Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 2014 7:06 AM

May 2014
I've seen a lot of hate about this show. I personally enjoyed it, but is there anyone who find this show terrible?

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
It's ranked #50. Whatever hate the show get is just vocal minority.

I didn't hate it, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more, if it weren't for the characters, who I all dislike except for Homura.
Jun 12, 2014 7:19 AM
Jun 12, 2014 7:20 AM

Jul 2011
Cuz i can man
Jun 12, 2014 7:22 AM
Aug 2012
Ckan said:
The faces are too wide.
Jun 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
The fanbase is too loud.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 12, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
if it weren't for the characters, who I all dislike except for Homura.

Wrong opinion, because Sayaka > Homura.
Jun 12, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
I think this show has got a lot of hate because it's attracted people who aren't that knowledgeable about anime, some of whom have said that what's great about it is that it turns all our conceptions about MS shows upside down, deconstructs the genre, etc. (Which has an element of truth, but has no doubt been overstated.)

This has prompted quite a few people to put the noobs in their place by saying that PMMM isn't so great, and it's not as interesting or revolutionary as X, Y or Z. However, this too is overstated, because the motivation of such put downs is as much to show you're an experienced anime watcher as to provide a measured assessment of the show.

In my opinion, PMMM is awesome partly (but only partly) because of the ways that it plays with genre expectations - but if that were the whole story it would only bear one watching. What's *really* great about it is that it's a superbly crafted story, with interesting characters, deep ideas, amazing music, original animation, etc. In other words, it's a great show from *lots* of points of view - the whole package.

In short, like Homura and Sayaka, the show's fans and haters probably got off on the wrong foot...
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Jun 12, 2014 11:07 AM
Aug 2012
Botato said:
tsudecimo said:
if it weren't for the characters, who I all dislike except for Homura.

Your opinion is wrong because Sayaka sucks.
Jun 12, 2014 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
WatchingYouPost said:
Botato said:

Yes.

But on a more serious note. I think Sayaka was a better written character, but that doesn't automatically makes her likable in my eyes, or erase my dislike for her.
Jun 12, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
WatchingYouPost said:
Botato said:

Kyoko best girl.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jun 12, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
I don't hate this show, but I don't consider myself a fan of it. Personally don't consider it very memorable, don't care for any of the characters (I don't like many female characters in general) and I expected a lot more because of everyone's spoilers warnings LOL
Jun 12, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
WatchingYouPost said:
Botato said:

Lolno.
tsudecimo said:
But on a more serious note. I think Sayaka was a better written character, but that doesn't automatically makes her likable in my eyes, or erase my dislike for her.

Well, to each his own.
Who am I kidding, you're still wrong.
JabonHR said:

Kyoko best girl.
Let's turn this to best girl topic :D
Jun 12, 2014 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
Chuunichan said:
I've seen a lot of hate about this show.
No you haven't.

It's ranked very high, people constantly rave about it, and the people who don't usually still say it's okay. Only the occasional person will attack a show like this and it's usually just to make people like you mad so they can get a good laugh at the cry of "hater"; the most pathetic word in any fanboy's vocabulary. No one cares that it's your favourite show because "the feels man" and you feel the need to defend it. Threads like this have been done to death and are really rather annoying.
Jun 13, 2014 2:14 AM

Feb 2014
JabonHR said:

Kyoko best girl.

I approve.
Jun 13, 2014 3:34 AM

May 2014
Slyr3do0n said:
Chuunichan said:
I've seen a lot of hate about this show.
No you haven't.

It's ranked very high, people constantly rave about it, and the people who don't usually still say it's okay. Only the occasional person will attack a show like this and it's usually just to make people like you mad so they can get a good laugh at the cry of "hater"; the most pathetic word in any fanboy's vocabulary. No one cares that it's your favourite show because "the feels man" and you feel the need to defend it. Threads like this have been done to death and are really rather annoying.

Well, I made this thread because I met someone who didn't just hate it. He hated it for a stupid reason. He pointed out 'plotholes' which are already explained. And he wrote a so-called review which is just he bashing the show.

Jun 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
There is a lot of random/undeserved hate for many series not just Madoka.

The question is why do they feel the need to write bullshit that most of the time is nitpicking that they wouldnt with their favs or they just conviently ignore many parts of the story to create plotholes etc..
Jun 13, 2014 10:27 PM
Sep 2011
I'm honestly amazed by how little hate I see for the series. Honestly the only hate I've really seen for it is from anons on tumblr.

