Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2009 1:51 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oz's father's been mentioned. Oz's kind of shocked that Alice knows about him because Gil told her. Zai is not here anymore... been lost for 10 years.

Break is thinking about Oz the day before.

Oz met Mrs. Kate.

Alice is happy to be in Oz's house because of full of meat.

Zai contacted with a chain and disappeared.

Oz asked about "Cliphone"(not sure the spelling) and Gil changed his face expression and not letting him see but too late. Oz seems to remember that chain, too. Yes, of course he and Gil remembers. That chain is the one who brought Oz down to the Abyss. Oz ran away and told Gil he want a quiet time. So... Zai is part of "Baskaville"

Break entered from a weird place again. Alice has no patience in waiting for Oz. Oz was thinking about getting his father please even after rejected, but is furious about his existence. Alice got mad at him (?) and said she can find what she is searching for herself. But also that made Oz think again.

In the morning, Oz came out and asked Break for help on seeing "Baskaville" so he can meet his father. Gil and Break, then, began finding whereabout "Baskaville" is and Gil found it very quick. Bablier = the most possibility of where "Baskaville" is. Alice is going along with Oz.

Oz is remembering what he's been doing which he thinks he's been doing wrong. Oz told Alice lots of things, but she doesn't understand. Break's been guessing what Oz's going to do when he met his father.

They have been arrived to Sablier. (I think there's a song sang by Emily "Balinger"!) Gil told Oz to not forget he's not alone. Baskaville appeared and began attacking Oz. They got trapped by "Cliphone" but Oz undid Alice's seal by himself. B-rabbit and Oz together defeated "Cliphone".

Oz, then, told one of the "Baskaville", assuming he's Oz's father, that he's himself.

After that, a background voice (I think he's Oz's father speaking?) says that it's not fun to deny an existence, but Oz shouldn't be existing.

Journey continues until Oz's clock finishes rotating...
tsubasaloverSep 24, 2009 2:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2009 2:31 PM

Apr 2009
Yes, Lacie with lyrics <333
I suppose this episode wasn't as terrible as the last two, but the end felt really rushed. Hopefully this is a nod towards a possible second season :D?
Sep 24, 2009 2:48 PM

Mar 2009
tsubasalover said:

Oz asked about "Cliphone"(not sure the spelling) and Gil changed his face expression and not letting him see but too late.

Its spelt "Gryphon" by the way xD

Meh..What an interesting ending?
IM CONFUSED. Episode didnt make any sense.Were did Lottie and co go? After they attacked and Gryphon appeared they just..vanished. And that scene were B-rabbit just completely beat Gryphon and obliterated the whole area with little effort was weird.

I find it funny how in the dining room there is a freaking huge portrait of Gryphon on the wall, but Oz only recognizes it as the chain that sent him into the abyss when uncle Oscar mentions it.
Sep 24, 2009 2:53 PM

Apr 2009
Clarsiso said:
I find it funny how in the dining room there is a freaking huge portrait of Gryphon on the wall, but Oz only recognizes it as the chain that sent him into the abyss when uncle Oscar mentions it.

A normal person would take note of something that big, yes. But Oz is... well, anime-wise his very slow and doesn't notice things until the last minute. Actually I find it amusing for in episode 20-21(?) he told Rufus that he was smart but childish. XDD

Yeah, a smart person would've recognized something that big in size and wide in length. =__=;
Sep 24, 2009 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
That was quite a good ending, particularly when you consider how mediocre the previous filler episode was. But Gawd, this series just cries for a sequel. Can we hope against hope that someday when the manga is closer to the end we will get to see a part 2?
Sep 25, 2009 2:07 AM

Sep 2007
NIARF !
Claymore ending !
Sep 25, 2009 12:48 PM

Sep 2009
I for one still haven't seen a subbed episode but i watched part of the Raw, it looks good, althought the last few episodes seem a bit ... rushed :( Hopefully the next season will take things a bit slower...

THANK GOD it's an open ending and i agree about the Kuroshitsuji thing but meh at least we're getting a second series so i should complain heh XD
Sep 26, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
It felt kinda rushed, but the ending was pretty good. It was pretty open and there's probably going to be a second season.
Sep 26, 2009 8:19 AM

Aug 2007
Bah, I am finally disappointed in this anime. Revealing Zai was the one who sent Oz to the Abyss so early and rendering Mad Hatter useless in those scenes with Gryphon... Chapter 40 of the manga is now ruined, as well as Gilbert's chances of character development, lol.

On the bright side, it had an open ending... So hopefully it will be continued in a few years or whenever.
Sep 26, 2009 8:42 AM

Mar 2009
RUSHED! They beated gryphon with one hit? I assumed that he was quite strong but he was super weak against b-rabbit's real power.

Lets hope for a second season.
Sep 26, 2009 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
I hope there's a second season :)
Sep 26, 2009 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
End with still many question unanswered.

