Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2009 7:31 AM

Dec 2008
guidodi said:
Well it was going to be a 7 until I saw this episode... The anime this season seems to have a problem with killing the bad guys, they all end up free as if nothing happened..
Canaan killed like a million soldiers but noooo it would be wrong to kill alphard.
I can't believe there is people rating it with 9, considering 10 is supposed to be a masterpiece how can this be a 9??

6/10

Cause Alphard is like miserable and Canaan wants to save her?(I don't know.I mean it happens alot in animes...)
And I rated 9 for this also due to the character Canaan.(Character design similar to Shiki from Knk thats why=)

After the ED Canaan hair style looks was cute...Reminds me of Alphard...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 7:58 AM

Jul 2009
It seems to me that ending left a wide space for the next season... But that "THE END" kills that thought. CANAAN is a great anime, i would really like to see next season.
Sep 27, 2009 7:59 AM

Feb 2008
Fuck yeah, monk Cummings and Taxi driver. Although, I was waiting for him to do some bridge-jumping to the airport, but oh well. He's awesome enough to bump up my score. It'd be interesting (and helpful, since they didn't explain some things, like Alphard killing Siam) if they make a sequel, but I'm fine without it.

I'll give it a solid 8/10.
Sep 27, 2009 7:59 AM

Feb 2008
Asteriks said:
Asteriks said:
Garbage.

Highlights:

You're retard.

Canaan >>>>>>>>> all.
Which Canaan?
Sep 27, 2009 8:03 AM
Sep 2007
Nayah said:
Which Canaan?
Sep 27, 2009 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
Asteriks said:
Nayah said:
Which Canaan?
Only reason I managed to endure this anime.

That plus Cummings. And Liang too (a bit)
Sep 27, 2009 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
RedApples said:
It'd be interesting (and helpful, since they didn't explain some things, like Alphard killing Siam) if they make a sequel, but I'm fine without it.

I would be ok if they continue the anime and explain it there. I dont want to see whole season that is a prequel of CANAAN anime. Couse we already know what will happen and how. Maybe they explain it in the movie, i dont want to see these 3 movies to be copy/paste of the series but it would be great if they add like 20-30 minutes of new material in each movie.
Sep 27, 2009 9:00 AM

Mar 2009
hmm well, it was OK....I guess.
Sep 27, 2009 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
Mah.
The best thing about this show was the taxi driver.
And the pictures.
Sep 27, 2009 9:03 AM
Jun 2008
Plate said:
That wasn't very sugoi at all.

Lack of resolution for Canaan x Maria UST wasn't sugoi either :(
Sep 27, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
Thank God this shit is over.
Sep 27, 2009 9:15 AM

Nov 2007
The ending had a good insert song.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 27, 2009 9:19 AM

Sep 2007
Plate said:

QFT
Sep 27, 2009 9:37 AM
Dec 2007
The ending was good even if most of the issues raised in the script weren't really dealt with. It was more of an emotional/character-oriented ending than a plot resolution, but it was still satisfying for me.

And thus ends "Chugoku Monogatari" (I don't know what's up with Masahiro Ando, is he obsessed with China or what? ;))! But what really blew me away from first to last episode was undoubtedly the fantastic direction and the incredible consistency of the art and animation, especially during fights and other fast scenes. Yes, the script was not the best, yes the characters weren't as developped as they could have been, but just for its originality, its direction and solid production values, I rate this show 9/10.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2009 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
It's been a long time since I haven't seen a so cheesy ending.

This show was pretty awesome for its action, greatly animated gunfights, and some funny, though cliche, jokes. Other than that, I'd say pacing, plot holes, and a general lack of coherency are its weakness. So I'm giving this a 6/10 for its superior animation and overall it was quite enjoyable if you don't think too much. More than that would be overrating it.
Sep 27, 2009 9:52 AM

May 2008
Lol @ Minoru. "She had such a nice ass!"

So Cummings is a monk now...wow.

And I had a feeling Alphard was going to be alive. Though that doesn't leave it open for a second season, which I'm happy about. It should end like this..kind of like how Ga Rei Zero ended.

Sep 27, 2009 10:33 AM
Aug 2009
dont tell me this was a release from type-moon , damn, fate and tsukihime were too good

i geuss it was Ok after all
Sep 27, 2009 10:36 AM

Jul 2009
J-970 said:
Megiddo said:
De-JaY said:
Man, Alphard is really persistent. :P

Shooting her arm off when she could have shot Canaan is not "persistent".

It's being retarded.

No, it's being a badass.

