Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Zenkan made no arasuji" was interesting. There's talking only from quotes. Others are robot talking!

Chiri-chan became not straight? Large mistakes that nobody realizes??? (Many things on displays including someone from Gundam 00 (Zetsubou Sensei's role), and indicates Movie!) lol @ Morocchi (Mochiron - Of Course)!

Because Zetsubou Sensei opened the window, the wind took away Kiri-chan's blanket. Even if he bought her a new one, she must have that one. Safety blanket... Even the politician is involved!

Weird people that I'm guessing homeless... Wow that principle is so strong!

Kiyohikou's day? Christmas?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 27, 2009 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
This was a rather dull ending for the series - the jokes pretty much all fell flat.

I think that it is truly time for SHAFT to put SZS to rest once and for all.
Oct 12, 2009 10:33 PM

Aug 2008
Did any group pick up the last 2 episodes since GG dropped it?
Oct 31, 2009 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
I am going to murder someone if GG doesn't sub the last damn episode. They are pussyfooting around with too many random shows. Seakitties? Really? WTF is Seakitties???
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Nov 1, 2009 5:35 PM

Aug 2009
^Seakitties = Seacat = Umineko = Not random... >:

12th episode is subbed and I'm sure this will also be subbed in no time. Let's just wait. SZS was always one of the shows that always takes longest to sub. (cough it was disaster when AFK dropped ZokuSZS...)

dbaranyi said:
This was a rather dull ending for the series - the jokes pretty much all fell flat.

Haha yeah, I kind of agree... but...

I WANT MORE ZETSUBOU NO MATTER WHAT... D:
Nov 2, 2009 6:18 AM

Nov 2008
dbaranyi said:
Well, we still have two OVA's waiting.. and, if the manga is still publishing, you never know what to expect..
Nov 7, 2009 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
The thing I really hate, is that ZanSZS translator in GGs started to do other work... (Aoi Bungaku)

Hell, just finish this god damn episode instead of lurking other ass animes.

Edited: Aha, Finally subbed.
ringoo4Nov 8, 2009 5:11 PM
Nov 8, 2009 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
hmm i found boring as an ending O.o
and yesh bout time it's subbed >_>
Nov 8, 2009 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
the open gave me a good laugh
Nov 9, 2009 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
Unfortunately, this episode felt kinda flat for me, especially as it was the last one for this season. There were some good points, but overall, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did some other episodes.

Personal highlights:
-Jinroku's "fight" scene (awfully one-sided, hence the quote marks)
-More Kiri
-One of the examples of feeling secure because there's something worse than you was Speed Racer film to Dragonball: Evolution. The one time I actually laughed out loud.
-Return of Zetsubou Restaurant
-The Sayonara! Zetsubou Sensei song

Hopefully the OVA will take Chie-sensei's advice. Also, was Maria's friend ever given a name?
Ha-cha!
Nov 9, 2009 3:46 AM

May 2009
This season was kind of disapointing. I still enjoyed it, but this season is not nearly as good as the previous two seasons. The jokes are kind of getting old, so yeah 'I think we can work harder in the next volume' Indeed.
Nov 9, 2009 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
Me being the only one who actually thought the last episode was excellent.
Me being the only one who thought that Zan was at very least as good as the season one.
Me being the only one even mentioning Kenji Ohtsuki's drawing song, which made me feel frantically amused.
Nov 9, 2009 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
Orangevision said:
Me being the only one even mentioning Kenji Ohtsuki's drawing song, which made me feel frantically amused.