The show's fandom isn't even a tiny smidge of why I don't like the show, though I admit it gets annoying when obnoxious people who admit they've never even seen a magical girl show try to talk like it's better than the rest of the genre. Although they did threaten me because I dared to drop it at episode 7.

Really most of my dislike for the show comes from the fact that it's the opposite of everything I like about magical girl shows. Magical girl shows are usually fun, adorable shows that are ideal for unwinding after a stressful day. They're all about young girls taking charge of their destinies, being empowered and punching anything that stands in the way of their happiness. Madoka... not so much.

The show goes to great length to try to twist the genre into something horrific and depressing. It's like it's telling me again and again "Being a magical girl is awful and you'll suffer and die no matter what! Did you forget that? Here's a reminder! Need another? We've got one more! Still not convinced? Now you are!" Combine that with some of the most irritating and unlikable characters I have seen in an anime and I just... stared blankly at the screen most of the time, feeling a mix between frustration and fatigue.
Jun 14, 2014 12:16 AM

May 2014
RLinksoul said:
I'm honestly amazed by how little hate I see for the series. Honestly the only hate I've really seen for it is from anons on tumblr.

The show's fandom isn't even a tiny smidge of why I don't like the show, though I admit it gets annoying when obnoxious people who admit they've never even seen a magical girl show try to talk like it's better than the rest of the genre. Although they did threaten me because I dared to drop it at episode 7.

Really most of my dislike for the show comes from the fact that it's the opposite of everything I like about magical girl shows. Magical girl shows are usually fun, adorable shows that are ideal for unwinding after a stressful day. They're all about young girls taking charge of their destinies, being empowered and punching anything that stands in the way of their happiness. Madoka... not so much.

The show goes to great length to try to twist the genre into something horrific and depressing. It's like it's telling me again and again "Being a magical girl is awful and you'll suffer and die no matter what! Did you forget that? Here's a reminder! Need another? We've got one more! Still not convinced? Now you are!" Combine that with some of the most irritating and unlikable characters I have seen in an anime and I just... stared blankly at the screen most of the time, feeling a mix between frustration and fatigue.

Well, I hope you don't go around the net trolling fans of the show just because they love it.

Jun 14, 2014 1:09 AM

Jun 2012
Madoka has got a few, well known flaws and anyone who denies them, just didn't understand Madoka at all. Whatsoever, those points deserve to be addressed and well, they were already addressed so many times. But addressing should not be confused with hating. But hate is just deserved my things or people who are illogical, unreasonable, unjust or just annoying. None of this is the case with Madoka. So maybe the show can be disliked, but hate is totally undeserved.
ChepriJun 15, 2014 3:55 AM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jun 14, 2014 10:39 AM
Sep 2011
Chuunichan said:

Well, I hope you don't go around the net trolling fans of the show just because they love it.

Maybe that's why I've never flames come my way despite hating the show so much, cause I never do that. That and I actually explain my reasons in great detail (perhaps too much) rather than just bash it without anything to back up said bashing.

As part of the Magical Girl fandom I know a lot of people who are Madoka fans and I never give them a hard time for liking it and they never give me a hard time for disliking it.
Jun 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
Maybe that's because you dislike the show because it isn't "traditional".
In others words it isn't your cup of coffee.
That is totally different from making up flaws.
Jun 14, 2014 11:16 AM
Sep 2011
I hope you're not replying to me, ssjokg. Cause if you are then I would like to point out that that is pretty much exactly what I said. That a big bulk of the reason I don't like it is because it is a grimdark and edgy version of Magical Girl shows and I don't like that. I never "made up" any flaws. I never said anything in my post about the writing or the characters (irritating and unlikable is highly subjective and doesn't say whether they were written properly).
Jun 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
I was replying to you but I was pointing out why they(magical girl fans and others) don't give you a hard time.

