Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 2014 3:06 PM

Apr 2014
Ok, so I think it's been established that there is a very good possibility for a Madoka Magica Season 2. The director says they are playing around with the idea and after the huge success of the anime series and Rebellion, it's almost inevitable. That being said, what are your theories for what will occur in this second season? It's obvious that the Magical Girls are slowly losing their memories and that Homura will be the main villain. Here's my theory.

Homura keeps all the Magical Girls in check, constantly, to make sure that they are not planning to awaken Madoka's power (should for whatever reason a magical girl keeps some memories, such as Sayaka.) In doing so, Homura completely forgets to keep Kyubey, the only one who kept all memories of the previous world, in check. Kyubey then creates an isolated area where Homura has no influence, and gives all the girls their memories back, however, Homura selfishly locks Madoka away from everyone else. Then the Magical Girls team up with Kyubey to free Madoka and overthrow Homurakuma.
http://www.oocities.com/Tokyo/Lights/8305/

My Favorite Anime>Your Favorite Anime
May 26, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Sayaka, aka best girl, beats some sense into Homura and takes over the world. The End.
May 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
Sayaka, aka best girl, beats some sense into Homura and takes over the world. The End.
Sayakami would be scarier than Homura IMO.

May 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
DiC3Epic said:
Botato said:
Sayakami would be scarier than Homura IMO.

She does not have an obsessive tendency to protect Madoka at all costs, so no.
May 27, 2014 8:47 PM
Apr 2014
Why does everyone think it has to be a Character vs. Character conflict? From the very start it has always been something like Character vs. Society or Character vs. Self. The stories were meant to teach a lesson, not to show a DBZ fight with one as the victor. Akuma Homura is actually keeping both eyes and feet on Kyubey (see ending), and despite what you may say about her mental state, she's certainly smart and clever enough to handle the situation well. Sayaka stood no chance against her in Rebellion.

Personally, I think the only way they can overthrow Akuma Homura is for HOMURA to do it herself. It's too personal of a situation to warrant some DBZ fight. Unlike what 99% of the PMMM fandom, I think she's more of a character than ever. Sure, she seems quite villainous now—but whatever is making people think that villainous characters can't be protagonists or a main character? Artemis Fowl, anyone?

It's an inner conflict that can only be worked out through emotional means, not a fight.
ClearlyClarityMay 27, 2014 8:52 PM
May 27, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2014
ClearlyClarity said:
Why does everyone think it has to be a Character vs. Character conflict? From the very start it has always been something like Character vs. Society or Character vs. Self. The stories were meant to teach a lesson, not to show a DBZ fight with one as the victor. Akuma Homura is actually keeping both eyes and feet on Kyubey (see ending), and despite what you may say about her mental state, she's certainly smart and clever enough to handle the situation well. Sayaka stood no chance against her in Rebellion.

Personally, I think the only way they can overthrow Akuma Homura is for HOMURA to do it herself. It's too personal of a situation to warrant some DBZ fight. Unlike what 99% of the PMMM fandom, I think she's more of a character than ever. Sure, she seems quite villainous now—but whatever is making people think that villainous characters can't be protagonists or a main character? Artemis Fowl, anyone?

It's an inner conflict that can only be worked out through emotional means, not a fight.

I agree with you on all points, however I think it's very likely that the climax/final battle of the second season would probably be 1 or many magical girls fighting Homura, much like the climax of Rebellion.

And actually, Homura is my favorite PMMM character and always will be. She's just a misunderstood soul. Also, Homura directly states that she has gone too far to go back. That if she turns back on her wish, everything she's done would have been for nothing.

I believe the only way for Homura to ever realize that she's wrong is for Madoka to slap some magical sense into her and tell her herself. They definitely set up enough room for a sequel, so it would be very anti-climactic if there was no final battle and Homura just suddenly realized that she was wrong.

But I mean hey, it's all speculation and neither of us are more right than one another, we are just saying what we want to see.
DiC3EpicMay 27, 2014 9:22 PM

May 28, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
ClearlyClarity said:

No one said anything about a DBZ fight. "Beating sense into her" isn't necessarily supposed to happen by literally fighting and beating her.
Also the scene between Homura and Sayaka at the end gave the impression that a likely possibility is Sayaka will oppose Homura because she's a 'demon.'

