Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2009
The best character of this bleak show is killed, huh...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 6, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
Just when I was ready to hate Girge's guts he does something like that...

HE'S LIKE A FREAKING GOD IN A ROBOT!!! (freak is the key word here) Though the sad thing is that he died. Yes, his death wasn't shown but we can pretty much assume he's dead. If there's one thing we can understand from BB is even the greatest won't be shown any mercy.

P.S.
He probably became my favorite character in the show. I'll have to rewatch the show to be certain.
Nov 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Girge was badass, what a epic death
Jan 14, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
Rygart's voice is really horrendous! especially when he yells or grunts, it's like there's a lot of phlegm in his throat. And his fight scene with Girge was corny af. So pretentious. They're both tsudere faggots really. "If I defeat you.. you will become a general! Surpass your father!" damn so much cringe.

Bullet hole in the head, head split with a giant sword.. one good thing about this borefest is that they don't censor these things.
Sep 25, 2016 8:47 AM
Mar 2016
this thread really spoiled it. i haven't seen the movies + this episode doesn't clearly show that girge died so can y'all talk about the movie on THE MOVIE THREAD??? jesus christ.
Dec 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2014
Rygart completely ruined the anime for me. I was going to give it a 7. Hot headed Rygart should have joined the fight instead of talking/fighting Girge. WTF is that? He talks big about justice and shit, yet he lets his team die while he fights Girge?
May 1, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2011
Badass character has badass death. It was enjoyable to see him kill all five generals alone. Best fight scene I've seen. The TV did change a lot from the OVA, it doesn't take away Girge's badassery.
Jan 16, 2023 7:41 AM
Oct 2020
Girge should have been the MC cause he's a million times cooler...
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
This TV adaptation is officially a lazy piece of shit now. They added the Girge fight but didn't alter the circumstances from the rushed OVA AT ALL. Which is to say watching this is no better than watching the fucking OVA. The Girge fight didn't have much in the way of animation - certainly not enough to justify no budget having been spent before - and it gave me none of the manga tingles. And the action is the weakest aspect of the manga since you can rarely tell the golems apart. No exciting one-leg hopping here!

As soon as Girge kicked Rygart to the edge of the cliff, I KNEW it wouldn't follow the manga. In the manga, the fight ends with Rygart and Girge plus some others captured. They're taken before Borcuse. What Borcuse says is this: if the pilot of the under-golem steps forward, he'll spare the life of the others. Rygart is about to step forward when Girge beats him to it. Narvi's brother (iirc) elbows Rygart to stop him saying anything and he can only watch in horror as Borcuse shoots Girge in the head. He dies still smiling.

This event also plays a big role in the final showdown between Rygart and Borcuse: Borcuse taunts Rygart by telling him he knew Girge wasn't the pilot and killed him anyway. And since Rygart's psychological breakdown later is tied to not understanding WHY Girge did what he did/how he willingly died for him, it has NONE of the weight for Rygart to just fall of a cliff and not see him die. WEAK!

I just know it: Rygart is still going to be swinging his sodding OVA ball vs. Borcuse. And the Binoten battle is gonna be a C&P job, with maybe the end altered. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! I just don't get it. How does the Girge fight alone justify this show? That's just superficial if you don't alter the events and pacing.

About Girge being a badarse: he's a psycho. He only cares for himself and his own desires. Neither Baldr or Rygart gain any understanding of him. Or anyone else. He's the sort of character that fights sometimes and not others, inexplicably, and decides to sacrifice himself or not on a whim--because it's interesting. He's not main character character material; he's Levi from Shingeki: invincible unless the odds are stacked heavily against him. He's awesome and almost unique as a character, hence the affection people hold for him, but don't go overboard.
i can't see any similarities between girge and levi at all, even in the slightest.
in fact I would argue levi is the complete opposite of some one like girge, levi is actually extremely loyal and cares alot about his friends and his person group. while girge is the complete opposite only doing things for a whim and for his own entertainment. 
someone like hisoka monroe from hxh is a much better comparison.

now breakblade has horrendous storywriting and a bunch of asspulls unlike hxh.
however, imagine if girge had the "my rubber nen" moment. and just randomly revived due to asspull.
now thats something that break blade has over hxh

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

53 by Kraum »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.