MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

True Tears Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» True Tears »» True Tears Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: True Tears Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

107 73.29%
4 out of 5: Liked it

35 23.97%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 1.37%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.37%
Voters: 146

01-28-08, 9:47 PM

Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)

01-28-08, 10:36 PM

lilgumba said:
Noe sees Shin as a rooster. Can she really get lovey dovey in this current state of mind with him? I don't think so.

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.

01-28-08, 10:37 PM

OmegaSpartan said:
lilgumba said:

I think she'll stop thinking of him as a rooster after tasting the "food" herself, haha. That was such a hilarious moment.

Wasn't it though? Bah, this episode was made of so much win!

01-28-08, 11:20 PM

This episoded really made me love the serie even more! I already thought Noe and Ai were interesting. but now the whole serie is on the same level of Kimikiss pure rouge for me. And that really says alot! Can wait for the next episode. The things that really interest me atm is Ai feelings for shin and ofcourse noe in general. Hiromi is on a side track for me tbh.

01-29-08, 12:47 PM

Awesome, I'm glad this show is getting better since H2O, Rosario, and maybe a few others weren't as good as I'd hoped.

I pick Noe ^_^ And then maybe Ai. Hiromi's a meh character for me at this point and I do like Shin's personality. Seems like a better male protaganist than usual.

01-29-08, 3:05 PM

Liked the ep, took a while to get where I knew it was going. I just think that it was a great setup for next week, I def can't wait.

01-29-08, 5:17 PM

PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:
Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.

I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.

You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

The tears girl is Noe, not Hiromi.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.

I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

01-29-08, 6:37 PM

I absolutely despise the way Shin's mom is towards Hiromi, even though I don't like Hiromi much. And what kind of stupid rules is she giving Hiromi, gosh.

I also agree with those that think Jun likes Noe. The way he wanted to stroke her face pretty much told us. And by trying to get Shin to go out with her maybe he can get over her, or something :S

True Tears is so far the one of the best shows this season. Rosario + Vampire and H2O have been complete letdowns.

01-29-08, 7:12 PM

DeathfireD said:
PimpToad said:
Chamcham said:
PimpToad said:
Hiromi is not a pathological liar. Her words are fueled by her emotions and some problems that she have that we don't know about yet. Lying isn't who she is, but something that she does in order to protect herself from something. What that something is, well we'll probably find that out in the future episodes.

I can't agree with you there after the first episode. Shin gave a detailed plot back drop for the entire series by mentioning her tears and how she acts at school versus home. Honomi from that point onward could have just been emotionally inclined to feel one way based off a situation, however this isn't the case considering how many lies we are up to from the initial allusion to lying.

You do know that the house in which Hiromi lives in isn't exactly a very friendly environment with Shin's mom not accepting her at all. Being in school lets her escape that dreary place and be more herself with her friends and whatnot.

I have to say that Shin knows nothing about the girl at all now. Sure they look pretty close knit back when they were kids, but they feel and act distant to each other now. This is probably due to Hiromi being adopted/living together with him, but being unable to hold a decent conversation with her doesn't give me the feeling of closeness that they should have.

The tears girl is Noe, not Hiromi.

Sometimes you lie and act submissive to keep and maintain the peace (status quo), I believe that is what Hiromi is doing.

I think it's the other way around. She's her self at home and fooling everyone in school with lies. As Shin has pointed out several times in the show, the smile she shows everyone in school is fake. He also suggests a few times that she is holding her tears back. This could be just his imagination but I feel it's true considering how she almost completely broke down when he was mentioning how he felt about finding out she liked #4.

PS. I was thinking about it long and hard these past few days. As we've already discussed, Hiromi might be related to Shin due to his dad either being past married to her mom or maybe cheating on his current wife. In either case, I've been thinking, what if Hiromi already knows shes related to Shin and has feelings for him but has been avoiding showing them towards him because she was warned by his mom and because she knows it's not right. That might explain why shes lying about liking #4 and almost crying when Shin basically says hes jealous of her liking #4.

I don't have the ep anymore but at the preview for the next ep did Shins mom say something like "I know I've told you already but I want to make it clear. I don't want you walking with Shin anymore". If she did say something like that then it would help prove the theory. Although it could also disprove it by us finding out that the mom just has a grunge on Hiromi.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Multi Quotes FTW!!!

