Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2014 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
" He is....They are Demons!" Well, they certainly don't make a positive first impression on the reader. Really memorable entrance for the King, though. I like Youpi's manga design, not quite as crazy for how the King looks here though.
Ston3_FreeN7May 31, 2014 3:54 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 31, 2014 3:53 AM
Jun 2013
insan3Spectre said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
" He is....They are Demons!" Well, they certainly don't make a positive first impression on the reader. Really memorable entrance for the King, tough. I like Youpi's manga design, not quite as crazy for how the King looks here though.

Togashi's style of drawing for certain characters gradually changes as the series progresses, So Madhouse mostly uses the final look for these characters. that's why Pitou doesn't have the ribbon and Youpi has no cape in the anime.
May 31, 2014 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
I thought that cape wasn't in the anime. I kind of like it, too. As well as Pitou's ribbon. I assume Pitou lost it after her fight with Kite as it seemed to be damaged during the scene at the tree. I take it the King's looks changes, then?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 31, 2014 9:35 PM
Jun 2013
I guess I didn't use the right term there, to better express it, I mean that he keeps refining the looks of certain characters as the series goes on, not that their looks change completely or anything. The obvious one I think is pitou, not just because of the ribbon that got damaged in the fight, but also her facial features change quit a bit, at first when he/she was born, he/she looked more like a male but as the series progressed, he/she started to look more like a female. Also youpi and Morel both changed quit a bit. In case of the king, he doesn't really change that much since his design was basically a homage to cell, so you can tell that togashi had decided a certain look for him from the start, but then again he's one of the characters that i think looks exactly the same in both the anime and the manga.
May 31, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the design changes for the ants were intentional because of the "changes in the their characters" or if it was just a result of how long Chimera Ant arc took to complete. Then again, I don't know what the span of time was when Togashi redrew this arc.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 1, 2014 12:37 AM
Jun 2013
This might be a bit random but just as the king's design was inspired from Cell, Youpi also was heavily inspired by Gotou, The villian from Parasyte. Both the design and shapeshifting ability are extremely similar.

Picture for Gotou: http://c.mpcdn.net/manga/c/557.jpg
MSVJun 1, 2014 12:44 AM
Sep 14, 2017 11:04 AM

Nov 2010
Such a great chapter. I like the King's design and this really is a strong first impression.

I also love Youpi in this chapter. We see him creating wings after seeing that Pouf can fly, which is a cool introduction to his powers. He doesn't just create them but does need to get the idea by copying someone else. And then he hilariously crashes into the wall. And as the King eats, Youpi is wobbling around practising his flying skills. It's very simple but another one of those moments where Togashi really shines with how he writes his characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.