Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2014 3:56 PM
Jan 2013
Who you think will die at some point of HxH? I don't really know myself.
Viltsu300Jun 11, 2014 4:00 PM
Jun 11, 2014 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe, my source for this is an interview of Togashi that i read somewhere
Jun 11, 2014 7:14 PM
Jun 2014
I think Kurapika is going to kill all the spiders (probably with help from gon etc.) and then Chrollo will kill him. The last arc is going to be Gon hunting Chrollo down, with Hisoka mixed up. Possibly Killua vs. Illumi.

And, of course, Leorios very-important-final-doctors-exam ^^
Jun 12, 2014 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
Leorio.
Jun 12, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2013
HxH is unpredictaple,so I can't be sure or make any extreme theory.I'm going to exclude the 4 main,Hisoka and Illumi.

Ging,Pariston or Alluka..hmm I can't pick one,every one of them has a slight possibility to die and survive,we are at the beginning of DC,Alluka is nowhere to be found so I will remove him.

Ging or Pariston..we'll see,maybe none of them will die,let's be patient.
Jun 12, 2014 8:05 AM

Jun 2009
I'll just wait and see. It better not be Kurapika anytime soon, I'll cut a motherfucker.....but seriously that would be lame.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 12, 2014 8:10 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 12, 2014 8:38 AM
Jan 2014
It's already been confirmed that Kurapika will die together with the Spiders so I vote for him.

It's tough to vote on the others because it could go anywhere. The only person who's off-limits to being killed is Gon, because that's how shonen works.
Jun 12, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
lebron181 said:
It's already been confirmed that Kurapika will die together with the Spiders so I vote for him.

It's tough to vote on the others because it could go anywhere. The only person who's off-limits to being killed is Gon, because that's how shonen works.

Yeah, I know that and I'm honestly kind of fine with that. I just don't want it to be so soon after he came back into the fold. Ideally he would die after taking out a lot or maybe even all of the Spiders with him.

As far as Gon, who knows? I think if Togashi would have ever killed him it would have been in the Election arc.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 12, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2014
insan3Spectre said:
lebron181 said:

Yeah, I know that and I'm honestly kind of fine with that. I just don't want it to be so soon after he came back into the fold. Ideally he would die after taking out a lot or maybe even all of the Spiders with him.

As far as Gon, who knows? I think if Togashi would have ever killed him it would have been in the Election arc.

Doubt it, Gon and Killua's separation had been decided since whale island, so if he really wanted to kill either, it would be in the future, Alluka's power was hinted to have a repercussion for the wish-commander, killua, so who knows.
Jun 12, 2014 9:14 AM
Jan 2013
lebron181 said:

Are you sure that Togashi was serious when he said that? And HxH is not normal shonen so killing Gon is not impossible. I could see final battle with him and Hisoka killing Gon.
Jun 12, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2012
Leorio is the kuwabara of the series.... He can't possibly die.
Jun 12, 2014 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
Where's the "all of them" option?
Jun 12, 2014 10:54 PM
Jun 2010
lebron181 said:

Woah. Would you happen to have a link?

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jun 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2007
Viltsu300 said:
lebron181 said:

Are you sure that Togashi was serious when he said that? And HxH is not normal shonen so killing Gon is not impossible. I could see final battle with him and Hisoka killing Gon.

LOL. That'd be such a lame ending. Plus I can't imagine that being possible if Gon gets much stronger than he already is.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jun 14, 2014 1:20 PM
Jun 2010
SageShinigami said:
Viltsu300 said:

LOL. That'd be such a lame ending. Plus I can't imagine that being possible if Gon gets much stronger than he already is.

It really would be. I highly doubt Hisoka will be able to kill Gon once he gets stronger. I've also learned that whatever we think will likely happen most likely doesn't with Togashi. Like how everyone thought the main characters wouldn't be involved in this arc (although I wasn't too sure why everyone figured that).

"Gon won't die."
- Ging

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jun 27, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2014
Ging, just a hunch.
The world is not what it seems.
Jun 27, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2008
Ging?

Something to do with Pariston....perhaps.
Jun 29, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2008
Probably Kurapika, as the most likely candidate. It'll be less likely if he decides to, at one point, get past his vengeance, but if he goes at it full-bore, he's going to end up getting killed, fitting the theme of vengeance never pays, and etc.

I actually also find Killua to be a death-contender before series' end, for various reasons.

