awards, or really stick with me that long unfortunately.

However I am looking forward to both the OVA and the movie. I just hope, and pray that the movie isn't a recap of the first season... I want to see the 8th or 9th novels adapted! Which they probably couldn't do unless the season was a lot shorter...

This episode though was one of my favorites of either series. There was a great deal of emotional catharsis I appreciated.
Jun 17, 2014 1:08 AM

Jan 2013
I liked it enough to give it a 7/10.

It was very sweet.
Jun 17, 2014 11:26 AM
Apr 2013
Absolutely horrifying season. The first one was kind of average but at least fun to watch. This one was like totaly diferent show failing in everything from beggining to the very end.
Jun 17, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2011
So many haters for this show ... not really sure why, but oh well, it won't reduce my enjoyment of the show any. I enjoyed Miku finally showing her deredere side, along with her derriere, and calling Shido "Darling." Between the five girls shown at the end, Kurumi, Katori, and Oragami, Shido has one fine-looking harem, lol.

The season started off a bit slow, but I enjoyed the Thunder Twins arc well enough and Miku's arc was pretty damn epic. It would have been better if they weren't rushed into 10 episodes, though. I felt like a lot went unexplained with Dark Tohka and the 'inversion' nonsense, but that's kinda par for the course with anime. Big on the hot girls and the cool fights, not so big on explaining what the hell's going on.

Also, Kurumi kinda turned me into a convert this season. I'm not usually much for the crazy yandere girls, but she was just too badass not to love her.

I'll give it a 9/10. Not as good as first season, but still pretty great.
Jun 18, 2014 2:39 AM
Mar 2014
7/10 for me

S3 ? still a alot of things not explained.
Jun 18, 2014 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
We need a separate season with just Kurumi!!!!
Shido turned Miku straight what a pimp XD
haha now to wait for the movie : 3 good season
[/quote]
Jun 18, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
Not enough Kurumi, but it was still very enjoyable! Last hope: Date A Live: Encore OVA! Cant wait!!!
Jun 19, 2014 7:24 AM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
anime was good, but the last episode didnt explain as much as i would of wanted, i think there either has to be another season, or hopefully the movie continues off of this season.
Jun 19, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
What's better than a big fucking sword? A HUGE GIANT BIG FUCKING SWORD.

So Tohka turn on the dark side and become anti-Tohka, a cold-hearted woman that seem to somehow be able to absorb other spirit power. I would have liked to hear more about this :(
Anyway, once again Shido save the world with the power of love. What a pimp. He's such panties wetter that he managed to turn a lesbian man hater into a moe lovey-dovey straight girl.

It wasn't as good as the first season. It lost his appeal as a dating sim parody. But it still wasn't bad, there was some great moment, like with the twins at beach. I'll look out for the movie, let's just hope it's not a redrawn recap...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 19, 2014 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
Ending with some kissing and a musical performance.
Pretty nice.
Nothing surprising from the sequel. Better than the second season of Infinite Stratos though.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.