Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2009 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just watched episode 26...

Sep 24, 2009 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
Reiji changed his eyes to Zwei mode and begin attacking the new Phantoms!

That's what Scythe is hoping for? He, then, joins the fight, too and wears the mask. As Eren says, final battle has begun.

Reiji led Eren to go for Scythe and he is fighting the other phantoms.

Weird names for the new phantoms... I cannot get what he said.

Eren defeated her two new phantoms easily, but Zwei is having a hard time dealing with his two new phantoms. He still defeated one of them because of Cal's music clock.

Scythe says that Eren is unable to kill him because she only kills when ordered. Ein shed her tear and says she's able to kill him now. She did... and Scythe is creepy til the end.

After that, Reiji caught Eren, who was going to fall down. Eren finally cried out loud in Reiji's hug.

In the morning, many people found the church messy with polices. Mio, looking at two people's footprints, knew that Eren and Reiji were gone.

6 months has past. Reiji and Eren are in the bus on the way to the scenery Eren remembers. Eren sleeping on Reiji's shoulder while Reiji looking at Scythe's info. Apparently he's a scientist from Berlin. He's searching for Eren's past by searching for Scythe's info. It looks like Eren is from ... how to say... an organization for children who has no parents and home, in Hong Kong. The person who looks like the owner thinks that Eren looks familiar. Mongol is where Eren is from.

Reiji left Eren alone. Eren says nothing is important now except the name that Reiji gave her. Reiji is also thinking about Eren. Then a gunshot from behind... Reiji's DEAD!!!! NOOOOO!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2009 3:40 PM

May 2009
Bee TRAIN AWESOME JOB ^___^ IM SOOO HAPPY NOW
Not Cereluan but REQUIEM
Im pleased with the AOE
CAL Justice is Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 24, 2009 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
Sad, sad episode.

I just readied my AN-94.
Sep 24, 2009 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
sad sad sad sad episode
damit>_<!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 24, 2009 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
LadyOrihime said:

Cal fans should be happy now! XD As well as people who wanted a AOE.

Thank you, dear LadyOrihime, you just made my day ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 24, 2009 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
RAW is out...in case anyone hasn't checked yet.

As much as I would like to believe in the whole "we didn't see a dead body" claims over at Animesuki, I know better. It's true that Reiji did surive the multiple gun-shot wounds in episode 10...but everyone and their mother knew that wasn't the end of him, because we had 16 episodes left. The finale is just so...final! LOL!

But I don't think anyone can say for sure if Elen was also killed.
For one thing, the "drive-by" shooter shot off one bullet and kept on rolling by. Afer Reiji goes down, Elen actually turns around, is "looking into the camera", and gives a little smile and a little giggle before she fades away...it was kinda creepy! XD We then see her laying in the grass, looking up at the sky and smiling. Followed by a close-up of flower she was looking at earlier, now with a missing petal, and then a single shell casing, which could have very well been a part of the bullet that got Reiji.

So to summarize: one shot, one person goes down, one shell casing *shrug*
LadyOrihimeSep 24, 2009 7:25 PM
Sep 24, 2009 7:47 PM

Mar 2008
The ending felt incomplete, yet I know it's the ending.
Sep 24, 2009 10:19 PM
May 2009
Excellent ending.. couldn't hope for more out of the show. Most people are mad about Reiji dying however the show is called Requiem for the phantom. Wouldn't be surprised is Eren is actually dead too then there wouldn't be any phantoms left.
Sep 25, 2009 4:21 AM

Jun 2009
LadyOrihime said:
RAW is out...in case anyone hasn't checked yet.

As much as I would like to believe in the whole "we didn't see a dead body" claims over at Animesuki, I know better. It's true that Reiji did surive the multiple gun-shot wounds in episode 10...but everyone and their mother knew that wasn't the end of him, because we had 16 episodes left. The finale is just so...final! LOL!

But I don't think anyone can say for sure if Elen was also killed.
For one thing, the "drive-by" shooter shot off one bullet and kept on rolling by. Afer Reiji goes down, Elen actually turns around, is "looking into the camera", and gives a little smile and a little giggle before she fades away...it was kinda creepy! XD We then see her laying in the grass, looking up at the sky and smiling. Followed by a close-up of flower she was looking at earlier, now with a missing petal, and then a single shell casing, which could have very well been a part of the bullet that got Reiji.

So to summarize: one shot, one person goes down, one shell casing *shrug*

Sorry but Elen is dead.

