Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2009 1:51 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The boys team begin to win.

Koume's father is still angry.

That guy who found out Akiko's skill hit a home run.

Some choir members are worrying about the baseball team. They finally said they are going to go early and came and watch.

One of the girls member got hurt and in danger of ending the game. That girl who got hurt is continue playing.

Akiko's fiance approved of the girls' courage and agree to continue playing like playing for All Japan Game.

The choir teacher finally gave in and led the members say "gambare" to them.

I forgot the name, but that girl who's not playing found out how the boys found out Akiko's skill.

The girls are doing their best, even for Kyouko!

Koume has finally able to catch Akiko's curvy ball!

Koume's father, who's angry but did not show his wanting to see his daughter play, has come to her game and encouraged her when she has pressure batting.

They still lost anyway.

There's KoumexSaburou moment! Koume is still wearing uniform.
tsubasaloverSep 24, 2009 2:58 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2009 6:34 PM

Feb 2008
Yey! The raw's up and I'm currently dl-ing it. :'3
I'll edit this comment again after I watch it ^_^

My stupidly-written-biased-review-esque comment after the comment below xD
FukuWijaSep 25, 2009 4:02 PM

Sep 25, 2009 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
Lol, I'm glad the show didn't end in a cliche way that the girls win, even though they just started to learn how to play baseball. Anyways, cute show and series; I enjoyed it. 8/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 25, 2009 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
No need to edit that comment...:'p

Well, that was a beautiful ending. As always...baseball always make me excited. x'3
It's funny how Koume's dad was so stubborn...being such a tsundere when he really, WANTED to see Koume's game. x'P

Well it was inevitable that the boys'll win.
Not because they're boys...but because they've been playing the game longer than the girls' have.
The girls' were lucky, even though they've just started playing, since they've worked hard to come to that point then that means they have potential. -nods-

I'm glad that Koume was finally able to catch Akiko's curve ball. ='3
And I was glad that Akiko's fiance finally understood that women aren't just your maid in the house. lawl
I mean, they can do what guys can do too if they will it. :']
And she definitely prove herself there. haha

Thanks to the girl who's from the newspaper club. :'p They finally knew how to counter the boys. :'p
Tomoe's sister can actually do the split! That was seriously hilarious! xD And the grade-schoolers were in awe at that xD
Girls are also more flexible than guys...they really made good use of that flexibility in this episode. lawl
Finally Tomoe scored a homerun! Hahaha! xD
And I love how the girls make good use of bunting the ball rather than trying to strike them. I wonder if bunting is easy though... (I've never really tried bunting the ball before...hmm...) Man, now I wanna go play baseball. xD

Man, I thought it ends after they all bow and say their thanks... O_O
Thank gawd there's still a last scene after the ED song. xD
That was so cute. >w<
I'm soooo gonna be fangirling this for awhile until I find something else to fangirl about xDD hahaha!

Coz I won't keep quiet if I didn't get my fix xD LMFAO

Anyways...an overall of 10/10 for me.
Coz I love baseball, and GIRL POWER!
And well, a series with good animation, humour and plot. ;'D
I can't be a crtitic. >_> Forgive me...

Sep 27, 2009 6:21 PM

Sep 2008
Wah, they lost, but I always had that vision in my mind.

My favorite plays were
- The Koume somersault
- Tomoe's homerun
- The Yuki and Tamaki ball pass play

Somebody needs to kill Iwasaki though; how dare he fracture Mamiko Noto's bone. >=[
As much as Koume wanted a sailor uniform, in my opinion, she looks better in a kimono.. maybe I'm just used to it, but I think it makes her a little cuter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 2:02 AM

Sep 2007
Such a great and cute series. I really had fun watching that last match (and I'm not one for sports-based anime lol). 9/10 for me :D
Sep 28, 2009 7:18 AM
Dec 2007
Excellent ending episode, and very fitting to the series. Great developments and a good resolution, for a cute and unpretentious series. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 28, 2009 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
Good episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 28, 2009 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
This was one of my favorite anime of the season. Very well executed, likable and relatable characters, a good mix of humor and drama.

