MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Pages (2) 0.8 [1.8] »
Post New Reply
Poll: True Tears Episode 4 Discussion


Jan 28, 2008 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 310
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
 
Jan 28, 2008 10:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 11
lilgumba said:
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.
 
Jan 28, 2008 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1796
OmegaSpartan said:
lilgumba said:
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.

Wasn't it though? Bah, this episode was made of so much win!
 
Jan 28, 2008 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 167
This episoded really made me love the serie even more! I already thought Noe and Ai were interesting. but now the whole serie is on the same level of Kimikiss pure rouge for me. And that really says alot! Can wait for the next episode. The things that really interest me atm is Ai feelings for shin and ofcourse noe in general. Hiromi is on a side track for me tbh.
 
Jan 29, 2008 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3061
Awesome, I'm glad this show is getting better since H2O, Rosario, and maybe a few others weren't as good as I'd hoped.

I pick Noe ^_^ And then maybe Ai. Hiromi's a meh character for me at this point and I do like Shin's personality. Seems like a better male protaganist than usual.
 
Jan 29, 2008 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 367
Liked the ep, took a while to get where I knew it was going. I just think that it was a great setup for next week, I def can't wait.

 
Jan 29, 2008 5:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2705
PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:
Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.


I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.


You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

The tears girl is Noe, not Hiromi.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.


I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
 
Jan 29, 2008 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 283
I absolutely despise the way Shin's mom is towards Hiromi, even though I don't like Hiromi much. And what kind of stupid rules is she giving Hiromi, gosh.

I also agree with those that think Jun likes Noe. The way he wanted to stroke her face pretty much told us. And by trying to get Shin to go out with her maybe he can get over her, or something :S

True Tears is so far the one of the best shows this season. Rosario + Vampire and H2O have been complete letdowns.
 
Jan 29, 2008 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1429
DeathfireD said:
PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:
Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.


I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.


You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

The tears girl is Noe, not Hiromi.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.


I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.


Multi Quotes FTW!!!

The problem with that scenario is the whole incest route, which rarely happens in all of anime. Besides didn't Shin's dad say that Hiromi will be living with them from now on? That can imply many things, but I have to go with her parents dying in some accident and Shin's father adopting her because of his relationship with Hiromi's parents or something. I can't confirm whether this was mentioned since I'm too lazy to check the previous episodes =P

I would figure getting out of that house will bring out the "true" Hiromi. We can't use Shin to judge Hiromi's character since they have been estranged ever since Hiromi moved in. They were close childhood friends, I doubt that is the case at the moment. Shin is only comparing Hiromi's current behaviour with the Hiromi he knew of the past, which is probably several years ago. A lot can happen in several years, especially to impressionable children.

The mom's vendetta against Hiromi hasn't been explained yet. Hell I'm wondering why Shin ignores his own mother like that, he doesn't even acknowledge her ffs!

My theory on it is that due to Shin's negligence of his mother, the mother vents her frustration on Hiromi or thinks this is her doing. This causes Hiromi to be the keeper of the status quo, while finding escape in school and basketball. Then we have Shin daydreaming as to why Hiromi acts this way. The cycle of cause and effect makes True Tears an interesting watch :-)

Only thing we can do is wait now...
 
Jan 30, 2008 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 222
cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?


I had that feeling about Noe's brother too, as well as Shin's mother. Craziness. :) We're on the same wave lengths.


 
Jan 31, 2008 12:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2705
damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.
 
Jan 31, 2008 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1796
DeathfireD said:
damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.

A.) There's already a thread for this, so future discussion should continue there http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12249
B.) I'm not certain they're planning on dropping it, the news post was worded oddly and implies that they may still be releasing episodes directly to places like tokyo toshokan. The direct quote is: "I will stop posting news updates regarding releases of True Tears and Shigofumi."
Can't say for sure, but this is my hope in any case.
Modified by Nataki, Jan 31, 2008 12:49 AM
 
Jan 31, 2008 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 277
Don't worry dude even if meew drops True tears theres still 3 other fan groups subbing that series but of course not as fast as meew -_-.(not sure if they will drop it either) go to baka-updates.com to check the releases and fansubs. That is where i get all my anime.
 
Feb 1, 2008 2:02 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 124
animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.
 
Feb 3, 2008 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 888
Heh,

The end made me laugh :-)

For some reason the OP reminds me of kashimashi's OP :S
 
Feb 3, 2008 3:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1796
sh4z said:
animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.


m.3.3.w has released episode 4 of Shigofumi (the other recently licensed anime) under the name w.0.0.f -- We should be able to expect the same for True Tears ^_^
 
Feb 3, 2008 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 440
Crenshinibon said:
I'm not sure if Hiromi just trapped herself in a lie or was telling the truth about liking Noe's brother anymore, at first I figured she just lied, but she came up with so much information suddenly that it's really hard to tell for sure now.


I also wonder about that. If she lied, I think she did it because her friend also likes Shin and she doesn't want her friend to hold back for her sake anymore. But the way she talked about Noes brother made me wonder again... We will see! :P

cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Disturbing thought but I fear it's true. o_O

cosmonaut said:
Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?


