MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom »» Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

382 53.28%
4 out of 5: Liked it

143 19.94%
3 out of 5: It was OK

70 9.76%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

50 6.97%
1 out of 5: Hated it

72 10.04%
Voters: 717

09-24-09, 10:51 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just watched episode 26...

09-24-09, 3:31 PM
News Team
Reiji changed his eyes to Zwei mode and begin attacking the new Phantoms!

That's what Scythe is hoping for? He, then, joins the fight, too and wears the mask. As Eren says, final battle has begun.

Reiji led Eren to go for Scythe and he is fighting the other phantoms.

Weird names for the new phantoms... I cannot get what he said.

Eren defeated her two new phantoms easily, but Zwei is having a hard time dealing with his two new phantoms. He still defeated one of them because of Cal's music clock.

Scythe says that Eren is unable to kill him because she only kills when ordered. Ein shed her tear and says she's able to kill him now. She did... and Scythe is creepy til the end.

After that, Reiji caught Eren, who was going to fall down. Eren finally cried out loud in Reiji's hug.

In the morning, many people found the church messy with polices. Mio, looking at two people's footprints, knew that Eren and Reiji were gone.

6 months has past. Reiji and Eren are in the bus on the way to the scenery Eren remembers. Eren sleeping on Reiji's shoulder while Reiji looking at Scythe's info. Apparently he's a scientist from Berlin. He's searching for Eren's past by searching for Scythe's info. It looks like Eren is from ... how to say... an organization for children who has no parents and home, in Hong Kong. The person who looks like the owner thinks that Eren looks familiar. Mongol is where Eren is from.

Reiji left Eren alone. Eren says nothing is important now except the name that Reiji gave her. Reiji is also thinking about Eren. Then a gunshot from behind... Reiji's DEAD!!!! NOOOOO!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

09-24-09, 3:40 PM

Bee TRAIN AWESOME JOB ^___^ IM SOOO HAPPY NOW
Not Cereluan but REQUIEM
Im pleased with the AOE
CAL Justice is Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-24-09, 3:50 PM

Sad, sad episode.

I just readied my AN-94.

09-24-09, 4:52 PM

sad sad sad sad episode
damit>_<!

09-24-09, 6:56 PM

LadyOrihime said:

Cal fans should be happy now! XD As well as people who wanted a AOE.

Thank you, dear LadyOrihime, you just made my day ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

09-24-09, 7:19 PM

RAW is out...in case anyone hasn't checked yet.

As much as I would like to believe in the whole "we didn't see a dead body" claims over at Animesuki, I know better. It's true that Reiji did surive the multiple gun-shot wounds in episode 10...but everyone and their mother knew that wasn't the end of him, because we had 16 episodes left. The finale is just so...final! LOL!

But I don't think anyone can say for sure if Elen was also killed.
For one thing, the "drive-by" shooter shot off one bullet and kept on rolling by. Afer Reiji goes down, Elen actually turns around, is "looking into the camera", and gives a little smile and a little giggle before she fades away...it was kinda creepy! XD We then see her laying in the grass, looking up at the sky and smiling. Followed by a close-up of flower she was looking at earlier, now with a missing petal, and then a single shell casing, which could have very well been a part of the bullet that got Reiji.

So to summarize: one shot, one person goes down, one shell casing *shrug*
Modified by LadyOrihime, 09-24-09, 7:25 PM

09-24-09, 7:47 PM

The ending felt incomplete, yet I know it's the ending.

09-24-09, 10:19 PM

Excellent ending.. couldn't hope for more out of the show. Most people are mad about Reiji dying however the show is called Requiem for the phantom. Wouldn't be surprised is Eren is actually dead too then there wouldn't be any phantoms left.

09-25-09, 4:21 AM

LadyOrihime said:
RAW is out...in case anyone hasn't checked yet.

As much as I would like to believe in the whole "we didn't see a dead body" claims over at Animesuki, I know better. It's true that Reiji did surive the multiple gun-shot wounds in episode 10...but everyone and their mother knew that wasn't the end of him, because we had 16 episodes left. The finale is just so...final! LOL!

