Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 23 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2009 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Rosenritter are so awesome.

That incredibly boring drug arc got a tiny bit of justification.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 6, 2010 3:28 PM

Dec 2008
Rosenritter FTW!
Aug 21, 2010 10:19 PM

May 2010
Beatnik said:
The Rosenritter are so awesome.

That incredibly boring drug arc got a tiny bit of justification.

Agree, I mean it was only mentioned again for three seconds...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 6, 2010 5:35 PM

Feb 2010
The Rosenritter are really awesome :)
In the end Luneberg was quite the tragic personality as it seems.
Also Reinhard and Keslers last meeting (for a while(?)) was great.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 24, 2010 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
The scene between Kesler and Reinhard was awesome. And, the end of the Luneberg story was..unexpected.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 24, 2010 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
The scene between Kesler and Reinhard was awesome. And, the end of the Luneberg story was..unexpected.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 8, 2011 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
Okay I take it back. Luneberg isn't that much asshole in the end after all but that was still one tragic ending for him and Elizabeth.

Old Grimm's entrusting Reinhard all that secret files was unexpected as well. Kessler is such a good guy it hurts. :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 21, 2011 10:36 PM
Aug 2010
Reinhard was awesome

Dat Scene!!
Feb 11, 2012 4:34 AM

May 2009
Knowing that bit of history between Reinhard and Kesler makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (>//<)
Jun 8, 2013 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
Agree with all of you about the Reinhard and Kesler scene. Powerful is how I would describe it.
Jul 25, 2013 8:06 PM

Sep 2009
I like how Reinhard basically told Kessler his plans.
Oct 10, 2013 5:08 PM

Nov 2009
Now interested to see the meeting with Bittenfeld . . . Also wondering (kind of) how Mecklinger came to be in Reinhard's camp, since too be honest, while he does sound like someone who holds the same core values as Reinhard as opposed to the nobility, he also seemed very conservative, it never made sense why he would agree to sort of "oppose" the Goldenbaum Dynasty (And guessing every one of Reinhard's trusted admirals before the civil war knew exactly what his ambition was, as well as that there may be a possibility that they would have to rebel against the nobility)
Dec 23, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2012
Another quite interesting episode, quite liked that zero gravity fighting! Let's see what the last episode has to offer us!
Feb 16, 2015 2:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Luneburg's wife killed her brother. I had forgotten about that little bit of trivia. Poor Elizabeth, hers is one immensely tragic story.

The meeting between Kesler and Reinhardt is a an amazing scene. When he tells him that he should put the book away until the time "..that history no longer is monopolized by the aristocracy" is powerful stuff. Wow. He basically goes and tells him his plan outright.

The Rosenritter are the most GAR bunch to be found anywhere. Singing over an open line, inviting an opponent to come and fight them mano a mano in the midst of 50, 000 ship battle is not a task that anyone can do.
FarabeufFeb 16, 2015 2:57 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 23, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
"Yeah, take a back seat, little chicky with pieces of eggshell still hanging on your butt!" - Luneberg. Eheh, famous last words. I love the cheeky dialogue in LoGH.

Kesler x Reinhard spaceship taking off was wonderful. Almost made me tear up. He'll be back for you in three years, so wait. :')
Dec 3, 2016 4:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The simple truth!!!

Love or Honor? Always win the love!!!!
Dec 3, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2016
So I guess that black book will be used as an important document to be read by historians to come. Reinhard still could have used it though; there should be plenty of details on the inner workings of the aristocrats that might be important to know, even without blackmail in mind.

I really liked that last scene with Kesler. especially with memories in mind of him eventually saving Annerose and Hildegard in the far future. His constant switching of posts reminds me of how the higher ups in the Alliance kept keeping the promising and talented leaders at the bottom.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 22, 2017 4:11 AM

Apr 2016
What's so great about this series is that the climatic moment are done naturally, not forced. The conversation between Reinhard, Kircheis and Kesler is a great example. Reinhard and Kesler really took this episode away, the 2 men didn't even need to exchange any needless word to show what's on the other mind. Kesler will uphold the law to the very end, and Reinhard will fight against injustice whenever he sees fit, the feel is very strong when Reinhard stood up and made a vow with Kesler, it all came so swift and natural, i didn't even see that coming. This supplement edition really succeeded in maintaining the quaility of the previous one while reinforce the main theme of the franchise.
Jul 24, 2019 11:35 PM

Feb 2017
Iserlohn Fortress is as prevalent as some secondary characters through the main series, so it's nice for it to get a cameo in this series too.
Sep 4, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2016
Kesler is the second one to join Reinhard's side, and their relationship is one of the best.
Rip Luneberg.
Feb 2, 2020 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Interaction between Reinhard and Kessler was brilliant. A lot was revealed and my initial impression of Luneburg has definitely changed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2021 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
A Hundred Billion Stars, a Hundred Billion Lights chapter 11 (episode 19 in some orders).

Oof the dead angle, the rest of the Empire didn't see that coming, Reinhard saved their asses.

What a bunch the Rosenritter are, they really dgaf, board an enemy ship and call out this one dude in the entire Empire, even their superiors gave into their antics that they were singing on a bridge lmao

Lüneburg's superiors forsake him as well; "deal with this on your own".

Hand-to-hand action between Schönkopf and Lüneburg. After Schönkopf's victory he shows respect for the former commander.

There's now closure on the Lüneburg-drug-Grimmelshausen subplot full of thriller and espionage and foreshadowing Kesler's future role.
Fortress_MaximusFeb 14, 2021 3:43 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 24, 2023 11:56 AM

Aug 2018
Great display of different things troughout the episode, 

Reinahrd meeting Kesler was really memorable , but so was Luneberg meeting his fate was quite dark knowing that his superiors just sent him to death , atleast he got to expierence it by Schekompf with all the respect in the end,

Now its becoming really imteresting to see how Reinhard met the remaining people of his most loyal subordinates
Apr 2, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2017
beautiful scene between reinhard and kessler. very powerful.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 1, 2023 10:37 AM

May 2015
I like how Reinhard's character gets more shown and developed in this series. He's such a good person with his own high morals and standards, he deserves all the respect.
Dec 13, 2023 8:47 PM

Aug 2019
Not surprised by Reinhard turning down the old man's notebook, but the thought of him accepting it and going on a blackmailing spree is so funny to me. A couple of episodes ago, Reinhard said that if he'd been five years older when his sister got sold, he would've taken her and escaped to Free Planets Alliance and it really intrigued me. A blackmailing spinoff would be fun, but that'd be even more so.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 17 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

16 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 8, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 21 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

18 by Ten »»
Oct 1, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 20 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 29, 2009

22 by Ten »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 12 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 28, 2009

35 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 30, 2023 2:10 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars; A Hundred Billion Lights Episode 11 Discussion

Beatnik - Sep 28, 2009

15 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 30, 2023 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.