You forgot to mention that when Reiji fell over dead is also when Elen finally got up from doing whatever she was doing with the flower. She was starring at it for way to long to simply be admiring it. The only reason Elen wouldn't be upset at seeing Reiji dead is if she knew she were dying too. I really, really doubt that they would point out the missing petal if it weren't significant. Even more significant was that the missing petal was shown right after the close-up of her lifeless face and right before showing the shell of the bullet which killed Reiji. I don't know a whole lot about botany but that flower also looks suspicously like it could be in the nightshade family. I do know that they generally have five petals and are purple.

I think that even if it's not even referenced in the subs it's fairly obvious that Elen did indeed commit suicide by flower.

I actually really like this ending even though it's depressing because it fits the mood of the show.
Sep 25, 2009 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
Cal fans should be happy now! XD As well as people who wanted a AOE.

Happy about Cal's death being even more meaningless?

In any case, as trollish as the ending might be, it is more complete then the True Cerulean ending in VN was. Since we never got a confirmation or even a hint that they managed to run away from Inferno, I was irritated. In anime, I guess there won't be such problems.

And so in the end, Cal's words from the "Cherry Blossoms Avenue" ending rang true.
Sep 25, 2009 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
Fuck....
Sep 25, 2009 7:03 AM

Sep 2009
I have mixed feelings >.< on the one hand i like bad endings, also i think that this ending fits this anime more than a happy ending but on the other hand i am little depressed that there was no happy ending for the two =(
well have to wait for the sub version
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 25, 2009 12:53 PM

Dec 2007
WTF.. the way it ended wasnt too my liking.. he died? wtf man.. so dam fucking sad
Sep 25, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Nayrael said:

There are some Cal fans that are happy he was killed because he killed Cal.

-------

People, please stop confusing me saying she DIDN'T DIE. I said she didn't die on screen. Big difference.

DrHouse said:

Sorry but Elen is dead.

You forgot to mention that when Reiji fell over dead is also when Elen finally got up from doing whatever she was doing with the flower. She was starring at it for way to long to simply be admiring it. The only reason Elen wouldn't be upset at seeing Reiji dead is if she knew she were dying too. I really, really doubt that they would point out the missing petal if it weren't significant. Even more significant was that the missing petal was shown right after the close-up of her lifeless face and right before showing the shell of the bullet which killed Reiji. I don't know a whole lot about botany but that flower also looks suspicously like it could be in the nightshade family. I do know that they generally have five petals and are purple.

I think that even if it's not even referenced in the subs it's fairly obvious that Elen did indeed commit suicide by flower.

I actually really like this ending even though it's depressing because it fits the mood of the show.

A petal of a nightshade doesn't kill. The most toxic part of it is the root. Nightshade can even be used for medicinal purposes (such as a seditive). Nightshade is found in a few foods (tomatoes, potato', sweet and hot peppers, etc.), And the flowers she was looking at don't look anything like nightshade. They look more like a Corn-Cockles, or even pansies.
And nightshade wouldn't have killed her that fast...No single petal of a flower would have killed her that fast.

So, sorry, your theory just doesn't fly with me. Along with the flower not being nightshade, Elen would have had to known Reiji was going to be killed at that moment. Her scene goes from looking at the flower, to looking up at the sky before we see Reiji go down. We see her get up, look into the camera, smile and giggle.

Her face didn't look lifeless to me. The "spark" in her eyes didn't go out, as Cal's did, or any other character's had. She was smiling and looking up at the sky. People do that when they tan outside, and people do lay in the grass and day dreaming, looking at the sky. They breath, of course, but I rarely see an anime, or ANY cartoon, where they actually show a character breathing, with their chest going up and down.
Sep 25, 2009 1:43 PM

Jul 2009
LadyOrihime said:
People, please stop confusing me saying she DIDN'T DIE. I said she didn't die on screen. Big difference.

Not that big of a difference, what matters either way is that she bite the dust and reach "GAME OVER!!!" or a random "RROD". It's like in ancient time when a prisoner is given 3 choices to die: Either by watching K-On, or by watching Junjou Romantica, or by watching some random H... <_<

Sep 25, 2009 2:50 PM

Jun 2009
Whatever elen fans let's just face it
She died=/ Reiji died cal died.
GAY ENDING
Sep 25, 2009 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
You can infer, but it will never be proven. End of discussion.
Sep 25, 2009 3:14 PM

Jun 2009
LadyOrihime said:
Nayrael said:

There are some Cal fans that are happy he was killed because he killed Cal.

