Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 1, 2014 4:21 AM

Nov 2010
Miyuki Won this episode. that was such a great play by him.
Jun 1, 2014 4:35 AM

May 2012
JIJI1993 said:
tingy said:
And also, Miyuki!!! I watched that scene like 3 times because it was just such an incredible play.

OMG!! Me too *-*
I was so excited to know how they would adapt it in anime *-*
Miyuki is fucking good <3

Same here!! Best play so far that I have seen. And glad that the series is not just focusing on the MC but to the team as a whole. Love the teamwork. Reliable teammates indeed. But I also like Coach Todoroki. This old man is very canny too.
Jun 1, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2008
Since Furuya has improved, I can't help but expect great things from Sawamura when he'll play.

And yeah, Miyuki's play was utterly amazing!
Jun 1, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 2010
yhunata said:
I like the fact that the MC actually has to work for his shit. Think about it, a no-name with no real training or control becoming the firepower of one of the strongest teams in the region would be bloody stupid. Here, our MC has to work hard to improve himself and prove that he deserves the ace number. Plot twist, he doesn't. Furuya's better than him, plain and simple. This is better than something where guys are made into the main firepower of the team because he can jump really high or has a dead brother who used to be the best in the worldnation.
Haikyu and area no kishi? Lol. In haikyu though, its not just his jumping, it's his incredible reflexes.
Jun 1, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
Pknoctis said:
yhunata said:
I like the fact that the MC actually has to work for his shit. Think about it, a no-name with no real training or control becoming the firepower of one of the strongest teams in the region would be bloody stupid. Here, our MC has to work hard to improve himself and prove that he deserves the ace number. Plot twist, he doesn't. Furuya's better than him, plain and simple. This is better than something where guys are made into the main firepower of the team because he can jump really high or has a dead brother who used to be the best in the worldnation.
Haikyu and area no kishi? Lol. In haikyu though, its not just his jumping, it's his incredible reflexes.

Kagami Taiga.
Jun 1, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
What a great ep. Miyuki and Furuya were so cool. I also loved Eijun's comments about Furuya in the background. "Gotta hand it to you!" It's really nice to see :)

I agree with the people who like that it's focused on the whole team and how it's realistic. I really like Furuya. I really like Eijun. In a way it's better because when Eijun does get the spotlight it's so much sweeter to see how he does. I love how they contrast between them, like other posters said.
Jun 1, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
That play by Miyuki was insane :O
Jun 1, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Really like the psychological warfare between the coach of Yakushi vs. Furuya. This is the most exciting game compared to the previous matches.

Like that Raichi scored. Haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2012
Miyuki's just too good. He should've been the main character.
Jun 1, 2014 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
Sawamura vs Raichi would be good. Yes that would be awesome
Jun 1, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2013
dragonlight said:
Miyuki's just too good. He should've been the main character.

Miyuki is one of main caracters, no?
Like: 1- Sawamura, 2- Furuya/Miyuki(?) 3-Haruichi...

But... it's true that Kazuya is so hot *o*
He is too perfect (let's forget his personality + poor batting when there's not runners XD)
WaitingDB5KJun 2, 2014 4:45 PM
Jun 1, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
Eijun in that bullpen tho!! He would not warm up at all xD he kept watching the game, too hilarious. Nice episode. Seido definitely won't go down without a fight.
That play by Miyuki was nice!

Jun 1, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
Pknoctis said:

Not at all in Haikyu, Shoyou isn't the ace nor is he a powerhouse where they use him all the time. He's working for his shit just like Eijun in DnA.

Jun 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Damnnn!!! Miyuki's play was epic. Great episode as usual. Thinking about bumping my score to a 9 as long as it keeps up the quality.

ALSO, LOL Kantoku vs Miyuki... Reminded me of Death Note.

lovexLuffy said:
Eijun in that bullpen tho!! He would not warm up at all xD he kept watching the game, too hilarious. Nice episode. Seido definitely won't go down without a fight.

Eijun is awesome :')

Also, to defend Haikyuu!!, Hinata is just like Eijun. They will be the "almost-ace" in the show but have their moments too.
MayukaJun 2, 2014 8:42 AM
Jun 2, 2014 10:07 PM

Oct 2011
Fruya and MIyuki EPIC!!!!!

Miyuki was amazing with dat catch and then threw the ball @ 2nd base.

Sawamura's comments throughout this episode LOL !! Will you ever warm up XDD
Jun 3, 2014 1:02 AM

May 2013
Akanezora said:
Also, the fact that they focus on both Furuya and Sawamura doesn't disappoint me, honestly. Actually I like that not only the MC wins matches.

