Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Somewhat calm episode but the action escalated. Oh boy, and Rygart sees something I think he's not going to forget. Anyways, I'm curious what else is going to happen soon. The action was alright I suppose this episode.
May 25, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
I don't understand everything (must wait for eng. subs but I watched it).

But I see some new atractions (?) on episode and action is good.

Sorry, but it's still nothing special new on TV version.
May 26, 2014 12:08 PM
Jan 2014
Lol, never mess with Nike, unless your Girge.
I feel sorry for Captain Elza, her death was really brutal.
The tactic Borcuse used didn't really work out.
Baldr is a very good general.
I guess Rygart can finally murder people without hesitation.
He totally butchered his enemies.
Poor Sigyn, not sleeping for 3 days, wow.
She really needs to take her research, or whatever she's doing more easily.
Girge is very unpredictable.
Though he did managed to do some damage on the Borcuse's squad.
May 26, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. This was probably one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Rygart coming in and destroying the left wing and with that causing the enemy to retreat. Finally Girge finally pulling it together and attacking Brocruse army by himself. I wonder if it will deviate come next ep? Well either way I can't wait for the next episode!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 26, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
More cliff-hangers.

So far not different from movies?

You know this could be just a complete edit-cut version of the movies into TV series..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 26, 2014 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
Actually, in therms of adaptation TV series is worse than movies. As far as I remember, it was somewhere after 4th movie when they started to derail into sucking. I don't see much space with 4 episodes left for improvement, unless they make second season which should top both this and movies.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 26, 2014 5:01 PM

Jun 2012
Yooooo Mah boi Girge bein a badass!
May 26, 2014 6:11 PM

May 2013
I don't understand why everyone thinks Girge has some kind of trauma, to me it looked more like acting since he figured out that they would retreat and just wanted to deal with them alone in his own way instead going along with the other two.

Or atleast I don't remember the story of the movies anymore, so I don't know what's actually true, I just think he was faking the "being scared" part so they would leave him and he could pursue them on his own.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
May 26, 2014 8:21 PM

May 2013
Wow! Girge just took on an enemy battalion by himself. I hope he's survives that. Pretty badass there Girge. I have to say truly magnificent. Rygart was cool too, charging the enemy like that.
May 26, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2012
Dunno if it's just me but it feels like the TV series included more fanservice than the movies.
May 26, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Antanaru said:
Actually, in therms of adaptation TV series is worse than movies. As far as I remember, it was somewhere after 4th movie when they started to derail into sucking. I don't see much space with 4 episodes left for improvement, unless they make second season which should top both this and movies.

It's 2 ep per movie and when you said after the 4th movie, it would mean after this ep. Let's just wait and see first okay?

May 27, 2014 5:25 AM

Jun 2007
alexpte said:
Dunno if it's just me but it feels like the TV series included more fanservice than the movies.

Nein, nein: everything shown so far was in the movies. Including the SigynxCleo suggestive lesbianism.

EasyGo-er said:
It's 2 ep per movie and when you said after the 4th movie, it would mean after this ep. Let's just wait and see first okay?

You're missing the point: this adaptation was supposedly created to follow the manga after the movies diverged. Just because the movies can be split in half - movies that were altered to fit into a smaller timeframe - doesn't mean the manga content has any chance in hell of fitting. The siege of Binoten lasted weeks-months! In the movies, it was turned into a straightforward battle with a fast end.

I didn't really remember OVA4 being different than the manga: it's OVA5/ep9 and when Rygart reaches his village where things change. I was confused over what/when. But that's just a minor detail. It's what the scene leads into and ep10 where they'll actually have to, y'know, draw/animate new stuff. Unless the pacing increases drastically. Otherwise, no Girge BEST FIGHT EVER OUTNUMBERED, and the ending clearly shows who he fights.

The value of this TV series will be determined in the next few eps. So far it's just been some fat guy editing movies from 2010-11 to fit, whilst eating crisps; which translates into removing scenes. I'm starting to doubt there's a budget higher than zero. Unless ALL THE MONEY is being saved for Girge and Binoten, the series will be the cheapest waste of time ever created. We're 2/3's thru and no effort whatsoever so far.

...Anyway: that Girge part at the end is just a taster for what SHOULD be coming next. Can't wait to see the hopping on one leg. I rated the OVA version of these last 2 eps 7/10, and that's because the whole battle/strategy was retarded. "WE HAVE THE HIGH GROUND... so lets suicide charge down and get flanked!" It was dumb then and it's dumb now.
May 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
EasyGo-er said:

You're missing the point: this adaptation was supposedly created to follow the manga after the movies diverged. Just because the movies can be split in half - movies that were altered to fit into a smaller timeframe - doesn't mean the manga content has any chance in hell of fitting. The siege of Binoten lasted weeks-months! In the movies, it was turned into a straightforward battle with a fast end.