I hope when the manga ends this could have a second season
Sep 26, 2009 9:45 AM
May 2009
Second season. NAO!

Question for the manga readers: Was daddy Bezarius the one who threw Oz into the Abyss as well, and if so, how long down the road was he supposed to have found out?
Sep 26, 2009 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
I definitely hope this leads to another season because that was way too epic and open ended to be left like that...
Sep 26, 2009 10:06 AM
Feb 2009
Hokai 1st post ever in these forums and this was the only ep. that made me do so.
Maybee this is only my opinion but w/e
The episode: hated it...
I mean like wtf? the last episode where you would normally expect some epic ending with some fightin or something liek that but noo.. they decided to make almost the whole episode (last in fact) simply talkin bout Oz and his father. And bout 2mins of my expected "epic" fight.
Well huh maybee im missin` something but srsly... i loved this anime all the time there really wasnt a episode i didnt liek but God... the last ep. simply faild.
But liek i said its only me...
Ehh tho still kinda hopin for a second season. ^^
CyredSep 26, 2009 10:15 AM
Sep 26, 2009 10:12 AM
Jul 2008
Rushed! I though Gryphon would be super strong, but with one hit? Stupid. Still I hope for a second season.
Sep 26, 2009 10:28 AM

Feb 2008
Not surprised about Gryphon getting beat in one hit, B-Rabbit is supposed to be the strongest chain after all.

Hoping for a second season, hope it won't be that long of a wait like Inuyasha.

Sep 26, 2009 10:55 AM

Jan 2008
gahh.. i hated this series >.> I'm glad its finally over!
Sep 26, 2009 11:04 AM

May 2008
The fight was a bit rushed and too easily won, but I'm happy with the ending.

Season 2 please <3

Sep 26, 2009 11:14 AM

Sep 2008
lol another tsubasalover lolsummary

I thought it would be a failending from last week, but it was actually alright for me. Sure they had to make an original ending, but I was quite happy with the outcome since it was refreshing seeing something different from the manga.

So... 5 years til Pandora Hearts Brotherhood?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 11:45 AM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
So... 5 years til Pandora Hearts Brotherhood?

Bring it on! :D

I really enjoyed the beginning of this series, but the last few episodes have felt sort of weak. I wish more of the characters would have gotten to be mentioned in the end. :/
Sep 26, 2009 11:49 AM
Sep 2009
Loved the last episode!

The whole ending was really rushed, so I'm 90% sure that there will be a second season. At least I hope there'll be a second season.

That part about Oz's father was really depressing, though.
Sep 26, 2009 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
ok, it was not an entirely bad episode.
I ´m just sad that in the last 3 episodes, they decided not to follow the manga...
anyway, it was nice to see Oz´s decision, and they left the ending pretty open, so there´s still a chance for season 2!
Lacie with lyrics is lovely, does anyone know where i can get the song?
Sep 26, 2009 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
lacie with lyrics is great and after watching this ep I'm pretty sure they're going to make a second season cuz no question was answered like why did his father hate oz,what's going to happen to oz now that the clock on his chest is full/over,what was the story between jack and glen etc...+I never ever saw a "boss battle"(if u can call it this) so short
Sep 26, 2009 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Can't believe it's over. I was kind of always looking out for this show every week.
The ending was .. not really satisfying. We still don't know everything about the Tragedy of Sabrie.. And I'd like to know when the mark on Oz' chest will be 'completed'. So I guess I should give the manga a shot, then.

+1 for the soundtrack
Especially the OP and the vocal tracks from the soundtrack were very likable.

8/10 for the whole show.
Sep 26, 2009 12:36 PM

Mar 2009
asdf1248 said:
Second season. NAO!

Question for the manga readers: Was daddy Bezarius the one who threw Oz into the Abyss as well, and if so, how long down the road was he supposed to have found out?

Sep 26, 2009 12:47 PM

May 2009
waiting for season 2 :D
I`M A MURDERER
Sep 26, 2009 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
Last three episodes drag my score down to a 9/10. Episode twenty-five was definitely an improvement over the previous two and gets bonus points for Break popping out of the cabinet. Also, another reteaming of Yuki Kajiura and Emily Bindiger is pure gold. But in the end it lacked the impact it should've had because it was so rushed (Plus the whole "Don't look at the giant painting!" was ridiculously stupid.)

I would love a second season that perhaps pretended like these last three episodes never actually happened. "Pandora Hearts" is one of the best animes I've seen in a long time with a fascinating story, great music, and a wonderful cast that is unusual in that it has absolutely no dead weight or someone I dislike.