I didn't even notice... Damn those subbers not putting the Romaji-names under the Kanji!
...and damn me for not even realizing it was him even though I was able to read the Katakana "Kenji". >.<

I wanted Kumeta-sensei to sing the song for the last episode... well, let's see what Bangaichi has in store. Goodbye Zan, hello OVA!
Nov 9, 2009 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
I think it's clear that ZSZS suffered the most from SHAFT stretching itself too thin. The highlight of the season was the drawing song, followed by Chiri and Kaere's song in the last episode. I think there was maybe one balls out hilarious episode. I'm giving it a 7/10, but that seems a little too generous.
Nov 9, 2009 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
Hm, this was undoubtedly the worst episode of Zan - what a shame. Both the beginning and end of this season were rather dull, actually. That doesn't change the fact that most of the middle episodes were great - so I'm giving it an 8/10.
Nov 9, 2009 11:56 AM
Dec 2007
That song that played with Kiyohiko dancing is one of my favourite Zetsubou songs, and is actually called 'Sayonara! Zetsubou Sensei'. It came out about a year ago on an image album, with Ootsuki Kenji and a few of the girls. That album is pretty good, and there are some awesome songs on it. If any of you like the series, you should definitley get a hold of it. Not all of the songs are directly related to the series, but some of them have the feel of the series, if that makes sense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8VE0ChVQ8

Some bits did fly over my head during the episode.

The buzzword part, mainly. From what I got, on game shows there's usually some silly, idiotic looking guy who yells out the buzzword, and they probably have a few guys like that throughout the year. Maybe. I didn't really get the Kiyohiko part, either. Presumably some kind of pun on Christmas, or something to do with quietness.

Wasn't an excellent episode by any means, but it still filled me with that kind of feeling that series you adore can only do. I think this series kind of weakened towards the end actually, but even then, I still enjoyed everything.

I thought Yuu would start doing her screechy thing for the drawing song, actually. I heard a squeak at the very end though, so I guess she couldn't help being a bit dramatic after all. When everyone was singing the Kiyohiko Night song, I could have sworn I heard her yodeling in the background. :lmao

Awesome seeing Ootsuki Kenji there, too.
Nov 9, 2009 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
RetroElectro said:
That song that played with Kiyohiko dancing is one of my favourite Zetsubou songs, and is actually called 'Sayonara! Zetsubou Sensei'. It came out about a year ago on an image album, with Ootsuki Kenji and a few of the girls.

Yea, it was awesome when it started playing, though at first I thought it was coming from my itunes or something.....
And the part with Meru's Dad being in the background, oh GAWD that made me lol so much when I re-watched that part.
Well, this episode wasn't one of the more epic last episodes, but it was satisfying if you ask me. And I definitely think this season was great overall.

Nov 9, 2009 9:58 PM
Oct 2007
Does anyone know what all the incorrect lines were referencing? The only one I got was 'Hidebu!'.
Nov 10, 2009 12:40 AM

Jun 2007
OMG Ohtsuki Kenji?!

and a very resemblant too :P
I could recognize his very own voice, but it looked vay too... soft.

But maybe I'm just too used to his singing voice.

Nov 10, 2009 1:08 AM

Sep 2008
I give this season 7/10 because I preferred the previous seasons.

SZS has become more predictable. "The story until now" segment in the beginning, followed by the OP, followed by 3 segments, the ED and the the drawing song. Needs more random/ unexpected/ experimental elements. The only things that left a greater impression on me this season is the train episode and the kaere sensei music video.

P.S. For those of you that don't know, the narration of "the story until now" segment shown in the beginning of each episode is voiced by Saito Chiwa. Amazing.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 11, 2009 3:26 AM

Aug 2009
Eh. Zoku was WAAAAAAAAY better. Honestly, I think SHAFT was little too cautious this time. Too original. In Zoku, there were lots of segments that stood out from original, such as swapping voice actors. Meh. Definitely, budget problem was there too.

Kenji wins. I think the ending was brilliant. The whole 'Kiyohiko' part was just hilarious. (Kiyohiko's Night =/= Kiyoshiko's night = Silent night song) "Caugt unprepared due to the abrupt pun..." lolol

First two segment was great; Chiri YMCA, Komori Pajama. Only thing I could understand in the third one was 'JIROKU SENSEI ATTACK'. xD

Though, I give this one 8/10. (My fanboism does not allow me to rate this 7... ;_;)
ringoo4Nov 24, 2009 3:37 AM
Nov 11, 2009 4:35 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it.

Nov 11, 2009 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
hm, ragarding this was the last episode of this season, I feel disapointed^^ This episode was confusing...

But altogether, this season was really a great one. I specially liked how freaky Chiri-chan got sometimes and there were some really great topics here (schrödingers cat^^). I give a 8/10, with a big plus!
Nov 14, 2009 5:28 PM

Aug 2007
Was that the first time anyone has ever called Kafuka by her name? Because I can't remember...

Anyway, I thought this episode was quite funny. I didn't get the buzzword part though. Kinda went over my head. But overall, this was a pretty good season.
Nov 15, 2009 9:52 AM

Aug 2007
Kafuka at Fuuko mode, even more hilarious because she does them both. What the ... with those blankets recovering the recession.

I agree, this season is too predictable. Hilarious yes and some more characters introduced, but nothing really changed. The only thing that changes is the timing of the ending. Funny weird song at the end.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Nov 19, 2009 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
Not one of the best endings, but hey, they've already done so much with the previous seasons it seams rather unfair to expect too much greatness. My only real complaint is that there wasn't enough of Meru's father. Sure it was nice that they put him in the last episode, but he didn't really do anything...I wanted him to Falcon Punch Nozomu like he used to do. Oh, and I wanted them to give the new students more screen time, but hopefully they'll do that with the OVAs coming up.

Overall, I still loved it. Zan may not be as amazing as the original or Zoku, but it's still a great addition to the series as a whole.

Nov 20, 2009 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
Aww, another season ended. I didn't really get the last 10 minutes either though... o.x And that was Kenji in the drawing song? Yay, I was right if so~ :D
... and how is it not nice when people ignore the big mistakes... at least not judging on them? Kafuka won on that. :<
Nov 22, 2009 3:07 AM

Aug 2008
I'm a bit sad. First season, brilliant. Second season, flashes of brilliance. Third season, not much really stood out for me. I love the series, but this season failed to impress. This last episode was decent though. But Kiri & Matoi are pretty much my fav characters in this show, so whenever they're featured I enjoy it a little bit more.

DKJ
Nov 26, 2009 8:48 AM

Mar 2008
My highlight:

KENJI-SAMA in drawing song!

OMG, I was fired up! :D
Nov 27, 2009 7:01 AM

Jan 2009
Not a bad last episode. Was hoping for a spruced up OP though (like Zoku), but considering the shortage of manpower/budget, then again maybe not =(.

The part where Nami had her test paper up for display was utterly hilarious. LOL I could totally relate to that.The 2nd ending was an awesome touch too.

As a whole, this season has been kind of conservative. It followed too many of the protocol set in seasons 1 and 2.. As a fan of the series I cant bring myself to say that Zan was dull, but rather it not being outstanding left me kind of disappointed..

Looking forward to better OVAs xD. They did a pretty decent job with Goku and hopefully the upcoming ones as well.
Dec 6, 2009 9:44 PM

Apr 2008
o-olll that was seriously retarded -.-

Dec 15, 2009 12:22 PM

Dec 2007
It was okay. There were better episodes. The error part was good, and the blanket segment was fine.
Mar 15, 2010 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
Maria and some other child were the ones working in the blanket security part, did anyone else catch that?

I laughed when they were working with those masks. Such a horrible joke, SHAFT, yet you made it funny.
Apr 4, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
great but season one was better
Apr 5, 2010 8:17 AM
Jan 2010
Orangevision said:

Hahaha, yeah.
Hope this wasn't the last season.
May 28, 2010 12:45 PM

Sep 2009
Meh, a pretty mediocre episode. The first part with the mistakes wasn't that great. Then with the blanket was pretty bad too. The last part was ok, especially with the principal owning those 3 people. The ending ending was epic, however.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Jul 9, 2010 1:36 PM

May 2008
Wow, a lot of hate. Yeah, it wasn't the best season, but this series was better than most animes that come out this year. 8/10
Nov 23, 2010 2:58 PM