But I don't think anyone can say for sure if Elen was also killed.
For one thing, the "drive-by" shooter shot off one bullet and kept on rolling by. Afer Reiji goes down, Elen actually turns around, is "looking into the camera", and gives a little smile and a little giggle before she fades away...it was kinda creepy! XD We then see her laying in the grass, looking up at the sky and smiling. Followed by a close-up of flower she was looking at earlier, now with a missing petal, and then a single shell casing, which could have very well been a part of the bullet that got Reiji.

So to summarize: one shot, one person goes down, one shell casing *shrug*

Sorry but Elen is dead.

You forgot to mention that when Reiji fell over dead is also when Elen finally got up from doing whatever she was doing with the flower. She was starring at it for way to long to simply be admiring it. The only reason Elen wouldn't be upset at seeing Reiji dead is if she knew she were dying too. I really, really doubt that they would point out the missing petal if it weren't significant. Even more significant was that the missing petal was shown right after the close-up of her lifeless face and right before showing the shell of the bullet which killed Reiji. I don't know a whole lot about botany but that flower also looks suspicously like it could be in the nightshade family. I do know that they generally have five petals and are purple.

I think that even if it's not even referenced in the subs it's fairly obvious that Elen did indeed commit suicide by flower.

I actually really like this ending even though it's depressing because it fits the mood of the show.

09-25-09, 4:52 AM

Cal fans should be happy now! XD As well as people who wanted a AOE.

Happy about Cal's death being even more meaningless?

In any case, as trollish as the ending might be, it is more complete then the True Cerulean ending in VN was. Since we never got a confirmation or even a hint that they managed to run away from Inferno, I was irritated. In anime, I guess there won't be such problems.

And so in the end, Cal's words from the "Cherry Blossoms Avenue" ending rang true.

09-25-09, 6:02 AM

Fuck....

09-25-09, 7:03 AM

I have mixed feelings >.< on the one hand i like bad endings, also i think that this ending fits this anime more than a happy ending but on the other hand i am little depressed that there was no happy ending for the two =(
well have to wait for the sub version
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

09-25-09, 12:53 PM

WTF.. the way it ended wasnt too my liking.. he died? wtf man.. so dam fucking sad

09-25-09, 1:23 PM

Nayrael said:

There are some Cal fans that are happy he was killed because he killed Cal.

-------

People, please stop confusing me saying she DIDN'T DIE. I said she didn't die on screen. Big difference.

DrHouse said:

Sorry but Elen is dead.

You forgot to mention that when Reiji fell over dead is also when Elen finally got up from doing whatever she was doing with the flower. She was starring at it for way to long to simply be admiring it. The only reason Elen wouldn't be upset at seeing Reiji dead is if she knew she were dying too. I really, really doubt that they would point out the missing petal if it weren't significant. Even more significant was that the missing petal was shown right after the close-up of her lifeless face and right before showing the shell of the bullet which killed Reiji. I don't know a whole lot about botany but that flower also looks suspicously like it could be in the nightshade family. I do know that they generally have five petals and are purple.

I think that even if it's not even referenced in the subs it's fairly obvious that Elen did indeed commit suicide by flower.

I actually really like this ending even though it's depressing because it fits the mood of the show.

A petal of a nightshade doesn't kill. The most toxic part of it is the root. Nightshade can even be used for medicinal purposes (such as a seditive). Nightshade is found in a few foods (tomatoes, potato', sweet and hot peppers, etc.), And the flowers she was looking at don't look anything like nightshade. They look more like a Corn-Cockles, or even pansies.
And nightshade wouldn't have killed her that fast...No single petal of a flower would have killed her that fast.

So, sorry, your theory just doesn't fly with me. Along with the flower not being nightshade, Elen would have had to known Reiji was going to be killed at that moment. Her scene goes from looking at the flower, to looking up at the sky before we see Reiji go down. We see her get up, look into the camera, smile and giggle.

Her face didn't look lifeless to me. The "spark" in her eyes didn't go out, as Cal's did, or any other character's had. She was smiling and looking up at the sky. People do that when they tan outside, and people do lay in the grass and day dreaming, looking at the sky. They breath, of course, but I rarely see an anime, or ANY cartoon, where they actually show a character breathing, with their chest going up and down.

