Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shugo Chara!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched on KeyHoleTV.

There's no preview part from Amu's shugo charas this time. x eggs are in (while the traps is undone.) and the collections were all dropped. x eggs were all gathered everyone around and took embryo and Hikaru away. They all chara-naried. All of x-eggs formed a large x-egg with Hikaru in it. The form returns whenever they attack. Yaya's attack is useful and saved Hikaru. x-egg then cried out loud. Everyone's sadness got affected, except Hikaru because he thinks that sadness is unnecessary. x-egg attacked Hikaru, but the Easter person protected him. Amu told him about the importance of the emotion.

Huge x-egg, then, stopped the cry and attacked Amu. Ikuto and Tadase protected her, and told her she just do what she need to do. Amu used the 4 jewerly color of lock on to purify x-eggs. (her chara-naris interchanged, too.)

Amu taught Hikaru that he's needed. Hkaru's hand is reddened because he was holding the rock. Hikaru wanted to collect just because he want to fill out the hole. Everyone taught Hikaru about he needs to find out his own egg. It was turn out that embryo was Hikaru's egg! The shinyness came back and his egg get into him. He then began to cry (This is why embryo got darkened when he was near Hikaru).

That easter person felt sad when Hikaru's crying and Tsukasa told him what to do. So, he hugged Hikaru.

Everyone is wondering about the last page, then asked Hikaru. He told them that it was an empty page! lol Tsukasa said everyone should make their own story.

Tadase told Ikuto he can keep the humpty key because it was his father's. (Yoru asked about the dark egg, which was his fathers.)

Ikuto kissed Amu suddenly on his cheek and gone while Utau and Tadase was shocked!

Next day, Kiseki was very proud. Hikaru is very successful in his business. Utau is having a concert! Nikaido, Kairi, and Kuukai were asked to help out in getting into the new company.

x-egg's appear again. During the fight Tadase asked Amu if she likes Ikuto. She said Tadase was too bright for her, but she has turned the feeling into love toward him. Amu is successful in purify the x-eggs.

End note: everyone needs to make their wishes come true by themselves. Then they began "making fun" of Amu again.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 25, 2009 7:53 PM

Sep 2008
I expected a lame episode with tsubasalover's lolsummary.

THE EMBRYO IS A LIE

The best part HAD to be the kiss on the cheek, but they just had to leave enough room for Tadase to start squeezing into that potential relationship.
-Sigh- I want to beat him up so much.

I enjoyed the first season a little more, too much Ikuto neglecting really killed it for me, and the ending really wasn't all that spectacular. I'll have to give it 5 X Charas/10 Shugo Charas.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
I hate it that people hate Tadase so much (feel free to kill me), and that's why I found the kiss on the cheek thing very bad.

Anyway, in a way its good for Tadase cause Amu "loves" him, but Ikuto "kissed" her on the cheek, so, half half.

Btw, I don't think there is ever going to be a real kiss between the Amu couples. *sigh*
Sep 25, 2009 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
I love how they didn't solve the romantic plot AT ALL, pffff.

But still, yay, Tadamuto! They're so cute.
Sep 25, 2009 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
poketonip said:

Btw, I don't think there is ever going to be a real kiss between the Amu couples. *sigh*

Well .. for kids at their age .. u wont expect them to be kissing mouth to mouth ...

Not a bad way to end this series ...

Sep 25, 2009 10:12 PM

May 2009
A very splendid episode and ending of shugo chara season 2 ^^

on the other way around, I love it when ikuto kissed Amu in the cheeks!
(obviously because of bullying her again XD)

but still!!!
I hate Tadashe! *no offense*
because Tadase is so girlish in attitude and in form (do yah agree?)

