Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
I hate whoever wrote this Miku character with a burning passion as far as harem's/date sims she has to be one of the worst in my books,not to mention the bitch just stood there watching Shido get stabbed and continued to do nothing.

the art quality of this season is pretty awful not that i can say the actual show is any better even compared to S1.

Still Dark tohka could be worth a watch i guess..
Jun 6, 2014 7:19 PM

May 2013
Wow this episode really sucked... The animation was clearly rushed, and many scenes of explosions were repeated, or zoomed in to make it seem like another scene. At times, the faces of the characters were 2D, showing a severe lack of quality in the animation. The Miku character is just annoying as fuck. Kurumi is awesome, Shido still such a static character. Overall plot just so boring, and too many fights being drawn out. This should have ended last week. This anime just doesn't stop getting worse ans worse, it definitely fills the "2nd Season Ruiner" category.
Jun 6, 2014 7:27 PM

Mar 2014
This episode went by so fast...I really didn't care for Miku's story, seemed less traumatic than what I was expecting considering how fucked up in the head she is about humans as "playthings"...

Also, sad Tohka...When my Waifu cries, I cry...TT_TT

Can wait for next week's episode, even if it is the last one...Hopefully the animation improves to close out the season on a high note (maybe they were more focused on the last episode so let this one slip??? just a thought...)

Hope to god no cliffhangers on the last episode, I don't think I could take it x.x
Jun 6, 2014 8:03 PM

May 2013
NOOOOOO! I'm raging here. DAL II will end next week and

But anyways, Shidou and Kurumi continues their baddassness and I still think that Tohka is better than Miku when singing because of reasons (seiyuu actually)
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 6, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
SweetCoconut said:
NOOOOOO! I'm raging here. DAL II will end next week and

I know right!

Also, quite sad to see the huge drop in animation quality compared to the first season :/
Jun 6, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2013
I finally get to see the evil Tohka I was hearing about! Kurumi was so damn good!
Why does it have to be 10 episodes only? Too bad. It could have been longer.
Jun 6, 2014 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Kurumi as awesome as always

Origami and Mana putting up a fight

Miku just standing there as Shido gets stabbed. Do something damn it.

Now.. I guess Tohka is going into transform into something?
Jun 6, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm why can't Miku just control Ellen? Why can't Tohka just hold Isaac hostage? I don't understand :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 9:26 PM

Jul 2009
so... why didnt miku save him lol
wth.
Jun 6, 2014 9:49 PM
May 2011
Someone kill that crazy bitch Ellen already. Or I will go there myself !!!!!
Jun 6, 2014 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
Ugh, Shido is such a lump of trash. Miku told you why she hates men, so you keep twisting it to "humans", pulling a "not all men!" on her, and then acting all Nice Guy. Was his original character design fitted with an oversized fedora? Her reasons for hating men aren't even just "one man did this to me", literally thousands of men treated her like trash, you're not only proving her point but also ignoring her feelings and needs to satisfy your own. "All men are pigs", you're right Miku, especially so in regards to Shido.

Oh well, at least he's dead now, where he belongs. Gotta love them killing off a guy to give a girl character development for once, even if I'm predicting some sorta time reversing bs with Kurumi to bring him back to life or something. It's not like she's doing anything else vaguely plot relevant.
straggyJun 6, 2014 10:19 PM
Jun 6, 2014 10:36 PM
Jun 2013
Miku had used her power to control them but wasn't work. The anime hadn't showed it. Her power is useless with them. It's bad.
But next ep, she'll protect Shidou in front of Tohka's attack with her power.
p/s: sorry my bad English
Jun 6, 2014 10:56 PM

Jul 2010
Miku is kewl.

straggy said:
Oh well, at least he's dead now, where he belongs.

Couldn't agree more.
Jun 6, 2014 11:26 PM

Aug 2013
Date a Live is improving every episode
had good battles in this episode and the plot was also very good
was counted the past of Miku and seems that she also began to be affected by Shido, will be another to join the harem
But Shido was attacked and Tohka got desperate, something very bad happened
shame we only have one more episode
the outcome of what will happen with Tohka seems that will be for a future season ..
Jun 6, 2014 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
I hope ss3 will announce soon!
One ep left.
Jun 7, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
miku will most likely joing the harem (i don't know but probably there will be a third season)
now shido has to wake up to seal tohka's powers
Jun 7, 2014 2:11 AM

Dec 2013
This show needs a season 3, seriously!