May 2010
I'm amazed by how many people disliked this episode. I thought it was fantastic, though I'll admit some parts went over my head (and I bet that's why many people didn't like it). So many cultural references, this was definitely made with a Japanese audience in mind lol. I feel left out :(
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 30, 2010 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
i love this season. definitely a exciting show

also the group picture alone makes this the best episode this season ^^

kafuka-chan is sooooooo cute =)

definitely a 10/10 for me :D
Jan 17, 2011 6:45 AM
May 2008
noteDhero said:
I think it's clear that ZSZS suffered the most from SHAFT stretching itself too thin. The highlight of the season was the drawing song, followed by Chiri and Kaere's song in the last episode. I think there was maybe one balls out hilarious episode. I'm giving it a 7/10, but that seems a little too generous.

Honestly, this. I think I'm a bit more generous with my ranking of the show however, because I'm an absolute sucker for the art style and characters.

8/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 16, 2011 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't like this last episode that much. Ah well, this had some good episodes, but I preferred the previous seasons.
Oct 18, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Nozomu said:
Komori's being wrapped for the sake of Japan! Wrapped for the sake of Japan's economy!

I laughed so hard at this one.

Chiri talking about distributing Nozomu's body parts....gore~

It's finally ends, guess more despair for me =)
Nov 21, 2011 3:21 AM

Feb 2009
Not as hilarious as first season or original and experimental as second season, and it's noticeable SHAFT didn't put much effort into Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. However it's still SZS, with plenty of gags and interesting themes. So if you loved the other seasons, you can't miss this one!

This episode was sincerely one of the weakest. It still had its moments (like the Blanket mass production!), but overall it's a poor ending for the series.
Jan 29, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2011

Ah, it's over. Third season, another fun ride of absurdity and humor. Lmao @ Kiyohiro's night. Fucking priceless. 7/10
Mar 28, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2012
A good ending for this season I wonder what the extra 2 episodes will be like! The episode sure was funny especially the blanket part!

A good ending with a good end drawing song like usual! Lets see what those two extra episodes will be like!
May 18, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
Hmm the last 3 episodes flied a bit over my head, but I was still happy to see Zetsubou sensei and his crowd going here and there.
Still a better season than Zoku for sure, if it wasn't the last eps it would be as good as the first season, but that last part is probably undersantable only by Japaneses.
May 29, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2015
Well, I guess this is okay as a last episode for Zan. It seems Shaft went original.

Nice. Ootsuki Kenji on drawing song (the one who sang the 3 opening songs from SZS series)
I thought his voice is different from when he sings OP. The OP has dandy voices but drawing song has soft voice.

Overall, 8/10 for Zan.
9/10 for Zoku
8/10 for 1st Season.

Proceeding to Bangaichi.
Nov 19, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2015
Regular funny episode...

...I'm confused: it seemed like something big would happen at the end. I've definitely heard people say that the OP Ringo Mogire Beam video was some symbolism for the end and that something would happen but... Nothing happened. So, what WAS the symbolism in RMB?

That aside, I am going to miss this series (well, I will watch the next OVA but then it's finished). It didn't always make me laugh and some of the stories have been a little dull. But this series truly is one of a kind and it's had some really great moments. 7/10
Feb 1, 2018 5:04 PM
Nov 2016
As others have said, it was a pretty weak ending to the season and series as a whole. I think they lost something by ditching the experimental stuff from season two. Despite this, the whole season was pretty strong. Going to miss this show, very original in both style and content. Loved those title cards at the beginning of each segment.
Apr 24, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2017
Rest in peace, Zetsubou Sensei. Guess I'll have to pick up the manga

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 22, 2009

62 by lullabyofthedead »»
Apr 16, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2009

53 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 12, 2009

79 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 10, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

grapeofdeath - Sep 19, 2009

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 29, 2021 10:22 AM

Poll: » Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 12, 2009

39 by 0451 »»
Jul 28, 2021 4:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.