Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2009
This is the kind of anime that piss you off because you know it could have been made better!

That said for a second I thought that Arawn was going to give the "Kamina" (TTGL) speech to Riannon, and that dragon looks way to much to a pokemon!
Apr 29, 2010 7:45 AM

Dec 2008
i guess the main reason why this anime didint get a high score is that the events happened to fast or as if the season/production was rushed. :( it would have been better if they inserted more episodes n stuff XD

May 15, 2010 7:56 PM

Feb 2010
i was so close to dropping this series then it magically saved itself
Aug 13, 2010 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
I actually hated how different this was to the PC version of the game, especially the lack of Octavia being another or Arawn's wives and tally going on a journey with the dragons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2011 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
Well, a good show.. I was entertained a bit especially at the middle.. The problem would be the slow start and character development.. I'll give it an 8 coz I really like the animation!

The story is good.. I'm a sucker for Arthurian/greek/norse/fantasy stories so yeah sue me! hahaha! I don't like the pacing of the story though it's a little boring.. It also has a lot of loopholes that need to explain too... O.o I like Arawn and Octavia alot for the characters but the others are just so-so.. =P But the animation was smooth and topnotch so I gave that kind of score.. hehe.. I'm easy to please! ^^
Mar 23, 2011 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
8/10
You are null and void!
Feb 10, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2010
kage-bunshin said:
so its finally over, they destroy a giant cannon with a song, arthur becomes king of albion (all hail britannia! btw) and arawn and co. lives happily ever after, the end

basically this.

Oct 7, 2012 1:43 AM
Jan 2012
Well it was an enjoyable show for me I loved how they pulled the hole devil thing around if I where Arawn and that was heaven I would leave and start a rebelling and do the same thing that Arawn did all in all a 8/10 for me
Nov 10, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2008
Riannon turned out to be rediculously overpowered.

My only real complaint is how suddenly the tentacles would stop attacking while people were talking. Talk about a polite boss.
Jan 31, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
HawthorneKitty said:
I actually hated how different this was to the PC version of the game, especially the lack of Octavia being another or Arawn's wives and tally going on a journey with the dragons.

^Pretty much this. I didn't get any dere Octavia unlike in the PC, she is kuudere through and through. In this anime, she get to be BA for a few episode then reduced to little MorganxOctavia lesbian pair (less screentime too). Touka from Utaware is miles better than her.

Also the whole cursed prophecy for Taliesin, precisely the last part about him getting devoured by beast which is actually him feeds (or was it licked by?) his pet dragon is unexpected and somewhat acceptable lawl.

All in all, I give 6/10 for this series which I considered 5/10 before I changed my mind.

Maybe I'll try find some time to play the PC version again, haven't finished yet but didn't find any reason to continue it. The game is just there in the corner of my HD wasting space.
Feb 3, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2008
I still hate Riannon with a passion, so completely and utterly useless the whole show. Arawn was a great character but a completely expected him to die though its nice that he didn't.

5/10 for me.
Mar 20, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
Man I'm glad this series is over with, was so close to dropping it so often. The animation was quite nice and lots of cool looking enemies. But an entire cast of unlikable characters, how many fucking times can Riannon say "Arawn-sama" in a goddamn episode, nothing makes sense from start to finish including the retarded dialogues. I seriously never gave a goddamn about any of the characters. Well I'm just glad I saw some of the nice battles. Not as bad as the trainwreck Guin Saga but hardly enjoyable, 5/10 for me too.
May 3, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this series but the "REVIVAL" or whatever, of Taleisin was a big nono for me. I liked it but that kinda ruined it so im gonna give it a 5/10
Jul 10, 2014 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
Arawn has meany wife's but where is Arthur's wife? hes MC he needs to have Wife to!!!
Sugram22Sep 26, 2017 2:07 AM
Aug 3, 2014 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
^he's fit with Octavia
Aug 8, 2014 11:25 PM
Feb 2011
Anime started out well enough but I ended up skimming over the last 5-6 episodes. Arthur was annoying and cliched to hell. Actually most of this anime was cliched to hell.
Aug 12, 2014 11:13 PM

Mar 2009
WolfWood37 said:
I still hate Riannon with a passion, so completely and utterly useless the whole show.