I guess it wasn't really needed, but felt like posting that anyway...
Jun 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2010
I guess it was said somewhere (as Chepri said; btw. interesting girl in that ava, Chepri) but the first half of the show I can write in this sentence: "madokaaaa, become magical girl". It's just so boring. As RLinksoul dropped it at 7 episode because s/he didn't like "horrific and depressing" (etc) things. I started to like that part.
ps. It might watched it because Nitroplus and his "dark" things
ps2. Above statements may be not 100% because I have watched it long time ago.
Jun 14, 2014 12:12 PM
Sep 2011
Wannabiteme said:
but the first half of the show I can write in this sentence: "madokaaaa, become magical girl". It's just so boring.

Chances are anyone who didn't already know what was going to happen in the end would no doubt be wondering when Madoka's going to take a more active role as the "protagonist" of this show. Not helped by the show going out of its way to promote as being a Magical Girl from the start (the show's troll tactics being another reason I don't like it)

She tries to do something as seen in episodes 4 and 6, but for the most part she's kept on the sidelines, unable to do little more than feel helpless and cry. And of course this is all for good reason, but it doesn't let her flourish into a more interesting character. She's defined as "an ordinary girl you could meet anywhere, who wants to be helpful and useful to others but doesn't know how." That's pretty much her whole characterization for over nine episodes.

Then by episode 10 the show is set up to be so hopeless and depressing that you already know Madoka's wish is going to be the thing that changes everything.

And that's all she has to do, wish for it. She becomes the hero of the story just by making her wish. I will say this though. It is NOT a deus ex machina. Her having enormous potential as a magical girl was mentioned from the beginning. She just needed a wish that wouldn't result in a total grimdark ending.
Jun 14, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
RLinksoul said:
She just needed a wish that wouldn't result in a total grimdark ending.

And it would have worked if Homura had kept her mouth shut.
Jul 21, 2014 7:51 PM

Nov 2013
I don't hate it, but I didn't like it very much either. From all the hype all over the Internet, I was expecting this to be an easy 10/10, but instead I got unlikeable characters (well, mostly the MC) and plot holes in the story. Overall though, the general story is okayish, and it's got a nice art style and awesome music - objectively, a well rounded anime, so 8/10 of me.
MigiyakaJul 21, 2014 7:54 PM
Jul 22, 2014 6:07 AM

Dec 2010
I love this show. I quite like it. With its flaws, its still a pretty awesome show.

I just think the mass majority that's riding Homura's metaphorical dick is just a bunch of tools. "Selfless"? No?

Homura is an emotionally abusive stalker with time traveling powers. If you all can hate Sayaka and completely misconstrue her character while calling Homura OF ALL FUCKING CHARACTERS "selfless", you're incapable of being reasoned with. So, before I can continue, how it feel? I mean. Being the "way you are"? Oh, you know what I mean. Silly!

Don't worry. I'm not like this with everyone. Just HomuHomus. Who are probably the same people that swoon over Lelouch Lamperouge, mass murderer extraordinaire but is personally offended by complete monsters like Johan Liebert.

ssjokg said:
RLinksoul said:
She just needed a wish that wouldn't result in a total grimdark ending.

And it would have worked if Homura had kept her mouth shut.

Word.
Jul 22, 2014 6:28 AM
Sep 2011
Lauriet said:
Homura is an emotionally abusive stalker with time traveling powers. If you all can hate Sayaka and completely misconstrue her character while calling Homura OF ALL FUCKING CHARACTERS "selfless", you're incapable of being reasoned with.

It's always funny when people hate on Sayaka because her wish revolving around a boy, but then praise Homura for doing the exact same thing, but with a girl.

Sayaka is an insecure but fairly well-adjusted character whose CHILDHOOD FRIEND was in an accident and can no longer work on his art, his passion.

Homura? She's an insecure, near-suicidal mess for no established reason. We know nothing about her past, present or future. She met Madoka and a month later made the wish that caused her entire life to be dedicated to this girl who said Homura had a cool name. Homura has no character. Take away Madoka and you have no Homura.

But what really bugs me is whenever someone talks about how unlikable, cold and demeaning Homura is, and the response is always "Durr have you seen episode 10? There's a reason she acts that way!"

