Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2014 8:23 PM
May 2014
Well you said 1 hour of content, it's like 10-20 minutes at most
Jun 15, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
People like it because it's enjoyable to read? And also because not everything is adapted into an anime. Manga also generally have content that the anime would not due to time, budget, and censorship-type constraints.
Jun 17, 2014 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Well, if you really like a certain anime because of a character or it's story and it has a manga that extends past where the anime ended you can read the manga version for a continuation where you can continue to enjoy the characters and the story.
Jun 17, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe you should try reading something more in line with your maturity and intelligence level.

I suggest this to start:[spoiler]
Jun 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
Red_Keys said:
Maybe you should try reading something more in line with your maturity and intelligence level.

I suggest this to start:[spoiler]
[/quote]
The feels

Jun 17, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2013
More detail, art, story etc. I personally like the different drawing styles from each manga. I also grew up reading comic books so it wasn't hard to like manga later on.
Jun 18, 2014 1:15 AM

Apr 2013
Bloodania said:
I have one Manga in my home and I have never read it. The reason for that is:

No colors.

Too many pages (about 200).

Confusing to read.

I did try to read it, but I lost the willing power after three pages and no, its not because the Manga doesn't interest me, it's Manga in general.

It's been a year since I bought it and everyday it have been on my table without getting opened, because I don't bother. But I like American comic books though or not even, more close to comic-strips.

200 pages is small for a book.
Colors aren't a problem to begin with. It's not like it's changing anything. Black and white art has always been able to go toes to toes with colored ones when well done. Granted, in manga it's far from being well done most of time, but ti's still not a problem imo.
I dislike america comics book BTW. I like European comics and manga/Manhwa, so that's pretty much the only thing I don't like...
Aug 12, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2013
Well, I have an addictive personality so when I find a show I love and it ends its season, I dont just want to know more about the story, I NEED to. So I read manga to do just that. The only problem now though is Im finding a lot of great stories adapted from light novels and I dont even know where I can get my hands on those...
victor2195 said:
manga has more details, more freedom, better quality

How ironic you say that with Tite Kubo's work as your avatar XD.
Aug 12, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
I am greedy, so I'll pursue my interests without any regard to the medium they happen to be presented in. I have no interest in manga itself, just what I can get from manga.
Aug 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Bloodania said:
I have one Manga in my home and I have never read it. The reason for that is:

No colors.

Too many pages (about 200).

Confusing to read.

I did try to read it, but I lost the willing power after three pages and no, its not because the Manga doesn't interest me, it's Manga in general.

It's been a year since I bought it and everyday it have been on my table without getting opened, because I don't bother. But I like American comic books though or not even, more close to comic-strips.

Sorry if this seams long or if it doesnt answer your question but try n read through it.

Bro! I was EXACTLY like you So I know how u feel. Manga is amazin n im sure u'll like it if you found suttin interesting. suttin thatll convert you.

Reason I began was becoz of an anime called Air Gear. it was mediocre but soundtrack was amazin. n the story is def interesting. it ended horribly but I wanted to see what happenz next So I read the manga n was blown away on how good it was. soo different BUT that wasnt what REALLY got me into it.

Now im into romance like BIG TIME! animes are very similar. same characters, same story, same feel. Not all but most were like that for me. So I gave manga a shot n I found a shit load of storys.

one that got me interested was called GE: Good Ending. it wasnt the best manga in the world but I found it amazing n but it wasnt the same shit I always got with anime. I got hooked after a few chapters coz thats my thing! I love romance n this had a good protagonist who wasnt wimpy, the MC's romatic interest wasnt ur usual crap, she was interesting n how they met wasnt generic. it had a real good story and character development.

after finishing that I went on to find more coz theirs such a huge selection n amazing story lines.

I tried my best to answer that and I dunno if any thing I just mentioned helps or not but what I think is the problem is, you havnt found the right manga. you cant just pick 1 up n start to like it coz its probs just not 4 u.

When I 1st started I was interested but bored coz anime got colour n sound, especially coz of sound. So I played sum music while reading. It was the soundtrack of Air Gear. that helped quite a bit n then eventually I could read it normally with the same enjoyment as if I was watchin anime. Readin it while havin my own versions of the characters voices in my head sound llike give me the impression im watchin suttin. sounds weird ano but yh lol.

Im going to recommend you some that I find are absolute best but once again. theirs a chance that they may not appeal to you. Its all down to your preferences na mean. What kind of animes do you like?

Liar Game
Gantz (Tho there is an anime, this is so much better)
Holyland
Sun-Ken Rock
Psyren

You said you also hate it coz theirs no colour. that was a problem for me too but I got used to it.

here are some webtoons! there basically korean mangas/manhwas but IN FULL COLOUR!

Tower Of God
Superior Day
DICE: The Cube that Changes Everything
Fisheye Placebo
Flow
Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 13, 2014 6:00 AM

Aug 2014
On the contrary, I think manga in black and white is gorgeous. Sure lots of people like coloured comics but there's something that really makes manga art stand out in black and white. Personal opinion, but it gives of a more dynamic feel that isn't as static as some of the typical coloured comics out there.

But I do think manga does take more time and effort to get into than anime. It's easy to pick up any anime and just keep on watching it effortlessly until you reach the interesting bits. The thing I noticed about manga is it takes some time to get to the parts when shit gets real, once you do, it can be the most intense godawesome mind blowing page turning reading experiences ever. You might need a little bit of patience to get rewarded, so I guess if you like comic strips which gets straight to the point, it's the total opposite of what I just said here.