-------

DrHouse said:

Sorry but Elen is dead.

A petal of a nightshade doesn't kill. The most toxic part of it is the root. Nightshade can even be used for medicinal purposes (such as a seditive). Nightshade is found in a few foods (tomatoes, potato', sweet and hot peppers, etc.), And the flowers she was looking at don't look anything like nightshade. They look more like a Corn-Cockles, or even pansies.
And nightshade wouldn't have killed her that fast...No single petal of a flower would have killed her that fast.

So, sorry, your theory just doesn't fly with me. Along with the flower not being nightshade, Elen would have had to known Reiji was going to be killed at that moment. Her scene goes from looking at the flower, to looking up at the sky before we see Reiji go down. We see her get up, look into the camera, smile and giggle.

Her face didn't look lifeless to me. The "spark" in her eyes didn't go out, as Cal's did, or any other character's had. She was smiling and looking up at the sky. People do that when they tan outside, and people do lay in the grass and day dreaming, looking at the sky. They breath, of course, but I rarely see an anime, or ANY cartoon, where they actually show a character breathing, with their chest going up and down.

Well either way, she's dead rite? And well i doubt Beetrain is going to make an OVA to explain it, because they are gay that way.
So we won't have proof if either both of them died or survived, or whatever.
But i guess this is the end of phantom, though before this Phantom : The animation was made< it sucked +_+. I really hope maybe later in the future they'll make an anime that is similar to phantom=[
Sep 25, 2009 3:26 PM

Jun 2009
LadyOrihime said:

This is an anime where people can dogde bullets by running really fast every time and where two people who get shot in the chest and land in the water somehow both survive without drowning or bleeding out despite never recieving medical attention of any kind. There's also no such thing as an "amnesia drug" that could have been used on Zwei to make him forget his entire past life which would not have caused severe brain damage. My point was that it has a passing resembalence to a fairly well known deadly flowering plant so most people like me who know nothing to very little about botany or poison are going to be willing to believe that eating any part of that plant could kill you. I think that in the case where, in order to be realistic, Elen would have to pull ten flowers out of the ground, stuff them in her mouth, and then wait half an hour to die there is some justification for taking a little artistic license. Sorry, but factual arguments rarely apply to anime.

I think we are supposed to at least assume that it was Elen who plucked the petal since we saw it was whole when she went down to look at it and it's missing a petal after she had been offscreen for a few seconds. None of the other flowers are missing petals. Elen has never been impulsively destructive so obviously there must have been some reason she wanted to do that. Maybe when the subs come out they will reveal something Elen thought would be symbolic about a four-petaled flower. I doubt it, though.

LadyOrihime said:

I'm not sure Elen commited suicide because Reiji died. I think her reason will be revealed once the subs come out. Although she probably could hear the silenced gunshot since she's a phantom and that was before she said her last little bit while staring at the flower. Maybe she was just tired of running or maybe she wanted to get rid of the Reiji's last connections to his past as an assassin so he could go back to Mio. Obviously something must be up because Elen's reaction to seeing Reiji get killed was weird even for her and they were standing in that field for hours because the sun was setting when Reiji died.

What's up with the "The End" picture after the credits? Who's hand is casting the shadow over Zwei's gun?
DrHouseSep 25, 2009 3:45 PM
Sep 25, 2009 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
What's up with the "The End" picture after the credits? Who's hand is casting the shadow over Zwei's gun?

Really there was a shadow i don't really see it>_<!
Sep 25, 2009 10:35 PM

Jan 2009
DrHouse said:
This is an anime where people can dogde bullets by running really fast every time and where two people who get shot in the chest and land in the water somehow both survive without drowning or bleeding out despite never recieving medical attention of any kind. There's also no such thing as an "amnesia drug" that could have been used on Zwei to make him forget his entire past life which would not have caused severe brain damage. My point was that it has a passing resembalence to a fairly well known deadly flowering plant so most people like me who know nothing to very little about botany or poison are going to be willing to believe that eating any part of that plant could kill you. I think that in the case where, in order to be realistic, Elen would have to pull ten flowers out of the ground, stuff them in her mouth, and then wait half an hour to die there is some justification for taking a little artistic license. Sorry, but factual arguments rarely apply to anime.

If shooting a bunch of holes into people can't kill them, then I don't think Bee Train would expect anyone to believe that a a petal of a common flower would kill anyone.

