Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 29, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
I'm a little torn between believing Kazuki really did love her all along, and it just being the result of the wish. While his confession did seem rather off, there's enough evidence to make me think he did love her all along. If the wish would have been something a little sneakier like "I want us to be able to overcome our forced ideologies to admit our love" we'd know that his feelings were mutual and true. But since it was just "I want to be his girlfriend" it makes it seem more likely he had no choice in the matter.

This is why after first learning of her wish I thought it would be "I want us to no longer be blood related"(because we don't see that trope enough) that way she'd actually be considering his feelings as well. But I guess she couldn't get away from the raw, true identity of her wish. A little bit selfish, but that's room for more despairdevelopment for her.

So judging from the pv, it seems Tama does indeed not know anything lol.

konatachan80 said:
Unsaidxpl said:
Eh, quite large part of the episode was dedicated to explanations that were obvious. Not the best way to spend screen time for a 12-episode show.

Based on assorted comments here and elsewere it was probably a need to explain some parts.
The explanation wasn't especially long, but there was a somewhat long flashback too.
I thought the obvious explanations were a little drawn out as well, for a 12 episode series. Though if is indeed getting a second season then it's all good, flesh the workings of the system all you want.
May 29, 2014 5:10 PM

Jun 2012
Tanillia said:
Chepri said:
Aversa said:
I saw this coming, well last week made it obvious when Yuzuki ended up with Hanayo's voice.
This means that in the end the only thing that is to gain in the card game is someone else's wish and that isn't always a good thing.
Just look at the state that Kazuki and Hanayo are in right now.

I have no idea, what will happen, if Ruuko's "wish" will be granted. I cannot really imagine Tama loosing, she is just way too strong. Also it isn't like Ruuko's strength will just melt away, because she frightened or in what ever kind of RPG change of condition. I would be disappointed, if she actually looses now, I guess there is no possible way to avoid her playing and winning her next game.
I also see no reason, why Hitoe & Yuzuki should win. Next episode is crucial for everything that happened so far and I am really looking forward to see it.

I actually think that, ruko will throw this battle because think about it. Shes has 2 wins already and no loses one against hitoe and another against the crazy model with orange hair. if she wins now she will automatically become tama or if Tama is a special card(because tama herself didnt know the rules) then something wierd will happen.

I also think that kazuki has shown signs of likeing her sis, the first time was during the time he worried about yuzuki into saying anything, 2. was when that background character first confessed. third was the comparison on the bridge and after that got flustered with the all the confessions yuzuki made.

I also wants to know if you can endlessly retry the came untill you win. because hitoe got another chance and theres always a possibility that the LIRGs are real girls and only a few are orginal LIRG. My guess is that Hayano was a real girl while Tama is original.

I am seriously doubting Ruko will just throw this game away. She is just no the type of character whose reactions on a shock situation is loosing, running away or playing dead. Even if she came to the conclusion that those battles are "pointless", she would fight back.
She was convinced to battle even if it meant, that she might win. That explicitly excludes the possibility that they tricked and shocked Ruko on purpose to win the battle.
But probably the strongest argument I have why Ruko can't loose is, that her loose actually means that she became a too fragile/weak character, that looses with an OP Tama + an actually strong Ruko, who's is just natural gifted for the game and respectively plays it that way vs an Yazuku of unknown strength + a Hitoe, who is just out of her mind and thus also of unknown strength. I don't see how this should happen.
Ruko has to be convinced that loosing now was the only and right choice of action to make her loose. Then we have the trickery and betrayal again and actually I don't see a valid point for to be convinced that loose was the right choice.
I guess you can even go with the argument that Ruko loosing was boring and because only 3 episodes are left, something funny/interesting must happen. Ruko loosing as a repetition of something that already happened, thus it should not happen.
And I guess I already mentioned, weird things are always interesting.
ChepriMay 29, 2014 5:23 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
May 29, 2014 5:18 PM

Nov 2013
Ruuko's nose gives me headaches sometimes. They really want to stretch the mystery out the whole season, huh. The whole episode was just confirmation, not that I mind.
Adds even more questions tho >.>

konatachan80 said:
Unsaidxpl said:
Eh, quite large part of the episode was dedicated to explanations that were obvious. Not the best way to spend screen time for a 12-episode show.

