Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode escalated a bit.

Looks like Loki is biting off a bit more than he can chew. The bromance between Balder and him was strong. After seeing some of their childhood pasts, I'm not too surprised.
May 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Talking over. She avoids HioC's character. Greek group selling flowers, and scary candles by Miyu-Miyu's character. Egypt group (the teacher rather) is selling mummy dolls, lol. Then awkward alone time with Loki. Loki was telling her to leave him because he knew that the mood would effect him, which hurt people unintentionally and he will also forget what he did.

Sky lamp. Nice. Is that instrumental song Balder's character song? It was really both of their term. Ehhh~~~~ at the end.

Wonder who's turn next. Don't tell me it's really the teacher's turn like preview has shown!! Hopes that Anubis will appear (not just to stalk).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
Overly attached Balder-san :D
May 24, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
blder out of control was with amazing to see him in his other form

but why wants loki kill him ???

+ wonder when yukikaji chara anubus shows up
May 24, 2014 10:46 AM

May 2013
wtf Loki...
Apollon and his candles, can't stop laughing XD
May 24, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
Very good episode but i really did not expect that at the end there. Really want to see what happens next episode now.
May 24, 2014 11:37 AM
Mar 2012
Baldr went pretty crazy in the beginning there. But that cliffhanger...
May 24, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode, though there were some sudden mood changes that irritated me. I really like that dose of drama, and I'm wondering now what we'll see next episode, considering that killing thing at the end here. As far this anime is waaaay more enjoyable than I expected, Im waiting for more god's power! : D

Also lol, Thor is so out of place, it seems nobody loves him. xD
May 24, 2014 12:08 PM
Nov 2013
Well balder scared me a bit he's weird anyway at the END??
May 24, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
whoa. this show is actually gonna have plot. that ending O_O
May 24, 2014 1:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Baldr saying he has 2 special people.. Did he forget about Thor? Hahaha.

I know right? Poor Thor being forgotten, even though he was right there on the boat with them. Not sure why Balder stopped being so forceful all of the sudden since he doesn't remember what happened. But maybe he realized that something did happen and stopped being angry at Loki. Loki and Balder have a cute friendship. And yeah...that ending ._. Why does Loki have to kill Balder???
May 24, 2014 1:06 PM
Feb 2010
Surprise, surprise... Plot development? Really? Interesting...
Want more battles with powers between them.
Appolon is the perfect comedy relief character!
May 24, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2011
Woohoo, so happy they're including all the Loki/Balder drama. (´∀`)b Best routes.

May 24, 2014 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Sheesh, that cliffhanger >__>
This is getting more interesting. Anubis when?
May 24, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
So Toto now even does kabedon to guys... xD Poor Thor got left out by the three... D; They should have focused more on Loki this time (hopefully they'll do so next time since they cannot just leave him having said this and not follow this with anything) and not this damn rapist... ~.~ He even asked her if she liked him and afterwards said that HE can understand how she feels... Not as bad as actually trying to rape her as he did in the game (and which was even forgiven later on just like that, unbelievable), but that's still something a rapist would do. The added homosexual implicatons aren't even that bothersome... ~.~
Face_FaithMay 24, 2014 2:03 PM
May 24, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
I love Thoth for all the wrong reasons (mainly - there is no megane guy, so he fills the spot at least partially) but geez, they are trying way to hard to make him likable. Or maybe they are not trying, it's all intentional? Him eating the soup like a boss wasn't meant to be cute/warming/nice at all? His half unbuttoned shirt and crazy eyeliner are still cool.

Last week a thought they are not going to make this "route" believable in two episodes but hey, they did! It didn't felt rushed at all and Baldr is the master of expressions (it's all in dem eyebrows, I'm telling you). And even Loki got likable a bit! Just keep Apollon at bay and allow him to speak only thrice in the episode at most, it's better that way.
May 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
Thoth stealing every scene, hittin' walls where there were none.

Re: two special people, I'm thinking Thor doesn't count since Balder and he are brothers? Unless I'm getting my myths mixed up, Balder is Thor's big bro.

Wonder if that little story Loki told is truth lite. Murdering Balder might be a necessity. Yet again, I think he killed Balder in the myth because Balder was two-faced and doing some creepy stuff... Which is amusing, since Loki's the Mischievous God of Lies.

1000 pts. go to Apollon for being the most adorable Santa cultist ever! He's like Tamaki v2.0 but with more pyro.

Ciara said:
Just keep Apollon at bay and allow him to speak only thrice in the episode at most, it's better that way.
Hisssssssssss
currycurryMay 24, 2014 2:31 PM
May 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
Wut? After all that he wants to kill Baldr?
May 24, 2014 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
Brohug solves everything.