I think we are supposed to at least assume that it was Elen who plucked the petal since we saw it was whole when she went down to look at it and it's missing a petal after she had been offscreen for a few seconds. None of the other flowers are missing petals. Elen has never been impulsively destructive so obviously there must have been some reason she wanted to do that. Maybe when the subs come out they will reveal something Elen thought would be symbolic about a four-petaled flower. I doubt it, though.

I'm not sure Elen commited suicide because Reiji died. I think her reason will be revealed once the subs come out. Although she probably could hear the silenced gunshot since she's a phantom and that was before she said her last little bit while staring at the flower. Maybe she was just tired of running or maybe she wanted to get rid of the Reiji's last connections to his past as an assassin so he could go back to Mio. Obviously something must be up because Elen's reaction to seeing Reiji get killed was weird even for her and they were standing in that field for hours because the sun was setting when Reiji died.

I'm not denying that Elen picked the petal off. It just didn't kill her XD

Someone over at animesuki said this in regarding to what Reiji and Elen are thinking:

Mei19 said:
So Reiji is standing there still swearing the same thing that there is only one promise left that he had to protect out of allll the promises that he broke. Then swearing that he will one day take back Elen's REAL smile. After that short monologue of Reiji's before he got shot, Elen's last thoughts were:

"That alone is enough for me to live on. Just that."

Grim Reaper? XD
LadyOrihimeSep 25, 2009 10:40 PM
Sep 25, 2009 10:53 PM

Jun 2009

Grim Reaper? XD
gasp phantom requiem for the grip reaper?
LOL!
Sep 26, 2009 3:21 AM

Jun 2009
LadyOrihime said:
Someone over at animesuki said this in regarding to what Reiji and Elen are thinking:

Mei19 said:
So Reiji is standing there still swearing the same thing that there is only one promise left that he had to protect out of allll the promises that he broke. Then swearing that he will one day take back Elen's REAL smile. After that short monologue of Reiji's before he got shot, Elen's last thoughts were:

"That alone is enough for me to live on. Just that."

So she's gone back to being an emotionless puppet who has just one purpose in life?

Well then I take everything I said about this ending being good back. It would have been better if they had just copied one of the endings from the vn.

I liked my ending alot better. Even if it was incomplete and nonsensical. xP
Sep 26, 2009 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
http://www.phantom-r.jp/season3.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 26, 2009 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
tsubasalover said:
http://www.phantom-r.jp/season3.html

Uhm...
i think the japanese translates to: third stage.
episode 20-26
kerobearSep 26, 2009 11:03 PM
Sep 27, 2009 9:37 AM

Jan 2008
where the hell is the subbed version? >_<
Sep 27, 2009 11:05 AM

Sep 2008
Inferno doesnt sub regularly from about episode 20....
Sep 27, 2009 1:21 PM

May 2008
Scythe using a nazi luger pistol, how adequate.
Sep 27, 2009 1:34 PM

Jan 2008
finally wathced the last episode subbed...i really don't understand....Reiji is killed and then she turns back and smiles at his dead body or what?...so...Elen's dead or not!!!...i hate it when i don't get an ending >_<
Sep 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
patlagik said:
Reiji is killed and then she turns back and smiles at his dead body or what?

"Just as planned"? Death Note? LOL

So the real killer as well as mastermind is Ein?!! I knew it as I always doubt that fishy gal 8-)

Sep 27, 2009 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
*sniffle*

† R.I.P. † Reji

Anyway, awesome ending, except for the fact Reji got assassinated at the end there.
And...

Final Score: Elen 5 - Reji 3 (kills)
Meh_93Sep 27, 2009 1:49 PM
Sep 27, 2009 2:03 PM

Sep 2008
oh, subs are out
Sep 27, 2009 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Solid ending. The organisation will finish off the phantoms sooner or later. Since SM died, the era of phatoms kinda ended as well. The ending was abit like the one from CG R2.