I love the dynamics to all the characters, even if the back stories for most of them are super cliche. Hopefully they pull a cliffhanger and announce a second cour starting the week after next or something :D

Sigh, I'm gonna miss these characters a lot. I don't think the twins have been developed sufficiently, and I want to know more about the second and first Spirits!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2014 2:16 AM
Jan 2014
Time for sum Tohka action >:D
Agreed, needs a Third Season, or at least a few filler episodes. Cmon!
|My current achievements /// What the olden times taught me|

Best Anime Opening, all arguments invalid.
Second Best OP down here

Jun 7, 2014 3:17 AM

May 2010
I dislike Miku a lot less now, more like the hate has disappeared completely.

I don't think the animation quality was bad. If you compare it to the first few episodes, it was still a lot better.

Demon king? As in Hataraku Maou-sama? Okay, just kidding :p

I think, Miku will help Shido here. Her or Kurumi!
Jun 7, 2014 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
What the hell. How will they explain everything in just one episode?
Jun 7, 2014 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
Not really suprised for Miku being useless, it's not like she is the fighting type, except mind control she didn't really show anything, sure far from Kurumi's universality, like healing, damaging, cloning, teleport, memory reading and who knows what else. I only rememberl Miku showing pretty badass moves at the start of ep 05 agains AST.
Jun 7, 2014 5:44 AM

Dec 2013
Aw yeah! This episode was pretty amazing. I can see Miku's dere side incoming xD

I bet something epic is going to happen next episode. It always happens when a character is driven beyond rage mode watching their dear ones slaughtered infront of them. 5/5 for this episode ^^
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jun 7, 2014 7:12 AM

Oct 2013
go miku finally doing something useful. what is the go with this demon king
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 7, 2014 8:30 AM

Oct 2011
Shidou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 7, 2014 8:32 AM
Feb 2014
I'm seeing a lot of people ranting why Miku didn't do anything to help save Shido. But I honestly believe what she did, or rather not did, was quite reasonable. She still hasn't trusted Shido for her to care about him even just for a bit. So it's not surprising for Miku to just stand there and let Shido die.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Jun 7, 2014 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
shadedclan said:
I'm seeing a lot of people ranting why Miku didn't do anything to help save Shido. But I honestly believe what she did, or rather not did, was quite reasonable. She still hasn't trusted Shido for her to care about him even just for a bit. So it's not surprising for Miku to just stand there and let Shido die.

Miku doesn't trust him. She doesn't trust anybody.
Her past actually does do a fairly good job of explaining why she's such a bitch. Hatred shifted to the villains now, where it belongs. Helps that the bickering between Miku and Shido was well-done and that Miku's starting to go into "Baka" mode so she doesn't feel like so much of a bitch.
I especially dislike Jessica and Ellen; while the latter at least has the power to back up the asinine arrogance, the former has jack shit and it pisses me off. Isaac is just an ass, which is to be expected.

And now, at last, with one episode left in the season, Dark Tohka makes her debut. I look forward to watching her kick massive amounts of DEM ass.
FireKiller87Jun 7, 2014 8:53 AM
Jun 7, 2014 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
Hum... Why was Miku standing there and watching Shido getting killed? Kinda bluffed me, she could have tried something.

So it's dark Tohka time! :P
I really wonder how they'll conclude everything in one episode, it seem impossible to me. It look like the beginning of a new arc, but it will end in the next episode. Well, we'll see. I know nothing about the LN so there is probably a good explanation for this.

I wanted to see Kotori come in as an angel :(

The production in general in that episode was kinda... odd.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 7, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Season... III.... pls?

Isaac probably has mini earplugs in his ears anyway, so GG.

Did anybody notice that he sort of looks like... Soul from Soul Eater? Probably just me.

Isaac is life. Isaac is love.
Jun 7, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Wasn't Date a Live quite profitable? Don't get why that lazy-ass animation.
Their faces were just off a number of times and there were more than a couple off still frames. I found the scene with a close-up of Shiro in a pool of blood and Thoka's screams in the background and her offscreen transformation especially irritating. For a second I thought the video froze...

That being said, Miku is finally becoming more likeable and less annoyingly arrogant.
Kurumi owning that robot army all by herself is pretty badass.

Looking forward to the final episode and I hope Thoka will be rescued (from herself) and things wrap up nicely. Ending this season on some kind of cliffhanger would be disappointing as I'm not seeing myself reading the novels and waiting for another season would be an obvious pain in the ass.
Jun 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
Damn only 1 episode left. There better be plans for a 3rd season.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 7, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2013
Real shame with the budget ;/

BeatzMe said:

It wasn't from what I've heard. Ny1 to confirm?
DGemuJun 7, 2014 1:59 PM
Jun 7, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Shido you need to regenerate faster or the kingdom will be inverted.

Great episode!!!
Jun 7, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
I think this was my favorite episode of the season.

Can't wait to see the last episode.
Jun 7, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
DGemu said:
Real shame with the budget ;/

BeatzMe said:

It wasn't from what I've heard. Ny1 to confirm?

The first season averaged 8.3k disc sales per volume, which is quite good. DAL isn't Infinite Stratos or anything but it is safe to say that the show is making Kadokawa a healthy profit.
shigeru212Jun 7, 2014 8:01 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2011
Excellent episode, I really didn't notice any dip in quality on the animation, except for the pointless black censor in one scene and Tohka's lips being out of sync near the end. Mostly because I was too caught up in how EPIC it was.

Miku's grown on me, now that's she's being all tsundere and we find out about her tragic past. Plus, I'm a sucker for blue hair and huge boobs.

I do have to wonder what the hell happened to her at the end, though. She just kinda stood there and watched Shido get ran through. Maybe she got blocked off from the rest of them, and the glass in the isolation chamber seems to resist Spirit powers.

Kurumi continues to be freaking awesome. Too bad none of the Spirits decided to help out Origami in her fight, Kurumi clones included.

Only one more episode to go ... sad that this only got 10 episodes. Considering they had to pad out the beginning with fanservice and dates, though, I can understand not adding in another arc. I'm glad that we were able to get two thoroughly fleshed out arcs, at least.
Jun 7, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
"No one can replace Tohka" nice nice nice shidou!
Jun 7, 2014 10:51 PM
Jan 2011
Tohka... no matter how cute you are... WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?! Instead of trying to break the glass... just kill Ike... I mean the fucking retard is on that side of the glass anyways he kinda deserves to die... *sigh* by the way why the hell hasn't his stupid flame regen kicked in yet?

Oh and I agree with Straggy and just one more thing... it's not just thousands... I'd say it's even more... maybe tens of thousands or hell even hundreds of thousands. It didn't really say how many fans she had just that she was popular.
OmnicastJun 7, 2014 10:54 PM
Jun 7, 2014 10:59 PM

Sep 2010
shadedclan said:

This is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. She stood around doing nothing for way too long. A few posts say she tried to take control of Isaac and Ellen in the novel, but that doesn't really fix the problem that the anime didn't show it (at least not yet(?)).

Doing nothing to protect Shido from a powerful DEM wizard (Ellen) who seems to be subservient to a -man- (Isaac) doesn't seem like a logical action for Miku at all. >.>

I think I would have liked to see Maou Tohka (is that what I should be calling her?) for more than 1 episode, but glancing at the translation on baka tsuki, she gets less than 2 chapters, so it's not like the anime staff are condensing it. O.o

Omnicast said:
Tohka... no matter how cute you are... WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?! Instead of trying to break the glass... just kill Ike... I mean the fucking retard is on that side of the glass anyways he kinda deserves to die... *sigh* by the way why the hell hasn't his stupid flame regen kicked in yet?

Hm.... doesn't seem like a logical action in my opinion. Killing Isaac doesn't contribute anything to protecting Shido, and since Isaac has little, if any, combat ability, he's really not a priority target. Ellen would probably retaliate immediately by beheading Shido too. O.o
TakataJun 7, 2014 11:05 PM
Jun 7, 2014 11:41 PM
Jan 2011
Take him hostage then? *shrug*

Hmm seems like it's a better plan then just killing him. Wasn't thinking then since it was so facepalm worthy... anyways Ellen prioritizes smug bastard's face so it should work out in the end.
Jun 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
Honestly, I hate this bad guy not because he is one, it's because he basically has no motive other than to be evil and destroy the world. Then right at the end of the episode, he just starts to spout a bunch of nonsense (as of right now anyways). It's just... dumb and aggravating to me. Outside of that, I liked the episode and Miku's back story.
Jun 8, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2013
Seeing Miku's backstory, I don't dislike her as much, but why the hell did she just stand there while Shido was getting murdered?

Origami was pretty awesome as usual.

Downside for this episode was ,without a doubt, the animation quality.
Jun 8, 2014 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
I like Miku's character design. I think one of the best in DAL too bad she is yuri though.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 8, 2014 7:17 AM
Jul 2013
ResidentANM said:

Can't believe Miku just stood there while Shidou was being pierced by Ellen's sword...
What in the world has Tohka done?

that is exactly how i think,why did miku just stood there like nothing happen,shock?
Anyway,its easy to know what happen to tohka,she became crazy and turn into dark tohka in the ending song.Easy to guess.
Jun 8, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Benphyre said:
I like Miku's character design. I think one of the best in DAL too bad she is yuri though.

I'm sure Shido can change that xD

So now we learn Miku's past. I don't really dislike her anymore. And Tohka finally goes in inverse form. Guess we'll only have for one episode and I'm sure Shido will stop her by the power of words.

Hoping we find out what Kurumi is up to next episode because she just disappeared after last episode and I'm sure she's up to something.
Jun 8, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
Takata said:
shadedclan said:

This is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. She stood around doing nothing for way too long. A few posts say she tried to take control of Isaac and Ellen in the novel, but that doesn't really fix the problem that the anime didn't show it (at least not yet(?)).

Doing nothing to protect Shido from a powerful DEM wizard (Ellen) who seems to be subservient to a -man- (Isaac) doesn't seem like a logical action for Miku at all. >.>

I think I would have liked to see Maou Tohka (is that what I should be calling her?) for more than 1 episode, but glancing at the translation on baka tsuki, she gets less than 2 chapters, so it's not like the anime staff are condensing it. O.o

Omnicast said:

Hm.... doesn't seem like a logical action in my opinion. Killing Isaac doesn't contribute anything to protecting Shido, and since Isaac has little, if any, combat ability, he's really not a priority target. Ellen would probably retaliate immediately by beheading Shido too. O.o

Oh I was kind of disappointed they were going to wrap it up in one episode, but if it's that short in the LN, I guess I won't be too disappointed.
Jun 8, 2014 4:58 PM
Jun 2014
wow,Facts began to discover a little bit
Jun 8, 2014 7:34 PM
Dec 2013
Can't wait for the new episode,the shows getting interesting and awesome.Tohka can't stand anymore?I think she when turn to devil she lost all her memories and evil.though
Jun 8, 2014 8:04 PM
Jul 2013
the animation flunked big time

and shido you're getting whiny why?

i'm starting to hate you shido, now you're such a whiny b*tch~~~~~~~~~~
Jun 8, 2014 8:38 PM

Jul 2013
In the name of Holy Pancakes, what happened? o.o OMG! Miku, get yo lazy pretty bum over to the dying Shido and flipping save him like the powerful Spirit you are. OH MY GOD, like seriously. ;_; Oh god, Shidddoooo ;_; I'm just...too much feels...I don't know what to do. Poor Tohka. Why can't Yoshino fly into the building and save everyone? WHYYYYYY?!?!?!?! WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME ~_~
Jun 8, 2014 8:44 PM
Jun 2014
Im curious about this "Demon lord" that Isaac was speaking of. Good episode though, and a good cliffhanger for the season finale.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

127 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.