Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 10, 2014 4:37 PM

May 2011
i really wonder what exactly Uppi was asked, maybe about his past and he couldn't answer.

Albi-kun said:
It's getting weird. Why is the king dying?

maybe Ikalgo is gonna kill him :/
Jun 10, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2011
j0x said:
yey the rose bomb radiation work, remember the rose bomb is a nuclear bomb so it can cause poison later on even if you survive

R.I.P. Youpi, Pouf and soon the Mereum

ohh, now i get it ... that's why they were that weak, they were poisoned
Jun 10, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
Guilek said:
Welfin/Zaikahal was in human form in the beginning of episode 80. Someone maybe Ikalbro said his name:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130512041850/hunterxhunter/images/b/b6/Zaikahal_anime.png
Good catch!
Jun 10, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2010
Albi-kun said:
It's getting weird. Why is the king dying?

Its not weird and it should be obvious that they would die of radiation poisoning. The instant they went to ground zero they were already treading to the point of no return. You can just imagine the radiation level in that area... thousands upon thousands of rads. All organics are doomed against any forms of radiation.

Its really a bummer that the strongest person to ever exist on this series would die this way. I was expecting a great battle involving the strongest hunters/nen users in the world to go against the king. Quite unexpected. I was hoping that the ants were immune to radiation, but too bad they aren't.
Jun 10, 2014 4:45 PM
Aug 2012
Satan-sama said:
j0x said:
yey the rose bomb radiation work, remember the rose bomb is a nuclear bomb so it can cause poison later on even if you survive

R.I.P. Youpi, Pouf and soon the Mereum

ohh, now i get it ... that's why they were that weak, they were poisoned

Also like Pouf said, the gave the king 6/7 of their body. I'm pretty sure anybody at this point could easily beat Pouf. Even Knuckle might have been able to beat Youpi if he'd been able to fight him. 6/7 of your body is a lot.
Jun 10, 2014 5:04 PM
May 2014
Bummer of an episode. Rated 2 out of 5. Why?

The arc had so many amazing things going for it. Gon vs. Pitou build up was maybe the best thing I've witnessed in an anime. The battle, or rather, the destruction was also entertaining.

Killua during the entire arc was amazing.

Netero vs. Meruem was phenomenal.

Youpi's battles were great, Pouf was an awesome villian.

But... now... this.... Sure, I enjoy the connection process going on between Komugi and Meruem, I really enjoy this. But for everyone to die just because of some sort of poison/radiation/whatever is happening is lame. This is anime! Sure, It appeals to my logical sense, I can grant that, of course. But why be so anticlimatic here? Maybe I will eat my words in 2 weeks as previous posters have mentioned, and yeah, there isn't much anyone can do against the royal guards, let alone the king, but to die this way just seems " :| " after all the great things that happened in the arc.

Ah well.
Great arc/series.
Jun 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
iWin4Prep said:

But... now... this.... Sure, I enjoy the connection process going on between Komugi and Meruem, I really enjoy this. But for everyone to die just because of some sort of poison/radiation/whatever is happening is lame. This is anime! Sure, It appeals to my logical sense, I can grant that, of course. But why be so anticlimatic here?

but that is whats great about this arc because it maybe shounen but its not following the generic shounen power up for heroes to beat the villains
Jun 10, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
Pitou was the only royal guard that I actually really cared for, but what happened to Youpi was still pretty messed up. You could tell he was getting weaker and weaker this episode, and at the end Pouf looks like his symptoms started too.

Next episode looks like shit's about to go down. I don't know if that was Welfin's face smeared against something or what!
Jun 10, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Obligatory :P

I'm surprised we got a Zaikahal name drop already for crying out loud
- HybridMBL 5/12/13

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=599081&show=20#msg22004021

Make way for Welfin next week
Jun 10, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2009
For those who didnt understand next episode's spoiler:

Jun 10, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2009
bloody nose from nuclear radiation

Jun 10, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
that scene with palm and ikalgo was beautiful

im so glad that Netero vs Meruem didnt end up a mere stepping stone like in every single other shonen
Jun 10, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2014
j0x said:
bloody nose from nuclear radiation

Hooray foreshadowing.
Jun 10, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
well shit man it makes sense if it is Radiation they all were pretty much in the heart of it, at first i thought their powers were simply weakening because of all of it they had to given the king.

on the other hand the Radiation could of caused mutation fallout style :P
Jun 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
Well if Youpi really died, that was one hell of a anticlimatic death. I understand he's super weak because of sacrificing his body to heal the king but you'd think they show the fight, unless they plan to next episode as a flash back.