Based on assorted comments here and elsewere it was probably a need to explain some parts.

I find that quite saddening.
May 29, 2014 5:22 PM

May 2013
This is the reason why I feel so creepy when I'm watching incest/wincest shows. I really have to turn off the volume when a wild confession suddenly appeared.

And confirmed, the truth about the Selectors, Ruko was mind raped and IDK what happened to Hitoe.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 29, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so dark.

Yuzuki and Kazuki confessed their feelings to each other.

So, LRIG and Selector will get their places switched, that was so dark.
May 29, 2014 5:35 PM

Dec 2013
I have a hard time telling if Kazuki's feelings are his own or the wishes doing.
May 29, 2014 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like Hanayo has Yuzuki's memories.

"But, I can... stop!" Tama you sweet girl.

The incest level is so high :/

So what about the original LRIGs, did something just put them in the cards to start the cycle?
May 29, 2014 6:04 PM

Nov 2013
FlowwolF said:
I have a hard time telling if Kazuki's feelings are his own or the wishes doing.

Probably his own. But I don't see the "wishes" as anything more than the LRIG and the player switching places, and the LRIG can do anything she wants (start a new life, a chance to change, or w/e), but in this case Hanayo wants to honor Yuzuki's wish.

Thats just me being hopeful tho.
May 29, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
yuukiwr said:

but then the question is what the wish is, also what was the scene in first episode. was it the end or the begining?

It seemed like Tama but at the same time not like her.

I forgot about that scene. That's definitely Tama beating Iona's LRIG. But now I'm wondering if it's Tama that's crying for Ruuko or the other way around.
May 29, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
TheGenov said:
Nice episode, although the preview of the next one holds something which might be the downfall of this show :(

BEHOLD:
http://s1.postimg.org/rpvc7qez3/1324.png

OMG I knew it! He's really in on this!

So LRIGs really know about the body/life switch. I wonder if Iona's LRIG told her about this. She probably knows so that really shows how battle-crazy she is (we don't even know if she's the real Iona). Now the big question is, what is Hitoe's new wish? Revenge? Nobody would want to battle again after hearing what happens when you "win."

I have a feeling Ru will throw the fight :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 29, 2014 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
most of the episode was covering stuff i already knew only thing i'm confused about is why Hitoe is continuing battling even though it's not her wish whatever it is now that will be granted.
May 29, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2012
xchee said:

So LRIGs really know about the body/life switch. I wonder if Iona's LRIG told her about this. She probably knows so that really shows how battle-crazy she is (we don't even know if she's the real Iona).

Yeah I feel like there's no way Iona doesn't know everything, which creates some possibilities similar to what you mentioned.

I think this is probably her second time as a selector. Her current wish(even though she claims to only want to battle) could be wanting to return to her original body. Of course, this would mean the cooperation of the (eternal) girl who was her original LRIG, as well as a bit of luck in drawing that particular girl as selector(or maybe having the wish to return to her own body would allow her to draw that selector. Or, adversely, she could be cooperating with Urisu to allow her to return to her body(though that would mean a change in names somewhere along the line for one of them). This would fit her being battle hungry as she most likely knows and wants to battle as an LRIG. It would also tie into Akira and Urisu being a little similar. It'd make sense that Akira would develop a similar attitude to someone she wants to ruin, as those motivations likely stem from jealousy. Though I admit it'd be a little strange for her not to address how different "Iona" behaves(unless she knows the situation and just wants to ruin "Iona" regardless.

I just can't see Iona not knowing the truth about it all, and she seems too resolved already to be a first time, so I'm trying to think of what would make her want to jump back into the cycle.