09-25-09, 1:43 PM

LadyOrihime said:
People, please stop confusing me saying she DIDN'T DIE. I said she didn't die on screen. Big difference.

Not that big of a difference, what matters either way is that she bite the dust and reach "GAME OVER!!!" or a random "RROD". It's like in ancient time when a prisoner is given 3 choices to die: Either by watching K-On, or by watching Junjou Romantica, or by watching some random H... <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

09-25-09, 2:50 PM

Whatever elen fans let's just face it
She died=/ Reiji died cal died.
GAY ENDING

09-25-09, 3:04 PM

You can infer, but it will never be proven. End of discussion.

09-25-09, 3:14 PM

LadyOrihime said:
Nayrael said:

There are some Cal fans that are happy he was killed because he killed Cal.

-------

DrHouse said:

Sorry but Elen is dead.

A petal of a nightshade doesn't kill. The most toxic part of it is the root. Nightshade can even be used for medicinal purposes (such as a seditive). Nightshade is found in a few foods (tomatoes, potato', sweet and hot peppers, etc.), And the flowers she was looking at don't look anything like nightshade. They look more like a Corn-Cockles, or even pansies.
And nightshade wouldn't have killed her that fast...No single petal of a flower would have killed her that fast.

So, sorry, your theory just doesn't fly with me. Along with the flower not being nightshade, Elen would have had to known Reiji was going to be killed at that moment. Her scene goes from looking at the flower, to looking up at the sky before we see Reiji go down. We see her get up, look into the camera, smile and giggle.

Her face didn't look lifeless to me. The "spark" in her eyes didn't go out, as Cal's did, or any other character's had. She was smiling and looking up at the sky. People do that when they tan outside, and people do lay in the grass and day dreaming, looking at the sky. They breath, of course, but I rarely see an anime, or ANY cartoon, where they actually show a character breathing, with their chest going up and down.

Well either way, she's dead rite? And well i doubt Beetrain is going to make an OVA to explain it, because they are gay that way.
So we won't have proof if either both of them died or survived, or whatever.
But i guess this is the end of phantom, though before this Phantom : The animation was made< it sucked +_+. I really hope maybe later in the future they'll make an anime that is similar to phantom=[

09-25-09, 3:26 PM

LadyOrihime said:

This is an anime where people can dogde bullets by running really fast every time and where two people who get shot in the chest and land in the water somehow both survive without drowning or bleeding out despite never recieving medical attention of any kind. There's also no such thing as an "amnesia drug" that could have been used on Zwei to make him forget his entire past life which would not have caused severe brain damage. My point was that it has a passing resembalence to a fairly well known deadly flowering plant so most people like me who know nothing to very little about botany or poison are going to be willing to believe that eating any part of that plant could kill you. I think that in the case where, in order to be realistic, Elen would have to pull ten flowers out of the ground, stuff them in her mouth, and then wait half an hour to die there is some justification for taking a little artistic license. Sorry, but factual arguments rarely apply to anime.

I think we are supposed to at least assume that it was Elen who plucked the petal since we saw it was whole when she went down to look at it and it's missing a petal after she had been offscreen for a few seconds. None of the other flowers are missing petals. Elen has never been impulsively destructive so obviously there must have been some reason she wanted to do that. Maybe when the subs come out they will reveal something Elen thought would be symbolic about a four-petaled flower. I doubt it, though.

LadyOrihime said:

I'm not sure Elen commited suicide because Reiji died. I think her reason will be revealed once the subs come out. Although she probably could hear the silenced gunshot since she's a phantom and that was before she said her last little bit while staring at the flower. Maybe she was just tired of running or maybe she wanted to get rid of the Reiji's last connections to his past as an assassin so he could go back to Mio. Obviously something must be up because Elen's reaction to seeing Reiji get killed was weird even for her and they were standing in that field for hours because the sun was setting when Reiji died.

What's up with the "The End" picture after the credits? Who's hand is casting the shadow over Zwei's gun?
Modified by DrHouse, 09-25-09, 3:45 PM

Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices