Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 4:20 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, even cats can fall in love, even if we talk about human beings.

Anyway, seeing Luna in human form was definetely the highlight of the whole movie.
Nov 1, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
Too short for my tastes. They rushed it in the end.
Nov 17, 2010 5:24 AM

Sep 2009
Aww poor artemis
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Mar 21, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
My second favorite from the three Sailor Moon films. I liked that unlike films three and four, this film was actually based on an event from the manga.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 30, 2012 11:09 PM

Jun 2010
For most of the movie to be about a CAT falling in love with a human strikes me as laughable. And she's just pawned off on the other cat at the end anyway.

A CAT IS FINE TOO
Jun 3, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2009
I liked seeing a Luna-centric story, the romance was nice. The villain felt like an afterthought though.
Aug 4, 2012 5:22 PM
Mar 2008
I like Luna, so a movie focused on Luna was very appreciated. This movie was very sweet, I loved the ending with Luna and Artemis. It was much much better than the trash that was the R movie.

One big problem I have is Sailor Moon using the silver crystal .. AGAIN. It's completely meaningless at this point. Either don't use the crystal or have her die, for good, because even the first time was a bit of a cop out. Now it's happened, what? Like four times? All the "omg she's risking her life" of the crystal is gone now. It's meaningless.

A villain wasn't really needed, this movie was much more about the romance than anything agree. I concur that the villain felt like an afterthought.
Mar 12, 2013 5:52 PM

Dec 2008
What a great and lovely movie.
Luna was so cute. :)
Lol at Mamoru dressing up as Santa Claus.
Jun 28, 2014 5:29 AM

Apr 2010
Such a beautiful movie. Luna being human - brilliant and truly gorgeous. ♥
Sep 26, 2014 12:36 AM

Sep 2014
My favorite movie. Luna looked beautiful in her human form. And I like how the enemy wasn't the main focus of the movie, it was all about Luna's love. Sad, but sweet.
Sep 29, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
Seeing Luna turn human and her story was cool, but the rest was just filler villain fluff. Also Silver Crystal beats all again...I wasn't as invested as in the R movie.

5/10
Sep 17, 2018 2:11 PM
Nov 2015
Not as visually striking as the 1st movie, and they also made it like a normal filler SM episode, not much drama and plenty of comic scenes, which is ok, but not what I want out of a full length movie.
Oct 26, 2018 11:24 AM
May 2018
Not that I don't like Luna, but I found it hard to get invested into the whole Luna romance story. I just didn't care. The Villian really was just background filler. I did enjoy the ending, very heartwarming. I enjoyed the R movie a lot more though.
Nov 11, 2018 6:41 AM

Mar 2017
I wasn't too fond of the Luna romance plot, and the ice queen from outer space was also a pretty standard and uninspired villain... but Tuxedo Mask's entranca as Santa Claus was pretty funny, and this movie wasn't really bad, annoying or offensive in any way, which some parts of some episodes HAVE been at times. Except for the bit of "No, you will die if you use the silver crystal!" Like, of course that won't happen. Luna in humanoid form was pretty cool though.

Overall the movie was decent watch. It wasn't boring, but I guess if you aren't a big fan of Luna it's not outstanding in any way. It was better than some of the fillers for sure though. Somehow the Sailor Moon R movie felt more "grande" in a way and epic, at least concerning the fights. And the Mamoru story with gay undertones was a bit more interesting imo. Plus that insert song was dope! I kind of missed that in this movie.

5/10
(which I consider "decent", so don't you worry. :P)
Aug 25, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
Neat that Chibimoon got her own transformation after all.
Jan 14, 2020 2:28 AM

Apr 2011
Very sweet and nice.
Felt like a good filler episode.
And that ending! So pretty ♡
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
May 8, 2020 2:22 PM

Apr 2008
Same (almost exact) structure as the R movie basically, yet somehow much worse.

Human Luna was pretty cute though.
Mar 29, 2021 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
It was fine. I enjoyed the Luna plot well enough, though just about everything with the villain was awful. 6/10.
Apr 17, 2022 3:05 PM

Jun 2015
Luna was so pretty but I wonder why they changed her eye color in the human form.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 29, 2022 9:59 PM

Jul 2009
After watching R Movie last night. I would say R still has the best animation, but S movie still looks pretty good!

It's also great to see the Outer Senshi in Movie Animation! Just as a shame they didn't have much of a part up until the end.

[img][/https://i.imgur.com/lwqChQz.pngimg]

This is obviously Luna's time. Just like Mamoru's time in R Movie.

Also, the side characters in the movie look just as good as the main characters. I have been noticing a pattern O__O

They literally won with the power of love and friendship!

This is probably the first time all of them worked together? I wonder if SuperS we will get more moments like this!

Great to see Luna in Human form!! For some reason she looks familiar O___O

It's a great movie! I still prefer R due to the rose theme and animation and Moon Revenge theme, but S had a better final battle scene for sure.

Can't wait to start SuperS!

Let's goo!
Jan 11, 2023 6:31 AM

Mar 2020
impressive animation, cool Tuxedo Mask entry and Luna human form.

The romance subplot was interesting but it was difficult to take it seriously when there was a cat involved

Jun 15, 2023 8:43 PM

Jul 2022
Really didn't like this movie, especially since I watched it right after finishing the amazing third season of the series.

Highlights include Tuxedo Mask throwing a dreidel at a monster moments after dressing as Santa Claus.

The A-plot of a cat loving a human was a bridge too far for me. And even though this was non-canon, there were a lot of out of character moments like Ami hoping to find love and the Outer Senshi helping Sailor Moon before losing the Holy Grail.

I found the ending sweet enough and there was nothing inherently bad about it, but it was far worse than the R movie.

5/10 for me.
Sep 30, 2023 10:39 PM

Feb 2020
I rather enjoyed this movie, didn't think I'd think much of it, but it's pretty beautiful and made me tear up a few times!
8/10

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.