I love a guy which is somewhat like mysterious and cool for Amu XD

PS: I am so grateful to see again Kairi on the last part of this episode

I am formerly known as "AnimePrincezz" on MAL, I change my username to "Rinjii", the Japanese name for my real name.
Sep 25, 2009 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
well it wasnt a very good ending, but it was nice
HawthorneKitty said:

The best part HAD to be the kiss on the cheek,
it was

and im somehow dissapointed about amu not usin dia now that she has her with her.
four leaf clover ka?....
still next week we have the 3rd season, s its ok 9/10
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 26, 2009 4:40 AM
Jul 2008
The best part had to be the kiss on the cheek. I enjoyed the first season much more, too much Ikuto neglecting really killed it for me, and the ending really wasn't all that spectacular.
Sep 26, 2009 5:26 AM

Mar 2009
Not a brilliant ending I must say but I still liked it.

Sep 26, 2009 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
poketonip said:
I hate it that people hate Tadase so much (feel free to kill me), and that's why I found the kiss on the cheek thing very bad.

Anyway, in a way its good for Tadase cause Amu "loves" him, but Ikuto "kissed" her on the cheek, so, half half.

+1. I don't like it that people hate Tadase so much. D: He's not that bad. (Don't kill me though. XD) I didn't mind the kiss though. It was unpredictable, in a good way. :D

The ending was kind of cute. :3 I don't know what they would put in the third season now that they solved the whole embryo thing though.

Hopefully one of the episodes is when Amu finds out that Nagihiko is Nadeshiko. XD
Sep 26, 2009 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
Silver_ribbons said:
poketonip said:

+1. I don't like it that people hate Tadase so much. D: He's not that bad. (Don't kill me though. XD) I didn't mind the kiss though. It was unpredictable, in a good way. :D

The ending was kind of cute. :3 I don't know what they would put in the third season now that they solved the whole embryo thing though.

Hopefully one of the episodes is when Amu finds out that Nagihiko is Nadeshiko. XD

I agree with you. I think the ending was suitable for this series.
I'm about half and half with Tadase and Ikuto pairings.
I'm surprised they didn't make an episode about Nagihiko/Nadeshiko though, I guess that's just one of their cliff-hangers.
Sep 26, 2009 11:31 AM

May 2008
Damn T^T I cried when Hikaru cried..poor kid D: He was holding all that sadness in for the longest time.

And YAY for Kukai and Kairi <3333 Awesome. The kiss with Amu and Ikuto was alright..I don't want Amu hurting Tadase though :/ Seeing him get upset is depressing.

Onward to season three. Hopefully it'll be better than this season, because I liked season 1 better than this.

Sep 26, 2009 3:18 PM

Sep 2009
i was really happy about the kiss (on the cheek... awww) and how utau called kukai to help her (that means she acknowledges him somehow. its not much but its a start)

it wasn't absolutely awesome but i cant complain! ^^
Sep 26, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Silver_ribbons said:
poketonip said:

YEAH, YOU AGREE!
Moving on: actually that wasn't the embryo (yeah, right), so there "must" be another season.

I prefer Tadamu, btw :D
Sep 26, 2009 5:02 PM

Sep 2008
For me the kiss on the cheek was still the best part. :D I'm sorry that so many people don't like Tadase...?

I felt really terrible for little Hikaru. D: It seems like he's never had ANY fun in his entire life.

All in all it was a satisfactory/suitable ending to the anime. I always thought that Embryo would turn out to not be what everyone thought it was, but I wouldn't have expected it to be Hikaru's heart's egg...
Sep 26, 2009 6:47 PM

Sep 2008
I had so much expectations and they were all crushed!!! *cries*
they ended with an amuxtadase moment!! why?! and who knows where ikuto went?! in search of his dad how lame! he should have stayed with amu! and the fact that nagihiko didn't tell amu the truth that he was in fact her best friend completely ruined it for me! since the beginning of Doki i've been anticipating the ep when the truth will come out and it never did!!! i wanted to see amu's expression! plus all the guys are lying to her! she deserves the truth!!!

apart from that. the kiss in the cheek made my day :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 9:40 PM
Jan 2009
A crappy season all together, the last 3 eps were the best probably.
Still debating whether or not to watch 3rd season...
Sep 26, 2009 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
Loved the kiss on the cheek from Ikuto! But I wished they didn't leave it unclear about who Amu ends up with....

