Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
I need two different types of anime. After completing a few recently, I need to stock back up and need your help/expertise.

First anime:

- I'm looking for an anime with a great plot

- Something that catches me off guard with good twists. Ex; Steins;Gate, Death Note

- Something that keeps me invested and wanting to watch more Ex; SnK, Hunter X Hunter (2011)

- Closure at the end (unless there's a second season/movie sequel) Preferably a good ending.

Second Anime:

- I'm looking for a fun anime, I just finished Yozakua Quartet: Hana no Uta and something like that would be perfect.

- Must have some form of romance (but NO incest please), also not a dramatic romance, I'd rather more comedy than actual drama like Haganai.

- I love an entertaining harem like Highschool DxD, Sekirei

- Nothing with a sad/tragic ending

I appreciate any and all recommendations, I could really use some help.

Here's my list for reference if it helps you: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dofy
TolzenJun 12, 2014 1:18 PM
Jun 12, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
First anime: DN Angel

Second Anime: Kamisama Kiss (Or try The Wallflower)
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2013
First anime:

Psycho-pass
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Shinsekai Yori
Kara no Kyoukai Movies
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
TobiOrNotTobi said:

Been thinking about watching Kamisama, I've only read the first few chapters of the manga and I liked the concept.

Thanks for the rec's so far, keep 'em coming!
Jun 12, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2014
Bump (first time doing this, I'm desperate)
Jun 12, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2014
Dofy said:
- I'm looking for an anime with a great plot

- Shinsekai Yori
Dofy said:
- I love an entertaining harem like Highschool DxD

- To Love-Ru Darkness (uncensored)
Jun 12, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
I recommend:
Kill La Kill
Naruto (if you have a lot of time) (nvm seems you are already watching it)
Soul Eater <--- you should read manga of it, but the anime is still decent.
Jun 12, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2013
Try School Days :D

As for entertaining harems, you've got most of them covered

Demon King Daimao maybe..
Jun 12, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
Dofy said:
TobiOrNotTobi said:

Been thinking about watching Kamisama, I've only read the first few chapters of the manga and I liked the concept.

Thanks for the rec's so far, keep 'em coming!

Keep reading the manga if you want, it's very interesting.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 12, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
First:
+2 Shinsekai Yori
Sidonia no Kishi
Higashi no Eden
Monster

Second:
Kyousougiga

Also, check out Nodame Cantabile, Bakuman, Uchuu Kyoudai and Chihayafuru if you liked Honey and Clover.
Jun 12, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
Thanks for the rec's so far everyone, they're much appreciated.

I was also thinking of these few series, but I don't know much about them. I was hoping someone could tell me if they fit with what I ask.

First anime: Shiki, Phi Brain, Gatchaman Crowds, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

Second: Kannagi, Medaka Box, Akikan

Any and all knowledge on these mentioned series would be appreciated greatly!
Jun 12, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
No to Phi Brain. It's kind of like Yugioh plus Detective Conan, but not in a good way. Good way to kill time and it's something I would watch with kids...
Jun 12, 2014 2:53 PM

May 2014
Dofy said:

I was also thinking of these few series, but I don't know much about them. I was hoping someone could tell me if they fit with what I ask.

Shiki is a fairly good series especially if you like some gore. The only problem with it is that there's a lot, literally a lot, of world building...like the first half of the series may feel slow and boring. That's the main reason why many people drops it. I'd say it fits most of your requests. Not certain if in the first half you will want to watch more.

I also watched Kannagi. It fits your requirements. But I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not. The start is very good and I really enjoy the female MC. But after a few episodes it turns into a slice of life with pointless filler-like episodes. And the romance is really, really slow. Finally, the story doesn't go anywhere...there's a second season planned so the series has no conclusion.
Jun 12, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
type-a1pha said:
Dofy said:

Shiki is a fairly good series especially if you like some gore. The only problem with it is that there's a lot, literally a lot, of world building...like the first half of the series may feel slow and boring. That's the main reason why many people drops it. I'd say it fits most of your requests. Not certain if in the first half you will want to watch more.

I also watched Kannagi. It fits your requirements. But I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not. The start is very good and I really enjoy the female MC. But after a few episodes it turns into a slice of life with pointless filler-like episodes. And the romance is really, really slow. Finally, the story doesn't go anywhere...there's a second season planned so the series has no conclusion.

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to find out. I have no problem waiting it out for Shiki as long as it's more or less worth it.

Kannagi has a few of my favorite seiyuu, and if it is going to get a second season I can stomach the inconclusiveness.

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
6 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 11 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.