Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2009 8:56 PM

Sep 2008
LastCapitalist said:
I plan on starting an Atheist Club in my high school, and I was just wandering do you think that would be a success? Any opinion on how i would start would be highly appreciated.

Perhaps you shouldn't expect helpful answers from our "extremely supportive and optimistic" MAL community.

If you're really determined to do this, why not ask your science teachers to be your club adviser? seems like the most logical thing to do right? well, in any case it really all depends on your school community, if people aren't religious fanatics roaming around with crosses, bibles and I <3 Jesus shirts, then you're good... if not, expect to make some hidden enemies. But I support you, it's always good to voice out opinions and then debate, in a forever increasingly censored way of life.
What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Sep 26, 2009 10:08 PM
Jul 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:
I like how that most of the people of who replied, did it in a offense way, this just strengthen my passion to combat religion. But thanks to those who gave respectful help.
You're such an immature dumbshit, and with you at the head of this it's sure to crash and burn, if you can even get it off the ground.

Kaisereddie said:
Thus, you can't start a Christian/Muslim/etc club because that would be offensive, eh?
No, because atheists aren't real people.

atheist are real people? im just going to sit on this one for couple of minutes and think because i am completely baffled
Sep 26, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2009
not worry about religion
Sep 26, 2009 10:23 PM

Jun 2008
LastCapitalist said:
I plan on starting an Atheist Club in my high school, and I was just wandering do you think that would be a success? Any opinion on how i would start would be highly appreciated.

What do you want to do as a club in any case?

A club isn't merely a gathering of like-minded people, it's a gathering of like-minded people who want to do things together. A Bible Study club... studies the bible, an Animation club watches cartoons together, etc.

What do you intend to do with your club members?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Sep 27, 2009 12:11 AM

Oct 2007
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:
I like how that most of the people of who replied, did it in a offense way, this just strengthen my passion to combat religion. But thanks to those who gave respectful help.
You're such an immature dumbshit, and with you at the head of this it's sure to crash and burn, if you can even get it off the ground.

Kaisereddie said:
Thus, you can't start a Christian/Muslim/etc club because that would be offensive, eh?

atheist are real people? im just going to sit on this one for couple of minutes and think because i am completely baffled
When one's soul is completely devoid of the glory of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, they cease to be human. It's just common sense, but, of course, it's not at all surprising that you don't have any of it, considering the fact that you're not a real person.
Sep 27, 2009 12:21 AM
Mar 2009
turkeymeister said:
LastCapitalist said:

What do you want to do as a club in any case?

A club isn't merely a gathering of like-minded people, it's a gathering of like-minded people who want to do things together. A Bible Study club... studies the bible, an Animation club watches cartoons together, etc.

What do you intend to do with your club members?

They intend to insult God and

Neverender said:
burn churches

Seriously though, this is kind of like making a club for people who don't like or want to join clubs...

Sep 27, 2009 1:33 AM
Jul 2009
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:

Kaisereddie said:

When one's soul is completely devoid of the glory of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, they cease to be human. It's just common sense, but, of course, it's not at all surprising that you don't have any of it, considering the fact that you're not a real person.

I have lost all of my hope in human kind if there is people who think this way. Since this has turned into a religious debate. Christians answer me this, in the book of Job it talks about how god wants people to treat their slaves does that mean that god think slavery is ok, or is it this book you call the "Bible" just a clever rule book for that time. And not a heavenly message from "God".
Sep 27, 2009 1:54 AM

Oct 2007
LastCapitalist said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:

Kaisereddie said:

I have lost all of my hope in human kind if there is people who think this way. Since this has turned into a religious debate. Christians answer me this, in the book of Job it talks about how god wants people to treat their slaves does that mean that god think slavery is ok, or is it this book you call the "Bible" just a clever rule book for that time. And not a heavenly message from "God".
If they were slaves, they probably weren't people.
Sep 27, 2009 2:01 AM
Feb 2008
hold on but does ORGANISING a group of people who dont belive in god but dont discount the possiblity of one count as a religous group since god the lack of belife in it and the dicussion of there being no go is the reason for the meetings

i.e ORGANISED RELIGIOUS MEETING

a true athetis would just meet people under noram circumstances wouldnt they :/

i thought athest were against oraginised religion to start one just seems retarded
Sep 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Mar 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:

Wow. Just, wow. I mean I knew you were a dumbshit, but just wow.

How many times do we have to tell you SBE? Sarcasm just doesn't work on the internet.

