Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2014 6:12 AM
Jun 2009
Didn't expect her to be the REAL main character antagonist (thought it was Yomi).

Anyways, her backstory doesn't make any fucking sense.

1. Yu and Mato were childhood friends? Where the fuck was she when she was getting bullied and being saved by Saya? Plus the total 180 on her personality (gloomy/depressed to cheerful genki)... does Mato not notice that?

2. Yu and Saya's age. I don't get how they can both be in school at the same time while Saya became a counselor and Yu stayed as a middle schooler.

I tried to rationalize it that Saya was in her last year of high school (18) and Yu was in her first year of middle school (12) which is a total of 6 years difference. Yu becomes 15 and starts high school and Saya (21 now) somehow finishes school and becomes a counselor (grade skipping). But Mato is in middle school...

3. How could she exist and then disappear from everyone's memories (basketball senpai)? She transfers into school at the end? So did she not exist in the first place? Still doesn't explain her aging.

4. Did Yu really exist this whole time? Where did she live? With her parents? How could they not question the fact that she doesn't age?

Was Mato schizophrenic? Was Yu some sort of spirit this whole time (no shadow)? If so, where was her real body?

Schizophrenic explanation doesn't explain how Yu was able to interact with the other students or send Yomi a text message.

The spirit explanation will require an explanation as to where her real body was (coma?).

But aging issue still remains.
Jun 19, 2014 6:37 PM
Dec 2013
It's been a while since I've seen the show, but I'll try to cover all these points to the best of my abilities.

1 - Yuu was being bullied in the past, which is why Saya was still in school. Mato was very young at this time, so she may have not even known Yuu at that point.

2 - After her house caught on fire, Yuu went to the Other World in much the same way that Mato did, so it can be assumed that her "real body" is lying around somewhere in the real world. Then Strength took on the form of Yuu, but is more like a poltergeist, as in, can interact with the world to some degree, and with the people who have counter-parts in the Other World, but has no true physical form. This also explains why she doesn't age while Mato grows up, and befriends her.

3 - She was never in anyone's memories who are currently in the school, as she was probably declared missing several years earlier.

4 - Yuu only existed to those who had counter-parts in the Other World. She stayed with Saya for the time that she was on then real world. Her parents probably died in the housefire when Saya was younger.
Jun 19, 2014 6:45 PM
Jun 2009
Number8Forever said:
It's been a while since I've seen the show, but I'll try to cover all these points to the best of my abilities.

1 - Yuu was being bullied in the past, which is why Saya was still in school. Mato was very young at this time, so she may have not even known Yuu at that point.

2 - After her house caught on fire, Yuu went to the Other World in much the same way that Mato did, so it can be assumed that her "real body" is lying around somewhere in the real world. Then Strength took on the form of Yuu, but is more like a poltergeist, as in, can interact with the world to some degree, and with the people who have counter-parts in the Other World, but has no true physical form. This also explains why she doesn't age while Mato grows up, and befriends her.

3 - She was never in anyone's memories who are currently in the school, as she was probably declared missing several years earlier.

4 - Yuu only existed to those who had counter-parts in the Other World. She stayed with Saya for the time that she was on then real world. Her parents probably died in the housefire when Saya was younger.

You skip the part where Mato and Yu were (supposedly) childhood friends and they are both starting middle school (12 years old).

Unless STR started out as a 5 year old again and grew up with Mato.
Jun 19, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2014

probably has the power to change age.
Jun 20, 2014 4:48 PM
Dec 2013
Maybe Strength has the ability to alter memories. She could have planted her memories of them being childhood friends at the time of her meeting Mato (which, using this theory, could have been right before the show started). This could also explain why Mato had memories of Strength's house, even though the house never was there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.