No, it's being an *fixed*ass*fixed*

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 27, 2009 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
Glad I never took this show seriously or else I would have been disappointed a long time ago. These last episodes have been pretty damn good compared to the rest of the series, especially this final one. Seeing the taxi driver again, Cummings alive as a monk, Yun Yun doing odd jobs as usual, and Alphard still out on the prowl gave me some good closure. The confrontation on the train was nicely done too. I'm still confused as all hell about the whole backstory with Canaan/Alphard and the crazy experiments and stuff, but I'll just take it all with a grain of salt. It was an overall decent series for something that wasn't as good as it could have been. More of a "just-for-fun" anime than anything else. I liked it. 8/10
Sep 27, 2009 10:53 AM

Jul 2007
I came into this series expecting too much of it. The action style is one of my favourites, and it had some decent sequences, but the show failed to connect me to its themes and characters. In essence, I didn't feel it. Perhaps the themes just weren't to my taste; though as the prideful person I am, I would say that I'm well acquainted with the themes of 'trying to be amazing' and, as depravities in my past have exposed, the theme of 'finding your light/inspiration'.

To sum it up, this series sort of ended just like Rideback for me, which is a shame; Both were good quality series but seemed to be geared towards an artistic demographic with which I cannot connect.
6/10
Sep 27, 2009 11:03 AM

Apr 2009
Asteriks said:
Nayah said:
Which Canaan?

:)
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 27, 2009 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
Cummings actually alive, and a MONK, made my day.
I almost cried when I thought Alphard had died.
Thank gawd she was still alive.
And yea, the ending with Canaan looking a lot like Alphard with hair tied the way Alphard used to, nice. I like the new look. ='3
I hope Canaan won't really kill Alphard. D:

And yey for Yun-yun for saving Maria! ^0^
And back on business and being silly as always xDD
Also, thank gawd for the Taxi driver. He's awesome, seriously. xD

Sep 27, 2009 11:34 AM

Jul 2008
so it ended. was a really good show. it did entertain me, many nice action scenes, and they didnt censor anything, even when it was really cruel sometime.
after all it was a pretty good show, with a lot of interesting chars.
but still the story is a little bit strange/complicated. and i didnt really get the siam story, because there is something lacking. in the end 9/10

Sep 27, 2009 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
Im giving it an 8. I would have raised it a point if maria and cannan would have ended up together and the fact they dont is beyond my understanding, but overall the action scenes in this series were solid and well coreographed, i thought the plot was somewhat generic but the characters more then made up for it, it was a great watch.
Sep 27, 2009 12:23 PM

Aug 2007
I was like WTF when I noticed that it was Cummings who turned out to be a monk... So in the end it's Canaan versus Alphard. Guess Canaan now has an advantage now. Everything was awesome about Canaan, except the... story. T_T
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 27, 2009 12:37 PM
Jun 2008
SilentFate said:
Im giving it an 8. I would have raised it a point if maria and cannan would have ended up together and the fact they dont is beyond my understanding

Lesbian protagonists + mainstream anime =/= happen.

If it does happen, they die.
Sep 27, 2009 1:37 PM

Apr 2008
Definitely one of the worst of the season. So glad it ended. 4/10
Sep 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome.

I'm using a gun to cut my bread from now on. Seemed to work good for alphard.

and I sorta expected hakko to survive though.
Sep 27, 2009 1:42 PM

Apr 2009
Cummings is alive, huh? And Alphard..
8/10.
Sep 27, 2009 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
Expected more from Typemoon, so i was somewhat dissapointed.
Also the ending was so cliché, and it just screamed of "WE WANZ SECOND SEASON". So much more could have been done with this.
Sep 27, 2009 1:54 PM
Aug 2008
Megiddo said:

Shooting her arm off when she could have shot Canaan is not "persistent".

It's being retarded.

At that point I think she wasn't concerned with killing Canaan. What I took from that scene was that Alphard severed her arm that had the snake on it, thus it was a symbolic act of moving on from her past and Siam's ghost.
Sep 27, 2009 2:09 PM
Jul 2009
I loved this series. Good ending, I suppose 10/10
Sep 27, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2007
WinterNightsFall said:
Plate said:

Qft

Aside from the fight scenes, this show was below average.

6/10

so 6/10 is below average now, or was the action so good as to raise it a whole 2 points.

Also, 4/10.
And why the hell are they making three movies to retell this shitty story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
Are they going to make three movies, or are they going to divide the story up into 3 movies (4+4+5) with better animation in the middle section?
Sep 27, 2009 2:36 PM
Jun 2009
It was alright. I'm still confused about some parts though. Should have been longer to give more details.
Sep 27, 2009 2:47 PM

Jul 2008
7/10, nothing great as such
Sep 27, 2009 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
I just hoped that it would have a better ending...
Sep 27, 2009 3:10 PM

Jun 2007
Eh, uninspired ending to a fairly standard show. 7/10.
Sep 27, 2009 4:09 PM
Jan 2009
awsome ending and alphards obviously alive, you see her at the end sitting down. also its suprising that alphards still a terrorist after all that.
Sep 27, 2009 4:41 PM

Jul 2008
ehhh.....
would give this a 6/10
rly thought this anime had it but soon bored me...
expected more but eh..
+1 for the creation of the taxi driva =D
ending/final score 7/10
Sep 27, 2009 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
OOOOkay....Plot holes... Useless Cliffhangers... and the possibility for a second season huh? Well It ended at last... dunno what I feel... I mostly feel like Bah... but I also feel like okay... Heck I'm feeling like Alphardo... If You know what I mean... Oh whatever...