Kill Balder?That sure escalated.
May 24, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2010
Apollon is kind of annoying me a bit, but the candles were funny. Wtf at the end tho.
May 24, 2014 4:51 PM
Sep 2013
This episode was pretty good. I sense the story picking up some drama...I'll see what happens in the next episode.
May 24, 2014 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at Apollon and his creepy sculpture candles.

Loki plan to kill Baldr.
May 24, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
I initially liked Balder but after realizing he's a crazy yandere character, I'll stand by my top choice, Takeru!

That ending!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 24, 2014 8:09 PM

Apr 2014
You belong to me!!********

LOL those candles are too good

Balder got pretty intense back there, his power can be pretty scary

Them as children are just too cute :3

Holy twist!! Loki wants to kill balder? o_O I guess conflict has the begin soon to get to the magical boy transformation scene in the beginning
May 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2013
Forever alone level Thor. Poor baby D;

When Yandere!Balder's hand almost touch Yui's breast, I... o_____o

Can't get enough of Irino Miyu's voice for this episode "MeriKuri! MeriKuri!" totally reminds me of his other character; Chizuru from Kimi to Boku <33

Mistletoe war next week?

Thoth-sensei, pls
May 24, 2014 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
It seems that they're really trying to incorporate that norse mythology with Loki killing Baldr (not that I know much of it). I wonder why Thor seemed to be in on it too? Was this also part of the actual myths?
May 24, 2014 11:19 PM

Nov 2012
"i'll kill balder with my own hands" aw shiiiiiiiit
May 25, 2014 2:30 AM
Mar 2010
Well that escalated quickly. I couldn't help but hear Akashi Seijuuro speaking in this episode because he's also voiced by Kamiyan and he's also creepy.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 25, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2011
So I did like Balder at first, but he just freaks me out with how he has been acting. I'd really like to give him a good shake. Why is he being all mad she's not being a groupie when he liked her for not paying special attention to him like the others.

It soothed me to see her with Hades though. At least he turned out much warmer than one would have thought. :P
May 25, 2014 6:41 AM

May 2014
Ooooh~ Loki likes Yui-san too! XD

WHAT??! Kill Bal-Bal? WHYYYY?!
May 25, 2014 8:11 AM

Sep 2007
Well that resolution with the whole "Baldr goes Yandere" seemed a bit forced......
I mean....small talk in the nurses office solves everything? seriously?

I do wonder about the next episode....I kinda wish there was a Loki-only centered episode but since Baldr and Loki are so "close" it's going to be hard to do without pulling Baldr in again.......and sorry I don't really want crazy Baldr to get any more focus than this at least for another ep in a row.......
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 25, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2009
TheTwinGardeners said:
It seems that they're really trying to incorporate that norse mythology with Loki killing Baldr (not that I know much of it). I wonder why Thor seemed to be in on it too? Was this also part of the actual myths?

No, this wasn't the part of the actual myths. Thor caught Loki when tried to escape as a fish (was is salmon? I forgot).

You know, I've read quite a lot about norse mythology and my only conclusion about Baldr's death is.... well, Loki killed him because he was bored. Loki was a trickster, he wasn't malicious. When everyone was trying to kill Baldr at a party to test his 'ultimate defense' or whatever, he disguised himself and talked to Frigga, Baldr's mother, and found out that there was one being that didn't swear not to hurt him and it was mistletoe. So he was murdered his blind brother wielding a misletoe shaft aimed by Loki.
So yeah he was bored. And wanted to stirr things up.

Regarding this series.... I have no clue. I haven't played Kamigami no Asobi and no one spoiled it for me so far so I'm looking forward to next week
May 25, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
I was asking myself if Loki would kill Balder, like in the myths, and I had the answer in this episode O.o

Anyway, where is Anubis? I'm curious about him!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
May 25, 2014 9:54 AM

May 2013
It may sound weird but .... I seriously enjoyed all the little moments more than the main story of this episode.

Be it Apollon who cracked me up (man those things were so creepy but he was so proud and cute I bursted out laughing or when he called "watermelon gratin" the lanterns)
or Hades being a cutie, Thor being socially awkward in a cute way or even Toth (so that's how he got all that money haha)

Seriously I feel like the spot-Anubis-game is getting harder and harder, I thank people on tumblr with good eyes or I would have never found him this week.
May 25, 2014 10:58 AM
Feb 2013
OH DEAR, No Matter how Loki says it it kinda looks like a Balder X Loki yaoi thing to me.
May 25, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
I was sort of expecting that last line in a way BUT I WAS STILL SURPRISED!

Loki and Hades are my favourites... (I mean did you see some of Loki expressions so cute!)