Sep 27, 2009 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
I know we're not supposed to compare the manga and anime here, but when you've read the manga (and loved it), it's impossible to ignore how BAD this episode was. So yes, I basically hated it. Ikuto's leaving and the kiss were supposed to be the highlights of this crappy season, but they were totally ruined-- I nearly missed them both since they happened in what, ten seconds?

Though I don't passionately hate Tadase, seeing Tadamu-ending when it was supposed to be Amuto... Well that just sucks.

Overall, this was one bad season and the worst episode ever.

Oh, and there's gonna be another season? I'd like to see how Satelight's gonna fix this mess (if I'm even going to watch it, that is).
Sep 27, 2009 2:43 AM

May 2008
Cool Season. Looking Forward to the 3rd Season!
Sep 27, 2009 3:34 AM

May 2009
I liked the ep very much !!!! I haven't read the manga yet (shame on me ) so I can't compare them. I cried too when Hikaru cried and I was really moved because he finally released all that pressure and saddness he was carrying in his heart *cries*.
Also I liked Ikuto leaving because now we have to wait for Amu to find him.
And the kiss was quite good I'd say^^
And sth more, I reeeeaaaaly loved the scene where Yaya was crying and Utau told her to get a grip of herself (meaning she cares for her and they are friends).

Imouto chara BANZAI!!!!!

Luckily nagihiko has yet to reveal his secret to amu , the embryo is still missing and Ikuto left to go searching (probably). That means we expect the 3rd season to be really interesting .... I can't wait!!
Sep 27, 2009 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome episode, I loved season 2 much more than season 1 (minus the fillers >_<) I've read the manga though, and the ending was abit different, which was a shame..
All I can do is look forward to the next season, and hope it'll be just as good. :D
Sep 27, 2009 4:14 AM

Jan 2008
Omg

They really DID change the Amuto Scene ;_;
I will never forgive the animators for this!

People, if you are a Amuto fan, you should read Chapter 43!

But still, it was an okay-Ending. With a lot of talk about hearts, feelings, love, eggs, omlettes and so on. Well, whatever.

And I cried too, when Hikaru cried XD Dunno why, but it kinda touched me. And I even knew what was going to happen (as I read the manga)!

Will be watching Season 3. Even if it will be full of fillers. ARGS!
Sep 27, 2009 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
Nice ending^_^!!

i'm really satisfied with it, but i would prefer ikuto and amu pair.

they are perfect 4 each other!!

REALLY looking forward 4 season 3!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 27, 2009 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
Good ending. Looking forward to the third season.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 27, 2009 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
What with this ending !!?
I was sooo disappointed !!! >-<

They took away all the good parts from the manga ! >-<

Sep 27, 2009 10:51 AM

Feb 2008
tsubasalover said:
Nikaido, Kairi, and Kuukai were asked to help out in getting into the new company.

"Asked to help"? More like, "forced" if you tell me. xD

HawthorneKitty said:
The best part HAD to be the kiss on the cheek, but they just had to leave enough room for Tadase to start squeezing into that potential relationship.
-Sigh- I want to beat him up so much.

I enjoyed the first season a little more, too much Ikuto neglecting really killed it for me, and the ending really wasn't all that spectacular. I'll have to give it 5 X Charas/10 Shugo Charas.

Haha, guess I wasn't the only one disappointed about the fact that they added more Tadase into that potential ship.
I wanted to beat the STAFF themselves. xD
Sad...the moment I've already started liking Tadase, the staff had to do a lot more stupid things for me to have a reason to dislike him.

This episode is "meh."
I really like the first season a lot more.
I'm sad that the anime started so great but it's now turning into a mess.
Sad. Peach-Pit made it so awesome because of their manga, but the anime producers make it lame.
I'm not very happy.