Well, just waiting to see Pouf and the kings reaction when they find Pitou dead, assuming she is.

So they're gonna die from radiation or something? Well that's one hell of a spoiler I guess.
Jun 10, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2014
Paul said:
Well that's one hell of a spoiler I guess.

This. I think a mod should come in and just edit these comments. Part of the suspense was wondering how in the hell Youpi died.
Jun 10, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
^ That's not a spoiler, it's a logical conclusion they came up with :O a prediction if you will.

Palms voice is sounds so smug this ep. arggghhhhh :( I'd rather tear my eardrums off instead of listening to her all day.
Jun 10, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
^ That's not a spoiler, it's a logical conclusion they came up with :O a prediction if you will.

Palms voice is sounds so smug this ep. arggghhhhh :( I'd rather tear my eardrums off instead of listening to her all day.

Yeah okay, but some of these are just posts from manga readers explaining things to us so people won't go "hurr durr asspull", which in turn kind of turns into a spoiler. Haha
Jun 10, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2010
Now I think all that time we got with Welfin in the earlier episodes wasn't a waste. He turned out to be pretty useful. Was surprised to see Youpi die.

I still don't get what Palm means. As of now I don't see of how the King could die.
Jun 10, 2014 8:24 PM

May 2012
jreginald said:
ichii_1 said:

Yeah okay, but some of these are just posts from manga readers explaining things to us so people won't go "hurr durr asspull", which in turn kind of turns into a spoiler. Haha

I kind of agree with you but Palm does everything but outright say it. I'm surprised most anime only watchers don't reach the conclusion Palm was heading towards.
Jun 10, 2014 8:26 PM

Mar 2014
bleachjoj said:
jreginald said:

I kind of agree with you but Palm does everything but outright say it. I'm surprised most anime only watchers don't reach the conclusion Palm was heading towards.

Oh okay, she actually mentions it? Then nvm, it's not really a spoiler.

(I haven't watched the episode but I clearly remember the scene when Palm talks about it so if I'm thinking the same thing then it should be sufficient enough to talk about radiation, etc.)
Jun 10, 2014 9:09 PM

Mar 2014
The exchange between Ikalgo & Welfin was beautiful and made their previous episode together so worth it -- character development at its finest. I also liked the conversation between Ikalgo & Palm regarding division amongst the Ants & loyalty to the King. Palm's explanation was so well done and reminds us that Pouf isn't just an "overly attached girlfriend".

Reading the manga and watching the animation itself is so different. Mad House did a great job with this episode. I've hated Pouf for such a long time but the way they showed him at the end was just disheartening. He was so desperate to see Pitou, especially after seeing Youpi dead. And then they play the ED right as he stares at this bloodied hands. Heavy stuff.
jreginaldJun 10, 2014 9:17 PM
Jun 10, 2014 9:10 PM
Aug 2012
Ragna92 said:
Now I think all that time we got with Welfin in the earlier episodes wasn't a waste. He turned out to be pretty useful. Was surprised to see Youpi die.

I still don't get what Palm means. As of now I don't see of how the King could die.

You should have read more of the posts here. People are predicting that the reason is radiation poisoning from the bomb Netero used. It makes sense. How Palm would know about the bomb in the first place is the real question here though.
Jun 10, 2014 9:13 PM

Feb 2014
ValeBreck said:
And yeah, the one who said his name was Ikalgo, the voice is the same. http://i.imgur.com/AYlib0h.jpg

Now there is something funny....Did Ikalgo has the dream to become a squid even when he was still a human??? XD XD

"Don't call me human!!!"

The insects really die by human cruelty. Well, no one care about it anyway. We just stomp it everyday.
Palm so amazing. Even though she is so crazy. Her beauty - Serious - Crazy mode shift really hilarious. Amazing character. I still imagined her with knife all around her body even though she talk so serious in this episode. XD XD
Jun 10, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. Netero's effort dint go wasted, in fact he did more than he thought he will.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Jun 10, 2014 9:18 PM

Jan 2014
The King just got a nosebleed from perverted thoughts about Komugi.

Anyway, it seems the ants are going to kick the bucket in an unconventional way. I was bemused by the fact that it didn't even cross Pouf's mind that Pitou could possibly lose. Also the way Komugi is being treated like an item to just be moved around at whomever's convenience.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 10, 2014 9:18 PM
Jun 10, 2014 9:34 PM

Dec 2011
MShukyDeneuve said:
ValeBreck said:
And yeah, the one who said his name was Ikalgo, the voice is the same. http://i.imgur.com/AYlib0h.jpg

Now there is something funny....Did Ikalgo has the dream to become a squid even when he was still a human??? XD XD

"Don't call me human!!!"