I didn't really remember OVA4 being different than the manga: it's OVA5/ep9 and when Rygart reaches his village where things change. I was confused over what/when. But that's just a minor detail. It's what the scene leads into and ep10 where they'll actually have to, y'know, draw/animate new stuff. Unless the pacing increases drastically. Otherwise, no Girge BEST FIGHT EVER OUTNUMBERED, and the ending clearly shows who he fights.

The value of this TV series will be determined in the next few eps. So far it's just been some fat guy editing movies from 2010-11 to fit, whilst eating crisps; which translates into removing scenes. I'm starting to doubt there's a budget higher than zero. Unless ALL THE MONEY is being saved for Girge and Binoten, the series will be the cheapest waste of time ever created. We're 2/3's thru and no effort whatsoever so far.

...Anyway: that Girge part at the end is just a taster for what SHOULD be coming next. Can't wait to see the hopping on one leg. I rated the OVA version of these last 2 eps 7/10, and that's because the whole battle/strategy was retarded. "WE HAVE THE HIGH GROUND... so lets suicide charge down and get flanked!" It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

But that's what I just said, right?

May 27, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
Nike is one hell of a brutal woman
Elza's squad was wiped out in an instant trapped like a fly

Girge ambushing Borcuse's army was impressive
One on one even more
May 27, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
Poor Elza. That thing went through her stomach.

But Borcuse's army got most of their squads wiped out thanks to Rygard. And Girge showing his BAness at the end.
May 27, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
Damn that's messed up what they did to Elza. But that red head guy is insane. Was he just pretending to be scared? But he's pretty bad ass taking on all the enemy generals by himself.
May 27, 2014 1:36 PM

Jun 2007
EasyGo-er said:
But that's what I just said, right?

You were responding to Antanaru. He was questioning on how they aren't gonna fit the new content in the last 4 eps. Your response came across like you didn't see the problem in changes only occurring in the eps covered by the 5th&6th eps. So, I tried to explain. I do agree we just have to wait and see how eps9-12 go since those are the ones that matter... but it should've been 13eps, at the very least.
May 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
Finally, a hero I can relate to!
Girge was freakin awesome! He totally faked having a mental breakdown in front of his teammates. The guy is a lone wolf who will tear the throats off anyone, friend or foe, so long as it will amuse him!

Not afraid to admit it, I'm revising my opinion of Rygart. He actually works quite well as a Rhino tank, hahaha! At least he followed orders properly this time around, and didn't do anything stupid like before.

Siygn and Cleo moment was kind of... unnecessary.... didn't they do something similar last episode already? I would have preferred more action on the battlefield.

That Nike was one crazy woman. I felt repulsed when she started ripping apart Elza's Golemn, it made me really glad when Girge came out to own her arse. Poor Elza... I blame Baldr's horrible tactics for her death. His squad would have been wiped out if Rygart hadn't shown up.

Hope things will get better from here on out. The first 5-6 episodes didn't impress me much, but these last two got relatively better.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 29, 2014 1:50 AM

Dec 2011
So general True was defeated by a 25-year-old gran... I mean girl huh.

Poor Elza... she got crushed...

Bastards... desecrating her remains like that...

Rygart to the rescue!!!

Girge is... scared?

Dat ass...

So Girge goes full beast mode on the retreating enemy, gooooo Girge!!!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 30, 2014 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The plot comes more and more into full swing, with implications very pleasant, as well as the characters.
Intense and engaging narrative, Girghe is a true demon, intuits the good chance is from the group!
Evil ...
Malice and deaths galore, yippee!
Drawings and animations discrete, I'm looking forward to the new part! ^ _ ^
As I enjoyed when Nike was badly beaten by Girghe ...
Good job!
Jun 5, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
The action in this anime is really awesome.
Jun 5, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
The battles this episode were intense! I cant wait for next week.
My Candies:
Jun 9, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
Oh i forgot how annoying the girl was, the girl that killed General True... hope she dies a horrific death...

Jan 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
damn I didn't know much about that Elza but she was hot. It's a shame she died so quickly and so anti-climatically like the others.

what's the deal with this Girge dude?
Mar 3, 2016 5:22 PM

Dec 2010
The part where Rygart uttered that he has to become a cold-blooded killer was heartbreaking, it's one of the moments bringing up this story's main point to the fullest.

On another note I never get tired of watching Girge wreck sh*t up.

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

48 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.