So in the end...we'll get A LOOOOT of fillers, more X-eggs, Ikuto doesn't go away (which is good) but still...
With the upcoming fillers, Idk if I'd have the appetite to still continue this series.
It makes me cry.
The first season...-sigh- I'd kill to watch it all over again rather than see this anime turn into trash.

Sep 27, 2009 4:17 PM

Mar 2009
Oh my god! the BEST of all the BEST! is that kiss on the cheeks of ikuto and amu!!!
while im watching that part i goes "kyaaaaaaaa~!"
im rooting for more amuto scenes in season 3!!
Sep 27, 2009 8:17 PM
Aug 2009
i didnt really like this episode for some reason i just felt disappointed for no apparent reason at all oh well cant wait for the net season >_<
Sep 27, 2009 10:43 PM

Mar 2008
I really couldn't feel so bad for the kid in this one. Probably since I've just been disappointed with the whole revelation that he was behind it. I mean come on they went through all of this because some kid wanted something shiny? Not even after the wish potential he just wanted something really shiny for the display case. God that company would have been run into the ground at some point.

Of course it's probably taking things too seriously but it's not like Ikuto and Utau went through happy times. Ikuto was pushed far beyond his limits by the director who is now supposed to be a sympathetic figure.

The kiss on the cheek was a high point for the episode though. Reminds you how tough it's been since Ikuto was captured and unable to do those kinds of things to Amu. Should have been rescued sooner :).
Sep 28, 2009 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not a Amuto fan so I didn't feel disappointed. I didn't mind the fillers that much but this season still wasn't as good as the first. 6/10
Oct 1, 2009 1:12 AM

Aug 2008
It was a nice episode, I liked it.

It was too sentimental to see every one cry, one of the main reasons I very liked the episodes. And as for the kiss, I really didn't expected it, I though Ikuto was going to nipple Amu's ear, like he previously did, that's why I was shocked to see the kiss.
As an Imuto fan, I didn't like it when they "Hinted" that Amu was going to end up with Tadase :(

I didn't expect them to end everything here, there's still another season, and I am looking forward for it
Oct 7, 2009 11:42 PM

Sep 2009
This kiss was the best part....the rest was just ok to me. This show doesn't seem to be as good as it initially was...or as interesting, something like that. I might as well see what's in the next season though.
Feb 24, 2010 4:24 PM

Nov 2009
ahaha nm X3 i really do like that kid somewhat... hes jus so cute... XP his personality though was really selfish... but then he got his heart egg back!!! YAHOO X3 omg eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee IKUTO KISSED AMU!!! lol and tadese and utau saw... that sucks 4 amu XD ahh this was such a great season!!! and i REALLY hope ikuto finds his father!!! i wonder who the bad ppl will be in the next season... hmmm... ahh ill jus have 2 find out >.<
Apr 16, 2010 5:38 PM

Jan 2010
zshiru said:
I know we're not supposed to compare the manga and anime here, but when you've read the manga (and loved it), it's impossible to ignore how BAD this episode was. So yes, I basically hated it. Ikuto's leaving and the kiss were supposed to be the highlights of this crappy season, but they were totally ruined-- I nearly missed them both since they happened in what, ten seconds?

Though I don't passionately hate Tadase, seeing Tadamu-ending when it was supposed to be Amuto... Well that just sucks.

Overall, this was one bad season and the worst episode ever.

Oh, and there's gonna be another season? I'd like to see how Satelight's gonna fix this mess (if I'm even going to watch it, that is).

your whole post just sucked all together.
How dare you say that about Tadase!!!! Dx
I love Tadamu AND Amuto. But mostly Amuto.
This episode rocked. And the season just rox my sox!
I'm going to watch the next season. D:
I loved the kiss on the cheek cF
Apr 20, 2010 1:34 PM

Jan 2010
Awww.... Poor Hikaru! ;__;

I think it was a good ending. Not spectacular, but still, good. 8/10, for the art/cuteness/outfits/Ikuto-ness.