It's quite possible that Ikalgo has memories of his octopus past-life too... Just like how Leol has memories of when he was a tiger.
Jun 10, 2014 9:52 PM

Mar 2014
kikohunter said:
Good episode, this is story telling at its core. This is how it should be, convey a message with your story and make sure it makes its point accross the entirety of the story. Humans are cruel creatures that stand at the top of the world. That's what we are and this arc explains it in a very beautifull but also sad way. Do we care about the ants we crush? No. Do we care about the millions of other animals we kill in order to survive? No. So why should the protagonists care about the king and the ants? Palm explained it very well and I loved how they showed Youpi in his death. He looked exactly like an insect you kill without caring about it.

Edit: Also, I guess this is why the ants will and are dying in such an anticlimactic way. They just die the way little insignificant ants should.

Re-posting for the truth. I'm glad people are getting it.
Jun 10, 2014 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
Youpi's death felt extremely underwhelming :( Though I am really beginning to like Welfin as a character. I'm guessing that Meurem = Gyro.
4/5
Jun 10, 2014 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
what's with the nose bleed and blood coughing? I guess it got something to do with how Meruem will die soon... but how? man I'm desperately fighting my urge not to read the manga.
Jun 10, 2014 10:41 PM

Feb 2012
jreginald said:
bleachjoj said:

Oh okay, she actually mentions it? Then nvm, it's not really a spoiler.

(I haven't watched the episode but I clearly remember the scene when Palm talks about it so if I'm thinking the same thing then it should be sufficient enough to talk about radiation, etc.)

1) most logical explanation given what we already know
2)No, palm doesn't actually mention the bomb at all, it's just that when she was saying the king will die in a very assured way, the backdrop was the death cloud from the bomb. That just gave it away for me, who has not read the manga.

Like I, and so many people have said already before, this is basically the perfect end to this arc thematically. I don't think there could be a better way to end it.
Jun 10, 2014 11:23 PM

Dec 2011
We are finally reaching the final stages of this arc. Can't wait to see how they will close it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
Nosebleed actually gives you death. Not erection!
Jun 11, 2014 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
R.I.P in Youpi. Looks like the end for Meruem and Pouf is not too far ahead.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 11, 2014 1:21 AM
Oct 2011
Wish they'd animate the rest of the pictures of violence from the chapter next episode
Jun 11, 2014 1:21 AM

Sep 2011
Welp... they didn't animate Palm's awesome monologue.

I hope and really really hope that they do as a finale.
Jun 11, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing the chimera ants like this leaves me with a pretty empty feeling...
Jun 11, 2014 4:49 AM

May 2013
Well, would you look at that... they are going to die from the radiation! I am very pleased with this twist. So Netero's sacrifice wasn't in vain after all. This episode pretty much sealed the fate of the Royal Guards and the King. It's game over; now it's just a matter of how exactly it unfolds, and what happens to Komugi after all this.

I find it interesting that Togashi has essentially revealed to the audience that the main antagonists of the arc are going to die for sure, and soon. After what we see here, there is very little doubt about it. Youpi's already gone (R.I.P) and now only Pouf and the King are left, and both have blood leaking from their bodies this episode. Like its quiet beginning, this arc seems to be heading to a quiet ending as well. It's fascinating, really- for all intents and purposes it seems that Gon's "fight" with Neferpitou was the last. The battle's already won; now we just wait for the leftovers to die. The emptiness of the palace and the silence that enveloped it were very striking in this episode. The last Chimera Ants won't go out with a bang (although I suppose they technically did..) but with a whimper. It is a really unorthodox way to end the lives of the main "villains", but then this arc was unorthodox from the beginning. It's a bit ironic that the Ants are going to die like this, slowly and alone, from poisoning. Humans eliminated them like the pests they were. For all the power of the Ants, their growing humanity finished them...and when the humans in this arc act more inhuman than the Ants, did they ever stand a chance?

That Gon's character arc came to a head in CA specifically is not a coincidence. This arc, despite its immensely varied design and multitude of characters, was in many ways built around what would happen to Gon. He was paralleled to the King repeatedly, and the merciless, cruel nature of what transpired ever since the rise of the Ants is what pushed him over the edge in the end. His character development fits in like a puzzle piece in the Chimera Ant arc, a crucial component that stands on its own but completes the bigger picture as well.