Failing another season the English versions of the manga are going to be released by Yen Press starting December. I don't normally read manga but "Pandora Hearts" is just too good to resist. Their release schedule says between December 09 and December 10 they'll only be releasing three volumes though.
TeufelSep 26, 2009 1:04 PM
Sep 26, 2009 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
yeah, we need season 2. honestly that end was... poor.
Sep 26, 2009 1:03 PM

Apr 2008
I hope they do a second season, but this series wasn't bad, but I don't feel any urge to go read the manga, therefore, second season please come!
Sep 26, 2009 1:05 PM

Apr 2009
Not thrilled with this ending. I mean yeah there are so many questions unanswered so you would think there would be a second season so yay for that, but this ending was so... idk!!! But I just didn't like it. And am I the only one out there that is wondering why they didn't give any closure to Vincents character? And Echo! I thought she went against Vincent when she caught the antidote vile for Oz's sister. Butthen there she was lying to Oz saying he was gone? Confusing. well hope there is a second season. :-/
Sep 26, 2009 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
The series was great a bit rushed but none the less it was still good Gave it a 10
Sep 26, 2009 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
I cant belive that there will be no Pandora Hearts . the ending was not satisfied but at least we knew who drpped Oz into the abyss.

Sep 26, 2009 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
i did not like how it ended because it felt kind of rushed and un answered questions...i also wanted to know about his (time left)....i just wish and hope there will be a second season
Sep 26, 2009 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
Aw... so the first season basically ends w/info that I knew since the beginning?? Lol. Oh well... I mean, at least Oz knows now. xD

Can't wait for the second season! :3

At least... I hope there'll be a second season. Most-likely since... the story's really not over.

If worse comes to worse, we still have the manga. ^^
~ WinterRose ~

Sep 26, 2009 2:19 PM
Sep 2007
It did seem rushed, but overall it was great :D And it did seem wide open for a second season so I hope that comes soon ^^

Hopefully both the anime and manga continue :3

BTW, does anyone know the name of that song that was sung during the whole last battle scene? It was really nice. Was it lacie with lyrics?
Sep 26, 2009 3:02 PM

Jul 2008
I liked it but it left some unanswered questions. =/ Hopefully they'll make a second season.
Sep 26, 2009 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
Another boring episode

I would give this series a 5 but I'm giving it a 6 just for the awesome music
Sep 26, 2009 3:06 PM

Jul 2008
I agree, the ending could've been better.
Sep 26, 2009 4:13 PM

Apr 2009
I would like to rate this a 8.5/10
I'm not ure if it's worth 9, or not.
The music is great. The story. The characters.
So predictable, yet so unpredictable. That's why I like this, it's not like other happy-ending animés.
But the thing with Oz's dad is pretty lame. I predicted he was the one on the ceremony at first.
Sep 26, 2009 4:25 PM

Sep 2009
Note to everyone who plans to read the manga, if you don't want to he dissapointed in the anime don't read the manga. After you have read it, you realize all the faults in the anime, and believe me there are a lot.

Although it is safe to say the manga is the best manga I have ever read. It is simply amazing and I can guarrantee you that you will see no faults. Everything is too perfection; the character interactions, storyline, epic moments and romantic moments. It is amazing.

I am currently on chapter 41 and I can tell you with all certainty that no one could possibly hate this manga. I will be sure to buy it when it is released I'm Australia (the wait is killing me).

If only the anime was as good...
Sep 26, 2009 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
Rushed ending, but loved the anime. REALLY LOVED IT!
Sep 26, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2009
hoping for season 2, despite rushed ending

9/10 from me
Sep 26, 2009 5:02 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't realize this was the final episode. It sure didn't felt like one. So many potential being rushed, I just can't understand why.
Sep 26, 2009 5:20 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the series overall, but it was kind of a weak ending that felt extremely rushed. It answered no questions other than it was his father that gil stopped him from attacking and added a bunch of new ones. There was no epic fight scenes or anything like that and it just saw sudden and radical changes in characters for no noticeable reason. It almost would have been better to flesh out the previous couple episodes and end it there.

The series is incomplete without a second season and that is just the best way i can say that.

Alice is a great character though.
Sep 26, 2009 6:06 PM

May 2008
second season pl0x o.o

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 26, 2009 6:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lame.

I'm surprised why this series get such a high score. Shangri-la was way better than this imo.

The manga must be miles better. But the anime ruined it so much I lost interest in reading the manga....It's a shame. I'll probably read the manga in a few years when this lameness goes away...
wakka9caSep 26, 2009 6:17 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 26, 2009 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
so oz, you went a long journey to look for your father just to talk to him abt 2 sentences? wow.....

ehem, it's alright, i think the ending could've been better but hey, i don't really mind it overall since it is kinda expected that they can't fit in the whole series in 26 episodes. meh..
Sep 26, 2009 7:11 PM

Jul 2007
That was epic-ly rushed ...
Sep 26, 2009 7:22 PM

Jul 2008
Boring ending. :/ Idk, this series was mostly fun just to scene the manga scenes animated and to see Break in action. 7/10 because it was overall a very good series and mainly suffered from a dull ending arc.

BEGINNER
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clarsiso - Jul 23, 2009

89 by Snow-crystal »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.