I don't think the current Homura will overthrow herself and sacrifice her wish to protect Madoka. However, If they make it convincing with the right build up then sure why not.
No one said protagonists can't be villains. Light Yagami is a perfect example.
May 28, 2014 4:12 PM
Apr 2014
DiC3Epic said:
ClearlyClarity said:

I agree with you on all points, however I think it's very likely that the climax/final battle of the second season would probably be 1 or many magical girls fighting Homura, much like the climax of Rebellion.

And actually, Homura is my favorite PMMM character and always will be. She's just a misunderstood soul. Also, Homura directly states that she has gone too far to go back. That if she turns back on her wish, everything she's done would have been for nothing.

I believe the only way for Homura to ever realize that she's wrong is for Madoka to slap some magical sense into her and tell her herself. They definitely set up enough room for a sequel, so it would be very anti-climactic if there was no final battle and Homura just suddenly realized that she was wrong.

But I mean hey, it's all speculation and neither of us are more right than one another, we are just saying what we want to see.

Yeah, but Homura already knows it's wrong. She's horribly guilty and regretful because of it, evidenced by the suicidal imagery of her familiars and herself. The problem is that she's just too STUBBORN to admit that Madoka doesn't exactly need protection (though she kind of does, because of Incubators...). She's really headstrong, and even after all the shit that happened to her, her will was never broken, even if her mind may have been. Which is why I think a fight just won't cut it. Only a battle of minds can solve this conflict.

Of course, there's going to have to be tension between Sayaka and Homura, or there wouldn't be a plot at all. They're probably going to fight, and there may be a victor or a loser, but the plot shouldn't end just like that. Otherwise, if Homura's dead and Madoka goes back to heaven, nothing's solved. Incubators still gonna interfere sometime. The system remains as it was.

Botato said:

No one said anything about a DBZ fight. "Beating sense into her" isn't necessarily supposed to happen by literally fighting and beating her.
Also the scene between Homura and Sayaka at the end gave the impression that a likely possibility is Sayaka will oppose Homura because she's a 'demon.'

I don't think the current Homura will overthrow herself and sacrifice her wish to protect Madoka. However, If they make it convincing with the right build up then sure why not.
No one said protagonists can't be villains. Light Yagami is a perfect example.

Plenty of people wanted Sayaka to beat Homura in a 1v1 fight in the second season instead of treating Homura like a main character. And of course Sayaka is going to oppose Homura, no question about that. It's likely that the rest of the cast are going to be against her as well.

And I don't mean Homura is going to overthrow herself, but rather that she would learn to finally let go and give up on Madoka, something she would never, ever do because it's the only thing keeping her alive. But it's the problem and it's gonna have to be solved one way or another, and I don't think killing her is cutting it.

I never said people said protagonists can't be villains, but a lot of them say that Homura should be stuck in the antagonist spot instead of a story from her perspective. She's a main character like the rest. She shouldn't be shoehorned in a spot like that purely because her /behavior/ is villainous.
May 29, 2014 1:04 AM

Apr 2014
I've no idea what will happen, but I suspect that it will involve something new being added to the situation from the outside, rather than a rearrangement of the pieces that are already on the board, where Homura's ascendancy seems pretty firmly established. Sayaka is only partially able to remember what's wrong, after all, and even if she were fully in the picture she's never shown any sign of having the strength to take Homura on and win. (And I write this as a Sayakista.)

Maybe Kyuubei's civilization will realise that 'one of our inclubators is missing' and mount a rescue mission? As long as Kyuubei's stuck inside Homura's world no one is harvesting energy to stave off entropy, after all. But I suspect it will be something more left field than that.
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
May 29, 2014 3:29 AM

Nov 2013
ClearlyClarity said:
And I don't mean Homura is going to overthrow herself, but rather that she would learn to finally let go and give up on Madoka, something she would never, ever do because it's the only thing keeping her alive. But it's the problem and it's gonna have to be solved one way or another, and I don't think killing her is cutting it.

Like I said, if they build up to it correctly and make it convincing then sure. Otherwise we will have a 'the sequel ruined Homura' complaint all over again.
Jul 28, 2014 11:50 AM
Sep 2007
Yeah, it'll most likely be Sayaka against Akuma Homura.

It'll be tough for Sayaka, that's for sure, not only because Akuma Homura is omnipotent, but also cause she (Akuma Homura) probably has more sand in her vagina than even Kyle Broflovski.
Jul 29, 2014 8:00 PM

Nov 2013
Psajdak said:
Yeah, it'll most likely be Sayaka against Akuma Homura.