This. She was so wishy-washy that she just annoyed me. As a general rule I don't dislike harems or reverse-harems but I was glad when they stopped pushing it in this show as it was just plain irritating.

All in all not too bad but I admit liking historical and mythological slants. It was a bit predictable since I knew them going in and the pacing did feel a bit off. I was generous and gave it a 7 but was probably a really only a little more than a 6.

Arawn calls Rhiannon his "wife" but is that a wife in name only? He treats her more like a kid or (I hate to say it) a cute pet. He seems more asexual to me and not really romantically interested in any of other the characters.
Sep 1, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2011
5/10

Meh, nothing special here, it got decent animation though. Utawarerumono was slightly better. Going to try both of their VNs and see if they are better than their anime counterparts.
Oct 1, 2014 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
I'd strongly recommend playing the original eroge pc game where they actually have romance and develop the relationship between Arawn and his wives. That was the biggest problem that I could see with this adaptation since one of the major points of the source material was the harem and the romantic connections between Arawn and it's members, nerfing the harem just turned this into another fantasy action show. Personally I would much rather have seen the interactions between each of women and Arawn that helped develop their characters and deepen their love for him. (The actual h scenes were just a bonus.) The changes they made to the final battle in this episode (it was probably about 75% anime original stuff) weren't bad, but the epilogue fell flat--largely because we had to shoehorn Arthur in, to justify him as main character. (Oh, and that tea that Limwris was serving before they set off to the final battle that she said she'd tell Rhiannon about when she returned? It actually contained herbs to help conception so that each of harem members would be more likely to have children with Arawn. For some reason they never picked that up again after that scene or offered an explanation.)
rodacOct 1, 2014 12:59 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 4, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
It was a nice jrpg style adventure anime.

I enjoyed the ride.

Too bad the harem aspect wasn't given much focus. What's more Octavia, wasn't one of Arawn's wives. What are the staff thinking?
Nov 30, 2015 9:19 AM
Sep 2011
Such a shit, never hated a Anime this much. That Arawn mongo got all the chicks and the mc ends up alone. More crap is not possible.
How can there be a happy end for this bastard and not the mc.
Jul 18, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf.. and it's over. The deus ex machina was strong with this one.

The game wasn't anything close to brilliant either and it had many boring passages but at leas the gameplay and character interactions were kinda nice. I gave the game 6.
This anime was even worse, many wasted opportunities and cheesy storytelling, the Arthur being the worst character who dragged everything down. Can't really say I hated it but it was a chore a times.

5/10 In the end, the series was nothing special. Average fantasy anime with nice animation and few good scenes, mainly in the middle of it, that's all.
Don't really recommend watching this if you have better series on you list.
Sep 8, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2017
So... does Arthur ever get with anyone?
Nov 8, 2018 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
Still the best Aquaplus/Leaf anime until now. Surely far from perfect, but at least it wasn't a total mess like the Utawarerumono adaptations. I do agree with most people that the harem aspect felt sorely lacking. Without it, Arthur lacked depth and was reduced to nothing more than a run-of-the-mill fantasy hero. Here's hoping the second game would receive a better adaptation.
Jun 29, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
I saw this a decade ago, skipped around by the second half on rewatch, characters are irritating and make dumb decisions and plot is dull. This is based on a game right? Can tell. The first half in the end is meaningless with the entrance of White Spirits and the fight with them did nothing for me. I'm confused how I gave this show a 7/10 first time around. I'll give it a 4 this time, its not good at all but not a horrific watch.
Dec 19, 2020 9:25 AM
Oct 2017
Wasn't expecting a King Arthur retelling & biblical heresy when I started this🤣

Arawn/Lucifer made this watchable and the bit of eye candy.
May 7, 2021 7:55 AM

Sep 2012
ShiroiRyu said:
Bah...
At the end, the only two womens who "love" Arawn is the archer and Riannon. ^^
In the PC game, all the womens love Arawn. :s
For the white spirits, in PC game too, we don't have information about that...
I think in the future PS3 game, we have information about that. ^^

archer/morgan has octevia they are lesbo couple so she it out of the picture
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Jul 2020
A nice chill ending to a relaxing fantasy. The best thing I enjoyed about this anime was the friendship of Octavia and Morgan, I just loved watching them interact
Also, I'd advise everyone against watching it dubbed.. I couldn't get used to the accents even after 26 episodes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.