Anyway, it all comes down to preference in the end. While manga is usually better than the anime adaptation, no harm watching the anime over reading the manga. It's all up to you.
Aug 13, 2014 8:02 AM

Oct 2011
Bloodania said:
How long does it take for each volume coming out for an average ongoing Manga?

Manga don't come out by volume, they come out by chapters.

Some manga are weekly, some are monthly. It's usually slower than anime, but your average manga keep going far longer than your average anime.

Plus, you have far more manga ongoing than the poor twenty-something anime that are currently airing.
Aug 13, 2014 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
Tryss said:
Manga don't come out by volume, they come out by chapters.

Manga most certainly do come out in volumes. I much prefer to have a volume in my hand rather than reading individual chapters online. So I wait for the volumes.

Bloodania said:
How long does it take for each volume coming out for an average ongoing Manga?

As for the speed at which they are published, it depends. Sometimes it takes a couple of months for an English printed volume to come out. If you don't want to wait then just pick a manga series that has already finished, rather than one that is ongoing.
Aug 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
Tryss said:

Plus, you have far more manga ongoing than the poor twenty-something anime that are currently airing.

You could at least pretend to get your facts right.
Aug 13, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
mecharobot said:
Tryss said:

You could at least pretend to get your facts right.

Ok, I count around 70 ongoing anime according to animecalendar.net ... same order of magnitude.
I don't know the exact number of serialized manga, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 20 times this number
Aug 13, 2014 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
the manga's shading is what often make epic panels. it definetely compensates the lacking ost in the background and manga overall looks more like a piece of art than anime.
Aug 31, 2014 10:49 PM

Apr 2012
I can't believe anybody would fall for such an obvious troll.
Sep 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Feb 2014
I like it because otherwise you miss out on lots of series. I started only two years ago reading manga regularly (still read before that but very sparingly) and I found some amazing series — most of the ones I rate 10 have no anime adaptation, or that anime adaptation deviates strongly from it. Plus in anime where I'm waiting for season 2 or there is no next season yet still manga material, I can get caught up because it's kinda hard (for me at least) to finish a series and two years later when it gets a season 2 know exactly where it left off.

Sep 1, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
Do you not find artistically drawn pages to stimulate the mind. How could you man?

Sep 2, 2014 8:58 AM
Apr 2014
To put it short: manga is consistent. Anime as a medium is horrendously inconsistent when it comes down to adaptations. You have to deal with stuff like alternate endings, filler, etc. in anime along with censorship and budgets. Manga doesn't have much in the way of alternate endings (that I'm aware of) and filler is almost a non-issue. Censorship and budgetary constraints also don't affect the mangaka either.

Let's take a look at three series that I just so happen to enjoy: Berserk, Blade of the Immortal, and Gantz.

Berserk is infamous for being one of the most brutal manga series of all time. HOWEVER, the anime adaptation that came out in the late 90s is pretty damn shit. Yes, the story remains intact for the most part but the actual animation of the show is next to non-existent. Fights aren't even properly animated as it just opts to show you the final pose for each blow OR it just shows Guts/Kaska/whoever else just slashing at an enemy once and then a trail of blood spews out of the area they just slashed at. There isn't even much in the way of animation in the background. It also ended on a completely different note, so there's that.

Blade of the Immortal is also known to be a very bloody manga series, but the anime adaptation produced in 2008 literally compresses over 20+ volumes of story into a 13 episode time slot. It also suffers from similar animation problems that Berserk suffered from, but that was side-stepped to an extent because Production I.G stepped in and actually helped out with the animation to a certain degree.

Finally, we have Gantz: Hiroyai Oku's demented nightmares on crack. Gantz is infamous for being incredibly brutal and violent where gore, rape, nudity, and such are frequent sights. The anime adaptation was produced by Gonzo, and the animation quality in Gantz is so horrendously inconsistent that you would not even believe it if I told you. Half the time, it's impossible to tell whether or not what's being said is happening in the characters' heads because the lip-flap movement isn't even there. Whole environments are rendered in CGI that sticks out far too much from the 2D backgrounds, and as a result the animation quality ends up fluctuating wildly. Sometimes, fights would be animated in a manner where it resembles something out of Hellsing Ultimate or Attack on Titan but other times, you'd just have 2D sprites moving about like stop-motion over completely CG backgrounds. Don't even get me started on that complete bullshit ending.

Manga doesn't have that sort of inconsistency, and as a result you're able to do a lot more and get away with WAY more than you'd ever be able to on TV. Get it now?
-
Sep 2, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
I get that way with books sadly... I buy all sorts of novels and I'll read the first chapter, actually if I get really into it I might power through a bunch of chapters but once I put it down it can be months before I ever pick it up again... Though that's more of a laziness than an actual disinterest.

As for Manga I actually like it more than Western Comics, which I also read, normally they have a little more depth to them and a progressing story line (assuming it's not something like a harem where it's just endless repetition 99% of the time.)

Like most things I think if you were to just power through the initial awkwardness that's bothering you, you'll get gripped enough by the story and accustom to reading it that you probably won't put it down till it's done.
Sep 2, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
Because they are much more complete than their anime adaptations.
Sep 2, 2014 8:44 PM
Sep 2013
You can enjoy more detailed story with less amount of time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

36 by Dotanuki »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
11 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.