Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2009 2:28 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The last episode of the "Tears to Tiara" anime is finally here.
Well, I honestly prefer the game ending to this one, but I can't complain too much because the animation in this was a heck of a lot better, despite the lack of feeling.

Since this IS the last episode, I guess discussing the PC & PS Game upto the end is FINE
Sep 28, 2009 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm.. this ending made me want to play the ps3 game for it ...
Sep 28, 2009 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
this anime ws pretty good i liked the happy ending
Sep 28, 2009 11:18 PM

Apr 2009
Yay!!! Loved how the whole battle turned out. Only question I have left is what becomes of the white spirits??? Oh and when the heck is Arwan and Riannon getting married? I wanted to see that!!! Oh well as well that ends well! GREAT Anime!
Sep 29, 2009 1:56 AM

Sep 2007
Bah...
At the end, the only two womens who "love" Arawn is the archer and Riannon. ^^
In the PC game, all the womens love Arawn. :s
For the white spirits, in PC game too, we don't have information about that...
I think in the future PS3 game, we have information about that. ^^
Sep 29, 2009 5:51 AM
Jan 2009
Only question I have left is what becomes of the white spirits???

For the white spirits, in PC game too, we don't have information about that...

Earth was already cut out of Heaven's influence during during the war of Pwyll & Arawn VS the white spirits.
It would have worked fine, but Lector, the white spirit sent on Earth to wipe out the Faeries survived the war and after the barrier erected by Arawn & Pwyll was unable to return to Heaven.

Basically the other 11 spirits are still in Heaven but are unable to affect Earth anymore, only Lector was capable because he was "trapped" there during the legendary war.
Sep 29, 2009 6:45 AM

Jun 2009
Hope it will have a RPG game for this in pc or psp hehe

Overall, the battle scene was amazing giving it a finale series yet something is missing

About the other white spirits, I guess there will be season 2 for this a new age perhaps dunno really but as long as the white spirits live (their main goal) but if that happens the story will just repeat

"Whether it is a game or anime or manga it is still far different from each other"

Ending scene:
Love the Taliesin x Epona moment
and a little for Morgan x Octavia
ZinvyOct 27, 2009 11:33 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 29, 2009 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
Another journey-type anime ended. I call it a journey because the first half of the series was borderline unwatchable (with Llyr trying to milk the cow and such), with the Octavia arc it got OK, the siege and afterwards was really good, and the ending was average. 6/10 with a little push to the average score.

It could have used at least one decent female character though. Even Octavia turned out to be kind of a letdown
Sep 29, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Well it has ended...alright ending.

I had high hopes for this anime in the begging. But it had quite a lot of up's & down's. I would like to give it an 8...but I think I'll have to give it a 7.

I can also only stand all the girls saying "Arawn!" so many times. And everyone saying "everyone".

And I don't know...something else felt off about some of the characters.
Sep 29, 2009 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
I thought the end was nice. This anime was just okay so it gets a 6/10
Sep 29, 2009 2:26 PM

May 2008
Good ending. I had it at an 8/10, but I had to change it to 7/10 because as it started getting near the end, I found myself getting a bit bored. Still a good series none the less.

Sep 29, 2009 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
Not the ending I wanted/anticipated. I really think Arawn needed to die to fully develop into a king, but oh well. Also, I felt like this episode wasn't dynamic enough to actually feel like a big finale.

As for the whole show, It's been quite solid and enjoyable. I only felt negatively about a few episodes, and since the harem aspect of the show fell by the wayside, I'm left with positive feelings overall.

7/10
Sep 29, 2009 3:09 PM
Feb 2009
I loved the ending! I'm so glad all the important characters and even Talliessin were still alive. I would have hated it if Arawn died again. I had to fight to hold back my tears while Arthur was getting crowned. I would love a sequel OVA or movie (something showing them going about their daily lives and maybe Arawn/Riannon's Wedding), but I doubt that'll happen.