This definitely gets a 9/10 for me.

Lija-chan said:

That was so cute. >w<
I'm soooo gonna be fangirling this for awhile until I find something else to fangirl about xDD hahaha!

This just made me squeal in pure delight! Good thing I was the ony one home when I watched it. XD

Sep 28, 2009 10:51 AM

Feb 2008
definitely this was the best way to end this. oh well its always the short and sweet ones that tend to be the best....
Sep 28, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm...it was a cute series but nothing too special. 6/10

It was worth watching :)
Sep 28, 2009 1:34 PM

May 2009
Very nice final match and episode - didn't think that they'd actually lose but I think that I like it better this way. It was definitely a good anime which I enjoyed. Really cute and funny.

7/10
Sep 28, 2009 2:10 PM
Mar 2008
Cute slice of life. Nothing special, but enjoyable.

7/10
Sep 28, 2009 4:21 PM

Apr 2009
Koume and Saburou are <3
Sep 28, 2009 9:25 PM

Jul 2007
The rarest element of any anime is a satisfying ending. This did not disappoint.

8/10
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Sep 28, 2009 11:39 PM

Aug 2008
hirahira said:
Hmm...it was a cute series but nothing too special. 6/10

Thats my view aswell... 6.5/10, rank 10/14 of the animes I watched (and dropped) this season...
Sep 29, 2009 4:45 AM

Jul 2007
draker said:
Cute slice of life. Nothing special, but enjoyable.

7/10

this :3
Sep 29, 2009 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
Nice ending episode, Koume x Saburou moment at the end was just "awww"

8/10
Sep 29, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
i loved this episode and this series. one of the best of the Summer season. so cute! 9/10. thank god for that adorable koume x Saburou moment!

Sep 29, 2009 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
That last match, awesome... that's the true sport spirit. I wanted girls to win that match, but anyway it was just the first...
It was always funny watch the Kyouko's yuri fantasies with Tomoe-oneesama, jaja.
9/10 excellent!!

Sep 29, 2009 11:39 AM

Oct 2007
Really acceptable and enjoyable show.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 29, 2009 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
I enjoyed the show very much, it was light and cute but didn't really felt mindless like most comedys/light romance series today.

Splitter said:
The rarest element of any anime is a satisfying ending. This did not disappoint.

I agree completely it ended just the way i thought it should end.

8/10
Sep 29, 2009 5:19 PM

Jun 2008
It was a very good build up to the climax since episode 11, It's nice to see that my expectations for this anime weren't betrayed.

7/10
Sep 30, 2009 7:15 PM

May 2009
So far one of the best endings this season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2009 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
Koume finally got her sailor uniform :P
Oct 4, 2009 1:06 AM

Feb 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Somebody needs to kill Iwasaki though; how dare he fracture Mamiko Noto's bone. >=[

I have to agree to this! D:
Nobody is allowed to injure Mami-chin! D'<
But Iwasaki is hawt...I cannot kill him. v_v
lawl xD

shadowsirenv said:
This just made me squeal in pure delight! Good thing I was the ony one home when I watched it. XD

Whee! I wasn't the only one! Who squealed in delight xD

Oct 7, 2009 1:41 AM

Jul 2007
I don't like baseball, like, at all.. but this was a truly awesome show. I thoroughly enjoyed 12 out of 12 episodes. The ending had all I hoped for, Tomoe's homerun, and the family crisis cleared up, even the old teacher person was in a good mood for once.

9/10.
Oct 7, 2009 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
I was a little disappointed that Takahara didn't propose to Koume like he said he would! Was looking forward to her telling him off or even Saburou getting to tell him to back the hell off his girl! ^^

Fantastic show overall...tons of great moments and I was completely entertained by the ending. =)
<3 SaburouxKoume!

9/10
Oct 9, 2009 6:35 PM

Apr 2007
This is without a doubt my favorite episode in the series. The game was very interesting and exciting the whole way through and didn't disappoint me at all. I especially loved when Yuki caught the high ball despite getting injured and Tomoe's home run.

Overall this series was a nice surprise. I grew to like all the characters (plus the girls were adorable <3), the animation was lovely, and there was even some nice romance. I can't resist rating this a 9/10.
Oct 16, 2009 5:39 AM

Jul 2008
Indeed this was a good episode, the one that just makes you feel good all over. I'm satisfied with the result of this show, it really started to slow down for me in those middle episodes. 7/10 for the series.
Oct 17, 2009 8:42 PM

Nov 2006
9/10 hands down. Thoroughly enjoyed this series; I'm thankful I decided to pick it up on a whim.
Oct 19, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
Between this and Aoi Hana, J.C. Staff is definitely a winner in my book.

This was excellent and surprisingly compelling.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Nov 23, 2009 8:43 PM

Nov 2007
I loved the bow at the end, and the fact that the men tried their hardest. The spirit of sportsmanship really conquered over a mad race to victory in this anime.
Ashiki o haroute tasuke tamae, Tenri-Ou-no-Mikoto.
Dec 16, 2009 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
I really enjoyed the show.

Baseball parts were the best, episodes like summer camp bored me a little, some parts were predictable, like Tomoe hitting the home run, so 7/10
Jan 1, 2010 8:15 AM

May 2009
Game set. Excellent conclusion to a very solid and enjoyable series. The ladies sure came a long way (an incredible feat for any gender really) and it was fun following along. And despite the large cast, each member of the team was distinct and memorable. Cheers to everyone involved in this production.
Feb 7, 2010 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
This definitely exceeded all my expectations.
Second season, anyoneee?
Feb 13, 2010 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
Entertainment really love Saburo x Koume couple..cuteee
A good example to date, well they didn't kiss but i'm SATISFIED XD

8/10
Feb 21, 2010 12:22 PM

Dec 2006
This was quite a nice show,and after watching Cross Game(Aoba doesn't count ;P ) and Major it was refreshing to see girls playing baseball.

May 21, 2010 10:59 PM

Jan 2010
I wish they continue to play baseball...I think the series should be longer...
Apr 19, 2011 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
HikariNijibane said:
I wish they continue to play baseball...I think the series should be longer...
Well they don't really have anyone to play against, all they can do are practice matches since they would never be allowed to participate in the official tournaments and there are no other female teams (or at least none were mentioned). I'm not really sure you could make a good anime out of nothing but practice matches after you've reached this point, unless they all split up into different high schools and found baseball clubs in each of them so that they could play against each other in a league they founded for that purpose, but I'm not sure that sort of plot would fit this series.
Sep 7, 2011 6:49 AM
Mar 2011
Nice anime. The last match was way too unrealistic, though. They score should have been 9-1. It's still unrealistic if you consider that one team has 5 years of practice, while the other - just half an year, but it's more acceptable AND would have had the same effect overall.
7/10 (Note that 7/10 stands for "Good").
Aug 5, 2012 1:41 AM

May 2008
Pretty good series, I didn't care much for the romance parts but I definitely loved everything in between. I would have preferred more episodes too but it was satisfying enough I guess.

7/10
Dec 16, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2011
If I hadn't watched my favorite baseball anime for the first time right before this, I might've rated it higher.

Last game didn't get me excited. I liked the romance parts more than the playing - that shouldn't happen.

Had the potential to be much more amazing though. The moment when her father came to cheer for her should've been groundbreaking, but I didn't give a care and it only lasted a few seconds. There were several episodes that barely had anything to do with baseball, and didn't bother to develop much character either.