Either that or Shins mother liked Hiromis father back (before any of them were married) then but Hiromis mother got him and she just married Shins father for the sake of getting married or to be close to her "stolen love" since the two men were friends.

I liked this episode because it had more Hiromi in it then the past ones. ^^ Now I would just hope that Ai also gets abit more screentime since her story starts to interest me more and more.
I still cheer for Hiromi to get together with Shin, but I fear that Noe might win. =/
 
Feb 4, 2008 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3416
some funny parts, the goofy face after eating the chicken feed and the goofy face after brushing his teeth. I don't hate hiromi but I'd rather him not end up with her but it seems rather obvious it will be her. I prefer Ai Chan she's just so cute, and he's oblivious to her. Noe is funny though.
 
Feb 9, 2008 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2848
This is the best winter anime, with shigofumi then Spice and wolf close behind. This one really stands a chance of getting into my top 10 if it can keep it up.
Off to next episode!~
 
Mar 25, 2008 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 392
ahhhhhh! i cant stand this.....

>.<
 
Apr 27, 2008 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2186
Looks like this has become one of the discussed episode, eh?!

Well, the facial expression of Noe eating the sky food and Shin's last expression is the very priceless. LOL!
 
Aug 13, 2008 11:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1760

haha.. noe is so cute heRe! aha
dont expect that iLL love noe!..

but i did! i love her weirdness! aha go noe!
demo i love hiromi foR shin! :p

wait!.. hmn.. i wonder if jun (noe's brother) cares for noe as a brother or as a lover., i mean he wanted to touch her face.. waaaatttt!!!!!!!!???
aha! demo jun is a bishounen ne?.. kyaaaaa!!!!!!! aha



 
Nov 7, 2008 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1152
cyruz said:
Another awesome episode, all the girls were awesome. Ai-chan, Hiromi and of course Noe, too. :D

I burst out in laughter when she actually ate the chicken food and made this face. xD

Shin's HAI~?! at end was hilarious, too. The preivew left me waiting anxiously for the next episode.

Noe>Hiromi>Ai ...That's my impreswsion of them so far.
hehe she did made a really moe face when she ate those seeds ^^
Shin's stunned reaction was hilarious as well xD

 
Dec 17, 2008 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 125
Does Noe's Brother like her...leading to incest???
And the beat goes on!!!

Zangahato@gmail.com | My Music
_________________________________
Owner of Lolicon and Love
 
Feb 12, 2009 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 282
loliconlover said:
Does Noe's Brother like her...leading to incest???


Na I cant see this anime having an incest. Its just brotherly feelings. *Hopes that it is just brotherly feelings*

Ok Ai is offically gone with Shin's friend now. Its out of Hiromi and Noe. I really cant really put a finger on whats going to happen. I hope this tell us more about Hiromi's family and her connection with Shin's soon.
Modified by Manifest, Feb 12, 2009 1:09 AM
 
Apr 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 853
Well what the hell was with Noe's bro wanting to... touch her face? It seems a lil weird, and then, he just asked Shinishiro to ask her out? Wah? That was obviusly disgusting.

I hope Shinishiro doesn't end up with Hiromi, wich is obviusly predictable, i wouldn't like that ending. I dislike Hiromi for the fact that she is a lier bitch. Fuck her.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
 
Apr 18, 2009 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 160
Again an awesome ending lol...allways unpredictable.

Im just guessing this:
I am afraid this is going to end like "school Days", not "that" way tho. First shin'ichiro thinks that he likes hiromi, but later starts to like Noe, who tried to support shin'ichiro for better relationship between him and hiromi. But when he starts to like Noe, Hiromi finally shows her true feelings. Just everything happens in wrong time....
 
Jun 9, 2009 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3075
lols ... face wash as toothpaste ... haha~


date-o date-o =P hahas~


 
Jun 10, 2009 6:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 202
The grandma scene was quite well done. Now I know why Noe can't cry. I do hope they will build up more on this and this becomes one of the more important, defining scenes later on in the series.

I Loled at the toothpaste scene as well. Funny as hell
Fear the finger of death
 
Sep 23, 2009 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3095
Another extremely good episode ^^! So it seems her hesitance means that she actually still has feelings for him =O? And lmao at the last few minutes of episode xD
 
Jan 28, 2010 4:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 516
Yeah i get the feeling hes gonna end up with hiromi, and ai-chans gonna break up with her bf...But i really like noe T_T
 
Mar 9, 2010 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2206
Intriguing, to say the least.
Let me get this straight. Ai is going out with Nobuse but it appears she has feelings for Shin'ichiro as well. Troublesome, indeed.
I also noticed how Noe's brother hesitated putting on the helmet on Noe to then touch her face gently. Brotherly love or something else?

Questions aside, I lol'd majorly when Shin'ichiro screamed at the crows that were on the electric line.

Birds: BAWW.
Shin: BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRR.

Also, someone needs to smack Ichiro's mom. I hate her feelings towards Hiromi. Makes me want to......UGH.
 
May 22, 2010 3:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 426
I like all the girls in this anime, and believe me that's reaaaally rare for me XD Hhahah. Mostly I have some girl that I hate and just can't stand but I found all the girls in this anime really interesting.