Ging is also very likely, as he's done the seemingly-legendary task of making Pariston's shit-list. Even if Pariston isn't as strong as Ging, he's obviously shown time and again that he's the one that stabs in the back at the most vulnerable point. He wants to hurt Ging, so he'll likely put Ging's comrades into a situation where Ging will have to sacrifice himself to save them. Ging hasn't overtly shown it, but I think he loves Gon in a capacity that he can't for anyone else, given his personality. I feel it's been telegraphed pretty clearly, but I think Gon will end up being Ging's point of weakness.
DangerrJun 29, 2014 3:27 PM
Jun 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
I'd like to see Kilua die just to see his massive fan base cry. At this point the most likely candidate is probably Kurapika or Ging. Though a surprise death of Kilua or Leorio would definitely have an impact. All that said I don't think Togashi will kill anyone off for a while. He already used revenge as fuel for a plot device with Chimera Ant, and arguably the whole of YorkNew. It be pretty lame if he reused the same plot device again, unless this happens at the very end of an arc.
Jun 30, 2014 6:23 AM

Mar 2014
I think Kurapika's Nen vow & restriction can be easily exploited to kill him. Imagine if any of the troupe member deliberately leave the group only for Kurapika to attack him/her using his Chain Jail without knowing that his target is no longer a 'Spider'.

So yeah, I think there's high chance that Kurapika will die.
Jun 30, 2014 6:49 AM
Oct 2011
Hisoka
Aug 8, 2014 12:36 AM

May 2014
I have a feeling that ging is going to die in the Dark continent and by none but pariston, I keep imagining a dead ging with an evil Pariston smirking at him , or maybe I am too influenced by you-know-what anime
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Aug 8, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2014
MilieFiore said:
Togashi would be the bravest mangaka ever if he kills Kurapika, the 2nd most popular character in the fandom. But I always imagine the main 4 fighting together again in the last arc so well... no.... It would suck too because Kurapika is the last Kurata.

I don't think Ging will die because Gon already had a revenge story (Kite) and Ging still needs to find that guy in the DC. Ging vs Brion is very likely to happen though...

I REALLY don't want Pariston to die. He is crazy but fun (and cute*:・゚✧!) and doesn't seem to be a 'combat' type, his death would be painful to watch. ;v; But unless he becomes Ging's friend, it's very likely that he will die. Well if he becomes Ging's friend there's still chance that he will die.

Well to be honest I think Kurapika will die , and will serve as a warning to Gon's stupid actions , as for Ging I have this hunch , It won't serve as a revenge drive , just that it will put Ging out of the picture so that the story will have less main characters to deal with .
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Nov 22, 2014 4:02 PM
Aug 2014
I think Kurapika is the character with more chance of die.
Not because Togashi said it.
About the Q4 (What will end up happening to Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe? Togashi: "They will all die." ) well, if I were a mangaka I would never reveal the plot of my manga.

I don't know how to say this... Kurapika isn't the type of the character that survives in the stories. Kurapika is like an-anti hero, and he don't care what's right and wrong when he has an objective, he is faithful to himself and to all he believes. Such like a kid he is impulsive and immature –when he isn't with his friends–. Is an idiot, and he will pay for be a idiot.

But I'm completely sure about this: If he dies, he won't die before kill all the spiders. He must reach this goal, Togashi gave Kurapika that purpose, so he can't just kill him like some of the guys in the Hunter Exam arc.
No one can complete his revenge in his place –if this happen, I'll feel a little disappointed–, not even Gon, Kurapika most kill the Phantom Troupe by his own hand–at least the original members, he wouldn't kill Kalluto! I love Kalluto–.

If Kurapika survives I think he will resign to battles and the life as a hunter. But there aren't many chances to make this happen :(
Also he can kill himself with the seppuku-chain XD

I don't want Kurapika to die!!!!
(My only hope is in Yu Yu Hakusho, at the end the main characters survive and stay –almost–together).
Nov 22, 2014 4:03 PM
Aug 2014
I think Kurapika is the character with more chance of die.
Not because Togashi said it.
About the Q4 (What will end up happening to Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe? Togashi: "They will all die." ) well, if I were a mangaka I would never reveal the plot of my manga.

I don't know how to say this... Kurapika isn't the type of the character that survives in the stories. Kurapika is like an-anti hero, and he don't care what's right and wrong when he has an objective, he is faithful to himself and to all he believes. Such like a kid he is impulsive and immature –when he isn't with his friends–. Is an idiot, and he will pay for be a idiot.

