Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2014 10:27 AM
Mar 2013
Hey guys,
Since the manga ended last year and it was well good kind of i been thinking do you think this manga needs an anime series i mean completed manga's will surely be adapted into an anime series just look at monster for example, Jojo's bizarre adventure (though it focuses on its famous arcs only) ,cyborg 009, area 88 and ring ni kakeru (almost)
May 23, 2014 12:42 PM
Feb 2011
johnknight648 said:
Hey guys,
Since the manga ended last year and it was well good kind of i been thinking do you think this manga needs an anime series i mean completed manga's will surely be adapted into an anime series just look at monster for example, Jojo's bizarre adventure (though it focuses on its famous arcs only) ,cyborg 009, area 88 and ring ni kakeru (almost)

1) This Manga was cancelled. Cancelled Manga usually do not get animated.
2) Completed Manga usually do not get an Anime. The reason is simple. Money. If you do an Anime you try to get the most money out of the franchise. While a Manga is ongoing it has merchandise and other stuff going. When you do an Anime you try to create hype and sell more copies, more merchandise and other stuff. Finished Manga usually do not have much buzz and therefore no merchandise and other stuff so studios do not even think of animating a finished series. There are exceptions but not many.
3) Most manga do not get Animated. Only like 5% of Manga get an Anime adaption.

To answer your question. The likelihood of an Anime adaption is near 0. The only chance and I mean only chance is if the author does something else which becomes insanely and I mean insanely popular. Then and only then they might THINK of adapting it.
May 23, 2014 7:18 PM
Mar 2013
Josl said:
johnknight648 said:
Hey guys,

1) This Manga was cancelled. Cancelled Manga usually do not get animated.
2) Completed Manga usually do not get an Anime. The reason is simple. Money. If you do an Anime you try to get the most money out of the franchise. While a Manga is ongoing it has merchandise and other stuff going. When you do an Anime you try to create hype and sell more copies, more merchandise and other stuff. Finished Manga usually do not have much buzz and therefore no merchandise and other stuff so studios do not even think of animating a finished series. There are exceptions but not many.
3) Most manga do not get Animated. Only like 5% of Manga get an Anime adaption.

To answer your question. The likelihood of an Anime adaption is near 0. The only chance and I mean only chance is if the author does something else which becomes insanely and I mean insanely popular. Then and only then they might THINK of adapting it.

That’s the problem with current manga/light novel to anime adaptations these days they prefer current popular and still running manga’s/light novels than ones who are still favorite after their stories are completed or cult ones which are completed .

Most manga which are still favorite still get adapted into anime like area 88,ring ni kakero,cyborg 009 and jojo’s bizarre adventure.

Manga’s which are slice of life or ones that are still running for 100 volumes we can deal with that. however despite that the ST&RS manga may be completed or cancelled it looks nice even though it has the usual shonen jump elements thing . It should been made into an anime series because we liked it whether it is hugely popular or not.

Besides novels which are completed are usually adapted into many media. Plus the now ended Bakuman manga and anime gets adapted into a live action film.
johnknight648May 24, 2014 9:04 AM
May 24, 2014 9:55 AM
Feb 2011
johnknight648 said:

That’s the problem with current manga/light novel to anime adaptations these days they prefer current popular and still running manga’s/light novels than ones who are still favorite after their stories are completed or cult ones which are completed .

I too would prefer more Anime who actually finish their story but this is simple not going to happen. Anime these days are nothing than expensive Ads to promote other revenue channels (at least for daytime shows). This is why most Anime never adapt its source material completely

johnknight648 said:

It should been made into an anime series because we liked it whether it is hugely popular or not.

I think you are trying to say.” I wish it would get an Anime because I liked it” right?
Because everything else doesn’t make much sense. Why should it get an Anime just because a few people on the Internet who read it for free liked it? It failed to attract enough attention to stay serialized and got cancelled. Why should a studio burn its money on it if they can’t make money with it?
May 24, 2014 8:47 PM
Mar 2013
Josl said:
johnknight648 said:

I too would prefer more Anime who actually finish their story but this is simple not going to happen. Anime these days are nothing than expensive Ads to promote other revenue channels (at least for daytime shows). This is why most Anime never adapt its source material completely

Yeah no kidding, if there is some honest anime studios that prefer to adapt the manga in to any anime series that should be faithfully to its original source story when its finished rather than money then it would have been great ,I mean Madhouse that adapts the completed monster manga by naoki urasawa and it was faithful to its original source.

johnknight648 said:

It should been made into an anime series because we liked it whether it is hugely popular or not.
I think you are trying to say.” I wish it would get an Anime because I liked it” right?
Because everything else doesn’t make much sense. Why should it get an Anime just because a few people on the Internet who read it for free liked it? It failed to attract enough attention to stay serialized and got cancelled. Why should a studio burn its money on it if they can’t make money with it?

Yeah you do have a point with it, Anime studios would prefer mangas which are still running and still popular which are attracted by too many people so they can change it into an anime, But you know what if some manga’s which are completed like ST&RS for example turn into a cult hit then maybe it should have been adapted into an anime series I mean look at Black cat , Basilisk and busou renkin their manga is ended but their anime is made after their manga material is ended possibly it is because the mangas are considered a cult hit .
And did you know initial D is considered not only considered as a cult manga but a cult anime when it was on its final season but reduced as Online VOD with less promotional material probably due to its popular video game franchise.
johnknight648May 25, 2014 12:14 AM
May 31, 2014 10:30 AM
Mar 2013
And i forgot one thing if there is a manga author who decided to make his own anime based on his own manga which is still popular after it ended then he should have made his perfect anime based on his own popular manga he made rather than giving it to some anime studio to do that and end in abrupt halt or let it air while the author is making stories in his manga which its anime is based on is still running based on its previous chapters.
Oct 20, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2012
Does it need an anime? No. Would I love for it to have one? Yes.
Oct 21, 2014 7:44 AM
Mar 2013
Sol_Ou said:
Does it need an anime? No. Would I love for it to have one? Yes.

Uh yeah kind of and if it turns into a cult hit maybe it will turn into a anime series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ST&RS Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2013

5 by Mayuka »»
Sep 5, 2019 1:36 AM

» How many episodes if ST&RS is adapted into a anime series

johnknight648 - Aug 19, 2014

2 by johnknight648 »»
Oct 21, 2014 7:39 AM

Poll: » St&RS Chapter 1 Discussion

sayami - Jul 21, 2011

6 by Sol_Ou »»
Aug 17, 2014 4:19 PM

» St&rs Chapter 39.5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Jan 1, 2014 10:07 AM

Poll: » ST&RS Chapter 38 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 28, 2013 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.