Overall: 9/10
Sep 27, 2009 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
Going on excursion to Mongolia just to be shot in the middle of the plains. I lol-ed.
As I complained earlier, there were too many weak and boring/annoying episodes. 6/10, nothing more.
Sep 27, 2009 2:40 PM

May 2009
good ending and Reji`s not dead ..its like a clifhanger to let our imagination think ...
I`M A MURDERER
Sep 27, 2009 2:52 PM

Oct 2008
I am dissapointed. I was ready for Reiji and/or Elen getting killed at the end, but not in such a stupid and random way... They didn't deserve to live, for all those lives they took, but they deserved at least a good ending and a choice of their deaths. Well Elen supposedly is still alive, but Reiji died in such stupid manner that i can't just forgive it... i mean - it's to friggin random, if you look at it this way - Inferno somehow tracked them down all the way to mongolian's middle of nowhere plains and send an assassin riding on a carriage pretending to be a mongolian native(?) to kill Reiji alone and leave Elen alone... it just doesn't make any sense to me. :/
Sep 27, 2009 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
Ohohohohohohohoho. Stupid Reiji. He had it coming.
What's even worse was the idiotic expression on Elen's face the entire last 3 minutes of the episode. Ridiculous.
I give the series 7/10 just for keeping me amused this long.
Sep 27, 2009 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
That was a sad ending. I didn't quite like the ending with all the characters dieing...I guess thats one way to make sure there is no season 2 with the same characters if everyone dies...But in general, the episode was good. Finally got some good action. But again, everyone dies. Thats just a sad and twisted way to end things. Reminds me of Elfen Lied, she goes through so much pain, and in the end she croaks.
Sep 27, 2009 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
...I'm still trying to take in what the hell just happened. I just know I definitely want to read the visual novel now.
Sep 27, 2009 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
tsubasalover said:

Weird names for the new phantoms... I cannot get what he said.

That was german, like the name of Ein [Elen] and Zwei [Reji], it was Sechs [Six] and Sieben [Seven] ;D

1. I want make clear that I am absolut not the one who always wants an Happy End, definatelly not! But in the Anime i wished somehow to be an uber unrealistic Happy End with Elen and Cal .... dont pick on that any further i know it wasnt possible xD

At first I thought at least Elen and Reji will get an Happy End, but i had that fuckin feeling that in the end Elen would be killed, call it Intuition, obviously or even steretyp it doesnt matter I knew there woulndt be an Happy End but that Reji gets killed caught me off guard didnt expect that to happen and I really snapped! I really loved the episode till the end but now I hate it! q.q Elen alone to live or dieing too because she "got everything she wanted" I am so damn dissapointed :(

But still the Anime was way over average, 9,0 [9,4]/10 for Sound, Animation, Story [9,4 would have been with the Happy End xD]

Loved the Series :)
Sep 27, 2009 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
knockngoc said:
That was a sad ending. I didn't quite like the ending with all the characters dieing...I guess thats one way to make sure there is no season 2 with the same characters if everyone dies...But in general, the episode was good. Finally got some good action. But again, everyone dies. Thats just a sad and twisted way to end things. Reminds me of Elfen Lied, she goes through so much pain, and in the end she croaks.

So you just want assassins to be alive for eternity stealing other people's life? The ending was fine. Use common sense, assassins take thousands of other people's life and they don't deserved to be punished?

As much as I hate to see them die (I like both Reiji/Elen/Cal) but use your common knowledge. They are assassins.
Sep 27, 2009 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
Unexpected ending. i never thought for second that Reiji was going to die... i guess this is a way to atone for your sins Reiji. i was going to give this a 7 but since it had 25 and half great episodes, i will give it a 8/10. still i am surprised by the ending... but everything was going to well in the ending... but still, damn damn DAMN!!!

Sep 27, 2009 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
KingDeadKira said:
Unexpected ending. i never thought for second that Reiji was going to die... i guess this is a way to atone for your sins Reiji. i was going to give this a 7 but since it had 25 and half great episodes, i will give it a 8/10. still i am surprised by the ending... but everything was going to well in the ending... but still, damn damn DAMN!!!

I;m actually surprised Elen didn't die with him because the show is called Requiem for the Phantom.
Sep 27, 2009 3:22 PM
Dec 2007
Huh, is the score for the series right? 8.35? It's a joke isn't it? It doesn't deserve a score of 7.35 even, how can a majority of people rate it 8 or above? It simply defies all logic for me.

The direction, which was solid and creative in the beginning became increasingly slower, weaker and conventional, just like the animation became inconsistent, the script was full of holes and badly executed after the first part (near episode 10), and overall, most of the characters have been under-developped and under-used (Claudia, Cal and Ein for example). Honestly, everything after the first part of the anime has been a huge pain to watch, especially the very last arc in Japan. And even then, the last two episodes were all but satisfying, and most of the resolutions were bad (Cal's death, Scythe Master and the new Phantoms' battle etc...) if you except the final scene which was interesting and fitting enough.