I totally agree with you @Vongola_Shugosha little moments are great! How about those demon Santa candles!!

@RazorRamona200 what's a reversharem without a little yaoi?
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
May 25, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
those santa things apollon made are scary
lol thoth is so aggressive selling overpriced and buying bulk. those mummy dolls are cute :3
it seem like thoth has some red bean soup addiction...

omg that yandere balder, this is getting a bit out of hand...
that escalated rather suddenly..

brohug and pats on the head fixes everything~
little loki is adorable <3

aww thor got left out of the hand holding :(
what? kill balder? yui def wont let that happen =3=

(still waiting for anubis...)
overall i think hades and loki are my favs <3 (and maybe thoth too)
haineko123May 25, 2014 6:46 PM
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
May 25, 2014 7:19 PM

Jul 2012
I want to like this show but it's getting weaker after last week! :( I really don't like how it became darker (stupid yandere trope ugh) and the forced backstories. It's just not necessary. I just want some good otome fluff.
May 25, 2014 9:57 PM
Aug 2011
Holy shiat!!! Team Norse is bringing it.
+1 for you Norse, plus one for you.

Little Thor was adorable!
May 26, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
Thoht that's how you got so much money. You love your red bean soup ( Which is very good I must say ) Just as Hades loves his Strawvery Daibokfu : )

OMG Apollo and your art XDDD. You've truly mastered Deidara's art

Dat Santa and reindeer : 0 Went from Christmas to Halloween in an instant

Balder T___T You were lonely all this time.

Dat past T__T and Kid Loki, Thor and Balder : )

Watermelon Gratin err... Sky Lanterns was beautiful. Hope your wishes come true

In order to protect Yui and the othsrs you have to kill Balder. NOOOOOO T______T
May 28, 2014 2:12 AM

Feb 2014
That cliffhanger!
It's nice that they are following the Norse mythology well though cause Loki did kill Balder in mythology.
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
May 28, 2014 2:36 AM

Nov 2007
I dunno, Thoth kind of stole this episode for me. ^^; I've been lawling at how he always manages to find something to slam his hand into, even if he has to walk /around/ the person to do so. Pfff. And what's with all the soup? Either he has a major love for red bean soup, or it's Anubis eating it all.

Are they really going to do a Thoth episode? I'm not sure if that would make me happy or not. He's another one of those pushy types, but at least he's openly pushy and not masking it with ditzy cuteness. He could stand to learn a bit about being human, too, though. :/

Loved the watermelon gratin! <3 They were beautiful! I got Tangled flashbacks, though. :p But Apollo... your candles are too freaking creepy for me. I already have a /thing/ about dolls/mannequins/puppets and having their faces melt off is just making it worse. T^T
May 28, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2008
Why does Apollon keep quoting Deidara though xD
May 28, 2014 8:58 PM

Nov 2012
Everything was ok until "I'll kill Balder with my own hands" WHAT R U GONNA DO LOKI I THOUGHT YOU GUISE WERE FRIENDS ;_;
Jun 15, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
This episode is the quintessence of why I don't like otome game based anime. I haven't seen a single one that didn't feature an unassertive pushover as the main heroine. Despite the fact that she's been pretty unassertive since the 1st episode, It's been tolerable, and there are even times where Yui is assertive such as in episode 5 (I think). Sadly this episode has made me see that she's no different from any of the other heroines I've seen in other otome game based anime.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 20, 2014 4:53 AM

May 2010
All the Yui x Baldur x Loki triangle is driving me off.

Thoth is starting to make laugh with all that slamming xD He sure eats a lot.

I am happy with my Hades x Yui scenes no matter how small they are. Apollo's creations xD

Just shut up, Balder. Go get bald or something. To think he was my 3rd most fav in the first episode, that itself was absurd. That's an awesome way of calling people, Thor!

I don't care about Baldur's 'split personality' Why are we getting so many episodes about him... Hope it ends here, this arc.

There weren't as many people as there were candles but still, the scene was beautiful.

Kill Baldur? Uh- I won't stop you...
Jul 16, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2008
It's always good to see that sexy bastard, Toth!

I guess the show is going to stay somewhat truthful to Norse mythology.
I'm quite interested in seeing the kind of spin that will get put on this.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 4, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2011
These last 2 episodes have been really good, I hope they'll go with this story until the end of the series, and not just jump into another guy's (in this case, God) story.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 11, 2014 1:25 AM
Dec 2013
This whole episode was cringey then the ending just made it a bit more interesting. That escalated very quickly.
Jun 4, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2010
haganedonciii said:
wtf Loki...
Apollon and his candles, can't stop laughing XD

Totally^^^ xD
I wonder if Thor will have a bigger role.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

164 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 11, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.