The first half of the episode was awesome... Yun Yun actually saving the poor helpless and hopeless - HOPELESS- Maria from a horrible death and the fight between Alphardo and Canaan, first on the train and then on top of the train western styled was actually good.... thou the talks were long, they were meaningful... Somehow needed to fill some plot holes. Yet...

The plot, the story was the worst of the Anime.... Not of its concept but the way it was executed and left unfinished... IMPO We needed to know why Siam was soooo important... We still need a reason why Maria got attached to Canaan... I feel the reasons to explain both things shallow... Not good enough to explain us everything

Then the second half exceeded what was done before!!! Man *facepalm* Is that even possible...? Why they had to make the ending like this... So everything else before this was useless? why Maria + Canaan couldn't happen eh? I guess it's all because they want Maria to grow, ad indeed her character grew, but in the end everything else was useless... That's what ticks me off... Well at least Maria had a nice ending

Two things that surprised me.... Cummings as a Monk and Alphado being alive... Kinda unexplainable... But heck.. I'm actually happy that Alphardo is alive... Yet how the heck she survived such pain and such fall? I loved how they tried to portrait Alphardo's disconnection from her past....

Oh and TAXI Driver Final appearance was meh but damn!!! He needed to appear at least one more time!!! I'm happy to see him back hahahaha 8/10 for this anime.... 4/5 for the episode

Signs,
Green
Sep 27, 2009 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
loved it 9/10 = )
Sep 27, 2009 7:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Despite plot holes and the incomprehensible character of Alphard, the ending was actually wrapped up.

The direction of the ending was pretty good even thought the entire story was meaningless <_<
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 27, 2009 7:32 PM
Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
This ending was somewhere between bad and mediocre. Alphard ended up only wanting to kill Canaan out of jealousy, shot herself in the arm, fell a few hundred feet into the ocean and managed to live. Maria lives also, and she and Canaan decide they can't remain beside one another. I'm sorry, but if they were going to have an ending like this, much of the last four or so episodes were totally unnecessary. Alphard is alive, so how is Yun Yun maintaining herself? The whole thing with the US, and virtually every other side plot was left totally unchecked.

If it weren't for the good direction (especially the shot of Canaan sitting on the train holding Alphard's arm), I would give it a 5. Maybe later it will drop to a five since the middle of the show wasn't done so spectacularly.

6/10

These are my exact thoughts, but I'm gonna give it a 5/10. The ending just didn't cut it for me.
Sep 27, 2009 10:53 PM

Feb 2009
Sorta predictable ending. Figured Alphard would pull the trigger on herself in some twist.

The action is good in this anime as expected, guess that's the only thing I can come away with 8/10. (I would of gave it an 9, but Liang died!!)
Sep 28, 2009 12:47 AM

Feb 2009
Worst damn ending (and last 3 episodes) I've seen in a while. Went from a 9/10 show to a 5/10 show on just this alone. *Sigh*
Sep 28, 2009 1:20 AM

Dec 2008
Puni said:
FUCK YEAH MONK CUMMINGS AND TAXI DRIVER!

Otherwise.. it was okay? I still don't get why half the characters do what they did though.
Sep 28, 2009 2:10 AM
Jul 2008
The beginning was okay, the middle went downhill, the ending was ... acceptable as an ending. I liked it when Alphard was still alive after falling from the train plus the shooting off her arm scene definitely +1. ( What's the point if "bad" guys die all the time?) The fighting parts plus Alphard's almost "random" but to me predictable actions +1.

**It's type-moon, they use type-moon logic, it's fine if you don't get the story or there's alot of unexplained stuff. Just enjoyed the art and the story in general, didn't pay much attention to details.

I did rate this a 9. I like some type-moon productions. The -1 was for the middle where it lost my interest and I waited til the entire series finished airing before finishing it all at once. It's closer to an 8, but overall I enjoyed some badass scenes tremendously so.
Sep 28, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
I was hoping Maria had died....

Me too, I wanted to see her speak sugoi in hell. >.<
If Maria had died the end would be better, for me it was responsible for the anime not be 10/10. But anyway I'm happy with the end of the cummings and watch the taxi driver again.
Sep 28, 2009 3:51 AM

Jun 2009
What is it about this taxi driver that people find so amusing? He's a noisy idiot that had a few appearances, none of which were particularly funny.

I feel no moe for Maria, but I don't see how her death would make the anime any better. Plus, it would have been naive to hope for such an outcome, if anything, it would be another in the series of unexplained plot events. This way it's a fail-cliffhanger but nothing that radical to divide the audience into those who think it's a total bummer she died and those who don't.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 22, 2009

106 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.