AAAAH HE KISSED HER! 8D *Jumps around the room while uttering fangirl screams*
May 11, 2010 9:26 AM
Sep 2009
does anyone know when the 3rd seaon is coming out?
May 11, 2010 9:28 AM
Sep 2009
and there has to be more amuto scences in season three
Jun 26, 2010 11:47 AM

Nov 2009
Thank god it is over. I didn't mind that they had a kid type plot, but with all the fillers that little content being dragged over 103 episodes....Shesh. That said the fillers were still moderately enjoyable so i am still giving this an 8/10. I don't plan on watching season three because of the great outrage surrounding it; I rather leave my positive opinion of this show intact.
May 16, 2011 9:19 AM
Nov 2008
Thoughts on the last arc:
Wow, what a disappointing rush to tie up all the lose ends. The kid was dumb. From the very beginning, the Embryo has been all about granting wishes, and that gets tosses aside in an instant in favor a shiny rock for some kid's collection. That's not viable grounds for an evil company to be evil! The blank page in the book was a lousy cop out. Kukai and Kairi were also disappointingly absent. And all that time waiting to find out what would happen when the Dumpty Key unlocks the Humpty Lock and we get...a bride and a pirate? You could make some loss connections to their characters, but it felt pretty random. I thought they could have made much better use of the card suit theme. Even then, we only get to enjoy it for a few minutes. And I know this is getting nitpicky, but I was thoroughly bothered by the fact that the Humpty Lock was still physically locked after making use of the key! Sheesh!

Thoughts on the whole series:
-Ikuto > Tadase
-Nadeshiko/Tamari > Nagihiko/Rhythm
-X Dia > Dia
-Best Chara: Su
-Worst Chara Transform: Amulet Clover
-Worst Guardian: Yaya
-Worst Chara: Pepe
-Best Villain: Evil Nikaidou
-Best Punishment Ever: Hanging Yoru from the ceiling and tickling him with cattails XD
-Best Plotline Ever: *hop into bed* ...wait, did I just see what I think I saw? XD
-Best Filler Arc: Lulu. Lulu, her family, and Nana were all very well designed and developed characters, and even the ? eggs fit right in with the lore. Hell, I didn't even realize they were fillers until I looked it up. I found her only to be flawed by her weak and unnecessary connection to Easter. Any other problems I had with the arc were with the executions of individual ? eggs, and they even started saying in the show that it was getting ridiculous.
-These days, watching a backlog series of this length is unheard of for me, so it says quite a bit that I was able to get this far. So worth it!

Overall, I think I enjoyed Season 1 better, but when Doki did well, it did really well. Now I'm going to take the advice of the general consensus and avoid Party like the plague!
Thalandor46May 16, 2011 9:25 AM
Aug 7, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
^ I agree to most of your thoughts regarding the last arc. *nods very hard*

The story was incredibly predictable. There are also too many flashbacks. But it wasn't that bad.

I think I'll avoid Shugo Chara Party as well. Reading the manga is a better option to satisfy my Amuto hunger. XD
Aug 16, 2011 9:26 PM
May 2011
I want amu and ikuto to end up together they are a better couple
tadase is more of a friend and he does not really fight for her affection like ikuto does which i think has a bigger impression on amu
Nov 12, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2009
Grrr just finished this episode, I watched all the way through for the amu/ikuto kiss and it wasn't that great at all :( and Ikuto left!!
Well compared to the ending, the kiss wasn't that bad x-x but that tadase/amu moment had to happen 8]

I don't hate Tadase though, I liked Ikuto &amp; Tadase &amp; Kukai from the beginning, but in the end I think Ikuto's the one who keeps everything interesting xD
Jan 22, 2013 10:57 AM

Dec 2012
TechDragon said:
Cool Season. Looking Forward to the 3rd Season!
Trust me on this. Shugo Chara! Party! is not good..... for every episode nearly 60% of the time is just real life people just talking about the most randomest shugo chara thing and there is like only 7 minutes of real anime, then the ending is like 7 minutes of "fortune telling" it is not great. sorry.

