Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2009 4:35 PM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
And you enjoyed Today in Class 5 or something like that; besides, you gave Hetalia a 2...

Kyou no Go no Ni is fantastic! Kanamemo is nothing like that.

And yeah, my taste is a weird one and I watch almost anything. If I start watching any show, I usually watch it all the way through, no matter how bad it is.

In a way, I feel bad because I didn't like Kanamemo. Cute characters and Kugimiya Rie, what could have gone wrong?

edit: corrected the quote.
RolexiHOct 2, 2009 4:55 PM
Oct 2, 2009 7:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
underwhelming "ending" episode.

it had good episodes...and boring ones....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2009 9:03 AM

Jul 2009
The first part was hilarious with Mikas jealous outbursts and her riding that duck xD
Loved Kanas evil face.

Hope we'll get a season two became this show is warm, cuddly and really can make you laugh (^_^)
A bit more yuri would not hurt though ;)
Oct 3, 2009 9:26 PM
Feb 2009
thalandor46 said:
Haruka running off to buy Kana, and Yuki rushing in with Yume's notebooks. Had I been on the floor, I would have literally rofl'd at these moments.

Great happy ending, very satisfying series. I think 13 episodes was just right. There were a few points where I was starting to get tired of the same old antics. But overall, very enjoyable and smile-inducing show. 8/10
same with me, 8/10
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 7, 2009 9:41 AM

Feb 2008
Really enjoyed this series. Probably the cutest I have seen in a while.

Would love to see more, especially with Mika!

Oct 8, 2009 12:57 AM

Sep 2009
Very funny episode. This series was unexpectedly satisfying.
Oct 9, 2009 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
OMG this is the funniest episode of the series.

Haruka is as always funnier than ever, Kana and Mika racing scene is also hillarious !!

Pretty much an okay series but you can say this show not bat but also not too good. An average score probably would be fit. Nice series btw !

Oh yea, and i'm pretty sure the new person is a guy and he will get a harem of yuri and loli lol just kidding.

ONORE !! JOHNNY !!
Oct 20, 2009 3:08 PM

Oct 2007
Very nice ending of the series with lots of great MikaxKana scenes.

Also glad Yume got quite some screentime ~(^_^)~

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 27, 2009 4:02 PM

May 2009
So, did Mika suddenly develop a crush on Kana or something? For 'just a friend', she acted extremely jealous when the possibility of Kana having a lover was mentioned. AH well, I don't really care, it gave the episode more funny moments.

And yes, Johnny was probably the name of the goldfish. WOnder how MIka will respond to that.

HawthorneKitty said:
I'm still left to wonder why she was never reported missing, even though the anime isn't realistic... maybe too much drama would ensue if they tried to take her away. Either way, it was a cute and enjoyable anime. <3

Who would report Kana missing? Didn't she become an orphan after her grandma died?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2009 7:38 AM

Aug 2008
the 2 best parts... Haruka & Haruka, lol.
Haruka: I want you, Kana
Kana: (mumbling to self) 2,980 yen
Haruka: Cha~Ching *dash to room and grabs money*

Haruka: Kana~ Say mean things to me...

Oct 31, 2009 10:27 PM

Sep 2009
Finally I was able to see the last few episodes. I couldn't find them for a while there!

Really enjoyed this series for what it was. I wasn't expecting much of a plot, so I was okay with that. Plus I knew what I was getting myself into, so that just made me happy that the show could fulfill my expectations in some regard. All in all, a fun little animation to watch when you're not feeling particularly in the mood for anything serious.

7/10 ^-^
-
Nov 18, 2009 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Hm, I'mma rank this in my top 5 slice of life anime. God I loved this show.
Nov 21, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2007
Hm all in all, I guess this show wasn't what I would call exceptional. But somehow I still ended up enjoying it a lot. A lot of single scenes especially that made the whole mix. So, that, and Horie Yui as funny character and as ending theme singer made me give this a 8/10 after all. Wouldn't mind a second season either ; )
Nov 21, 2009 7:22 PM
Jun 2008
Who's Johny??
Jan 14, 2010 12:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was such a funny series, I really enjoyed it.

The BARRIER! BARRIER! scene was probably the best, it made me burst out in laughter. A very good 8/10 from me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 12, 2010 12:44 PM

Jan 2010
Many good animes have poor endings...
kanamemo isnt one of these animes.

I loved the way the things went.

the whole series was very good. there was veru funny moments,
but some was sad, dramatic and (ill use a therm im portuguise since i cant find a similar in english) emocionante.
it was very cute to see kana find her grandmpother in that girl, at the festival...
and kana changed a little since the begin...

9/10

i hope they make a second season
Qual que foi?! Tá embaçando? Te chamo pro caroço!
Jun 29, 2010 1:19 AM
Dec 2009
Hilarious, Johnny made my day..
the part with Kana is lulzy
Jan 29, 2011 6:45 AM

Dec 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this series from beginning to end; and was actually quite upset when I realised that, after watching episode 10, I only had 3 more episodes left to watch. A satisfying end nonetheless, with Mika's jealousy selling it xD
Mar 20, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
It ended nicely. Overall I like the series but it wasn't anything special or memorable.
Jul 19, 2011 3:22 AM

Jun 2011
Not a bad way to end the series. Awful nice of the girls to pitch in and help Kana get the diary. I'd like to see another season. And more Yume x Yuuki moments.
Jul 31, 2011 2:24 AM

May 2009
cyruz said:
That was such a funny series, I really enjoyed it.

The BARRIER! BARRIER! scene was probably the best, it made me burst out in laughter.
I had to cover my mouth and pause it to keep from literally LOLing since it was the middle of the night. Overall, a fun little series! It just needed more Mika (Rie)!!!
Sep 24, 2011 4:46 PM

Dec 2006
I laughed a lot in this last chapter x3!!
my favorite scene:

Kanamemo completely filled my expectations , I was looking for a relaxing slice of life with moe, nice characters, nice plot (yuri was an extra *o*) and all these things made it a really enjoyable anime for me 9/10 (I wanted more KanaMika xD).
Jun 5, 2013 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
The series was adorable although some ecchi moments here and there kinda mixes it in the wrong way. Finale episode was okay I guess. Nice song at the end there.

Kinda wish they did something out of this world for the finale though to go out with a bang. 5/10.
Stark700Jun 5, 2013 7:23 PM
Jun 16, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Well that sure wasn't a bad ending, it was an open ending but well it was a sweet one! I really enjoyed watching this series, it was very suiting and just great in one word!
Aug 19, 2013 2:12 PM
Jul 2013
-cheska- said:
great show, the 'johnny' part made me laugh so hard..
still hoping for s2..

Same here (probably not going to happen or not anytime soon), just gonna go into the manga to get me some more Kanamemo.

Really enjoyed this, going to be rewatching it.
Nov 12, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
With some nice characters and some funny comedy I enjoyed this show. 7/10
Jan 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2013
Well this last episode gave me full of laughs. LOL Mika jealous over this Johnny guy taking Kana away from her XD. Haruka wants buy Kana, and saying abusive words randomly. And wrap things up when for getting that expensive diary and new employees coming in for the job.

8/10 nice season overall.

Oct 14, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
damn you johnny...
Nov 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
I love how Johnny was actually woven into the story, good job! Mika-chan seemed awfully concerned with Kana getting a boyfriend though, I wonder why :P A very nice ending to the series, loved hearing the full ED song, plus it had a good mixture of finishing the story, while ensuring us that the adventure continues. 5/5.

I can only praise the creators of this show. A very relaxing slice of life anime that did what it wanted it and in a good way, while not striving to be more. Sure, there were serious moments thrown in here and there, but I for one was never irritated by Kana's uncertainty, if anything, her uneasiness about one day saying goodbye to the gang felt like a rather realistic portrayal of someone whose personality is like hers.

The characters were all lovely, and in this show, I genuinely felt that there was real chemistry between the people at Fushin shinbu, my kudos to the VAs who all gave a superb performance. And I can't stress the last bit enough. A canon lesbian couple (both of them being adorable) who are openly affectionate towards each other, with no drama or hetero-stuff thrown in. Probably the best yuri couple I've seen in anime as a whole. Solid 8/10, will definitely rewatch in the future.
Mogami-kunNov 18, 2014 2:24 PM
Mar 12, 2016 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
Good anime it was. I really enjoyed it. Only sad thing is that I have to read Manga. I dont have any hope for season 2, my gut feeling tells me this.
“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
May 4, 2016 2:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
HawthorneKitty said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm still left to wonder why she was never reported missing, even though the anime isn't realistic... maybe too much drama would ensue if they tried to take her away. Either way, it was a cute and enjoyable anime. <3

That is one of the anime biggest inconsistences, first 10 minutes of the show dont make any sense, they seem too forced just to built structure to the actual plot, I get the grandma dying, but you just dont run out of the house, like that never to came back, and people just forget you, the movers should had like reported to the police or something.

Enjoyable watch if you like light comedy and yuri yuru, too much else though.
7/10
Jun 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
5/10. It was just boring. Direction is lacking awfully bad. Haruka literally destroyed this series. Take a note - I love slice of life and cgdct. This one is just not worth watching. Unnecessary fanservice. Usually I don't mind fanservice at all, but not here.
In the other hand, art is beautiful, backgrounds are well drawn and animation is really good for this kind of series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 11, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed this very much. It was a super cute show with a lot of heart. I wouldn't mind seeing more, but seeing that it was made in 2009, I doubt I will.

7/10
Apr 3, 2018 9:20 AM

Mar 2016
I pretty much watched this to see girls deliver newspapers, figuring that gives an opportunity for the comedy to branch out infinitely (different people, areas around town, etc.). But that didn't happen. Whenever the comedy tried to be original and creative, it worked, but for the most part they focused too much on character gimmicks, which would have been fine if they were interesting. Kana's imagination is a gold mine, but was severely underused. Haruka was shit. I liked the designs and backgrounds.

Also: yahho.
syncrogazerApr 3, 2018 9:26 AM
May 4, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2007
Laughed so hard with Mika getting jealous of "Johnny". :p

Enjoyed this and hope to see them again in season 2.
Apr 3, 2021 2:07 PM
Jun 2016
Damn, that was a nice trip from one of my favourite, yet obscure anime. I was honestly expecting more for the last episode since that's what always happens for other series, but this was quite pleasant as well. Nice to see that the full version of the ED played for this episode.

Well, I guess I'd move on to the manga of this show.
Jun 1, 2021 1:32 AM

Feb 2020
It was a cute show although far away from being my favorite CGDCT. The overall atmosphere was nice and relaxing and most of the jokes were good.

I liked the characters expect for Yume and Yuuki. They were a little annoying in my opinion. That spinning robot was also a very random and it didn't add anything to the show. Less them and more Marimo would have been awesome. I really loved her character.

All those cats were also absolutely adorable. <3

7/10
SerafosJun 21, 2021 7:14 AM
Jun 30, 2022 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
All in all, I enjoyed the anime.. Kana is poor girl, being often anxious or influenced with being left alone thoughts.. And yuri couple Yume and Yuuki.. Maybe these moments I enjoyed in anime the most.. Sweet and depressing..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

paskyx - Jul 26, 2009

79 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 2, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Jul 6, 2009

79 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 12 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 20, 2009

29 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 11:29 AM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 11 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 13, 2009

28 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kanamemo Episode 10 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2009

22 by Gendolfas »»
Jun 30, 2022 7:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.