And, and this is even more of a stretch, but Akira could have been a selector once before as well. That's the only way I can think to explain her still having selector memories. Her wish of wanting to ruin Iona's life certainly sounds like "new, adjusted-by-experience-kind-of-wish" material. I just don't think I could see any way Akira would have already won as a selector, as she was pretty bad at building a strong dynamic with Piruluk, and just not very good at battling in general.
May 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa.....the cruel, cruel truth behind this psychological card game....

So, Yuzuki, or "Hanayo" tells Kazuki she loves him.......and Kazuki says that he loves her as well. Pretty sweet........but still....wrong. :/
It sucks how the Selector becomes the new LRIG, while the LRIG has to fulfill the wish for there previous Selector.
But, Hitoe came back?! xD She's a new Selector....with Yuzuki as her LRIG....
WOW!
What an episode.......good anime so far......but really dark. :(
May 29, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
I'm willing to bet that Iona is a former LRIG, as is Ruuko. Iona seems to know something about Ruuko that she herself doesn't know, and I've been getting that vibe since the big reveal last week. Right before Hitoe approached Ruuko when she's talking to Tama, she has a flashback regarding what Iona said about them being the same.
May 29, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2013
If Yuzuki wins she can still go out with Kazuki but with Hitoe's body :O wish granted, technically :(

If Hitoe wins 2 times she can get a decent life again but if she loses again, I think it's gonna be fatal.

katsu044 said:
most of the episode was covering stuff i already knew only thing i'm confused about is why Hitoe is continuing battling even though it's not her wish whatever it is now that will be granted.

^ all the things we already know was just speculation until this episode when it became fact.
She had to take the risk anyway, better than living like she was. maybe she'll get her memories back when she becomes a LRIG.
May 29, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
Did they really need to waste an entire episode explaining spelling what the watcher could already conclude from the last episode?
May 29, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
Always good episodes but this time, that's a plot twist I didn't see coming. Can't wait to see what happens next with Ru. Also was Hiote brainwashed or something? First time we see her she's nervous and now she's just emotionless.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 29, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2009
man this show...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 29, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2013
I guess that explains the title that says, "The Cruel Truth," where after your wish is completed, you have your body switch, from a selector to a LRIG. Now with Hanayo in Yuzuki's body she will make that wish happen and to make Kazuki make him love her.

It was kind of intense at the end when Kazuki let out his feelings for Yuzuki, although it was predictable. Each episode is getting darker now...

May 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2013
Heh, is that Kyubey in the preview?
And the episode felt so slow. Like a waste of time explaining something dead obvious to viewers.
May 29, 2014 9:08 PM

Sep 2008
I think the moral of the story is that girls shouldn't play card games.
May 29, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
I have to do the numbered point thing for this show each time I post.

1. Errrggggh the fucking side characters still make want to flip tables. How is everyone such a fucking asshole? *ahem* Please excuse the (absolutely necessary) strong language.

2. Totally floating my own boat here: I had a few speculations, but I'm glad to see a few were right. The first being that Yuzuki and Hayano DID switch places. I originally thought that maybe the selector's wishes were actually the LRIG's wishes, but it looks like the wishes do originally belong to the Selectors, and the wish is instead granted to the LRIG. The second is that this is just a vicious cycle, more specifically that the LRIGs we were all initially introduced to must have originally been Selectors as well.

3. God, it sucks to be Hayano. Because she's living out the wish of her friend probably makes it suck all that much more.

4. I think the best comment I've seen about this show is how it went from -__- to o__o around episode 7-8. Certain things still bug the hell out of me (see above, for one), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't totally caught up in the mystery. However, now that some of the big mysteries have been solved, it kind went back to -__- over the course of one episode. I'm hoping the conclusion of Ruko and Tama's arc will bring it back to o__o. I'm waiting to see the manifestation Ruko's premonition about the demonic Tama, lol.

