Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2014 8:10 AM
Feb 2014
NOTE: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS THAT MAY DESTROY ALL YOUR PERCEPTIONS ABOUT HAGANAI. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

By the way next vol is supposed to be the final.
Jun 6, 2014 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
Things are happening unbelivably fast when you are thinking how slow things were before vol 9. Slow , very slow .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, it did destroy all my perceptions about it.

Just what the heck is going on...?
Jun 6, 2014 2:43 PM
Oct 2012
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Just kick back, perceptions are not always reality, especially in this series.

This is just the natural continuation that happened in 9 after his confession to Sena and subsequent interrogation by Rika.
Jun 7, 2014 2:58 AM

Apr 2013
The thing is that I don't know what to think of Kodaka.

If all the spoilers above are true...

But all these spoilers are probably false.
Jun 7, 2014 5:06 AM
Feb 2014
YumeNoMonogatari said:
The thing is that I don't know what to think of Kodaka.

If all the spoilers above are true...

Judging from the photos I attached, unfortunately they seem to be very true..I haven't seen the entire book but those pages can not just be some daydream.
Jun 7, 2014 11:02 AM
Oct 2012
inter681 said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Judging from the photos I attached, unfortunately they seem to be very true..I haven't seen the entire book but those pages can not just be some daydream.

Oh, I have no doubt that they are true, I just know that based on the past, what is written isn't always what is going on.

Jun 7, 2014 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Holy fuck.

I hope number four is not true, and maybe number two.

Ughh. I want a third and final season so baaaad~
Jun 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:

These spoilers are facts , no doubt about it. It doesnt make sense to you because you dont know the details. I would call myself a fan if I had bought the DVD/LN/T-shirts or any fan specific items 'cuz a true fan supports his favorite thing . I tryed to buy the LN volumes , my country or atleast one of the main publishers dont have it , the shipment costs too much for my budget but you get what I mean. I really like this LN.
Once they are translated with vol 11 ,too maybe I'll have enough saves to buy all of them with the shipments taxes and all.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 7, 2014 4:01 PM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
inter681 said:

Oh, I have no doubt that they are true, I just know that based on the past, what is written isn't always what is going on.

Although Japanese is very ambiguous, and the situation you described does happen from time to time, I don't think it's the case here. Usually in LN authors use a question mark to indicate such intonation change. Also, from that photo we can see

Anyway Chinese translations are usually quick so I will wait until the context is out..
Jun 8, 2014 9:45 AM
Oct 2012
inter681 said:
^^

Yes, but this IS Kodaka we are talking about :-)
Jun 11, 2014 6:07 PM
Nov 2010
The spoilers are intentionally for shock value but the actual content flowed better and more believable, as long as you remove your shipping glasses.

Jun 12, 2014 2:18 AM
Jul 2012
Life is not so complicated.

Kodaka is the main protagonist. He chooses the girl at the end.
The girl who raised the most flags on him also gets him.

And to see which girl raised the most flags on him you have to think about happiness.

To win the heart of a person => you make someone happy with your decisions you make in your life.

And people who make the same decisions in their lifes are always attracted to each other.

For example: Sena bought Maria a ticket and Kodaka actually wanted to do the same at this moment but Sena was faster in her decision. At this moment she raised a huge flag on him.

Blushing about a girl because she looks cute is a normal reaction and that does not matter much. The girl who really makes him happy also gets him at the end.
Jun 12, 2014 2:37 AM

Apr 2013
mironicus said:
Life is not so complicated.

Kodaka is the main protagonist. He chooses the girl at the end.
The girl who raised the most flags on him also gets him.

And to see which girl raised the most flags on him you have to think about happiness.

To win the heart of a person => you make someone happy with your decisions you make in your life.

And people who make the same decisions in their lifes are always attracted to each other.

For example: Sena bought Maria a ticket and Kodaka actually wanted to do the same at this moment but Sena was faster in her decision. At this moment she raised a huge flag on him.

Blushing about a girl because she looks cute is a normal reaction and that does not matter much. The girl who really makes him happy also gets him at the end.

He was impressed by Yozora , too . But , look , he doesnt give a fuck.
He's ignorant and as some character said "if they dont want to come at you then I'll rush at them" and thats what Rika did . She kept in touch with Kodaka , showing her concerns and not acting ignorant thinking she will get attention just because they look cute (tip: Sena, Yozora , too , if I get the confirmation she's romantically interested) and thats just stinkying pretty bad of attentionwhoring.
FluffyFleshJun 12, 2014 6:34 AM
Jun 12, 2014 7:01 AM
Feb 2014
potplant said:
The spoilers are intentionally for shock value but the actual content flowed better and more believable, as long as you remove your shipping glasses.

Now that I have read the entire book, it generally goes as what you described and Kodaka seems less to be a bastard.
Jun 12, 2014 12:31 PM
Oct 2012
mironicus said:
Kodaka is the main protagonist.

A bit pedantic but no, Kodaka is the main character and he is the narrator, however that doesn't mean that he is the main protagonist. To give an example, Ishmael is the main character and narrator of Moby Dick, but Ahab is the main protagonist.

While 10 may have changed things, through 9 volumes that would be Yozora. Most of the movement in the novels has happened because of Yozora.

mironicus said:
He chooses the girl at the end.

In keeping in the spirit of the above, no he doesn't, he was chosen. That is why he isn't the protagonist. He has yet to initiate things.

mironicus said:
The girl who raised the most flags on him also gets him. ....The girl who really makes him happy also gets him at the end.

Or not, people are not that easy. Kodoka really hasn't come to grips with what he himself wants, that is why he is controllable by others.

Now things may have changed in 10 (which I will finally get and read this weekend), but it doesn't sound like it. Ultimately it is going to boil down to what happens with Yozora.
Jun 14, 2014 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
Just read the novel.

Thought it was a bit below average for the first 200 pages, but the scene where

Was absolutely brilliant and spot on, far from contradicting the previous nine novels it was the perfect climax of the entire series. Of course those who have studied Aristotle (hah, name drop) knows that quite a lot can still happen after the climax, but for a climax it was a touching scene.

Edit: Should add, confirmation that Yozora is the protagonist. Kodaka is hopelessly outclassed.
Jun 15, 2014 2:46 PM
Oct 2012
The ending of this novel as referenced above is true, however I think people have really missed what actually happened there. This ending is priceless, I have called this series a "deconstructionist harem" and that is exactly how the writer ended the book, with the perfect ending for it.

Jun 15, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
The ending of this novel as referenced above is true, however I think people have really missed what actually happened there. This ending is priceless, I have called this series a "deconstructionist harem" and that is exactly how the writer ended the book, with the perfect ending for it.

Why are you torturing me?!!!!
Why?!
You monster!
Now I want to get vol.9 and 10 so badly that I'd give anything for it!
Jun 15, 2014 3:34 PM
Oct 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
Why are you torturing me?!!!!
Why?!
You monster!
Now I want to get vol.9 and 10 so badly that I'd give anything for it!

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul to waste.

So "anything"? Maybe we can make a little deal, what I ask for is not too much of a thing, just that you sign a contract for a certain intangible article :-)
Jun 15, 2014 10:33 PM

Jan 2010
6. "school days" event happen on kodaka ( itou makoto )
Jun 16, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
shast007 said:
6. "school days" event happen on kodaka ( itou makoto )

Kodaka is not as retarded as Makoto , so please , dont compare a dirty shithead to an ignorant idiot.
Jun 29, 2014 11:51 PM

Feb 2009
So it seems like the new LNs are being released at a much slower rate than before. Are they longer than before to compensate, or will it really take 2 more years (2016...) to get 4 more volumes for a Season 3? o.o

Or will the anime go the route of OVA releases
Jun 30, 2014 2:50 AM

Dec 2013
seriously. No pic? just wtf
Jul 19, 2014 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
well this turned out way different.
Jul 1, 2015 6:11 PM
Oct 2012
NeedHelp56 said:
I wonder why this thread hasn't been more discussed or active? I suppose people are either disgusted by the ending or they just want to read without spoilers. Either way, coming late to the party but...

Do you really want to know?
Takuan_SohoJul 1, 2015 6:33 PM
Nov 13, 2015 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
WHAT THE FUKS GOING ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Is the author just being a total dick or what??
Nov 14, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
I'm still waiting a summary or anything on vol.11. I dont know any kanji or japanesse language aside those that I keep hearing and stuck in my head.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.