It surprises me that everyone accepted that they play baseball rather easily. I expected the boy's team to at least have a 1 or 2 boys who were really against it. (Considering the time period)

Overall it was okay.
Sep 22, 2013 3:58 AM

Jun 2013
Lija-chan said:
No need to edit that comment...:'p

Well, that was a beautiful ending. As always...baseball always make me excited. x'3
It's funny how Koume's dad was so stubborn...being such a tsundere when he really, WANTED to see Koume's game. x'P

Well it was inevitable that the boys'll win.
Not because they're boys...but because they've been playing the game longer than the girls' have.
The girls' were lucky, even though they've just started playing, since they've worked hard to come to that point then that means they have potential. -nods-

I'm glad that Koume was finally able to catch Akiko's curve ball. ='3
And I was glad that Akiko's fiance finally understood that women aren't just your maid in the house. lawl
I mean, they can do what guys can do too if they will it. :']
And she definitely prove herself there. haha

Thanks to the girl who's from the newspaper club. :'p They finally knew how to counter the boys. :'p
Tomoe's sister can actually do the split! That was seriously hilarious! xD And the grade-schoolers were in awe at that xD
Girls are also more flexible than guys...they really made good use of that flexibility in this episode. lawl
Finally Tomoe scored a homerun! Hahaha! xD
And I love how the girls make good use of bunting the ball rather than trying to strike them. I wonder if bunting is easy though... (I've never really tried bunting the ball before...hmm...) Man, now I wanna go play baseball. xD

That was so cute. >w<

Anyways...an overall of 10/10 for me.
Coz I love baseball, and GIRL POWER!
And well, a series with good animation, humour and plot. ;'D
I can't be a crtitic. >_> Forgive me...

Iagree!
This anime was great! The final match was awesome and very well done. This anime is one of my new favourites :D! The story was very well done and I enjoyed the animation. I give this anime a 9 out of 10 FOR THE MOMENT, that could change to something, let's say higher if I re-watch it.
P.S. When Tomoe's sister did that spit I was like "EPIC!" That was one of my favourite scenes! And when Koume got that guy out at home, ( ∙_∙)>⌐■-■ → (⌐■_■), yeah!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 1, 2013 5:10 PM

Nov 2011
Tsh, shame they lost. I was cheering for the girls btw because I can. 6/10 overall, a sweet series of baseball and likeable characters although I felt it was just a bit short. This should of been a 2-core show.
Feb 27, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Once the OP started to play the game really picked up and it was so much fun to watch them play with their all. They may have lost the match, but the teams unity, the respect of those who initially opposed it, and being treated as players instead of girls on the field was a much greater victory.

8/10, the cast was made up of fun and interesting girls that brought their personalities to the table rather than when so many other titles out there bring fan-service and sex appeal. It was cute, fun, and had a nice message to go along with it. That last scene was really sweet too.
Mar 8, 2014 8:29 PM
Jan 2014
The last scene left me feeling all doki doki. It was a good anime, I give it 7.5/10, seeing as it seemed a bit unrealistic in some parts.

moving on.
Mar 11, 2014 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
Ah what a great feel-good SoL anime :) It's one of those series you watch when you had a bad day and need something to make you smile. It wasn't as intense as other sports anime but I found myself cheering for them. Koume's somersault, Kyouko's dive, Shizuka's split, Tomoe's homerun, Yuki's catch, Noe's strategizing and Akiko's superb pitching...it was awesome :D

8/10. I really liked it :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 22, 2014 12:15 AM

Dec 2010
Good stuff. Really glad I found out about it. 8/10.
Aug 9, 2015 2:31 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This match was pretty bad ass to be honest.
I didn't really expect them to win, but dang when they lost they just didn't seem upset at all. Like, whoa. I'd at least groan a bit.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2009

32 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2009

42 by SmilyMADman »»
Nov 22, 2021 2:47 AM

» This show is criminally overlooked

Joyce_Steele - Jun 4, 2013

6 by PaninaManina »»
Oct 28, 2021 8:25 PM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 6, 2009

44 by ezaya »»
Jul 9, 2020 6:35 AM

Poll: » Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

guyklc - Jul 2, 2009

64 by ezaya »»
Jul 6, 2020 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.