Forum Settings
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 2016 2:30 AM
Nov 2014
So gutted to see an amazing manga comes to an end, I will miss Onizuka and co alot. Ending was very solid, much better than the anime version imo.

8.5 - 9 for me. (Rounded off the score to 9/10.)
Mar 5, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
The greatest manga i have ever read ! That is all.....
Oct 7, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
Just finished reading it and I fucking loved this manga.

The only complaint I have is that storytelling gets a lot weaker in the last arc, when the Angels and Daimon are introduced, and I didn't enjoy much the way Fujisawa handled Sho's and Daimon's motivations (Sakurai having a scar for saving Daimon felt ass-pulled to me). I also think Miyabi's last conflict could be handled a lot better, but I'm okay with the way it was done.

I also enjoyed the fact that the story isn't just about Onizuka being a teacher, but also about people learning how to live by their mistakes and children being children while growing up.

This could be an easy 10/10 if it wasn't for these last 5 volumes falling short for the incredibely marvelous rest of the series, but its greatest qualities (such as the character writing and development and the way Fujisawa used all of it to creat context to debate more serious themes and reinforcing the plot with this social commentary) remained there until the very end and I have to give the props to it.

Overall, despite my complaints, this is one hell of a fucking good ride that everyone should take. 9-9,5/10 for me
Apr 11, 2017 7:16 AM

Dec 2015
Despite being a completely unrealistic series with a realistic setting, and a bunch of non-developed and pointless characters, it was a really great read. Superb character development, action, life lessons and VERY entertaining. Urumi best girl, very well written character.
7.5/10
Jan 12, 2018 4:32 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A bit more closure on some of the characters would've been nice. But overall, it was a satisfying ending for a great series! My only real compliant for this series is that it heavily relies on miracles and coincidences way too much. I get that Onizuka's supposed to be a miracle man, but jeez, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a plot twist at the end showing that Onizuka is a legit god. Although most of the series has the same setup of: A student/teacher hates Onizuka's ways -> wants to get rid of them from the school -> uses complex plans to try to get rid of him -> ends up backfiring -> Onizuka teases them a bit -> flashbacks for the bad guy/girl, showing why we should sympathize with them -> ends up with a change of heart and realizes that Onizuka's isn't all that bad. It's a repetitive formula that somehow keeps the series going without feeling stale and keeps it almost always entertaining. The setups given in the series automatically make you want to root for Onizuka, and that's enough for this series to become a memorable one. Combine that with the series' themes, life lessons, and social commentaries, and you got yourself an amazing series. I'm also surprised by how much I ended up liking the supporting characters. I think the final arc overdid it a bit, with Sho being the worst of the worst, yet get's little-to-no consequences for his actions. Plus we got Onizuka coming back from the dead, which was both a wtf and an lol type of moment.

Overall, completely satisfied with the manga. Probably an 8.4/10 and will definitely give Shonan Junai Gumi are read someday.
Mar 2, 2018 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
Wish it had more of a closure, especially on the part of relationships, maybe a timeskip could have worked too.

Anyway mostly an entertaining manga for the major half, thing is you can always argue about how cliched or predictable most of the plotlines are but perhaps it's because of Onzika's unique way of solving problems and interactions with some fun side characters, it maintains an enjoyable level. However I felt that the Teshigawara arc dragged too much towards the end(as how the backstory was introduced a bit later than for the dramatic effect), and the last arc was weaker than the rest of the story(although Miyabi's issues were handled in a much better way than the anime). The morale, the life lessons, or the topics dealing with social issues, and how Onizuka is used as a mouthpiece for that, really made it a memorable ride overall.

May 22, 2018 7:20 AM
Aug 2016
I'm gonna miss this series
Oct 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2013
What a masterpiece, this guy is the best teacher in the universe.
Nov 4, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2016
A bit repetive and unrealistic for sure, yet so charming exactly for these aspects.

Truly a masterpiece in the comedy and drama genre and Onizuka is one of the best characters in this medium.

So sad that I'm done with this manga, but I will definitely read the other titles of this franchise too.

9,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2017
When I started this manga after watching the anime I had planned to finish it in a month but it ended up taking me 5 months instead. There was a lot of strings pulled in scenarios but overall it was a great manga and I can't want to start reading the sequel. This was a nice chapter but I wish we got some closure with the students in class four. Who was the old man Sakurai was wheeling out?
Dec 21, 2019 7:43 AM
Nov 2015
--ALEX-- said:
Enjoyable manga, but at the same time I feel it was very repetitive and lacking.

Still....a SOLID 8/10
what was repetitive about it?
Jun 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't like this chapter specifically, a flavorless ending, I would have liked an ending all together at school.