I think Shinichiro is gonna be with Hiromi but that's totally fine with me. I wish this was a longer anime.
 
May 27, 2010 4:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2177
I don't mind which girl is chosen...but I hate seeing someone suffering in the distance.
 
Jul 22, 2010 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1226
what a great episode...i was a little sad before i watched it and now i feel good :D

5/5

PS:i really hope that all the characters will stay alive at the end of the series,and shinichiro has to pick Noe :D,or atleast the suppoting character,forgot her name(chances are close to 0 for her tho...)
Sayonara,papa!


"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
 
Nov 3, 2010 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1259
lilgumba said:
cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Both of these are just speculation, I'm probably wrong. But that's what my mind was thinking while watching this episode.


I saw the face touch as well. My theory is that he's been looking out for her for so long after grandma died that he developed a bit of a complex.

As far as Ai goes, she still might be crushing on Shin but she is warming up to Miyo. She blushed way too much for her not to like Miyo at all. I think she will learn not to like Shin and get blindsided by her growing affections.

I loved how Hiromi actually had a nice moment with Shin laughing. That was so unexpected. She might be caught up in a lie but I think she can get to know Shin better and relax more this way. Perhaps through those means they can bond.

Speaking of Hiromi, I suspected that some kind of affair might have happened as well or that one of her parents was really close to Shin's dad. I think the mom is either jealous or is over protective of her son.

Noe had some good character development. She wasn't annoying in today's episode. She's a good girl, albeit cooky.


i think the brother may have been reminded of their mother when he touched Noe's face.

i dont think Ai is really warming up to the guy friend. more like pity or just plain sadness because she saw shin (who she actually likes) hanging out with noe

im not sure why the mother does not like hiromi, but it could be because she reminds her of hiromi's mother (who she may be missing alot due to the death).

idk, but DAM this is a good series!!
 
Nov 3, 2010 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1259
ooh in addtion, i think Ai is the best fit for shin. but maybe thats my own personal preference.. lol

noe is not as mature
hiromi is just too much in denial, irratic, and has some baggage issues with the family


ai is the most level headed IMO
 
Nov 6, 2010 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2881
Ugh, I hate the way Shinishiro's mom treats Hiromi. Jun's totally a sis-con. And yes, I still think Ai is the best for for him. Noe's face while eating the chicken food was also great. =3
Modified by Onyxthegreat, Nov 6, 2010 12:40 PM
 
May 1, 2011 12:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 229
Loving this anime. At the beginning of this episode, I thought Shin was going to be with Noe. By the end, I had changed it to Hiromi.
 
May 25, 2011 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 176
rooting for Noe still! so much moe through this series. She may displace one of my top 8 favorites.
 
Jul 27, 2011 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5127
I actually find Noe quite annoying. She's very childish, and I don't think her brother helps things
“If it were a third-rate TV anime, a dead protagonist can come back to life at the producers’ convenience. But the world we live in is not such a convenient place. Lost lives will never return. Because of it, we live in a world where a life is an irreplaceable existence.”
 
Dec 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12694
Hiromi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

hi
 
Dec 4, 2011 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2113
I can't wait for the next episode! It seems to keep getting better and better! It's been a while since I have been so motivated to watch anime!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
 
Jan 2, 2012 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
Great episode.
Because of the preview of the next episode, I'm now waiting it anxiously, because when she said busybody guy is like a fool.
 
Feb 13, 2013 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1477
Great...Noe's brother has a thing for her... More and more competition and love-triangles are showing up each episode >_>

Noe is as cute as ever. Her face when she ate the berries was priceless :D The eye-cleansing thing was funny as well :)
Shin yelling at the crows was also priceless :D

So we finally got to know how Noe lost her tears :/

I'm starting to get really annoyed by Shin's mother. I mean even if we don't know the real reason yet, I can see why she would hate Hiromi, but it's still pretty annoying.
 
Apr 1, 2013 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 18748
I am loving this show!

These characters feel so natural! I laugh when they laugh, and I can really empathize with Shin. I loved the crow scene.

I can't figure Ai out though... Does she like Shin and is leading his friend on? Like, aren't they going out? I smell drama~

I hope it doesn't go into incest though :/
 
Apr 3, 2013 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
Really interesting show with some really beautiful imagery. I highly dislike the mother.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
 
Apr 10, 2013 2:22 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 15858
Noe's brother got a sister complex? Or what was that gesture with the helmet? Also I'm pretty sure Hiromi actually lied about loving Noe's brother... either way nice development really love it so far!
 
Apr 20, 2014 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9862
I swear to god if the MC picks Noe or Ai, I'm going to kill a bitch.
"I was locked up inside
the basement's basement.
It was so small and dark,
and I was so afraid.
I dropped my precious ring.
But I'll never,
Ever go back there."
- Silent Hill 2
 
Jun 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 740
If Ai gets thrown into the MC bowl, this is gonna get crazy. There's already tension building up between her and Nobuse.

Also, I hope we don't get wincest again. It doesn't feel right this time.
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?
 
Top
Pages (2) 0.8 [1.8] »