5. NEED MY GOD DAMN TRAIN WRECK.
-Trippwire-May 29, 2014 9:21 PM
May 29, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
it's hard to decide if kazuki really felt that way about yuzuki or if his feelings were the result of yuzuki's wish.

this episode seemed really slow and drawn out. even though they basically explained the obvious i'm kinda glad that they did so that i didn't misunderstand anything. however, i have even more questions now

kinda curious as to what's going on with tama. they've implied something big since the start of episode 1. i wonder what this knowledge will do to ruuko. cuz her wish coming true would mean that tama would become ruuko as a selector.

does this mean that even though hitoe's wish of making friends came true, the wish itself wasn't actually approved? or else hitoe would've become an eternal girl too.

why is this game popular anyway? kinda seems like a lose lose situation for everyone.

another question- does hitoe have a new wish? or is she just playing without any wishes or still wants to make friends? guess these questions will be answered soon

also, what is with kyuubey being in the next episode?
orchidorkMay 29, 2014 9:30 PM
May 29, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2013
1 word

Things got really weird. So Hanayo is now Yuzuki. Wow.
The title says it all, The Cruel Truth.
CreamZiMay 29, 2014 9:30 PM
May 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Nov 2013
orchidork said:

why is this game popular anyway? kinda seems like a lose lose situation for everyone.

Becus Mari Okada.
May 29, 2014 9:46 PM

Feb 2014
So basically Ru's wish is going to be setting everything back to the way it was before the story got all heavy and incestuous, resulting in a weird ass "dream-like" air to the entirety of the show.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

May 29, 2014 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
so basically being a selector is the worst situation you could end up in, because even if you win.. you don't really win
May 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
Being a Selector is suffering.
May 29, 2014 11:16 PM
Jul 2013
mhyr1104 said:
On second thought, maybe the Selectors have to battle and win according to the LRIG's wishes (e.g If the LRIG had a wish which required a ridiculous number of battles and the Selector had a wish which required only a few battles, the Selector has the win the number of times the LRIG's wish requires, not the number of times their wish requires) so winning and fulfilling the LRIG's wish enables you to become a candidate to have your wish granted by becoming a LRIG

I feel so awesome that I guessed it right, even if it was getting slightly obvious :D
but kinda feel sad at the same time that you have to work for the wishes of others and when it's granted, they have to risk their existence to a random person they (supposedly) know nothing about.
May 29, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2011
TravSavage said:
Being a Selector is suffering.

This, and also I'm going to be very disappointed if Ruko's wish ends up being "I wish Selectors never existed" or something along those lines. I'm enjoying this show quite a bit since it has a similar premise as Madoka Magica, but I wouldn't actually want the ending to be that similar, if that makes sense.
May 29, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
Tama is so cute! Not much happened in the episode. More incest and Ruko finds out the truth.
But goddamn, being a selector must suck. It's like you lose either way.
Zanos1May 29, 2014 11:45 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 29, 2014 11:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
orchidork said:

This is most likely a rhetorical question, but probably because the majority of the people who play it aren't selectors...plus, none of the guys can be selectors. Even selectors themselves don't know about the consequences, at least most of them since the LRIGs probably don't want the selectors to know about it, otherwise they'll be trapped in the card forever/perhaps fade away like Midoriko if lose three times. But yeah, the selectors definitely won't get anything good out of playing the game and becoming an Eternal Girl, which is nowhere as good as it sounds.
May 30, 2014 2:37 AM

Aug 2008
Very little actually added to the story this episode, but I guess it did confirm Yuzuki remembers everything, as well as informing Ruuko about the state of things. And, you know, the whole confession scene and stuff but that was bound to happen so not too surprised there.

Now Hitoe just needs to win so Yuzuki can get a body again and go steal her man from... herself. Kinda?
May 30, 2014 3:37 AM

Feb 2011
so uhh... why don't they just wish for the opposite thing to happen and lose 3 times on purpose?
May 30, 2014 3:57 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Kittenpotpie said:
so uhh... why don't they just wish for the opposite thing to happen and lose 3 times on purpose?