Those last four words. "She. Acts. That. Way." They admit it, but apparently, because a character has a glorified sob-story of a past, that gives them a free pass to act like a total prick. She can call Madoka a complete idiot, she can try to kill Sayaka, she can insult people right after they've witnessed the death of a friend, and you're not allowed to find fault with this because she's oh so tragic!
Jul 22, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
Lauriet said:
Don't worry. I'm not like this with everyone. Just HomuHomus. Who are probably the same people that swoon over Lelouch Lamperouge, mass murderer extraordinaire but is personally offended by complete monsters like Johan Liebert.
Well, Sayaka > Homura hands down but I found this interesting. Lelouch is an anti-hero, Johan is a villain, I don't see a problem in liking Lelouch over Johan.
Jul 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
RLinksoul said:
Homura? She's an insecure, near-suicidal mess for no established reason. We know nothing about her past, present or future. She met Madoka and a month later made the wish that caused her entire life to be dedicated to this girl who said Homura had a cool name. Homura has no character. Take away Madoka and you have no Homura.

1)She was only near suicidal,because she was under influnce of a witch
2)We know the reason why she is so insecure,it's because she was in hospital for over a year,which had many negative side effect on her live
3)Madoka also saved her live,and they had 4 weeks to deepen their friendship
4)It wasn't Homura's plan to dedicated her entire live to that cause,but it's not like she had a choice in the matte after she made her wish

She just wanted to save her best friend,the other girls would have done something similar.
Homura was unaware of the consequences.
RLinksoul said:
But what really bugs me is whenever someone talks about how unlikable, cold and demeaning Homura is, and the response is always "Durr have you seen episode 10? There's a reason she acts that way!"

Those last four words. "She. Acts. That. Way." They admit it, but apparently, because a character has a glorified sob-story of a past, that gives them a free pass to act like a total prick. She can call Madoka a complete idiot, she can try to kill Sayaka, she can insult people right after they've witnessed the death of a friend, and you're not allowed to find fault with this because she's oh so tragic!

You forgot the most important part.If she fails,every single human on the planet will die.
That seems like a pretty good justification for her actions.
Jul 22, 2014 7:39 AM
Sep 2011
Szadek23 said:

1)She was only near suicidal,because she was under influnce of a witch
2)We know the reason why she is so insecure,it's because she was in hospital for over a year,which had many negative side effect on her live
3)Madoka also saved her live,and they had 4 weeks to deepen their friendship
4)It wasn't Homura's plan to dedicated her entire live to that cause,but it's not like she had a choice in the matte after she made her wish.

She just wanted to save her best friend,the other girls would have done something similar.
Homura was unaware of the consequences.

1 ) I'll give you that one. I had read somewhere that people who get affected by witch kisses are usually close to wanting to commit suicide either way, but perhaps it's just because she's already so emotionally vulnerable.

2 ) That's about as far as it goes really. We don't know who she is beyond an insecure hospital patient whose very existence revolves around Madoka.

3 ) Madoka didn't save her alone. Mami was there, right by her side the entire time they spent together, yet Homura's focus entirely revolves around Madoka.

4 ) She did however make the absurdly specific wish so that she could try to be Madoka's hero, like she wanted to do something to not feel unworthy of Madoka's friendship. "You have to keep being my friend because I did this thing for you." and it backfired.

Szadek23 said:
You forgot the most important part.If she fails,every single human on the planet will die.
That seems like a pretty good justification for her actions.

Riiiiiiiight. Good to know that if the fate of the world ever rests in my hands, I'll be allowed to kill anyone I don't like, insult people, stalk and demean them and everyone just has to be okay with that.

On that note, I have to question the logic of trying to kill Sayaka so she'll stop making Madoka miserable. Killing Sayaka would only make Madoka MORE miserable, so to me it seems like Homura just wanted to get rid of Sayaka so that Madoka wouldn't try to sacrifice herself for her.
Jul 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
2)Homura was looping for 10-12 years.Her one sided affection for Madoka is as strong as Sayaka's for Kamijou.

3)I am sure that the show showed Madoka being more friendly/opened up/clingy to Homura than Mami.

4)How does the line in quotes work exactly?Her "plan" was to save Madoka's life, too bad that after she was going from revelation to revelation about the miserable life of MGs.

RLinksoul said:

Riiiiiiiight. Good to know that if the fate of the world ever rests in my hands, I'll be allowed to kill anyone I don't like, insult people, stalk and demean them and everyone just has to be okay with that.

On that note, I have to question the logic of trying to kill Sayaka so she'll stop making Madoka miserable. Killing Sayaka would only make Madoka MORE miserable, so to me it seems like Homura just wanted to get rid of Sayaka so that Madoka wouldn't try to sacrifice herself for her.