Speaking in general until the Miyabi saga, the level is very high, while with the last part of Shibuya the level drops, especially I didn't like the last 5 chapters and the awakening of Onizuka was too obvious.

But is still 10/10 anyway.
LevaisJun 24, 2020 6:40 PM
Apr 18, 2021 5:05 AM

Nov 2018
What a fantastic series GTO is! This is certainly one of the greatest classics in manga. Definitely worth reading, especially for the younger folks.

I kinda wish I read this throughout my time at school rather than now, as this manga teaches you many important life lessons that I could've taken to heart then and use for myself.

If this series kept me more drawn in, I would've given this a perfect 10, but it didn't, unfortunately. So I'll give GTO a solid 9/10.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 8, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Very good final chapter to what was a good but slightly disappointing manga in the reread (rated 9 before, 7-7.5 now). The lessons were great, and there were tons of memorable/awesome moments that I enjoyed and seeing Onizuka break the walls of his students and truly be the 'Greatest Teacher' out there was such a wild but awesome ride. Great teachers don't necessarily mean the best with grades and education necessarily, and Onizuka in this entire manga showed why.

Only reason why I'm giving it a strong 7, and not a higher score is because some of the events and characters were too dumb for my liking despite the good intentions (particularly in the final quarter of the series), and the Miyabi storyline was really disappointing too. But overall, GTO's quality is like life itself in a way; despite plenty of stumbles, it's about rising up from them and enjoying life and youth as much as you can, that'll pave the way for the rest of your life.
Aug 29, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2017
> start reading a seemingly comedic manga about a wacky high school teacher over a year after you graduate

> become enamored with the lovable cast of characters and deep psychological messages

> realize you wasted your whole four years of high school being the resident background "Quiet Kid™" when you could have had experienced high school like this had you just been more socially outgoing

> finish the manga and realize it's over, just like your chance to have a meaningful high school experience; gone forever

> cry

Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Jul 14, 2022 8:35 AM
Jan 2022
I started GTO as a joke but holy shit this is one of the best manga I have ever read

Maybe I will check out it's prequel and the anime sometime soon
Oct 1, 2022 12:33 AM
Oct 2021
Wanted to see soe romance between Onizuka and Azusa

Anyway i’ll give this manga a 9/10
Oct 26, 2022 4:26 AM

Dec 2018
Not gonna say the manga was anywhere close to great, but it is quite a fulfilling (and absolutely hilarious) experience. Easily one of the best chapters in the manga (second to this would be one of those comedic chapters).
. . .
Apr 7, 2023 10:28 PM

Feb 2021
Honestly, loved the ending, that final page, "what does school mean to you", I love it! Besides just how awesome Onizuka was, I loved the characters! Excellent work all around, just wish the rest of the manga was an anime!
May 22, 2023 4:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was emotional... best teacher ever, even death can't do anything against him!
Jul 22, 2023 7:43 AM

Aug 2022
Such a great and emotional ending. Easily one of the best manga ever made.
Jan 20, 2:20 PM
May 2021
10/10 man. Onizuka really is a great fckn teacher!!!
Apr 3, 3:37 AM
Jan 2024
It sounds like you've really connected with the characters and story of the series you're referring to, and it's not uncommon for stories to have that effect on people. When a series ends, especially when you've become so invested in it, it can leave a void. However, the beauty of storytelling is that it often sparks creativity in others. While official continuations or expansions may not exist, there's a vibrant fan community out there that may have created fanfiction or other fan works to continue the story or explore different aspects of it.

If you haven't already, you might try searching for fanfiction or fan-created content related to the series. You may find something that scratches that itch for more adventures with Onizuka and the Class of 4. Additionally, sometimes creators release supplementary materials or side stories, so it's worth checking if there are any official spin-offs or extra content related to the series.

Regardless, it's wonderful to hear how much the series has impacted you and brought you joy. Sometimes, the best stories are the ones that leave us wanting more, as they inspire us to imagine our own adventures and endings for the characters we've grown to love.
Apr 17, 8:03 AM

Nov 2019
I'm graduating soon and i'm going to college. Im soooo grateful for reading that series
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Chapter 175 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 25, 2012

6 by Stefff32 »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Chapter 167 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 25, 2012

5 by Stefff32 »»
Nov 28, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Chapter 124 Discussion

kiririnshi - Jul 14, 2010

5 by Stefff32 »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Chapter 18 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 21, 2012

5 by Largestgwaph »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Chapter 128 Discussion

Rasco - Jan 24, 2012

7 by Figva »»
Oct 7, 2023 1:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.