It clearly doesn't deserve more than a 7, since it's one of the weakest Koichi Mashimo/Bee Train I have seen these last few years (Tsubasa Chronicle and even Blade of the Immortal were better, and I would tie it with .hack//Roots and Avenger). So it's just logical that I'm rating it 6/10, mainly for the few good episodes of the show before the first time-skip.

Airitoizzy said:
Soo Elen is Alive O_o

Of course the probabilities that she's alive are extremely high, which part of the episode made you think she isnt'? In the ending scene, absolutely nothing suggests she dies, she just lies in a bed of flowers since she's happy that she's in her home country for the first time in 5 years and that everything ended well, nothing more. She's got no weapon, no lethal tool, nothing to commit suicide, and judging on the scene, she probably doesn't even know until after the ending that Reiji has been killed. Another fact is that there is but one bullet shell on the ground, so the assassin didn't shoot her. Seriously, how can you deduce that she's dead? If you look properly at the facts and analyze what's on the screen, you should know that (and that this serie is average at most, you don't really have to conjecture or deduce anything to know that :)).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2009 3:22 PM

Sep 2007
Totally ARG!!

And there was this whole thing going on with Reiji and what's-her-name....when she was like "have a safe trip"

But I have to say....Reiji seems to have gotten so weak =...he got so wounded and everything when he only went up against two of scythe masters "new creations" while Elen was perfectly fine after taking out that whole mob AND taking out the two guarding Scythe Master....Ugh...
....=\ I'm just kinda bummed
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 27, 2009 3:27 PM

Oct 2008
ragnaroks said:
knockngoc said:

So you just want assassins to be alive for eternity stealing other people's life? The ending was fine. Use common sense, assassins take thousands of other people's life and they don't deserved to be punished?

As much as I hate to see them die (I like both Reiji/Elen/Cal) but use your common knowledge. They are assassins.

Except they were brainwashed and for the most part had their memories erased. Not to mention they would have been killed if they didn't follow orders. The vast majority of people they killed also weren't exactly saints with probably only one obvious situation where there is an exception in the series. Obviously that doesn't get them totally off the hook, but they were put in a situation beyond their control due to tragic circumstances.

Anyway, i wish i hadn't watched the last 15 seconds to see them killed. I kind of feared it was going to happen though. It is so cliche and overdone to end shows like that, especially when they have anything to do with assassins. Viewer thinks the main characters won the day against all odds and a really hateable enemy and now they will live together happily ever after, but then, nope they are dead! Not to mention you would think he would have been able to sense and dodge it. They just got done defeating the best assassins created by the genius of the field and then he is killed by some old man riding by on a horse? Anti-clamatic at best. If they were going to kill them off, i would have rather seen them fighting like 30 of those assassins and then die together killing scythe master in an epic scene.

Jacut: I also agreed that the show started to grind out after the first arc and even in the start of the third arc. I did like the end arc quite a bit though.
MurbellaSep 27, 2009 3:31 PM
Sep 27, 2009 3:45 PM
Mar 2008
wtf...
Seriously, wtf?
Sep 27, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2007
Falatorx said:

Except they were brainwashed and for the most part had their memories erased. Not to mention they would have been killed if they didn't follow orders. The vast majority of people they killed also weren't exactly saints with probably only one obvious situation where there is an exception in the series. Obviously that doesn't get them totally off the hook, but they were put in a situation beyond their control due to tragic circumstances.

That's how things are once you enter the underworld. It's true that they got kinda forced into it but to escape such a big underworld organisation is nearly impossible. I would love to see all three being alive but it's just nearly impossible with these circumstances.

Falatorx said:
Anyway, i wish i hadn't watched the last 15 seconds to see them killed. I kind of feared it was going to happen though. It is so cliche and overdone to end shows like that, especially when they have anything to do with assassins. Viewer thinks the main characters won the day against all odds and a really hateable enemy and now they will live together happily ever after, but then, nope they are dead! Not to mention you would think he would have been able to sense and dodge it. They just got done defeating the best assassins created by the genius of the field and then he is killed by some old man riding by on a horse? Anti-clamatic at best. If they were going to kill them off, i would have rather seen them fighting like 30 of those assassins and then die together killing scythe master in an epic scene.

I agree toally with you. The last few minutes of the anime was too sudden and how they died was kinda lame. Just another reason to show there won't be season 2.
Sep 27, 2009 3:47 PM

Apr 2009
o_o

That was the most depressing thing ive seen in a long time.
Oh well it was enjoyable.

9/10
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cheesyhoboe - Apr 23, 2009

116 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.