But shugo chara! and shugo chara! Doki! was great! who knew that that kid was the owner of the Embryo all along!
nekomimi loving everywhere! ~NYA!
Jul 21, 2013 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Fillers were horrible, not filler episodes were wonderful... this season was great overall. I love the "Amulet Fortune". <3
Anc nice to see that they've finally saved Ikuto.
*the kiss in the end ♥ so lovely ♥*
Apr 4, 2014 7:58 AM

Feb 2014
that was a dissapointing ending somehow or should i say dissapointing season, just like the first, they shouldn't make many fillers and in the end they didn't even get a good ending?? and they should've explained about ikuto's kiss and tadase gettin jealous maybe amu still don't know if ikuto loves her or not, and i think ikuto left to find his father somewhere while we still didn't get to know where the embryo is!!
but looks liike tadase win over ikuto in the romance over amu, now i'm going to read the manga :D anyway i would give this anime 5/10

Jan 5, 2016 10:38 PM

Feb 2014
Okay so the embryo and ended up being that little kid's heart's egg so I guess it was pretty important for Easter to get hold of it...But still I'd rather have a coherent wish rather than a rock collection.

Uhhh I don't plan on watching party but where are those X eggs coming from...?

Overall, I think I liked this season a tiny bit more than the first, but they are both fantastic. The characters were really great and I'm sad I'll be leaving them. I really enjoyed the ? characters and the new plot including death rebel. Also, getting to see Nagihiko's shugo charas was great (although I wish they came in earlier to have more screen time, though!). 10/10 from me, I really love this series ^-^

idk if I'll ever watch party. Maybe I'll watch the episodes with Nagi/Nadeshiko and see if it's worth it. It's probably not gonna be anytime soon though
Sep 24, 2019 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I'm quite happy with this finale. Since I don't plan on watching Party, I like the sense of closure that came with the Easter+Embryo storyline. A pity that the romance remains open-ended, but this has certainly piqued my interest in switching over to the manga and seeing how that turns out.

It's been a while since I started Shugo Chara, but I think I prefer the first season. This one really killed my momentum with the ?-Egg storyline and it took me literally years to finally get through it. Although I like Lulu & her dynamic with Amu, the whole "?-Egg of the week" format was a nice detour at best & a tedious filler fest at worst. Doki could have easily been 25 episodes and still retained its best parts.

That said, the best of Doki really does remind me of why Shugo Chara was love at first sight. Searching for who you want to be and becoming who you are. The themes are simple yet so profound. Even as a grown man, I found myself relating to Amu's uncertainties as well as connecting to her hopeful feelings for the future. While my future remains unknown, Shugo Chara gives me that bit of courage & optimism that I constantly look for when navigating my life.

8/10

And on a final note...
Happy Birthday Amu!
Jun 5, 2020 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
The fillers on this season killed the excitement for me.

I prefer the previous season overall tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shugo Chara!! Doki Episode 32 Discussion

greenmush - May 16, 2009

14 by Animelover875 »»
Nov 29, 2023 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shugo Chara!! Doki Episode 31 Discussion

stickymochi - May 8, 2009

14 by average_panda »»
Jul 26, 2021 7:42 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara!! Doki Episode 29 Discussion

cureroyale - Apr 25, 2009

16 by average_panda »»
Jul 22, 2021 1:31 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara!! Doki Episode 28 Discussion

Pururiru - Apr 18, 2009

19 by average_panda »»
Jul 21, 2021 11:52 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara!! Doki Episode 26 Discussion

Maora - Apr 3, 2009

33 by average_panda »»
Jul 20, 2021 8:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.