Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Post New Reply
Poll: Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion

Jul 30, 2012 6:20 AM

Hmm not the sort of ending I expected, there's still a lot of unexplained plot points and this episode was rushed.

Regardless, it was an enjoyable ride. I don't think I've seen a show except this one where every character feels interesting to me. Especially with the time travel element, it strongly reinforces the sense that each person is real, with a detailed past and future too. Amazing cast of characters.

Great music, especially with the version of Lacie with vocals. I'm glad they kept the same OP throughout because it's really great.

Sometimes the story was a little complicated to follow but I liked this spin on Alice in Wonderland. 8/10, the ending let it down but I'll give the manga a read next.
Jul 30, 2012 3:05 PM

Rather a weak ending but it was still nice! I do want to see an season 2 of this where they find more fragments of Alice's her memory or so!

Nice anime 7/10
Aug 4, 2012 2:01 PM

I was somehow expecting this, since there was so few episodes left and still no clear end in sight, but I kept having hope... but it was in vain. I have to admit this ending was quite a disappointment for me.

I can't wait for a second season, there must be one T.T There are more questions than answers with this kind of ending. Now I have to read the manga to know more, lol
If the manga could just have this same epic OST... xD Now I'll just have to play it in the background :P

8/10 for this anime, dropped from 9 because of the ending. They better make a second season, or the people deciding about these things will mysteriously start to die <.<
Aug 12, 2012 4:39 PM

Okay... what the heck was that?

Sure, I wasn't expecting a good, fully-explained ending after watching 24th episode, since I was sure they wouldn't answer all questions in only one episode but seriously? SERIOUSLY? How am I even supposed to calmly wait for another season, when there are so many questions?

This anime is already 3 years old and still no sings for 2nd season. And considering that anime ended at 8th volume, while the manga's still ongoing at 18th... There must be so much action, so much more to know, thinking about it makes me pretty insane.

Guess I'll have to start reading manga, I don't have the patience to wait. Too bad, without Kajiura's amazing soundtrack in the background it will be way less enjoyable... Oh well, I can always play it while watching I guess. And as much as I love this series, I really wish the manga is finished already. BECAUSE I WANT ANSWERS TT_TT
Aug 12, 2012 8:34 PM

I agree. Pandora Hearts is a beautiful anime and it saddens me to see it ended with so many questions unanswered. Well, I guess we're just gonna have to read the manga then. I do hope they make a second season though.
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
Aug 14, 2012 10:33 PM

Posts: 200 im not sure what to make of this anime now....strong first half with steady development followed by a flatlining and then an epic fail of an ending. I know that the manga doesnt go off on this ending so ill prob check it out. the series was better than most, I would prob give a 7.5/10, round it up based off of potential for a second season
Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM

It's already been 3 years.... forget a 2nd season :p

Good anime, last episode wasn't that great of an ending though.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more:
Monster girls club card:
See profile for exemples.
Aug 22, 2012 1:57 PM

so the only way to know the ending is to read the manga?
Aug 26, 2012 3:29 AM

drinkbeer said:
so the only way to know the ending is to read the manga?

Sep 7, 2012 6:51 PM

As much as I really really liked this anime, the ending just was not very satisfying. So many questions left unanswered. And ya know what, I honestly felt with the interesting premise and dark-side alice in wonderland characters that there was an enormous amount of potential in Pandora Hearts. Unfortunately what I noticed was that their weren't any truly inspring well thought out battle scenes, nor were there really any interesting psychological type battles either. I mean there could have been more poticial intrigue and all sorts of shits with the setting and all.

Again, that's not to say I didn't like the series overall. I certainly enjoyed 'The Abyss' and everything that came with it. I've noticed the manga is highly rated and goes on much longer so I'm thinkin' I might have to give it a try.
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Oct 13, 2012 7:33 AM

I really enjoyed this, it had its fair share of weak points. The ending left you wanting more, are they waiting for the manga to release more content before making a 2nd season? It seems like the author writes a single chapter a month. Back to the anime though, I loved most of the characters and the art was passable.

Nov 2, 2012 8:11 AM

this is what i hate the most: they didn't end the story. and it was such a good series, sigh...
Feb 24, 2013 11:13 AM

Feels like a preparation for another season - which never came. But even as such...strange.

And isn't it bad to kill one of the chains that guard the doors?
Feb 27, 2013 4:38 PM

Well, not a very good ending to an awesome series.. Guess I'll have to read the manga.
When life gives you lemons.. Have a lemon party!
Apr 6, 2013 12:55 AM

why the f**K did it end so???although this was awesome series...
May 19, 2013 8:29 PM

What the hell kind of ending is that?!?! I need more! I hope Alice and Oz get together.
Jul 12, 2013 2:31 PM

So many questions left unanswered. Guess I need to start reading the manga. Still a good anime.

(Pandora Hearts' OST is just so beautiful...)
Jul 21, 2013 1:23 PM

As everyone knows the ending was extremely disappointing. The series were a bit too melodramatic at times others than that everything was near perfection. Hope they think about making another season eventhough it has been 3 years....
P.S: The music, story and cast was great (Although Alice's issues with Oz and loneliness were quite annoying).
Modified by CloudStrifeACC, Jul 21, 2013 4:15 PM
Jul 23, 2013 6:19 PM

I think that the ending was rushed because the anime ran out of budget. This could have been the result of people not buying the DVD releases and streaming it instead. :/
Modified by DizzyChosen, Jul 23, 2013 6:36 PM
Aug 21, 2013 8:04 AM

I didn't like the ending >.<
I think that I'll Start the manga...

And yeah the music was great x) (I love the opening *^*)

Sep 9, 2013 1:47 PM

they never got to show raven!