Iirc, the wish from the persons heart, the truest desire, so you would need to desire a bad thing and lose three time to get a good thing, but since you desired the bad thing, it would be a losing situation.

So Hitoe knows about losing her body to Yuzuki if she wins right...? I guess Hitoe has hit shock mode and is quite emotionless...
Hitoe's first LRIG would have taken Hitoe's body if they won... no wonder he wanted Hitoe to stop battling.
Yuzuki's LRIG form.. love the design!
Tama is surprised about learning the truth behind card battles, but that doesn't surprise me.
May 30, 2014 4:31 AM

Oct 2013
Some things are explained. I still wonder what happened to Hitoes first LRIG (Midoriko). Eternal Girl means... she just went on into the next Selector Deck? Right?

I wonder if there is any way to stop this cycle. I just can't see a happy ending anymore.
May 30, 2014 4:54 AM

Nov 2012
There's a bunch of things I noticed and theories I came up with, although some are unlikely to be true:

First of all, that's definitely not Kyubey, just some earrings, but the question is: whose earrings?
They kinda look like the earring Tama has on her left ear, which looks like the one Uris, Iona's LRIG, has on her right ear. Maybe Uris and Tama used to be one and the same, but kinda split apart and thats what caused Tama to lose her memories.

Maybe it was me who misunderstood something, but they never said winning 3 times grants your wish, did they? Losing 3 times taints your wish and takes your Selector status, yes, but didn't they say the amount of times you need to win depends on your wish?

Also if you lose 3 times, you kinda die or disappear, that's at least what (seemed to have) happened to Midoriko.

Another thing, if Hitoe wins often enough there won't be 2 Yuzukis, just Hanayo in Yuzuki's body and Yuzuki in Hitoe's body.

The person battling in the first episode was Ruuko no doubt, just look at the hair and also the earring, it had the same shape as Ruuko's hair clip thingy, although I wonder whose LRIG Ruuko was. But wait, if Ruuko really was the LRIG from the first episode and won enough battles, wouldn't she take the appearence of her selector? So maybe the scene from the first episode will happen in the future after Tama takes over Ruuko's body and Ruuko becomes a LRIG.

Didn't Hanayo say in episode 5 that the consequences of having your wish tainted can't be reversed? So hopefully there won't be a madoka-style reset ending with Ruuko wishing for WIXOSS to never have existed or anything. Although Hanayo is a lying bitch, so who knows? Speaking if which I'm really glad Yuzuki told Ruuko and Hitoe about the truth instead of deceiving Hitoe the way Hanayo deceived her, well at least judging from this episode it doesn't seem like Yuzuki would do "anything it takes" do get out of the card like Hanayo did.

The reason Hitoe is battling again might be that only her "body" is affected by the consequenses of losing 3 battles, so if she wins enough battles, turn into a LRIG, wins enough battles as a LRIG and takes over the body of her Selector then she will be able to have friends again. Besides Hitoe seemed to have been quite depressed or maybe even suicidal, so of course she is desperate enough to be a Selector again even if she knows about all the dark secrets of the game.

I think only the LRIGs with japanese names used to be real girls (Hanayo, Midoriko and now Yuzuki), Piruluk, Uris and Eldora on the other hand are probably original LRIGs. And Tama is kind of a special case since Ruuko named her (after a cat she used to have). Although it's worth mentioning that on the real life cards it states Tama's name as Tamayorihime, all other LRIGs have the same name as in the anime.

Another theory, assuming Iona's wish is to battle (for eternity), what she meant with "I found you." is a new LRIG. She wants Ruuko as her LRIG so that way she and Ruuko can endlessly switch place being Selector or LRIG, without having to deal with the problem of having a selector that doesn't want to battle. Talking about Iona, I kinda have the feeling she completed the circle once before ( got turned into a LRIG, got a real body again).

By the way, I don't recognize the voice from the scene near the ending, the one that says "You will become a LRIG." That might be the person behind the games, don't you think?

Something else I noticed, in one of Mari's interview she mentioned that making choices is pretty important in this show and then I noticed that in the PV for WIXOSS, the word "selector" is stylized as "select or". Select or what? What will happen if Ruuko doesn't "select" a wish soon? I mean she is already "infected" by a body overtaking parasite called LRIG, it can't get much worse. (Well actually she might even infect others once she becomes a LRIG herself)
Read Mari Okada's first question
here's the PV

Earrings or Kyubey afterall?
http://i.imgur.com/GSoTAUL.png?1
Earring on Tama's left ear
http://i.imgur.com/XBSWkKA.jpg?1
similar looking earring on Uris' right ear
http://i.imgur.com/tloNkeH.jpg?1
From the first episode, notice the diamond shaped earrings and the hair that's slightly longer on the right side, it's kinda like Ruuko's hair
http://i.imgur.com/YbPqZ0E.png?1
It looks like a place Selectors go to before they become LRIGs, but who is the one talking during that scene?
http://i.imgur.com/5kXg5sq.png?1
AikamiMay 30, 2014 5:27 AM
May 30, 2014 5:16 AM
May 2014
Aikami said:
Maybe it was me who misunderstood something, but they never said winning 3 times grants your wish, did they? Losing 3 times taints your wish and takes your Selector status, yes, but didn't they say the amount of times you need to win depends on your wish?
Yes, the winning conditions depends on your wish.
I guess the conditions might not even be a specific number of battles, but it might require a certain
mindset or something like that.

The losing conditions seems to be very simple, 3 losses and you're out.
Some seems to be under the impression that the losses needs to be in a row, but I don't think that has
been said, so three losses is enough (if someone can show differently, then please post time and
episodenumber).
konatachan80May 30, 2014 5:27 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 30, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2009
you know if Kazuki had any sense he would have just said the reason that girl spread those rumors was becuase he rejected her.
May 30, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2012
konatachan80 said:
I guess the conditions might not even be a specific number of battles, but it might require a certain mindset or something like that.

Remember the last episode, Yuzuki stopped being Ruuko's friend and stopped symphatizing with Hitoe, putting her wish above everything else, maybe Hanayo was preparing or waiting for Yuzuki to develop the kind of mindset that doesn't care about what happens to others as long she gets what she wants.

I really do wonder now, if Hanayo was able to influence when exactly Yuzuki becomes LRIG or not. If Hanayo waited until she was sure Yuzuki could cold-heartedly deceive her future selector in order to save herself from being a LRIG, instead of succumbing to the cruel truth, that kind of makes me reevaluate Hanayo's personality for the better.

Seriously though as a LRIG, you need to be able to lie to your Selector in order to get out the card. If you, as a Selector, knew everything you would obviously never battle again and that reduces the chance for the LRIG to become a GIRL again to pretty much 0. Before I even used to think that the whole wish fulfilling dealio was a total scam, a blatant lie a random LRIG came up with in order to motivate their Selector to battle which then spread to other LRIGs, but then it turned out to be even worse then just a lie.
AikamiMay 30, 2014 5:54 AM
May 30, 2014 7:48 AM
Jan 2010
so why the fuck is hanayo acting like yuzuki
I swear to god the writers are making stuff up as they go along
May 30, 2014 8:48 AM
Feb 2014
Why did Yuzuki explain everything right in front of Hitoe? And why did Hitoe continue to play, knowing that she would end up like Yuzuki if she won?

Hanayo is so mean, I hope somehow Hanayo swaps back bodies with Yuzuki and Yuzuki no longer has feelings for her brother...
May 30, 2014 8:49 AM
May 2014
StardustReverie said:
so why the fuck is hanayo acting like yuzuki
I swear to god the writers are making stuff up as they go along

She doesn't. She behaves like Yuzuki with a fulfilled wish. Except for the wish-related part she's probably
all Hanayo, but there isn't much to compare with..