Are we really questioning her actions in the last timeline after she saw plenty of times her other "friends" killing each other, turning into a witch and suspecting her of being an enemy when she attempted to explain the situation?

If she killed Sayaka she could at least hide the fact that magical girls turn into witches.It's not Sayaka's death that tortured Kyoko and Madoka, but the revelation that their wishes in the end lead to that happening.

Also about the issue regarding Sayaka vs Homura hate.
Sayaka is hated because some viewers are dumb enough and can only see her losing Kamijou as the reason she despaired and forget the walking corpse thing,not because of the wish itself.
ssjokgJul 22, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 22, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Every show always have people who like it and who dislike it, just respect other opinion for me
Jul 22, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
RLinksoul said:

1 ) I'll give you that one. I had read somewhere that people who get affected by witch kisses are usually close to wanting to commit suicide either way, but perhaps it's just because she's already so emotionally vulnerable.

Hitomi almost killed herself and she wasn't nearly as insecure.
I suppose people with suicidal tendencies are very easy targets,but not the only ones.
RLinksoul said:
4 ) She did however make the absurdly specific wish so that she could try to be Madoka's hero, like she wanted to do something to not feel unworthy of Madoka's friendship. "You have to keep being my friend because I did this thing for you." and it backfired.

She probably hasn't thought too much about it before making the wish.
For me it looks more like she just wanted to repay the favor.
RLinksoul said:

Looks like a fairy trade for the lives for several billion people.
RLinksoul said:

Well,she tryed to help Sayaka at first,but she rejectedHomura's offer.
I don't Homura wanted to kill her,but she was out of options,an act of desperation
Also, death kind of lost its meaning for Homura at this point,because it's not permanent.
If it doesn't work,she can always turn back time.Chance are it wouldn't ,but Homura has nothing to lose.
Jul 22, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
RLinksoul said:

Are we really questioning her actions in the last timeline after she saw plenty of times her other "friends" killing each other, turning into a witch and suspecting her of being an enemy when she attempted to explain the situation?
I just want to say, her back story doesn't "excuse" her actions, but rather makes you understand them. It's not that she's "allowed" to be horrible. Villains are almost always given back stories that explain their actions, but that doesn't mean that they are "allowed" to be evil.

Not sure if I'm wording this correctly <_<
BotatoJul 22, 2014 9:22 AM
Jul 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

Are we really questioning her actions in the last timeline after she saw plenty of time her other "friends" killing each other, turning into a witch and suspecting her of being an enemy?
I just want to say, her back story doesn't "excuse" her actions, but rather makes you understand them. It's not that she's "allowed" to be horrible. Villains are almost always given back stories that explain their actions, but that doesn't mean that they are "allowed" to be evil.

Not sure if I'm wording this correctly <_<

She is detached from all except Madoka and Kyoko because the former always trusted her and the latter because it was easy to reason with, since she wasnt viewing MG duties as godsend.

So yeah for me her backstory justifies her being cold to everyone and mainly Mami and Sayaka, whose attitude towards her was the same, whether she was attempting to warn them by being good old Megane Homura or the cold and stoic one we know.
ssjokgJul 22, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 22, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
I think you meant Kyoko in your first line.

As I expected the point probably didn't get across, but I can't think of a way to say it properly without making it sound contradictory <_<
BotatoJul 22, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
I think you meant Kyoko in your first line.

As I expected the point probably didn't get across, but I can't think of a way to say it properly without making it contradictory <_<

Yeah I meant her...-_-

I think I got your point, but I just cant see her as a horrible person for treating them like that.
Jul 22, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
I only used horrible/evil because that's how I felt she is being described in the discussion currently.
Anyway, I understand the WHY behind her actions, but I think the actions themselves are still "horrible."
Think of it like someone not agreeing with Kira's/Lelouch's "the end justifies the means" methods. I probably made it worse now.
Jul 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:

Think of it like someone not agreeing with Kira's/Lelouch's "the end justifies the means" methods. I probably made it worse now.
Well that escalated quickly XD.
Accelerator would be a better example.
Jul 22, 2014 11:10 AM
Apr 2014
I wouldn't necessarily say that I "hate" Madoka Magica, however there are quite a few problems that I have with the series (and the franchise as a whole) that prevent me from enjoying it as much as others would.

