Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was pretty good, we finally get to know about Slash’s past. There are a lot of characters shown when they were young which is good^^ I don't think there is even a love triangle between Dan, Rouge and Miyuki since it looks like Dan will be ending up with Rouge anyway :D
Sep 28, 2009 6:33 PM

Nov 2008
The travesty continues. Now, on top of the pathetic animation, cardboard characterization, and brain dead plotting, the pacing of the show has gone into snail time. The only question remains - can they push this p.o.s. down below C- and into D territory with the final episode?
Sep 29, 2009 1:09 PM

May 2009
dbaranyi said:
The travesty continues. Now, on top of the pathetic animation, cardboard characterization, and brain dead plotting, the pacing of the show has gone into snail time. The only question remains - can they push this p.o.s. down below C- and into D territory with the final episode?

You said all I needed to say -.-
Oct 1, 2009 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
I haven't watched this episode.. :'p
But I'm waiting for more weirdness.
Since the series has been weird from the beginning...and if I didn't like that weirdness, I I would've dropped this series from the start, but I didn't. ='p
So I'm not complaining.

This series is fun although can be quite awkward at times, lawl
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann was another weird series...how come nobody questioned how in the world they can combine their gunmen together? xD
Lawl
And here people question why in the world a blue butterfly for transportation to get to the moon? lawl
In case y'all forgot, this series is fantasy. Since Mooneyes and Earthdash don't really exist and you can't really do thunderbolts with a basketball. xD hahaha

(gonna wait for subs, I guess :'p whee~ I hope Navi isn't really dead.. :'< I'll hate Satelight if they really killed him off. >_>)

Oct 6, 2009 3:54 PM
Mar 2008
why is this ep not subbed yet?
Oct 7, 2009 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
shinsan said:
why is this ep not subbed yet?

I dunno the deal with Umai...
nor Anime-Media... :'<

Oct 8, 2009 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
Lija-chan said:

Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann was another weird series...how come nobody questioned how in the world they can combine their gunmen together? xD
Lawl
And here people question why in the world a blue butterfly for transportation to get to the moon? lawl
In case y'all forgot, this series is fantasy. Since Mooneyes and Earthdash don't really exist and you can't really do thunderbolts with a basketball. xD hahaha

Just because something is science fiction or fantasy doesn't mean that it can defy the logic of the show at any time for the sake of convenience.

No matter what anyone wants to say about TTGL (and Basquash clearly tries to rip it off), TTGL paced its story well, was well directed, and had a cast of characters that developed. Simon wasn't the same person he was from the beginning. Dan is and feels a sense of entitlement to his stupidity and lack of growth. That is by far the biggest difference. TTGL managaed to take me by surprise a few times in the direction of the plot. It wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be (and I was a huge hater for the first 5 or so episodes). This isn't so in Basquash. The overall plot was very basic, but because of the lack of direction and foresight fell victim to an aimless tone for about 10 episodes.

On the surface, the two shows are similar, but one show had thought put into it, and the other had an exorbitant amount of money.

As far as this episode goes, it was fine until once again, they threw away what little rules there are. The day is going to be saved for some magical reason and this will be the end of the show. Also, it's really hilarious that Flora has been totally useless as a player for 25 episodes even though she supposedly has a lot of skill.
Oct 8, 2009 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm, I don't remember what happened to Navi..where is he?? Of course, that's only one out of about a hundred questions I have about this show..
Oct 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't see much of this ep as I was facepalming too much. Forced background-stories popping up at the last minute is forced.
Oct 8, 2009 6:15 PM
Nov 2008
I don't know if my standards have just dropped or what, but I found some good in that episode. The excitement of the crowds was reminiscent of the shows good times. I also liked Slash's story, thought it was a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he looked older to young Dan and Coco. His blatant makeup in current form is kinda weird, but I'm looking forward to him as an opponent, and Falcon feels appropriate as well.

Of course, it's never perfect. Team Basquash: Dan, Sela, Iceman. Not Rouge, not lolAlan. I might have been looking forward to the final match if they had gotten that right. I pretty much have no expectations for the last episode. Dan will overcome Slash's uberness and the world will be saved just like everyone expects. Other characters will be undermined and insignificant. Yan will do something that will have zero effect on the final outcome.

I think after the last episode, I'll go back and watch the Rolling Town arc. I keep referring back to it, I may as well remember what it was I liked so much about this show at the start. Such a shame that it had to go so drastically down hill.

chryseis said:
Hmm, I don't remember what happened to Navi..where is he?? Of course, that's only one out of about a hundred questions I have about this show..

Navi was last seen when he threw Sela out of the way before...was it being crushed by some rocks? A meteor? Don't remember exactly, but he's presumed dead. I'd call it a safe bet though to say that's not actually the case.
Oct 8, 2009 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
One more episode to go x_x looking forward to it

Oct 8, 2009 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
1 episode left!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 9, 2009 4:47 AM
Jul 2009
Interesting episode which sets up the next episode really well. I'm looking forward to some EPIC Basquash!
Oct 9, 2009 10:23 AM

Oct 2007
LOL Gundam 00?

Not only the story that lost its meaning but every and each character in show has became an useless or awesome doll.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 9, 2009 10:57 AM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
[...]

Completely agree with this.

Anyway, one more to go. Since I've lost pretty much all hope in this show, I just wish the last episode will feature a great match with great animation.
Oct 9, 2009 5:23 PM

May 2008
Roflmao shunpo

hope for an epic ending

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 9, 2009 8:25 PM

Feb 2009
the last epd better have some great basquashing, we've been enduring these build up epds far too long
Oct 10, 2009 2:36 AM

Jul 2008
slash is pretty awesome for a guy whose like 6x what age he looks like
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 10, 2009 9:32 PM

Dec 2007
Eh, it was okay.
Oct 12, 2009 10:27 PM

Apr 2009
I heard them cheering "DAN JD" but all I heard was "Bread and Circus".

In other news, y'all are whiners.
SEE I CAN BE TERSE AND DISMISSIVE TOO
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jan 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
Been waiting to see Slash play. I hope the game is decent
Jun 20, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
Final Basquash! Nice. I can't wait to see how this ends. Hope Slash Keens can bring on a good fight.
Jan 18, 2016 3:44 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
"Man, what up with Iceman and Falcon? They a thing? :U" I typed that at the beginning of the episode as a joke but I dunno man, I wouldn't doubt it at this point.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 26, 2017 5:17 PM

Feb 2015
Nice to see Slash's backstory and get the reason for his age reversal we had been seeing glimpses of. Miyuki and Rouge suddenly being friends even though they have the same love interest was...odd...Also, Team Basquash including Flora/Rouge instead of Iceman was also weird when it has been Dan, Sela, and him since the beginning.

Also, this haha - I totally agree:

Swiggy said:
"Man, what up with Iceman and Falcon? They a thing? :U" I typed that at the beginning of the episode as a joke but I dunno man, I wouldn't doubt it at this point.

Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM

Jul 2015
Really weird journey but Dan and his team finally managed to reach the moon and start the final battle. Gotta say when Flora wanted to switch with Rouge, I expected Dan to give a speech on how Flora was with them from the start and should continue but I guess I forgot he is a dumbass seeing how he just easily agreed by switching her out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 11 Discussion

Quickfox - Jun 11, 2009

28 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lueser - Oct 1, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 24 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 18, 2009

33 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.