The ex-LRIG gets the selector's fulfilled wish, and the selector becomes the new LRIG.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 30, 2014 9:02 AM
May 2014
Aikami said:

Yes, dedication to her wish might be one such thing.
I doubt it is the LRIG that determines if you qualify or not.
Yuzuki said "I wonder why? Things feel different today", and later followed by "Maybe that means...
This battle really will be.." in that last battle, before Hanayo said anything about it.
-- Lord fifth
May 30, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
Kinda expected that confession though.
But man. What-the-hell. The plot twist. Although a teensy bit mind-blowing, I like this better over a typical harem with a pointless plot. And it has a second season! Yay!
May 30, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
KiraKumi said:
Why did Yuzuki explain everything right in front of Hitoe? And why did Hitoe continue to play, knowing that she would end up like Yuzuki if she won?

Hanayo is so mean, I hope somehow Hanayo swaps back bodies with Yuzuki and Yuzuki no longer has feelings for her brother...

I think they are forbidden to tell the whole truth... But scratch that. Yuzuki already told Ruuko about the real meaning to an endless girl-eternal shoujo swapping scam.
May 30, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
Aikami said:

The person battling in the first episode was Ruuko no doubt, just look at the hair and also the earring, it had the same shape as Ruuko's hair clip thingy, although I wonder whose LRIG Ruuko was. But wait, if Ruuko really was the LRIG from the first episode and won enough battles, wouldn't she take the appearence of her selector? So maybe the scene from the first episode will happen in the future after Tama takes over Ruuko's body and Ruuko becomes a LRIG.

Wow, you're right. I had to watch the 1st ep again to confirm it. Haha. Dang. Things are getting depressing.
May 30, 2014 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Ruuko, even if she doesn't want to battle, hse must do so. She's so lonely without her friends. I feel sorry for her, but she still has Tama on her side.

But.. Yuzuki's wish didn't come true??? I don't get it ..
Hitoe has Yuzuki like a LRIG now. It's kinda scary. I hoped Yuzuki's wish came true, but there's a little hitch..

The one, who grants a wish is not a Selector, but Selector's LRIG. So when Yuzuki became LRIG she must wait for Hitoe-san to win through numerous battles to grant Hitoe's wish? or she'll ended like her first LRIG.. This episode was very tough.
My favourite color is blue.

May 30, 2014 10:56 AM
Apr 2011
There's actually a way to stop this cycle, albeit it is a really messed-up and painful method. Remember that Hitoe's first LRIG disappeared after she lost. If all the selectors just lose 3 times, then all the LRIGS would be destroyed, and the game would end for good.
May 30, 2014 11:01 AM
May 2014
Kutsumiku said:
Poor Ruuko, even if she doesn't want to battle, hse must do so. She's so lonely without her friends. I feel sorry for her, but she still has Tama on her side.

But.. Yuzuki's wish didn't come true??? I don't get it ..
Hitoe has Yuzuki like a LRIG now. It's kinda scary. I hoped Yuzuki's wish came true, but there's a little hitch..

The one, who grants a wish is not a Selector, but Selector's LRIG. So when Yuzuki became LRIG she must wait for Hitoe-san to win through numerous battles to grant Hitoe's wish? or she'll ended like her first LRIG.. This episode was very tough.

Yuzuki's wish came true, but it wasn't applied to herself but to her LRIG..
What do you think the whole confession was about?

Considering what has happened so far this is how it appears to work:
When Hitoe wins, iow becomes an Eternal Girl/LRIG, then Yuzuki gets Hitoe's body and a life with
Hitoe's wish fulfilled. When Hitoe as an LRIG does the same, then she gets her selector's body
and a life with that selector's wish fulfilled.
It seems to be a sequential switcheroo where the wish is applied to the previous lrig.
-- Lord fifth
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.