I seriously need to speed up my Japanese learning and play the game.
BorbMizzetSep 29, 2009 3:13 PM
Sep 29, 2009 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
so its finally over, they destroy a giant cannon with a song, arthur becomes king of albion (all hail britannia! btw) and arawn and co. lives happily ever after, the end
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 29, 2009 7:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It's an okay ending. A bit fast, but well, at least it's a happy ending....

Nice animation though.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 29, 2009 10:22 PM
Dec 2008
Yeah, kinda cheezy, but still good, I guess...

Overall giving this a 7/10. It gave me that LOTR-ish feeling, which is a positive thing since it's one of my favorite movies and all.
Sep 30, 2009 12:46 AM

Apr 2008
not a bad ending ... its quite fine ...

Sep 30, 2009 1:41 AM

Mar 2008
Well, it's one of the better shows of that kind, but the last 3 episodes were pretty generic, lame and very corny, so I can only give a still good 7/10.

Overall it was a fun ride with several nicely animated battles and a somehow original harem with a cool main guy and many other nice characters (though I am not a big fan of Arthur). The story of the White spirits was interesting, too, though for they plot they just copied from ancient Greek stories like Prometheus breaking a taboo and giving fire to the humans (afterwards getting punished) and King Arthur drawing the sword out of the stone and becoming king and several others.
Sep 30, 2009 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
Well his name is Arthur and the gael tribe, so obvious playing on dark ages/medievil themes.

Some religious undertones about free will and choice.

Taliesin being "devoured" by his pet dragon.

Overall decent action and suprising to see Lector half submerged in that giant dragon head with like bones sticked out only for Arthur to finally get his revenge and happy build a new kingdom ending.

I was surprised Words of Power though didn't just destroy the entire beast but I'm glad Arthur got some action.
Sep 30, 2009 3:04 AM

Aug 2009
For me, i give 7/10

the starting story is good, but at the end part - i din found any excitement.
The Merkardis is like a stupid statue, shooting beams around nia >.<
not many action are involved in the last fight.

the graphic is good, especially when Rianno sang the Words of Power ^^

the best part in this episode is that i got to see octavia panic XD

Sep 30, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
The main problem with the ending is that "Secret spell to stop the ultimate evil, which one of them just happens to possess & awakens it at just the right momment to save the day" cliche. I liked the Game ending where everyone puts all there strength into beating Merkadis.
THAT is the point of the story, as Myrradin said: An ideal world is one where the residents work together to fight off foes & threats & the strong protect They couldn't interfere with the world as they could before, they can no longer make Absolute orders to the Denizens of the world (As they are only 11 in number).
There gains were: The world was corrupted with Gravitas, the only exception being Avalon. The Dragons, giants & Elves were nearly wiped out. 1 of the 2 heroes, Arawn had fallen in battle & the other, Pywll's lifespan had reduced drasically due to the exposyre to Gravitas. All these factors together left the humans unprepared for another attack.

In this war the last problem was dealt with as now Arawn & his friends would make sure this doesn't happen again. Also the Angels will be careful before going agains the ones who could kill one of their kind.
Sep 30, 2009 8:13 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Not the ending I wanted/anticipated. I really think Arawn needed to die to fully develop into a king, but oh well. Also, I felt like this episode wasn't dynamic enough to actually feel like a big finale.

As for the whole show, It's been quite solid and enjoyable. I only felt negatively about a few episodes, and since the harem aspect of the show fell by the wayside, I'm left with positive feelings overall.

7/10

Ya, I was very thankful that they stopped trying to push the harem at us in every episode. It's definitely became enjoyable once they stopped that. I was still pretty disappointed that not one of the women liked Arthur though. I was hoping Octavia liked him but that was tossed out right after her ark :(.
Oct 1, 2009 1:43 AM

Jan 2009
During this episode i had only one dilemma.Who will be the queen and at the same time,Arthur's wife.
(i didn't play the game but i knew it would end up like it did).
Well,i'm a little sad because there's no queen...
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Oct 1, 2009 3:48 AM

Aug 2008
Boneslasher said:
During this episode i had only one dilemma.Who will be the queen and at the same time,Arthur's wife.
(i didn't play the game but i knew it would end up like it did).
Well,i'm a little sad because there's no queen...
That's where Queen's Blade comes in next season
Oct 1, 2009 11:51 AM

Oct 2008
Although I like the fights in the last few episodes, I still find this anime disappointing.. I had high hope for it and Octavia, but in the end, I was just like, "wut?".. But I like that Merkadis, it was awesome..
Oct 1, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2007
I gave it a 6/10.

To tell you the truth, the whole story was a bit confusing. The plot was good, but in the end, with all the confusion, and lack to continuity I felt the most i could give it is a 6, even though the story could have been worth a 7 or 8.

At least, it's a happy ending.=D
Oct 3, 2009 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
Merkadis is cute, ain't.... "he"?, "it"? Can't possibly be a "she" anyway xD

Anyway, except for the bunch of cheesy lines every here and there, the so called "fight" between the "thing" and Arawn+Arthur, which was kinda short, and then the latter part, was pretty good.

Still, I don't like Riannon's voice, and neither Primula's voice xD..
Hey, it's not fun if Riannon's that overpowered >.>

So, I think Pwyll is cooler than Arthur, anyone with me? : D
But well, I guess Arthur isn't such a wuss anymore, he actually became a really cool guy in the end : D
Although he didn't get more than a mantle when being crowned king? (And the crown of course) He could've at least gotten some kind of new clothing, not the annoying clothes he'd worn up until now, they do not fit a king.

Anyways, now at last I've finished this one, and I gotta say, at first it seemed to be really good, then it dropped a bit in the middle, and rose above again in the end (not considering stuff like ressurected foes from the beginning =.='), so all in all, I'll give it an 8. The ending was pretty good too, since it doesn't crave a second season, which so many series to nowadays >.>
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 3, 2009 9:10 PM
Mar 2008
4/10

No.. Just no. The climactic battle did not feel climactic. Then the supposedly powerful white spirit ended being a huge disappointment. It looks like his only powers are weak psychic blasts and teleportation which just does not make for an exciting battle. Merkadis looked like a tentacle monster straight from some H anime with absolutely no mobility. I can't figure out how that thing can detroy the world since it can't hit anything on the other side of the globe. Overall a huge let down. To think I persevered through all that harem nonsense only to have this ending. At least Octavia did not become part of the harem like in the game so good for her.
Oct 4, 2009 5:15 AM

May 2009
The final battle wasn't that good but I liked the second half of the episode a lot. A very nice ending in my opinion.

7/10
Oct 4, 2009 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
man this ending sucked so much when compared with the video game

6/10 overall
Oct 4, 2009 8:23 AM
Dec 2007
I don't really know what to say about the ending, it was quite normal and expected. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The animation was good over the whole show, direction was mainly above average and 3 or 4 episodes were even great. The script was a bit simple in the first part, but then expanded into something mildly enjoyable from epsiode 14 onward. It was a quite good anime overall even if the previous adaptation by Oriental Light & Magic of an Aquaplus VN , Utawarerumono, was far better on every level. I don't know about the VN, but the anime clearly could have been better. 7/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 5, 2009 2:38 AM
Feb 2009
i just hope there would be a season 2 where the remainding white angels would come down to invade earth nestroy them to create a new age n its up to arawn n his gang to stop their invasion
Oct 5, 2009 2:39 AM
Jul 2009
Typical anime with typical ending.
Oct 7, 2009 5:57 AM

Sep 2009
i really liked the serie at the beginning but the last 3 episode disappointed me =(
had wished that it would end somehow different, but all in all 6/10 from me

ps. for some reason Arthur annoyed the hell out of me >.> i had never hated an anime chatacter so much like him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 9, 2009 3:23 AM

May 2009
I mean, wow, it was awesome how they cut that tentacle of Merkadis that was almost 5 to 6 times the diameter of their sword in one slash. Clean cut!
O_o

Gosh, this episode was so lame. This series turned out to be pretty lame. I lost interest 5 minutes into this episode. And the aftermath of the war was... bah! It was just too happy-happy and happy-go-lucky for me. It didn't turn out to be as mature as it could have been.

Graphics was good, so that's the only part where it gets a +1 from me. But still, 5/10.
They could have done so much. They didn't. The outcomes weren't realistic enough.
KundaliniOct 9, 2009 3:31 AM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 20, 2009 4:01 AM
Jul 2009
Finally finished it after so long... Nice ending.. Riannon pawns AHAHA!
Oct 25, 2009 2:41 AM
Feb 2009
aww expected a better ending
Nov 21, 2009 5:39 AM

Oct 2007
Overall I liked the series. It wasn't the top of the top and it didn't captivate me as much as other series but it was entertaining none the less. It did get better near the ending.

I did like the characters thou, especially Morgan and Olivia.

It gets a 7/10 from me.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Nov 29, 2009 11:15 PM

May 2008
It was a good ending..
Dec 2, 2009 12:47 AM

Oct 2008

Lucifer is defeated again!?

Mar 29, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2009
This is the kind of anime that piss you off because you know it could have been made better!

That said for a second I thought that Arawn was going to give the "Kamina" (TTGL) speech to Riannon, and that dragon looks way to much to a pokemon!
Apr 29, 2010 7:45 AM

Dec 2008
i guess the main reason why this anime didint get a high score is that the events happened to fast or as if the season/production was rushed. :( it would have been better if they inserted more episodes n stuff XD

May 15, 2010 7:56 PM

Feb 2010
i was so close to dropping this series then it magically saved itself
Aug 13, 2010 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
I actually hated how different this was to the PC version of the game, especially the lack of Octavia being another or Arawn's wives and tally going on a journey with the dragons.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2011 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
Well, a good show.. I was entertained a bit especially at the middle.. The problem would be the slow start and character development.. I'll give it an 8 coz I really like the animation!

The story is good.. I'm a sucker for Arthurian/greek/norse/fantasy stories so yeah sue me! hahaha! I don't like the pacing of the story though it's a little boring.. It also has a lot of loopholes that need to explain too... O.o I like Arawn and Octavia alot for the characters but the others are just so-so.. =P But the animation was smooth and topnotch so I gave that kind of score.. hehe.. I'm easy to please! ^^
Mar 23, 2011 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
8/10
You are null and void!
Feb 10, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2010
kage-bunshin said:
so its finally over, they destroy a giant cannon with a song, arthur becomes king of albion (all hail britannia! btw) and arawn and co. lives happily ever after, the end

basically this.

Oct 7, 2012 1:43 AM
Jan 2012
Well it was an enjoyable show for me I loved how they pulled the hole devil thing around if I where Arawn and that was heaven I would leave and start a rebelling and do the same thing that Arawn did all in all a 8/10 for me
Nov 10, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2008
Riannon turned out to be rediculously overpowered.

My only real complaint is how suddenly the tentacles would stop attacking while people were talking. Talk about a polite boss.
Jan 31, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
HawthorneKitty said:
I actually hated how different this was to the PC version of the game, especially the lack of Octavia being another or Arawn's wives and tally going on a journey with the dragons.

^Pretty much this. I didn't get any dere Octavia unlike in the PC, she is kuudere through and through. In this anime, she get to be BA for a few episode then reduced to little MorganxOctavia lesbian pair (less screentime too). Touka from Utaware is miles better than her.

Also the whole cursed prophecy for Taliesin, precisely the last part about him getting devoured by beast which is actually him feeds (or was it licked by?) his pet dragon is unexpected and somewhat acceptable lawl.

All in all, I give 6/10 for this series which I considered 5/10 before I changed my mind.

Maybe I'll try find some time to play the PC version again, haven't finished yet but didn't find any reason to continue it. The game is just there in the corner of my HD wasting space.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.