But I'm completely sure about this: If he dies, he won't die before kill all the spiders. He must reach this goal, Togashi gave Kurapika that purpose, so he can't just kill him like some of the guys in the Hunter Exam arc.
No one can complete his revenge in his place –if this happen, I'll feel a little disappointed–, not even Gon, Kurapika most kill the Phantom Troupe by his own hand–at least the original members, he wouldn't kill Kalluto! I love Kalluto–.

If Kurapika survives I think he will resign to battles and the life as a hunter. But there aren't many chances to make this happen :(
Also he can kill himself with the seppuku-chain XD

I don't want Kurapika to die!!!!
(My only hope is in Yu Yu Hakusho, at the end the main characters survive and stay –almost–together).
Nov 23, 2014 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
Togashi sad news we will never see ending
Nov 24, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Alluka maybe in the new world

Jul 5, 2015 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
Kurapika. Mainly b/c the mangaka has confirmed it- oh, Togashi, you know how depressed I was after reading that interview of yours?!
Not that I suspected from the beginning that he would die, but to actually have your fears being confirmed -.- (and then those constant hiatuses). The chain jail will be his death. I knew that from the start. Maybe he will exert it on a member that is not a spider anymore w/out his knowledge, or he will use it to save someone who's not a spider.

The interesting thing for me is if Kurapika will kill Kalluto, who's also a member of the spiders now. Sure, Kalluto never took part in the Kurta massacre, but that doesn't mean that Kurapika will necessarily have mercy on him, especially now after the Chimera Ant Arc. If Kalluto does die, it will surely complicate things b/w Kurapika and Killua.
Calista777Jul 5, 2015 3:02 PM
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jul 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
Kurapika
Jul 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
WK-Heisenberg said:
Calista777 said:
Kurapika. Mainly b/c the mangaka has confirmed it- oh, Togashi, you know how depressed I was after reading that interview of yours?!

You really think he was serious, don't you? I think is quite obvious he was just kidding. That doesn't mean Kurapika and all the spiders will not die, but Togashi's words aren't meant to be taken seriously, he would never do such a thing.

Ging killed by Pariston I say.
Well, I hope he was lying. It's not b/c I'm not aware of the fact that mangakas never reveal any of main plot twists; it's just that it Kurapika dying wouldn't be a major surprise in my eyes.
Although I'll admit if he had hinted Kurapika's death alongside the spiders, he'd prob have given a more vague answer. Something along the lines of "his thirst for revenge will be his downfall blablabla."
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jul 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
95% of the cast :)
The dark continent ain't no b!tch :(
Jul 6, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2015
ichii_1 said:
95% of the cast :)
The dark continent ain't no b!tch :(
I love your optimism, lol.
Jul 18, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
Kurapika is going to kill Kalluto then the Zoldycks (killua included) will fight Gon and Co.

So Kurapika I would guess
Yeet
Jan 5, 2016 1:39 AM
Apr 2012
togashi

before he comes back from hiatus in 2058
Jan 5, 2016 1:43 AM

Mar 2014
Fumito said:
togashi

Realest answer in the thread.
Jan 5, 2016 1:51 AM

Mar 2014
WK-Heisenberg said:
I have to say I loved the way Togashi killed Ponzu and Pokkle in the chimera arc, I can see something like that happening in the dark continent.

I also liked how Togashi wrote these deaths. I don't think DC will ever be that long that we can actually see something of the sort though.
Jan 12, 2016 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
ziggy_Z said:
Fumito said:
togashi

Realest answer in the thread.

I'll vote for Togashi too..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Mar 2, 2016 9:48 PM
Mar 2016
Pariston hil will die. Kurapika will be an Zodiac Rat and Light Nostrade Bodyguard. Kurapika will never die because he's have Powerful chains he can use his Bokken Sword to anyone who attacks him if they not member of Phantom Troupe he can kill them just like Pairo did in Hunter x Hunter Phantom Rouge Movie. They vote Kurapika because they dont kurapika abilities yet and weapons to kill phantom troupe and anyone. I vote to Pariston Hill Kurapika strong .
Pariston hill adore Kurapika.. They're opinions hmm
Mar 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Feb 2011
My thoughts:

None of the main four will die.

Hisoka and Illumi will die by the hands of endgame Gon and Killua respectively (same for Chrollo who is Kurapika's endgame)

Pariston will die on the Dark Continent by some threat on the continent or one of the main protagonists.

Theres a couple others who will die by the end but these are the important ones.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.