Cream_Soda said:
Would rather the focus be on Seido than specifically one member of it. Shows where everything falls on the OP MC and he has to save everyone else are boring

Exactly. This show would be much worse if it just focused on Sawamura. I really enjoy Furuya's character as well.

Also, I loved Miyuki's play when he was up to bat. I was half-expecting it but it was still hilarious.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Jul 29, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2007
Such awesome plays by Miyuki and then Furuya! I just love seeing how much Furuya improves overtime too <3
Jan 1, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
Raichi reminds me very much of Luffy from OP :)

Mar 12, 2015 10:27 AM

Jun 2011
LMAO when Sawamura praised Furuya, Sawamura was really funny in this episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2015 1:46 AM

Jun 2008
Ownsin said:
I'm really tired of this... It's all about Furuya again. What a boring and empty character... Are we going to have to go through with this every damn match? it's going to get old really fast, heck it already is! When will Sawarmua get the spotlight, i mean sure this is a team game, but for the love of god I'm sick and tired of Furuya. I have no idea how Sawarmua is the main character in this anime, he is treated more like a supporting/comic relief character most of the time. In every match so far he has been on the sidelines until someone gets injured or someone gives up a lot of runs, and furuya gets all the starts and the spotlight. I'm really getting tired of this scenario. I like Sawaruma, but if he keeps getting shafted like this. I'm not sure my interest in this anime will continue.

The only reason Sawamura is not annoying as hell and even wanted to be seen by people like you is because Furuya exist. If all we got was Sawamura doing shit and yelling, all users would be complaining how the main does everything and they are sick of him and his annoying shouts and how the others should get more focus.
Furuya is literally there to take air time from Sawamura and make you desire to see him instead of being annoyed by him.
Jun 30, 2015 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
that laugh is really getting annoying, along with the smug coach.
Aug 20, 2015 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
Raichi is such a monkey.
Apr 3, 2016 4:57 AM

Aug 2011
Monochrome said:
Such awesome plays by Miyuki and then Furuya! I just love seeing how much Furuya improves overtime too <3

Always great to see characters progress. I enjoy seeing the results of Miyuki's training. Go Furuya!!!

Monad said:
Ownsin said:
I'm really tired of this... It's all about Furuya again. What a boring and empty character... Are we going to have to go through with this every damn match? it's going to get old really fast, heck it already is! When will Sawarmua get the spotlight, i mean sure this is a team game, but for the love of god I'm sick and tired of Furuya. I have no idea how Sawarmua is the main character in this anime, he is treated more like a supporting/comic relief character most of the time. In every match so far he has been on the sidelines until someone gets injured or someone gives up a lot of runs, and furuya gets all the starts and the spotlight. I'm really getting tired of this scenario. I like Sawaruma, but if he keeps getting shafted like this. I'm not sure my interest in this anime will continue.

The only reason Sawamura is not annoying as hell and even wanted to be seen by people like you is because Furuya exist. If all we got was Sawamura doing shit and yelling, all users would be complaining how the main does everything and they are sick of him and his annoying shouts and how the others should get more focus.
Furuya is literally there to take air time from Sawamura and make you desire to see him instead of being annoyed by him.

I so totally agree! Furuya's calmness presents a balance to Sawamura's ferocity. Truthfully, after the third episode I started appreciating the additional cast, as I found Sawamura annoying from episode one. The additions are the reason I continue to watch this series; Furuya, Miyuki and Chris set the tone for me. Love those guys.
Dec 23, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2015
Furuya getting comfortable seems like next episode may change him tho
Jan 13, 2018 4:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Furuya is playing very well to be a rookie!!!
Aug 23, 2018 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
A really nice play by Miyuki!
Dec 2, 2019 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
Miyuki is so cool!!!! ❤
Furuya know how to catch now lol
May 4, 2020 4:43 AM
May 2020
I’m low key jealous about MIyuki and Furuya relationship. Like he mothers him and lets him make mistakes and him and the team always gots his back :(. I hope Sawamura gets the same treatment next episode. They pick on him a lot. But I guess we should look on the bright side and realize that at least by shitting on him we know they don’t think he’s fragile.
Oct 27, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
Feeling proud of Furuya finally be able to catch the ball with that fine play there. Also epic play by Miyuki with getting the runner out.

Jun 30, 2023 7:29 PM

Aug 2019
Damn Raichi hit it? He’s insane

Patiently waiting for Eijun
Jul 25, 2023 11:14 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great ep.

Also, don’t they think it’d be a good idea to have Furuya and Eijun pitch against their own batters during practice? Especially Furuya, so he’s not always shocked/affected when he gets hit lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.