Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 9, 2014 4:12 AM
Feb 2012
It's been confirmed that Sankarea will be ending this year. It does mention a special chapter to be published in the next and last volume (#11). Let's all hope for a satisfying ending to a surprisingly good and diverse story.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-09/sankarea-zombie-romantic-comedy-manga-to-end-by-november/.75350
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 9, 2014 5:48 AM
Jul 2013
Hattori launched the manga in Kodansha's Bessatsu Sh�nen Magazine in 2009, and Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in North America this month. The manga inspired a television anime in 2012, and Funimation released the anime in North America last year.

Season 2 please. Sankrea was the best ecchi.

Mod Edit: Removed part of the post that was already said in the opening post.
VudisJun 9, 2014 7:58 AM
Jun 9, 2014 7:58 AM

Mar 2009
Jun 15, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't even see that much ecchi element in this... Actually nvm I just remembered all the shower and bathing scenes.

This had a lot more to offer in it's content than almost every other harem series i have seen since Kore wa Zombie desu Ka? in 2010 or so. Hell, the series didn't even end up in a unresolve harem situation. The love dispute(with Rinko) was resolved with a firm conclusion and nothing bullshitty.
Unlike some shows that solely use it's story elements as an excuse for having a harem *COUGH INFINITE STRATOS COUGH DATE A LIVE COUGH* Sankarea's story ACTUALLY had a realistic conclusion suiting it's premise and followed through the consequences of loving something that was not meant to be. The characters grew, Chihiro's viewpoint on zombies changed throughout the series after actually meeting a zombie girl, so there's development there.

God... This was actually really good. At least I can appreciate it. Darlene was so beautiful too as well as playing the mysterious role, which just increased my appreciation for this series threefold.

So all in all... this series probably had the most content out of a harem series I have seen. Definitely top of my list in recommending to others who have been tired from the constant stream of harem-ecchi.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 9, 2014 3:57 AM
Feb 2012
Apparently the manga's ending even earlier. Next month, to be more precise (which should be chapter 56; 55 coming out this month).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-08/sankarea-zombie-romantic-comedy-manga-end-slated-for-next-month/.77414
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 9, 2014 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
Rachmaninow said:
Apparently the manga's ending even earlier. Next month, to be more precise (which should be chapter 56; 55 coming out this month).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-08/sankarea-zombie-romantic-comedy-manga-end-slated-for-next-month/.77414

Well... I hope for asatisfying conclusion, it was pretty well paced for a conclusion.
Aug 10, 2014 4:53 AM
Feb 2012
I'm not hoping for a happy end myself anymore. Two chapters left with this month's to wrap up the story in a satisfying manner. Now, what satisfying might mean in this context is up to the respective individual. Me, I want the end to fit the story flow, no matter how brutal it could end up being.
Aug 10, 2014 6:10 AM

Sep 2011
Rachmaninow said:
I'm not hoping for a happy end myself anymore. Two chapters left with this month's to wrap up the story in a satisfying manner. Now, what satisfying might mean in this context is up to the respective individual. Me, I want the end to fit the story flow, no matter how brutal it could end up being.

I am happy for an ending that can teach some sort of lesson. I am delighted that the author, foregoing the more popular slice of life route, instead chose to write a story enticed with details.

Right now, Rea honestly has to die. There are no gods, there is no magic. Rea's life should be put out...

But who to end up with? Darin!
Aug 10, 2014 6:59 AM

Feb 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Rachmaninow said:

I am happy for an ending that can teach some sort of lesson. I am delighted that the author, foregoing the more popular slice of life route, instead chose to write a story enticed with details.

Right now, Rea honestly has to die. There are no gods, there is no magic. Rea's life should be put out...

The fact that she's a zombie is illogical in itself, so the the absence of a god, of magic or whatever you want to add to it, makes no difference. As of now, the series can take any turn.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Aug 10, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
sherlock5545 said:
GodlyKyon said:

The fact that she's a zombie is illogical in itself, so the the absence of a god, of magic or whatever you want to add to it, makes no difference. As of now, the series can take any turn.

Have you been paying attention at all in this series(or you're just arguing for the sake of it)? That may be true if the series was freshly starting when nothing was clear, but when the whole ZOMA Darin aspect was revealed, and Jogorou's past, a set of rules is established. The series made it very clear in the direction it was heading and what sort of zombies these are, and what sort of fate Rea was to have.

Granted, the author CAN do whatever he wants, in any series the author to do anything at any point. But to do that will destroy the integrity of the whole series, the mood portrayed, and turn it into an "asspull."

Might as well as say any fiction, since they use impossible mechanics, is illogical and thus anything can happen.
Aug 10, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2013
GodlyKyon said:
sherlock5545 said:

Have you been paying attention at all in this series(or you're just arguing for the sake of it)? That may be true if the series was freshly starting when nothing was clear, but when the whole ZOMA Darin aspect was revealed, and Jogorou's past, a set of rules is established. The series made it very clear in the direction it was heading and what sort of zombies these are, and what sort of fate Rea was to have.

Granted, the author CAN do whatever he wants, in any series the author to do anything at any point. But to do that will destroy the integrity of the whole series, the mood portrayed, and turn it into an "asspull."

Might as well as say any fiction, since they use impossible mechanics, is illogical and thus anything can happen.

I still believe the author is willing to go the "asspull" route. Not that I am leaning toward that end to be honest. We'll see how it turns out anyway, not much is left.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Aug 10, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
sherlock5545 said:
GodlyKyon said:

I still believe the author is willing to go the "asspull" route. Not that I am leaning toward that end to be honest. We'll see how it turns out anyway, not much is left.

Well, he could... But all the hint(as the OP once pointed out, "the last time I could have saved her was before she fell off the cliff" could mean the author has this better planned than we have thought) points to a non-asspull ending. We have the incest resolved-ish, and we have a replacement love interest.

I am personally just happy that Darin might win... Ahhh
Aug 10, 2014 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
^who Chihiro will end up boning is quite honestly the least of my concerns.

But as Kyon said, the story established a bunch of rules the author too now logically has to follow if he wants to write a believable end to the story. And looking at the latest chapters everything's pointing towards Rea dying for good. Sure, there's the brain thing, and we also don't know completely what Danichirou, Rea's dad, has up his sleeve- he might just reveal or do something that will save his daughter. Unlikely but still somewhat possible- but Rea's future ain't looking too bright.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

84 by NaughtySempai »»
Yesterday, 1:07 PM

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 4 Discussion

Laevantein - Mar 17, 2010

49 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Dec 15, 2010

26 by Niamhyuwu »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.