It'll be tough for Sayaka, that's for sure, not only because Akuma Homura is omnipotent, but also cause she (Akuma Homura) probably has more sand in her vagina than even Kyle Broflovski.
She's not.
Jul 29, 2014 8:52 PM
Sep 2007
Well, rather than omnipotent, maybe I should have said "seems untouchable", cause she is basically now Odlaw version of Ultimate Madoka.

But then again, I think most of us thought the same for Ultimate Madoka until the third movie.

With that being said, I really don't expect much from Homura anyway, at least when it comes to character development, aside from maybe some retconning, since at the end of the day, pretty much everything there is to her is Madoka, Madoka, Madoka, Madoka, Madoka, etc...

That kind of obsession would maybe work well in some silly comedy, and even be cute, but in shows like this, it's just annoying, if you ask me.

Same for Madoka, I really don't see what else can be said about her that wasn't being said, she is locked in her unnaturally overly good personality, and if she is to stay within her character, I think she will pretty much repeat what she already said.
Except if authors make her evil for some reason, but I don't know what to think about it...

Unlike Madoka and Homura, Sayaka (as well as other main characters) seems much more flexible character that can be further developed because she isn't really locked to act always the same way, without seeming random, or out of character.

That's why if there will be continuation, I'll watch it primarily for Sayaka.
Aug 5, 2014 1:18 PM
Aug 2014
My version:

Kyubey will make a hybrid of himself and Madoka and as result new powerful magical girl will be created (Kyudoka?). Finally, Kyudoka becomes a witch and start creating lots of energy but it doesn't affect "old" Kyubey because he will be able to shift his personality from one magical girl to another and control them. But none of the girls knows in which body Kyubey exists...

I hope for really weird plot, that's the reason I love Madoka so much :)
Feb 8, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2010
I think there will be some sort of fight between Homura and Madoka as it was hinted in the end of Rebellion... Homura seems to have gone a bit insane...
Hm... what else? Actually looking at some official art I've come to the conclusion that Madoka might be feeling a bit uncomfortable around the new Homura... actually! Just like she was feeling when she first met her! Sort of! but not exactly the same... Actually the only friendly interactions we get from Homura and Madoka are shown in Rebellion as well as the flashbacks and I've gotten used to them even though for the majority of the show Homura was the strange cold girl that made Madoka uneasy...
I think something will happen during their fight... like, I think Madoka might not really want to fight Homura but feel like she must... and in the end she might realize she can't be apart from her or something like that...
Also it would be nice if they could skip their middle school and get them to high school because soon they're going to start seeming too mature for their age (not that they aren't). But then again, that might be a bit hard considering that it might seem weird that nothing would happen in like 2 years or soo... or not? I don't know >.<
I don't think Madoka will become evil or something like that but according to Rebellion she said she wouldn't have the strength to sacrifice herself (which Homura believed) so Madoka might end up being more selfish... than she would want to or end up fighting with those feelings... or she might have to choose between saving the world or Homura? kind of like Homura did and then she will realize what Homura had been through... I don't know >.< I don't know >.< If we predict what's going to happen it will be nooo fuuun~~ That's why I think they are going to take long to make a sequel, just to make sure it's unpredictable and just as cool as the previous ones... >.<

FayliciaFeb 8, 2015 12:01 PM
May 5, 2015 7:24 PM
May 2015
Mami and Homura are the baddest bitches in the series, is it just me or did their fight in rebellion give goosebumps; however Homura is a tragic hero in the fact that she is only being a villain to keep what she loves most. It's her selfishness for protecting what she thinks is right that will lead her down a darker path. Remember what Madoka's mom said when Sayaka was going through her ordeal. "Sometimes what people may think is right is not necessarily the right choice." Can it be inferred that Homura is bound to experience what Sayaka went through by trying to justify her selfish acts and how that it will only lead her down a darker path. I personally love all the characters of this show. So much characterization for just 12 episodes and a movie like uuuuugh 2nd season please happen
Jun 17, 2016 6:45 AM
Mar 2016
Does the second season follow Rebelion? Couldn't season two take place in Madokami universe? Well just asking I want it to take place after Rebelion.
Tbh I don't know what to expect from it. Maybe just TONS AND TONS OF SWEET KYOKO X SAYAKA YURI MMMMMMMM GIMME DAT AND SEASON 2 GETS 10/10 HERE IN MYANIMELIST #Kyoko x Sayak 4ever :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.