1) The short runtime

12 episodes is NOT an adequate amount of time for a deconstruction to truly work its magic. The story felt all kinds of rushed and inconsistent. Essentially it tried to do too much per episode (at least, that's how it felt to me). For one thing, we aren't given enough time with the characters to actually let things set in. To be brutally honest, the short runtime basically felt like Gen Urobuchi was trying to see how much psychological torture porn that he can fit into a 22 minute time slot. I'm all for psychological torture porn, but at least give me the time to savour it. >_>

2) It's a show about psychologically torturing some teenage girls that's marketed toward an adult male audience

There's something downright sleazy about the way Madoka Magica is being marketed that just gets under my skin. For one thing, the character designs of all the girls basically look like they're trying to cater to as many moe fans and lolicons with fantasies of consoling/fucking underage girls as they possibly can. While we're at it, there's also the matter of the yuri subtext between Madoka and Homura's relationship actually being capitalised upon which basically shows the fact that the franchise as a whole is being marketed toward the lowest common denominator (perverse otakus).

3) THAT FUCKING ENDING

Okay, I can handle the psychological torture porn from episodes 3-11. I can handle the fact that there's a whole lot of melodrama going on. That's all fine by me. But I expect you to end on a painfully depressing note. Madoka fucking wishes to save all the magic girls who became witches, and in the process she became so powerful that she turned into a concept and wiped her own existence off the face of the planet. Sure, the ending isn't completely happy, but for God's sake, it's a hell of a lot better than what Homura had to put up with for that infinite time loop she kept going on with for several years.

I was honestly expecting Madoka to tell Homura to fuck off and then kill herself only for Homura to become a witch and destroy the planet. I hear that Hangyaku no Monogatari has a depressing ending, but I have the distinct feeling that Hangyaku no Monogatari is basically going to be like fan-fiction in a similar vein to The Conqueror of Shamballah.
-
Jul 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Botato said:

I'll keep that in mind for when I start reading/watching Index.
Jul 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
1)The vast majority thinks otherwise.And while you could call it rushed, it in no way was inconsistent.Preferences aside, the characters are really relatable, if that is what you mean.

2)Thats totally random slander for anime fans stereotypes.You dont need Hidamari drawings to attract "perverse otakus".NGE "did it" fine with normal animation.That the char designs are "moe" has nothing to do with the story and that alone doesnt guarantee success just like MOST moe shows out there.No comment about the yuri.It isnt the first or last show to have yuri,which sales wise doesnt really sell, so saying that the did in on purpose in order TO SELL is stupid.

3)Talking about tastes.Urobuchi will either be criticized for overly tragic stories or for writing bittersweet endings.Anime fans are TOO bipolar.

Nice, so you dont like the main story and the sequel will definitely be fanfiction for no real reason.
I have MANY issues with NGE and EoE(and 3.0) but I would never call them fanfiction just because they dont suit my tastes.
Jul 22, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
The problem I had with this show was mostly that I didn't like any of the characters specifically Madoka. I'll give it credit for the deconstruction aspect of it, but there wasn't much shock value because the only reason I watched this show was "omg magic gurls dye a lot". With the combination of the short run time and unlikable characters, I really didn't care what happened to them.
Jul 22, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

Read Index(34+ volumes huehue) and Railgun and watch Railgun S 2-16eps.
Now if you have time to waste just to see some Index scenes animated watch Index as well.
Jul 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Botato said:

Read Index(34+ volumes huehue) and Railgun and watch Railgun S 2-16eps.
Now if you have time to waste just to see some Index scenes animated watch Index as well.
... ._.

Well shit.
Jul 22, 2014 12:05 PM

Nov 2013
RLinksoul said:
Lauriet said:
Homura is an emotionally abusive stalker with time traveling powers. If you all can hate Sayaka and completely misconstrue her character while calling Homura OF ALL FUCKING CHARACTERS "selfless", you're incapable of being reasoned with.

It's always funny when people hate on Sayaka because her wish revolving around a boy, but then praise Homura for doing the exact same thing, but with a girl.

Sayaka is an insecure but fairly well-adjusted character whose CHILDHOOD FRIEND was in an accident and can no longer work on his art, his passion.

The whole anime is a glorified sob-story.
Jul 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2009
TianCheng said:
RLinksoul said:

The whole anime is a glorified sob-story.

Gee what a well thought out post.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.