Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2014 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
End to a great arc. I like that final moment between Gon/Killua and Feitan/Phinks, particularly the part with Paku.

Now, it is time for Greed Island.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
Yep, with this chapter marks the conclusion of the Yorknew Arc. I'm on the PS3 so I won't be able to delve that deeply into my thoughts for this arc but needless to say, I loved it. This is far and away one of the greatest arcs I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing & if it wasn't for the Chimera Ant arc later on, it would be my favorite arc of all-time. The last third of this arc is essential to why I love it, it has basically zero action in it (only really the stuff in the darkness) yet it is equally as tense and even more satisfying than a climatic battle would've been. & this chapter was a really touching way to end it off. I always loved how Pakunoda's development went & the scene where Phinks told Gon & Killua that she was thankful to them is a really nice moment & the perfect end to an arc. Somebody once said, "Hunter x Hunter is not about battles, it's about giving the characters emotional weight", & this is one of the best examples of that.
May 3, 2017 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
I think the arc ends the previous chapter. We do get some information about Pakunoda and the Troupe, but other than that, it's all new. We now go straight back to just focus on Gon and Killua's Greed Island hunt, which really fits more into the Greed Island arc.

Anyway, I love the bit where they encounter Phinks and Feitan, I think it's one of my favourite comedic moments from the series. The flashback with Gon, Killua and Pakunoda is great and I do like that Gon gets genuinely sad.
Feb 6, 2018 7:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Ryodan members are very calm!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.