Dec 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Damn the ending sucks, the last three episodes felt weird, it's like i'm watching a different show. but who cares anyway ? we have the manga.

8.5/10 for the first 22 episodes.
the last 3 episodes were totally empty and unnecessarily, it's like nothing even happened.
Communicate with me.. with ass telepathy.
Dec 11, 2013 3:29 PM

Just as I expected it was his father. Not a big turning point for me.

So we are missing the return of Glen, the story of finding the memories and themselves. And lastly finding a way to survive the clock on his hearth.

Basically we are missing a season 2. Another anime that gets low rated for the lack of a new season.

(To the specials!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Another anime that took me awhile to finish. Started the series early in 2013 and finished it yesterday. The characters(especially Oz) really took time to grow on me while others(especially Gil)never seemed to make an impact. Disappointed about how many pieces of the story weren't explained though since that's what really kept me watching.

Also, while not really effecting my score since I got used to it, the grainy look this anime seemed to have was a bit irritating.
Apr 27, 2014 7:45 PM

the show overall was good, liked the kind of time skip with the abyss, i feel that the last 3 episodes were very empty, usually show become really good at the end, but this one was pretty the contrary, a LOT of question unanswered(probably because there is only one season and the manga is big) so its dissapointing for me.

TL:DR show was good overall, last 3 episodes were empty, without emotions, and lot of questions unanswered sadly....
Apr 27, 2014 7:50 PM

I say they need a second season. They stopped at half point like Fruits Basket did. They're are still a lot of questions unanswered. I enjoy the manga more.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 2, 2014 9:47 AM

Very good series with shitty ending being ruined by lack of second season which will never come. basically all questions were left without answer, instead we got enormous cliffhanger and a trollface from the creators. Sigh, I guess I'd have to read manga, even tho I hate reading manga... :C
Jul 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Rushed to the max... If not there was no real story conclusion to begin with.. If you noticed they found like 3-4 memories and kept going in circles like "why am i here, what am i suppose to do, lets go find your memories and the reason why my sin blablabla" and repeats... THEN FINALLY they decide to freakin end the story with some stupid action and "this is oz's power *twinkle eyes*" and all the bs.... This story was a masterpiece until 16-20+ pr was suppose to be..
And if you noticed there were some stupid fillers or filler scenes which couldve been time to freakin uncover some dam questions we had ....
Jul 28, 2014 6:26 PM

I personally felt that the ending was rushed.. like, how all of a sudden was Oz able to defeat everything in one fell swoop? I'm confused and still left with so many questions.. I don't know if it explains it all better in the manga but geez, I sure hope there is a Season Two because this ending really disappointed me.
Nov 25, 2014 1:01 AM

Great anime except for the few last episodes where it was rushed quite a lot.

Too bad it doesn't look like it will get a second season. Guess it's time for the manga.

9/10 for this series.
Feb 10, 4:31 PM

7/10 -2 cuz unfinished.
Feb 10, 4:33 PM

The ending really upset me, but I'm over it.

The manga is better on so many levels.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Feb 19, 7:37 PM

Hmm, i surprised how this show is so good rated but not finished. It is good, when i saw that this show has comedy in it i already wanted to quit it, but they did it right and it was actually funny. Im sad that i will never see the ending of it :(
Mar 13, 6:38 PM

It was an okay ending. I'm just left confused with these last few episodes especially since episodes 21 & 22 were so good and thought it was going in a great direction. There needs to be a Season 2, I feel like there's so much that was unanswered and needs to be continued. I really liked the characters, some of the episodes were just okay and slightly boring but then it definitely had it's highlights, I really enjoyed the Cheshire Cat's and Break's backstory arcs . It's a 7/10 for me.
Mar 17, 10:28 AM

Well this was awful. Pretty much the type of ending all manga fans should dread, y'know, the ones that don't really resolve much but play too much with the manga canon to ever get a second season? Given that reboots are out of the question for most adaptations, this is likely all we'll ever get.

If they really wanted to go this route, why didn't they devote the last 3 episodes to Oz and his conflict with his dad? Shoving it to the tail end of this episode and having Gryphon one-shotted was LAME AS FUCK.

Oh well, the music was still wonderful this episode. The piece for the last few scenes in particular was one of my favorites.

was going to deal out 6 out of 10 if this ending at least entertained in the slightest but that didn't happen

Modified by gedata, Mar 17, 11:47 AM
Not changing this signature until MAPPA announces that they're adapting Naoki Urasawa's Pluto

shameless blog plug
May 9, 5:25 PM

Well its good to know I wasn't the only one thinking that this anime NEEDS a second season, like mentioned above how in the world did Oz not see that gigantic Griffon poster hangingright behind him, how'd he even sit down without glancing even once. I'm suprised the anime was just left open like this. What will become of Alice's sister- Will of the Abyss, did she still want Oz? What does Oz's dad look like? We didn't even see Oz's seal mark do a 360 turn gosh! This was actually a pretty decent anime concluded with a less than justifying ending.
May 27, 5:26 AM

This final episode really did feel rushed :/

Overall it was a decent anime. OST was great. Characters were cool. Stry was good but felt like there were way too many loose ends.

This anime had a pretty crazy amount of tonal shifts lol

Overall a 7/10. Now to go read the manga!
Jul 30, 12:09 PM

The ending...I won't even talk about it...just why. -_-
Aug 20, 3:31 AM

The ending just like that? Better if i read the manga
Sep 16, 3:13 PM

Hey guys!!!
Can anyone tell me what happened after words !???
I mean after the 25 episode .....
The ending was a cliffhanger ! I was expecting more from the ending (sigh)
But whatsoever , please TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWORDSS. I AM NOT SO MUCH OF A MANGA READER (now a days) so it'd be great if you could give me a quick review :D
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]