Sep 27, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
Neverender said:
samsnapshot said:
What would you even do in the club?

burn churches
Probably fare better than burning mosques.
Sep 27, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
wow this went 3 pages long.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Sep 27, 2009 8:44 AM

Feb 2005
llxwarbirdxll said:
They were probably black. Or jewish. Eew.

It seems like this thread has outlived its purpose though.
Sep 27, 2009 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
I'd join
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 27, 2009 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
In my opinion, to make a club that supports smth is more reasonable than to make a club that is against smth. I know what our almost established (still waiting for an official permission) christian club members want to do (singing, reading Bible, debating about it - i.e. nothing extreme), but I can't imagine what activities could be done in atheist club...

Neverender said:
samsnapshot said:
What would you even do in the club?

burn churches
Siing said:
What the hell would someone do in an atheist club anyways... Talk about the latest atheist gossip?

"In todays news, still no sign of god. Win!"
I lol'd :D
Sep 27, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2009
I think that it is a good idea, but expect to face a lot of criticism. If it opens up a dialogue between religious and non-religious people, that is good, but since it's high school I imagine it will just devolve into shouting matches. Still, I say go for it. If for no other reason than it will look good on your college application that you started a club.
not a job creator

Sep 27, 2009 10:47 PM
Jul 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
chinlamp said:
How many times do we have to tell you SBE? Sarcasm just doesn't work on the internet.
But, I mean, just, COME ON!

how are atheist not real people
Sep 27, 2009 10:49 PM
Jul 2009
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:

Kaisereddie said:

are you saying slaves aren't real people
Sep 27, 2009 10:52 PM
Mar 2009
Ok, now I just think he's trolling, he even misquoted two posts above...

Time to let the thread die or devolve into a flame thread.

Sep 27, 2009 11:00 PM

Oct 2007
LastCapitalist said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
llxwarbirdxll said:
LastCapitalist said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
LastCapitalist said:

Kaisereddie said:

are you saying slaves aren't real people
You're not very smart, are you?
Oct 3, 2009 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Hmm. I see that this thread is on it's death bed, but I want to talk about it anyway.

I got bored reading what were essentially the same responses from different people, so I didn't finish reading all the posts, but I'd like to point out some major flaws in the repeated themes of the responses to this thread.

1. The claim that atheists are against something but are not something themselves. Absolutely false. First off, 'atheist' is a noun, so by simple grammatical law, one is either an an or not an. Secondly, atheism is NOT an opposition to Christianity. It is a belief system. Christians believe in creationism, atheists believe the universe was created some other way, usually that it expanded from the big bang. As these two beliefs conflict with each other both directly, as well as indirectly in their reasoning (faith vs. science), you're calling one merely a counter to the other, when in actuality atheism is the support of science based, philosophical, critical reasoning to explain the source of existence.

2. The claim that this club would fail because there would be nothing to do or that atheists couldn't work together. Absolutely fallacious. This opinion is based on nothing but slander and prejudice. Atheists have far more to discuss and debate than any religion. Religions take their entire belief system from one single book, and even more offensive, they aren't allowed to disagree with that book or have a different opinion or else they go to hell. Nice. Great way to support intelligence. Atheists, on the other hand, base their knowledge on an eclectic and diverse background of information expanding several dimensions of study (the sciences, philosophy, sociology, psychology, history, etc), and their thought processes, opinions, lifestyles and so forth, are not placed in check by a threat that they will be punished if they do no not think a certain way. So really, there is an endless source of historical, current, and newly emerging information for atheists to discuss. While the girl with the Christian club just wants to sing songs from the bible and debate the bible.
laserwolfOct 3, 2009 12:46 PM
Oct 3, 2009 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
How pointless
Oct 3, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
laserwolf said:
RAAAH IM AN ANGRY CHILD

Cool brain, bro. Your massive hypocrisy is fantastic.
Oct 3, 2009 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
aggra-aggra said:
laserwolf said:
RAAAH IM AN ANGRY CHILD

Cool brain, bro. Your massive hypocrisy is fantastic.

Tight insult with no counter argument.
Oct 3, 2009 12:46 PM

Jun 2009
LastCapitalist said:

i wouldnt, just hang around people who are athiest...making a club is like yelling beat me up cause people there alot of ned flanders out there
Oct 3, 2009 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
laserwolf said:
Tight insult with no counter argument.

It's beneath me to bother. Like if a child ran up and called me "dumb-head". Just saying that your impotent reactionary rage-filled hypocrisy is delicious. We loves it, don't we, Precious? We do. Makes us lol, it does...yes...
Oct 3, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Besides, it's not so much my place to argue on behalf of religious people, seeing as I'm not one of them.

lol
Oct 3, 2009 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
>Counter

And Agnostics are even better!