It's really neat to see how Gyro keeps getting bought up again. It seems he'll be playing a bigger role in the future, and was just introduced here as a way of setting that up. Ikalgo and Welfin's growing bond continues to be a pleasure to watch. In fact, the most interesting thing here was really the interactions of the three Chimera Ants on the human side, Ikalgo, Welfin, and Palm. They, along with the King and his guards, show just how far the Chimera Ants have evolved, so that the difference between them and humans is nearly indistinguishable. It's Welfins humanity that convinced him to listen to Ikalgo and follow his orders (his frustration after discovering the link between him and Ikalgo is very telling; he's upset because he knows he's going to do what Ikalgo requested because he can't turn his back on his comrade). It's Ikalgo's humanity that makes him feel guilty about what he and Palm are doing to Komugi.

Palm's little speech here basically serves to serve as a summary of sorts of the themes of the arc, fitting as it comes just as the arc comes to its conclusion. I kind of wish Palm wasn't t so explicit and blunt in her conversation with Ikalgo, but it serves its purpose and reaffirms the fact that all the themes and motifs that we've discussed throughout the arc were integrated into it intentionally by Togashi. In the end, the narrative's final stance seems to be that even though humanity is capable of many wonderful things, ultimately its capacity for evil eclipses it. We saw many humans at their best here (Knuckle, Shoot) but also many at their worst (Netero, Gon). It is essentially an exploration of human nature, using the Chimera Ants to draw a contrast between them and humanity.

Is this arc still ending at episode 135. I think I've seen a few manga readers say that there are still seven chapters to go, which seems like a lot to adapt in only two episodes. I just hope it isn't rushed, and we that we get to savor this arc's final, quiet moments.
MrAMJun 11, 2014 4:55 AM
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jun 11, 2014 5:55 AM
Mar 2013
the king will die yap
Jun 11, 2014 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
MrAM said:
Is this arc still ending at episode 135. I think I've seen a few manga readers say that there are still seven chapters to go, which seems like a lot to adapt in only two episodes. I just hope it isn't rushed, and we that we get to savor this arc's final, quiet moments.

haven't read the manga but i remember the source being reliable that it will end on 135 i even think that's one episode too many seeing as they are running out of characters and things to do
Jun 11, 2014 6:38 AM
Oct 2013
Blood are coming out from Meruem, Youpi and Pouf. Might be the radiation? Even after death, Netero gave them a slow drive to the grave.
Jun 11, 2014 6:53 AM
Apr 2013
MrAM said:
Judging by the preview too, this arc is definitely not ending in two episodes. Most likely three.
Jun 11, 2014 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
I am honestly astounded when I see how many people legitimately do not get the cause of the noseblood or why the King and his guards will die soon.. I assume some of you guys could join the 500.00 humans at the palace entrance without problems...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 11, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
I am honestly astounded when I see how many people legitimately do not get the cause of the noseblood or why the King and his guards will die soon.. I assume some of you guys could join the 500.00 humans at the palace entrance without problems...

Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking after watching the episode. Granted, I read the manga but come on, there were clues everywhere. It showed the damn rose for crying out loud.

Also, great post MrAM.
Jun 11, 2014 9:09 AM

May 2012
StefanHere said:
MrAM said:

haven't read the manga but i remember the source being reliable that it will end on 135 i even think that's one episode too many seeing as they are running out of characters and things to do

It's confirmed that the next arc starts on 137. So we still have three episodes unless 136 is a clip show.
Jun 11, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
bleachjoj said:
StefanHere said:

It's confirmed that the next arc starts on 137. So we still have three episodes unless 136 is a clip show.

I'm sure episode 136 would be covering chapters 315-316... and i'm hoping they flesh out the rest of gyro's shit.
Jun 11, 2014 9:17 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, everyone is like "pouf is bleeding"

So I take it most missed the part where the king himself bled?
Jun 11, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
I love how Togashi was all like "yeah this is not getting the conventional treatment of fights so here is a nuke.
Then he was like, oh no, the king survived and is much stronger!
Now it's bound to get dbz

Then; j/k he's still dying of the radiation.

It's a brilliant way, to have him still fall because of human malice... In a much more malicious way, while he still manages to try and finish his own arc and maybe even meet Komugi one last time.

Why I think it's more evil is because they gave him life again only to be robbed of it shortly, aloh with others. This makes using the nuke on the palace all the more a bad decision.
Jun 11, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
You know this is a pretty unique way of ending the antagonists and this kind of stuff don't usually happen in shounen anime. Its always the main character who comes up and beats the bad guys often with some power ups. This will be a fitting end to an arc which had a slow start in my opinion but most of the character introduced in it fulfilled their roles quite well.

So two more episode until this arc is over.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

61 by BlazeoJoe »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.