The problem with that scenario is the whole incest route, which rarely happens in all of anime. Besides didn't Shin's dad say that Hiromi will be living with them from now on? That can imply many things, but I have to go with her parents dying in some accident and Shin's father adopting her because of his relationship with Hiromi's parents or something. I can't confirm whether this was mentioned since I'm too lazy to check the previous episodes =P

I would figure getting out of that house will bring out the "true" Hiromi. We can't use Shin to judge Hiromi's character since they have been estranged ever since Hiromi moved in. They were close childhood friends, I doubt that is the case at the moment. Shin is only comparing Hiromi's current behaviour with the Hiromi he knew of the past, which is probably several years ago. A lot can happen in several years, especially to impressionable children.

The mom's vendetta against Hiromi hasn't been explained yet. Hell I'm wondering why Shin ignores his own mother like that, he doesn't even acknowledge her ffs!

My theory on it is that due to Shin's negligence of his mother, the mother vents her frustration on Hiromi or thinks this is her doing. This causes Hiromi to be the keeper of the status quo, while finding escape in school and basketball. Then we have Shin daydreaming as to why Hiromi acts this way. The cycle of cause and effect makes True Tears an interesting watch :-)

Only thing we can do is wait now...

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

01-30-08, 6:50 PM

cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

I had that feeling about Noe's brother too, as well as Shin's mother. Craziness. :) We're on the same wave lengths.

01-31-08, 12:30 AM

damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.

01-31-08, 12:42 AM

DeathfireD said:
damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.

A.) There's already a thread for this, so future discussion should continue there http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12249
B.) I'm not certain they're planning on dropping it, the news post was worded oddly and implies that they may still be releasing episodes directly to places like tokyo toshokan. The direct quote is: "I will stop posting news updates regarding releases of True Tears and Shigofumi."
Can't say for sure, but this is my hope in any case.
Modified by Nataki, 01-31-08, 12:49 AM

01-31-08, 9:51 AM

Don't worry dude even if meew drops True tears theres still 3 other fan groups subbing that series but of course not as fast as meew -_-.(not sure if they will drop it either) go to baka-updates.com to check the releases and fansubs. That is where i get all my anime.

02-01-08, 2:02 AM

animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.

02-03-08, 1:34 AM

Heh,

The end made me laugh :-)

For some reason the OP reminds me of kashimashi's OP :S

02-03-08, 3:04 AM

sh4z said:
animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.

m.3.3.w has released episode 4 of Shigofumi (the other recently licensed anime) under the name w.0.0.f -- We should be able to expect the same for True Tears ^_^

02-03-08, 8:16 AM

Crenshinibon said:
I'm not sure if Hiromi just trapped herself in a lie or was telling the truth about liking Noe's brother anymore, at first I figured she just lied, but she came up with so much information suddenly that it's really hard to tell for sure now.

I also wonder about that. If she lied, I think she did it because her friend also likes Shin and she doesn't want her friend to hold back for her sake anymore. But the way she talked about Noes brother made me wonder again... We will see! :P

cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Disturbing thought but I fear it's true. o_O

cosmonaut said:
Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Either that or Shins mother liked Hiromis father back (before any of them were married) then but Hiromis mother got him and she just married Shins father for the sake of getting married or to be close to her "stolen love" since the two men were friends.

I liked this episode because it had more Hiromi in it then the past ones. ^^ Now I would just hope that Ai also gets abit more screentime since her story starts to interest me more and more.
I still cheer for Hiromi to get together with Shin, but I fear that Noe might win. =/

02-04-08, 6:24 AM

some funny parts, the goofy face after eating the chicken feed and the goofy face after brushing his teeth. I don't hate hiromi but I'd rather him not end up with her but it seems rather obvious it will be her. I prefer Ai Chan she's just so cute, and he's oblivious to her. Noe is funny though.

02-09-08, 2:07 AM

This is the best winter anime, with shigofumi then Spice and wolf close behind. This one really stands a chance of getting into my top 10 if it can keep it up.
Off to next episode!~

03-25-08, 10:51 PM

ahhhhhh! i cant stand this.....

>.<

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices