Forum Settings
Forums

The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Discussion Thread!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (118) « First ... « 116 117 [118]
Jul 14, 2014 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
RomeoXD said:

Ummm no, ochoa and romero are terribly overhyped. Ochoa had just one good game in his life and that happened to be against brazil.

I don't think so. Ochoa did some very hard saves, against Holland too. He only got leaked in the last minutes.

RomeoXD said:
And romero wtf did he do? Just saved two penalties all tornament.

Argentina was one of the less leaked defenses on the entire tournament, within Costa Rica.
Argetina = 3 goals Costa Rica = 2!
And this was played by a high role to Romero too, none mistake commited by him.

RomeoXD said:

However navas is a great prospect but c'mon he's not on the same level as neuer. Btw I'm not saying that neuer is the best gk in the world.

Man, you need to luck to WC only not club teams, or world. And yeah Neuer is pretty much within the best GK on the world.

RomeoXD said:

I would prefer Courtouis over Neuer any day of the week. Yeah you can say that he's a good sweeper keeper or whatever but we ain't talking about sweepers here, we're talking about goalkeepers. And neuer is way more mistake prone than courtouis.

I know, i like a lot of GK from over the world. I think the sweeper skill made him very complete.
Btw, Neuer did more mistakes than Romero, just saying.
I still think Navas deserved more, look at his team dude, 2 goals in the entire tournament?? 1 from penalty(URU) and another made by ITA.
And he was working the entire match, saving most of the time. Against Holland, he hold it, Robben, Van Persie, Sneidjer, blasting his goal everytime and he saving.

In the other hand, they FIFA commited a crime against Germany, BallonD'Our to Messi, instead of Muller, Kross, Schwatzteiger, any player from Germany did a better cup than >>> Messi.
What about Rodriguez??

My point is, WC = WC. No matter if CR7 or Messi are the bests, or Neuer was the best before the cup.
In the Cup. The best goalkeeper = Navas. The best player = Best From Germany x Rodrigues x Robben!
I think they get biased by the past of the players...

Anyway, talking about the two, Messi was more "unfair" than Neuer, like i said, Neuer still can be acceptable. But Messi?? NOO!
Jul 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
RomeoXD said:
grandy_UiD said:

Goes to show once and for all that you have no and I mean absolutely NO clue about football. Jesus.

Ummm no, ochoa and romero are terribly overhyped. Ochoa had just one good game in his life and that happened to be against brazil. And romero wtf did he do? Just saved two penalties all tornament. However navas is a great prospect but c'mon he's not on the same level as neuer. Btw I'm not saying that neuer is the best gk in the world. I would prefer Courtouis over Neuer any day of the week. Yeah you can say that he's a good sweeper keeper or whatever but we ain't talking about sweepers here, we're talking about goalkeepers. And neuer is way more mistake prone than courtouis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHolIsV0ZGg
Jul 14, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2007
lol Goetze made and awful tournament and he scores the winning goal, oh well, that is all it takes from a great player, one moment of brilliance and all is forgotten, something Messi lacked in the knock out matches, the final free kick said it all.

At least Germany won, since I watch a lot of Bundesliga and I suspect the commentators on tv here of having the german flag framed in their house, I can only imagine what they would have said if Germany lost once again.

Also lol again, just checked to see the individual awards for this WC, not surprisingly Neuer won the Golden Glove, would have preferred a different goalkeeper, imo there were more impressive ones at this WC, but oh well, what is funny is Messi winning the Golden Ball, wow, seriously!?
For me at least, the best player of this WC was James Rodriguez, he also imo scored the best goal.
Robben was also impressive but too much diving from him.
Jul 14, 2014 2:53 AM

Mar 2012
Sturmwalzer said:
well i'm happy, been drinking for couple of hours now to celebate this victory,maybe i'm biased, but damn, if germany didn't deserve the title who the hell did..

Nah, they pretty much deserved!!! Within any doubt, the best team of the tournament!!

Nice video!!!!

Zero said:
lol Goetze made and awful tournament and he scores the winning goal, oh well, that is all it takes from a great player, one moment of brilliance and all is forgotten, something Messi lacked in the knock out matches, the final free kick said it all.

At least Germany won, since I watch a lot of Bundesliga and I suspect the commentators on tv here of having the german flag framed in their house, I can only imagine what they would have said if Germany lost once again.
Also lol again, just checked to see the individual awards for this WC, not surprisingly Neuer won the Golden Glove, would have preferred a different goalkeeper, imo there were more impressive ones at this WC, but oh well, what is funny is Messi winning the Golden Ball, wow, seriously!?
For me at least, the best player of this WC was James Rodriguez, he also imo scored the best goal.
Robben was also impressive but too much diving from him.

THIS!!!

Btw, i'm glad that despite some cancers, there still smart people that understand football!!
I thought the same thing about Messi. He dind't deserved the Golden Ball more than Rodriguez, that goal against Uruguay, that was Impressive Skill!!!!
Is was a wonderful goal, of the best of that WC indeed.
Jul 14, 2014 3:58 AM

Sep 2013
goldslash said:
C-Core said:
The normal penalties would never happen unless the defense messed up. Neuer not even getting the opportunity to save a penalty in the whole tournament because of Germany's performance in both offense and defense is proof of this, so adding penalty shootouts to make Navas the better keeper of the tournament is hardly fair.

*facepalm* It's what i'm saying the entire time. GK from more strong teams have less opportunities, less work, therefore it's more "easy" to be a GK from a Germany, instead of a Mexico or Costa Rica, or any weak team. So your point it's that the entire prize it's unfair.
What Neuer would do playing in Mexico or Brazil... NOTHING!

And there's no such thing as "fair" in the football.
It's like saying the team helped the forward, so it's why he scored more goals, so he don't deserved the prize, because other forwards don't had the same opportunities, its "unfair".

Navas was the best GK because of his defenses, nothing more and if he plays in a weak team and had more opportunities to "defend" don't matter. He was the best.
Both OCHOA and NAVAS played a higher role to the team than NEUER.
So they deserved more the prize, that is being fair.

First of all, you're making assumptions that are supposed to validate your argument, but if's and would's are useless. Neuer doesn't play for Mexico for Brazil, so claiming Neuer would do nothing if he was Mexican/Brazilian is based on your bias that he didn't deserve the Golden Gloves unlike Navas. I can claim just the same, but I don't because it's pointless.

It's arguable whether Navas deserved it more than Neuer. Neuer's greatest role was against Algeria, before Portugal lost Pepe he blocked every shot he had to block and he made great saves against Brazil and France. Neuer's defense was also solid and his blocked shot percentage was on par with Navas. All the goals Germany received weren't his fault, same with Navas.

You refuse to accept any other opinion and everyone who disagrees with you apparently has no idea of football.

goldslash said:
C-Core said:

It's the same thing with penalty shootouts, --snip and are often luck-based to replace the "flip a coin" crap from 40-50 years ago.

Penalty = Lucky? Okay you just prove that you don't understand football at all.

A goalkeeper very often has to guess correctly where the opponent will shoot. How is that not partially luck-based? Often Luck-based =! completely lucky, but it seems your English is too shitty to understand the difference. If I don't understand football, then you apparently understand even less.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 17, 2014 8:52 AM
Jul 14, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 2013
AcceleratorAngel said:
We germans are going to destroy erveryone in our group. ;)

No sooner said than done.

Jul 14, 2014 5:35 AM

Mar 2012
C-Core said:
goldslash said:

*facepalm* It's what i'm saying the entire time. GK from more strong teams have less opportunities, less work, therefore it's more "easy" to be a GK from a Germany, instead of a Mexico or Costa Rica, or any weak team. So your point it's that the entire prize it's unfair.
What Neuer would do playing in Mexico or Brazil... NOTHING!

It's like saying the team helped the forward, so it's why he scored more goals, so he don't deserved the prize, because other forwards don't had the same opportunities, its "unfair".

Navas was the best GK because of his defenses, nothing more and if he plays playing* in a weak team and had more opportunities to "defend" don't matter. He was the best.
Both OCHOA and NAVAS played a higher role to the team than NEUER.
So they deserved more the prize, that is being fair.

I don't wanna quote every sentence. You don't get the point sa can be seen in your first paragraph. And you goes hypocryte??
("it's unfair having less opportunities or not going to penalty shootout because the defense and attack were good.......") But it's "fair" when they didnd't get massacre Neuer by shoots, like Holland did to Coast Rich and the attack are playing badly, it's like they dind't exist...

"Neuer not even getting the opportunity to save a penalty in the whole tournament because of Germany's performance in both offense and defense is proof of this, so adding penalty shootouts to make Navas the better keeper of the tournament is hardly fair."
Excluding his performance is even worse and most unfair.
My entire statement was to just prove the "opportunities" that you were saying. The common sense is, playing to a weak team GK gonna have more "opportunities" to do savings, but the forward less "opportunities", the stronger team are the contrary.

So you can't made the excuse to explain Navas performance on penalty like you did = "Klose is only good because of the midfield that make a lot of golden opportunites to score, so it's the reason why he scored so much".
Look it's basically the same shit you saying about Navas!! No matter if a GK have more opportunities than another.
Matter what he did with them, Navas, Ochoa did a lot of saves, awesome ones and in numbers(Navas), more than Neuers.

Navas = 2 goals , Neuer = 4 goals.
It's already been proved all over the topic, that Navas, Ochoa or Romero, could have won as Neuer.

About the if and would i will bold them and sum...
OMFG!! Two!!!! And the last could be entire erased with no harm, because the condition weren't the point, the "less opportunities = unfair" that you said were. Like i said, it's only a failed excuse, to deny, the Navas saving, making him less for what he did.

C-Core said:
It's the same thing with penalty shootouts, --snip and are often luck-based to replace the "flip a coin" crap from 40-50 years ago.

C-Core said:
A goalkeeper very often has to guess correctly where the opponent will shoot. How is that not partially luck-based?

You going full contradictory now??It's that the card you will play.
Luck based become partially luck-based(with GK guessing). Hahaha! THIS IS SKILL!
Lottery = excuse for losing a penalty shootout.

Penalty = SKILL!!! TRAINING!!! GK knows the favorite sides the player will shoot and there's no guessing, there's cold reading, the distance, the foot, the eyes, everything can point to the right direction. Btw, Krul is awesome in this skills, just because he jumps later, not before like some GK. The only problem with him was his speed, but still. I see as skill not lucky.
It's why Cilessen = lost. Krull = win, because their skill in penalty shootout...They are on different levels.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 17, 2014 8:57 AM
Jul 14, 2014 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
Since you seemed to miss this:

C-Core said:
often luck-based

You saw the luck-based and ignored the often. Players say it depends on your luck, you say it depends on skill. I agree with those who say it's more often based on one's luck than one's skill and this is where people differ. So when Iker Casillas or Sergio Romero said penalties involve luck, would you say they were just talking shit?

Besides, Tim Krul's penalty stats in the daily league business weren't impressive at all. In four years he saved two penalties out of 20. Very awesome skills and plausible for Van Gaal to substitute him. Van Gaal would have become a laughing stock if his gamble hadn't worked. And of course Costa Rica's shooters were the same as Argentina's. Not. Vlaar and Sneijder's penalties against Romero were neither hard nor accurate. Neither were Umaña's or Ruiz' against Krul.

goldslash said:
Navas = 2 goals , Neuer = 4 goals.
It's already been proved all over the topic, that Navas, Ochoa or Romero, could have won as Neuer.

Navas = 5 matches, 3 shutouts, most players mostly staying in their own half. Neuer = 7 matches, 4 shutouts, defense playing on a high line. All played against different teams who differed in goal scoring skills, too. But comparing this isn't gonna lead to anything. Apples and oranges.

What I am saying is that Navas isn't clearly better than Neuer to make one feel queer that Neuer and not him at the end won the Golden Glove. There were other goalkeepers I expected to also be nominated, like Howard, but the one who impressed me the most was Neuer.

The whole trophy is overly subjective, I'm not denying it. Navas was three times the man of the match, which showed that the officials knew how important he was for Costa Rica to advance so far. I recognize Navas' performances in the tournament and he was the star of his team, who very often alone kept them alive, but I didn't think he was any better than Courtois or Neuer. Above everything, Costa Rica's defense and their advancement in the tournament, which was also dictated by their manager Pinto and of course Navas, was surprising.

I was not surprised by Neuer's saves nor by Germany at least making it to the semi-finals, but not less impressed. The officials gave him the trophy for making it to the final and keeping a clean sheet. I think that is likely, and any other world-class keeper, who would have taken Neuer's place probably would have won the trophy too, that we can agree on.

However, Neuer already proved at Schalke how he alone kept his team, which was at times mediocre at best compared to their opponents, alive with his saves. (Paraphrased) "Neuer played for a great team, he never would have won the Golden Glove if he had played for Costa Rica or Honduras, so that's why Romero, Ochoa and Navas >> Neuer, haha" is illogical.

About the rest... From the start I said it's opinion-based. If you disagree with this, then I'll just disagree with your disagreement and end this discussion now as it will lead to nowhere. Agree to disagree or not, I don't care. This is my final reply. I have said what I had to say. Enjoy your frustration that Neuer and not Navas got the Golden Glove. He will very likely become IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper of the year again.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 9:00 AM
Jul 14, 2014 9:27 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kalypze said:
Messi played like shit. You could say Argentina played with 10 players, not 11. I can't believe he got that fucking award.

Congratulations Germany!!

Messi and Robben didn't deserve the Golden and Bronze award. IMO, James Rodriguez and Thomas Mueller played better overall than Messi. Even in Group Stage, Messi wasn't spectacular as James or Mueller.

Jul 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
Messi played three world cups and lost against Germany three times. That's just though luck.
I'm glad we won!
Jul 14, 2014 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
RomeoXD said:
grandy_UiD said:

Goes to show once and for all that you have no and I mean absolutely NO clue about football. Jesus.

Ummm no, ochoa and romero are terribly overhyped. Ochoa had just one good game in his life and that happened to be against brazil. And romero wtf did he do? Just saved two penalties all tornament. However navas is a great prospect but c'mon he's not on the same level as neuer. Btw I'm not saying that neuer is the best gk in the world. I would prefer Courtouis over Neuer any day of the week. Yeah you can say that he's a good sweeper keeper or whatever but we ain't talking about sweepers here, we're talking about goalkeepers. And neuer is way more mistake prone than courtouis.

Have you even watched Ochoa play when he was with Club America? He had a lot of good games when he was young so that isn't the only good game he played.
Jul 14, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
SweetKotomi said:
Kalypze said:
Messi played like shit. You could say Argentina played with 10 players, not 11. I can't believe he got that fucking award.

Congratulations Germany!!

Messi and Robben didn't deserve the Golden and Bronze award. IMO, James Rodriguez and Thomas Mueller played better overall than Messi. Even in Group Stage, Messi wasn't spectacular as James or Mueller.
Say wut. James and Mueller just score, and while they're very good at it, the other two, Messi and Robben, are definitely more experienced in dribbling and creating chances than neither of those two. Not to really criticize Mueller or Rodriguez, as they're already Gold/Silver Boots, but the Ball reward goes to players that do more than just score, but creating opportunities and dribbling the ball. From a neutral perspective, I've seen Messi and Robben does this more than Rodriguez and Mueller. A brilliant striker fully take advantages of the opportunities given, but a brilliant player all around would not only take advantage but create the opportunities.
TachiiJul 14, 2014 4:57 PM
Jul 14, 2014 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
C-Core said:

Navas = 5 matches, 3 shutouts, most players mostly staying in their own half. Neuer = 7 matches, 4 shutouts, defense playing on a high line.

I said a hundred of times, Navas = 2 shutouts, i ain't lying or being biased, lmao.
Loot at Costa Rica matches = 3x1(URU), 1x0(ITA), 0x0(ING), 1x1(GRE), 0x0(HOL).
Now do the easy sum.
You are appealing for everything, changing the fact. It's allowed to lie over data??
I mean what's the point of changing the data??
Jul 14, 2014 4:57 PM

Oct 2009
US champs 2018
Jul 14, 2014 5:06 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:

Say wut. James and Mueller just score, and while they're very good at it, the other two, Messi and Robben, are definitely more experienced in dribbling and creating chances than neither of those two. Not to really criticize Mueller or Rodriguez, as they're already Gold/Silver Boots, but the Ball reward goes to players that do more than just score, but creating opportunities and dribbling the ball. From a neutral perspective, I've seen Messi and Robben does this more than Rodriguez and Mueller. A brilliant striker fully take advantages of the opportunities given, but a brilliant player all around would not only take advantage but create the opportunities.

Lmao, you implying that James is just a scorer?? He is one with the most assists in this cup.
Two only in Japan Match, for Jackson score. Look at the list:

Juan Cuadrado(COL) = 4
Thomas Müller(ALE) = 3
Toni Kroos (ALE) = 3
Daley Blind(HOL) = 3
James Rodriguez(COL) = 3

Where's Messi? You can search by your own, but i doubt that the list is gonna change
Messi was more offensive than Rodriguez. He was the mind of Colombia.

And if it's just creating opportunities, let's say so that Neymar deserved, he is awesome of creating opportunies, but after that he shoots out of the goal or misses the pass!!
In conclusion, i think it's for both(score, assist and creating) so still Thomas Muller and James Rodriguez win, what's the next excuse?
Jul 14, 2014 5:17 PM

Jan 2012
I have to agree with Tachii here and I've already stated my reasons. Messi or Robben deserved it. I honestly think it was a fair decision.
Jul 14, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
Tachii said:

I must say, the bit in bold did give me a nice laugh. Mueller doesn't "just score". On top of his clinical finishing, he's also two-footed, assists, creates chances, had possibly the best movement of any player in the World Cup and consistently puts in a major shift. One moment he'll be up top terrorising defenses, the next he'll be clearing a ball from his own penalty area. Similar can be said for Rodriguez. His ball control, finishing, vision, movement, work rate and created chances have all been fantastic. For a player to go out in the quarter finals and still be the leading goal scorer is quite the achievement. He is a very intelligent player, and along with Mueller was far more deserving of the Golden Ball than Messi. He is considered by many to be the "best in the world" and he just didn't show enough to earn the award IMO. Robben, on the other hand, was arguably the player of the tournament up until the knockout rounds. Unfortunately, both he and his team became less impressive as the tournament wore on.
Jul 14, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
goldslash said:

In conclusion, i think it's for both(score, assist and creating) so still Thomas Muller and James Rodriguez win, what's the next excuse?
They aren't excuses. It's what I observed. The thing about Mueller is simply his entire team works perfectly smoothly in terms of offense. They really emphasize and makes what Muller do even better. Meanwhile, Messi is a threat on his own, and the one thing I noticed is how often Messi gets triple teamed in Argentina's 0:0 matches, which I've not seen nearly as much as any other player. The thing I see in Argentina and Netherlands is that the team utterly relies on these two for offense. Without them, literally nothing will happen for the match. I guess Rodriguez would fill this role too on his team. But for Muller, I simply don't see this reward going to him, unfortunately because his team is already excellent with offense. To be honest, I'd assume they simply couldn't give different awards to the same person, thus Messi got the Ball award. If I watched all the Columbian games, I'd probably vote for Rodriguez too.

PS: The Golden Boot award is given based on assists + goals. The Golden Ball award is pretty much an arbitrary award based on whatever the technical group would qualify as being the "best" that somewhat encompasses the Boot but including leadership and some other random factors as well.
TachiiJul 14, 2014 5:32 PM
Jul 14, 2014 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:
They aren't excuses. It's what I observed. The thing about Mueller is simply his entire team works perfectly smoothly in terms of offense. They really emphasize and makes what Muller do even better. Meanwhile, Messi is a threat on his own, and the one thing I noticed is how often Messi gets triple teamed in Argentina's 0:0 matches, which I've not seen nearly as much as any other player. The thing I see in Argentina and Netherlands is that the team utterly relies on these two for offense. Without them, literally nothing will happen for the match. I guess Rodriguez would fill this role too on his team. But for Muller, I simply don't see this reward going to him, unfortunately because his team is already excellent with offense. To be honest, I'd assume they simply couldn't give different awards to the same person, thus Messi got the Ball award. If I watched all the Columbian games, I'd probably vote for Rodriguez too.

The same happens from Brazil, they only rely on Neymar, i think it's sad =/
James played a high level on that WC, i've the same thought as spyro.
He is considered by many to be the "best in the world" and he just didn't show enough to earn the award IMO.

But i respect your oppnion, though;
Tachii said:

PS: The Golden Boot award is given based on assists + goals. The Golden Ball award is pretty much an arbitrary award based on whatever the technical group would qualify as being the "best" that somewhat encompasses the Boot but including leadership and some other random factors as well.

As far i know the Golden Boot it's only goals. Assists don't count for it!!
I don't know if it's arbitrary, but my point is that they were biased giving it to Messi, because of his past, not for his WC performances...
Could be probably a consolation prize.

I think James pretty much are the leadership of Colombiam team, btw, he was very "complete" too.
Cuadrado fits more in the Messi "style/category of player", than James, imho.
GoldSlashJul 14, 2014 5:45 PM
Jul 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
goldslash said:
Tachii said:

The same happens from Brazil, they only rely on Neymar, i think it's sad =/
James played a high level on that WC, i've the same thought as spyro.
He is considered by many to be the "best in the world" and he just didn't show enough to earn the award IMO.

But i respect your oppnion, though;
Tachii said:

As far i know the Golden Boot it's only goals. Assists don't count for it!!
I don't know if it's arbitrary, but my point is that they were biased giving it to Messi, because of his past, not for his WC performances...
Could be probably a consolation prize.

I think James pretty much are the leadership of Colombiam team, btw, he was very "complete" too.
Cuadrado fits more in the Messi "style/category of player", than James, imho.

If there is a tie for any of the boots in goals, it comes down to the amount of assists they have.

I agree, Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball at all. He didn't even play very well throughout the cup. I think Neymar or Muller deserved it more. Robben even deserved it more.
Jul 14, 2014 7:42 PM

Mar 2012
Vibius said:
If there is a tie for any of the boots in goals, it comes down to the amount of assists they have.

Hum interesting...I dind't know that. I guessed that after tie occurs a rafle or sth, i was wrong.
In the national tournament here, hardly ties, too much matches(38) ;D. In PES/FIFA when tie, you win because you are the P1.

The problem with Golden Foot is the: Penalty kickers... I remember a player that get the Golden Foot in that year, then next year the club team that i support, contract the guy it's was the A.Mineiro, he was shit!! I mean, worse than any player. They only contracted him because the Golden Foot, but it was clear, he only get it because of the penalties. Waste of money!!

I don't blame the club, it happens on the football scenario... Hahaha.

Vibius said:

I agree, Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball at all. He didn't even play very well throughout the cup. I think Neymar or Muller deserved it more. Robben even deserved it more.

Me too.
Jul 14, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2008
No doubt it has consolation written all over it. But I guess another random factor was they had to at least make it far into the cup to win the award. Columbia unfortunately ran out of guess in quarter finals, so Messi would've edged a bit further in that category. I think Neymar would've gotten it if he didn't get injured in like wut, the quarter finals or round of 16 (they might've even posed a srs threat if he did play against Germany)?
Jul 14, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:
No doubt it has consolation written all over it. But I guess another random factor was they had to at least make it far into the cup to win the award. Columbia unfortunately ran out of guess in quarter finals, so Messi would've edged a bit further in that category. I think Neymar would've gotten it if he didn't get injured in like wut, the quarter finals or round of 16 (they might've even posed a srs threat if he did play against Germany)?

Could be because of it. Argentina going more far. He got injured in quartels, but in 16, he got a hard foul, Aranguiz from Chile almost break Neymar's knee, he get out almost five minutes to come back, i think since that foul he never was the same again, then against Colombia they broke him, hehe.
I don't think we might posed a srs threat,cause Brazil still is gonna lose the game.
But from my point of view, with him in the attack, they wouldn't go full ofensive, there's no blitz-krieg, because a counterattack of Neymar could be dangerous, i don't know if it's worth the risk. Still some 3x1,4x1 would happens in that case ;D

I got your point, since James already won a award, they opted for Messi and of course a member of the other team that goes to the final!

@Topic
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH Mulller. The humble ceased... But i laught very hard, i understand what he said!

Team of the cup:

My point is, what the fuck T.Silva is doing there or any brazilian players for that matter??
I mean he is good defensor, but 3x0 Holland, penalty,etc. He made a lot of shit the lastest games!!
Imho, Rodriguez from Costa Rica are supposed to be there.

And how could Messi win the Golden Ball and isn't there, what contradictory FIFA!
GoldSlashJul 14, 2014 9:00 PM
Jul 14, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2008
lol Silva, the same guy who got suspended, pretty much opened the gate of hell for Brazil, then proceeded to get another yellow in which a penalty kick was conceived. I definitely would've added Mascherano up there somehow. His defense was a reason why Argentina barely conceived any goals, and was effective in shutting down Robben in the semi-final. And his passing was pretty good as well.
Jul 14, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
Still can't believe out of all the players, MESSI gets the golden ball. Blatter must of given it because he's a 'good boy'. -.- He wouldn't even make my shortlist; should of been between Muller, Robben and James. Enough said.
Jul 15, 2014 4:22 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:
lol Silva, the same guy who got suspended, pretty much opened the gate of hell for Brazil, then proceeded to get another yellow in which a penalty kick was conceived. I definitely would've added Mascherano up there somehow. His defense was a reason why Argentina barely conceived any goals, and was effective in shutting down Robben in the semi-final. And his passing was pretty good as well.

Me too. That was pretty silly from Fifa.
And Messi winning Golden Ball without being in team of the cup, hahaha.

FirzenSC said:
Still can't believe out of all the players, MESSI gets the golden ball. Blatter must of given it because he's a 'good boy'. -.- He wouldn't even make my shortlist; should of been between Muller, Robben and James. Enough said.

Exactly...
Or because Messi = Adidas, a Major Sponsor!!
Jul 16, 2014 8:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Jul 16, 2014 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
Messi winning the golden ball, and not being in the team of the World Cup... does FIFA think were fucking stupid. If your going to give the guy, who don't deserve it the bloody thing don't make it even more obvious its a fucking fix by not putting him in the team of the best players.
Jul 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
How come Boateng is not in the fifa 11? He played amazing as a defender. Hummels and Boateng for the defense!

LOL that Interview with Müller! He's such an original!
Jul 16, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
"Fans" who can't see how good Robben is aside from his few diving attempts are truly ignorant of the sport, in my opinion.
Jul 16, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2010
Tachii said:
"Fans" who can't see how good Robben is aside from his few diving attempts are truly ignorant of the sport, in my opinion.

Most people accept Robben is a fantastic player, it's just a shame that he (and many other footballers nowadays) have to cheat. Similarly, Suarez is a joy to behold, but it's hard to like a player notorious for biting his opposition.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 16, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2012
Tachii said:

True. And this is happening with any player, also Neymar. He is good. No matter if he dives, every player dives. Also Robben, was one of the best in the world in that position, imho.
Messi don't dive but he puke on the pitch, it's almost the same.
Okay, that was a shit joke.

AkibaNightrider said:

Haha i laughed a lot. I mean i don't really understand deutsch that much only a few words, my mother speaks the old diallete.
It was pretty funny, haha.
"Arsch" "Dreck"

SweetKotomi said:
The FIFA rankings are out already. What do you guys think ?http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/internacional/noticias/2014/07/16/puso-mundial-nuevo-orden-en-ranking-fifa

Imho, some teams are wrong. The top 3 it's okay, could be changed Holland by Argentina, but that way, it's no wrong.
I would lower Uruguay and Spain, wtf they are doing there? Then upper Chile and France. My point is Brazil get lucky against Chile and Colombia.
And France, it would get Germany(the best team of the WC), that soon. Imo France could beat Holland or Argentina. Sad we won't get the chance.
Or i overrating France, because the match against Switzerland could be it. Chile they said, best team they had in the last 50 years.

To be fair, mine would be something like that:

I still could change Spain, what WC was that? I don't know if it was worse or better than Brazil, at least they had lucky to get to the semifinals.
GoldSlashJul 16, 2014 4:50 PM
Jul 16, 2014 9:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Denis_of_Pacera said:
Tachii said:

True. And this is happening with any player, also Neymar. He is good. No matter if he dives, every player dives. Also Robben, was one of the best in the world in that position, imho.
Messi don't dive but he puke on the pitch, it's almost the same.
Okay, that was a shit joke.

AkibaNightrider said:

Haha i laughed a lot. I mean i don't really understand deutsch that much only a few words, my mother speaks the old diallete.
It was pretty funny, haha.
"Arsch" "Dreck"

SweetKotomi said:
The FIFA rankings are out already. What do you guys think ?http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/internacional/noticias/2014/07/16/puso-mundial-nuevo-orden-en-ranking-fifa

Imho, some teams are wrong. The top 3 it's okay, could be changed Holland by Argentina, but that way, it's no wrong.
I would lower Uruguay and Spain, wtf they are doing there? Then upper Chile and France. My point is Brazil get lucky against Chile and Colombia.
And France, it would get Germany(the best team of the WC), that soon. Imo France could beat Holland or Argentina. Sad we won't get the chance.
Or i overrating France, because the match against Switzerland could be it. Chile they said, best team they had in the last 50 years.

To be fair, mine would be something like that:

I still could change Spain, what WC was that? I don't know if it was worse or better than Brazil, at least they had lucky to get to the semifinals.

I've always wondered, why is Greece always so high up in the FIFA rankings.

I'd bump Costa Rica to at least 12th place. The literally faced top teams, Uruguay, Italy, England, Greece, Netherlands. They DID NOT lose a single game in regular time, and had one of the best defenses. EVEN better than Brazil, BRAZIL. When the world Cup started I expected blowouts like the 7-1 loss, but look who ended up getting the worst defense, BRAZIL xD.

Jul 17, 2014 9:14 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed some baiting. Please tone it down on the aggressive discussion or consequences will follow.
Jul 17, 2014 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
SweetKotomi said:

I've always wondered, why is Greece always so high up in the FIFA rankings.

I'd bump Costa Rica to at least 12th place. The literally faced top teams, Uruguay, Italy, England, Greece, Netherlands. They DID NOT lose a single game in regular time, and had one of the best defenses. EVEN better than Brazil, BRAZIL. When the world Cup started I expected blowouts like the 7-1 loss, but look who ended up getting the worst defense, BRAZIL xD.

I tottaly agree, FIFA goes by classical team have better ranks, which i don't like that much.
Costa Rica deserved much more, at least 12th, or top ten it's not that bad either.
Greece is a bit of overrated(could be cause of Eurocup 2004?).

Brazil is like a "?" or "whatever, anywhere is okay" (tbh i don't know if they deserve upper or lower places, cause they defense are shit and they played a ugly football(lower), but they get to the semifinals(upper), it's very hard to know exactly their place);
Jul 18, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
Philipp Lahm just resigned from the german national team. I think it's safe to say that nobody saw THAT one coming O_o

He'll probably come back though...
Jul 18, 2014 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Philipp Lahm just resigned from the german national team. I think it's safe to say that nobody saw THAT one coming O_o

He'll probably come back though...

Well he is too old for the next WC.
Jul 18, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2009
He's frickin' 30. And there is the Euro in just two years...
Jul 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Feb 2011
He said that was decided even before the world cup.
So he can spend more time with his family and concentrate on Bayern München.

Well, there goes one of the best players ever (in MY opinion).
Jul 18, 2014 3:43 AM

Jan 2007
I am kinda surprised Lahm retired after this WC, he is only 30, but yeah, he knows best, maybe he feels like he can't play at the same level if he plays both for his club and the national team.
Jul 18, 2014 7:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Zero said:
I am kinda surprised Lahm retired after this WC, he is only 30, but yeah, he knows best, maybe he feels like he can't play at the same level if he plays both for his club and the national team.

Well he can retire happily knowing he won a World Cup with his NT.

Jul 18, 2014 9:00 AM

Mar 2014
I'm still in shock. I was expecting Lahm to play at least another two years. One of the best defenders Germany and the world has ever seen.
Jul 18, 2014 9:57 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
AkibaNightrider said:
I'm still in shock. I was expecting Lahm to play at least another two years. One of the best defenders Germany and the world has ever seen.

It's nice that he's thinking of the next generation, but he still had one World Cup left where he could play or maybe one Euro at least. I still hope he comes back to the NT for maybe a retirement thank you match.

Jul 18, 2014 12:53 PM

Feb 2011
SweetKotomi said:

It's nice that he's thinking of the next generation, but he still had one World Cup left where he could play or maybe one Euro at least. I still hope he comes back to the NT for maybe a retirement thank you match.

Well, he probably will.
DFB-President Niersbach said he wants Germany's next match on September 3 to be his farewell match.
It's not decided yet though.
Jul 19, 2014 6:57 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
If you guys kept up with Mexico and who would be the starting goalkeeper then I'll leave this here.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/seleccion-mexicana/noticias/2014/07/19/corona-se-calento-por-suplencia-en-el-tri

It pretty much says Corona gets mad for being substitute for El Tri. Miguel Herrera brought the 3 goalkeepers during training a couple days before the Cameroon game to a talk. Herrera said he would go with Ochoa, and at that instant he said both goalkeepers reactions. Corona got mad and a couple hours later he questioned Herrera's decision. He asked if Herrera if there was something he(Corona) lacked, which Herrera said no. Herrera said Ochoa was more serene so he went with him instead. Miguel went on to say that if he had received a call even from the Mexican President then he would pack his bags and drop as coach as the NT because Herrera said that no one tells him how to coach.

I can understand why Corona would get mad. Last year he was starting goalkeeper in the Confederations Cup, and he began his ascension in El Tri winning the London Olympics with his team. Still in my opinion Ochoa is much better than Corona. It's not the same playing in France vs Top table teams Mexican teams where the competition is more equal there.

Besides I think Ochoa deserved to start since Aguirre benched him in 2010 for homeboy Oscar Perez who started the WC in a shocking surprise.

Jul 21, 2014 3:27 AM
Mar 2014
USA to show and prove that also has strong players!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (118) « First ... « 116 117 [118]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.