Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuzuki's got some competition now...damn.

Actually probably not since Kazuki shot that other girl down. On another note, this episode felt awkward. Yuzuki and Kazuki in the same bedroom. YUZUKI CORRUPTED.
May 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is getting pretty creepy. Overall the episode was ok i guess.
May 22, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
The GIRL become the LRIG?
And the LRIG become the GIRL?

As I said before:

dmrch said:
In the OP, every pairs of the selectors and the lrigs are shown as the existence of the two sides of the same coin. They are separated into the reality and the inside of mirrors. But I wonder why only Yuzuki is shown in the mirror and not in the reality, when faces of Yuzuki and Hanayo are taken a close-up.

Did the OP show the future of Yuzuki in advance?

Oh ... this is ... extremely dark ...
May 22, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
That was one messed up end. So basically you're screwed as soon as you are a Selector ? I mean you loose your wish / your wish becomes "tainted" if you loose 3 battles and if you do win enough to become an "Eternal Girl" it seems like you'll just end up being replaced by your LRIG...

Anyways I'm starting to like this anime more. Glad I didn't loose interest in it before this episode ^_^
May 22, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2013
Was that Yuzuki at the end there? It made it seem like Hanayo and Yuzuki probably switched places.
May 22, 2014 12:39 PM
Jan 2013
The ride never ends.
May 22, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
Wow this episode was so good I have no words. So many amazing things in one episode. That directing.

I don't even feel complaining about the supposed disfigured face of akilucky.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 22, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
So becoming an eternal girl makes you turn into a LRIG by switching places with it....

Being a Selector sucks... its a lose lose situation. This show just keeps getting better and better!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 22, 2014 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
1. u know what, just F the battles. They're boring. But the psychological aspect of this show is at the level of madoka magica or greater

2. Even as an anime character, Akira officially scares the very being of me.

3. R u kidding me? Yuzuki's wish made hanayo & her switch places…hanayo lied to her…just wtf…

4. This ep got me shaking. Best ep of this series. This anime is totally underrated & deserves a better ranking than #3125

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 22, 2014 12:50 PM
Feb 2008
billybob300c said:
1. u know what, just F the battles. They're boring. But the psychological aspect of this show is at the level of madoka magica or greater

2. Even as an anime character, Akira officially scares the very being of me.

3. R u kidding me? Yuzuki's wish made hanayo & her switch places…hanayo lied to her…just wtf…

4. This ep got me shaking. Best ep of this series. This anime is totally underrated & deserves a better ranking than #3125

10/10

Totally agree with you! This show started out as somewhat boring but it's really amazing how this show changed so much.
May 22, 2014 1:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Holy fuck, I knew there was a reason why the LRIGs were hiding something but still wanted their owners to compete with other selectors. Wow that's so terrible...it means that the whole time they were misled to believe that their wishes will come true? Or the meaning of Eternal Girl was never clear. Really sucks. And of all the people, Yuzuki is Hitoe's new LRIG. I guess I never thought that you can become a selector again after not being a selector anymore. And nice one, dmrch, I didn't notice that LRIG = GIRL, that's clever. This anime is definitely getting better, or at least more interesting. But still, there are some things that could be done better, such as the stupidity of many characters (Akira, that girl who has a crush on Kazuki...)

Lastly...no Kazuki, please realize that that is not your twin Yuzuki. If he doesn't realize this, I would be incredibly disappointed in him. And I must reiterate that this is a messed up game. One mystery is solved, but I'm still wondering about Ruuko's dream. There's more to uncover regarding this game.
May 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
Fuck tat policeman, such a cock blocker. Just had to do his job correctly >3> That slap was fantastic tho.

Okay, so my hunch was right. Its a cycle, but why? Dammit, I have to stick around to find out ;|
TyrelMay 23, 2014 1:35 PM
May 22, 2014 1:22 PM
Dec 2012
Haha i knew this was going to happen! As I said the Lrigs are the captured souls of the selectors/eternal girls. Very good episode
May 22, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
So all of the LRIGs are all former humans, or better yet, Selectors? Thats messed up. As people have already said, becoming a Selector is a lose-lose situation. You win = you become a LRIG, and if you lose = your wish becomes tainted. Wow. I wonder what the explanation is. But damn, this show has certainly gotten a whole lot better since the start. I'm excited for next week!
May 22, 2014 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
Well the Lrig/Girl thing now makes sens. Something fishy was expected, now we have our answer.
Is hanayo the one playing with Kazuki ?
May 22, 2014 1:31 PM
Apr 2013
Glad this series has improved and is actually pretty good now. So you can be a selector for an indefinite amount of times it seems as long as you get a new LRIG. And Hitoe got a Yuzuki LRIG which is really interesting. We have also seen the first Eternal Girl and we have her incest side loud and proud now. Curious to see were the show will go with the Hitoe and her new LRIG and what it exactly means to become an Eternal girl. I guess that is Yazuki's despair in the LRIG maybe that she faced in her old life?
I love Hitoe's mom though, she actually cares for her daughter unlike most parents in these type of stories

Edit: After reading though the other post it probably makes a lot more sense that they just switched place and not the removal of despair like I though. Just imagine Tama in the real world, she would just beat people up XD
ponygon123May 22, 2014 1:35 PM
May 22, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
DGemu said:
That slap was fantastic tho.

Really? I mean, I kinda enjoyed it because Ruko is irritating but it also felt... meh. And "why". Not needed THAT much.

The first part of episode was typical forced drama Wixoss fare BUT THOSE REVEALS. I like them very much (fake!incest scene still made me cringe, even if it's fake - most probably). Go, go, Hitoe, onward with your roaring rampage of revenge.
May 22, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
tingy said:
it means that the whole time they were misled to believe that their wishes will come true? Or the meaning of Eternal Girl was never clear.

I watch the show in raw and my impression about the term "Eternal girl" is the following:

Mugen-Shoujo (Eternal Girl): Mugen has several kanji letters and their each meanings. And in ordinary sense for the native speakers, the sound of Mugen-Shoujo gives to me the impression that the girl is forced to do something again and again, forever...

Negai wo Kanaeru Jibun ni Naru: As for the explanation about Mugen-Shoujo, speaking strictly, it doesn't mean that the girl will have her wish granted in JP language. It means that the girl will become herself who can have the wish granted ... or ...it means someone will become her(self) who can have the wish granted. The explanation has no subject word.
May 22, 2014 1:35 PM
May 2014
Ouch, what an episode.. I guess it's kind of lucky Ru loves battles because unless she lose that's where she's going to end up, at least for a while.
One way out of the cycle is to lose, but I wonder if there's a way out of it without actually losing?

The girl fighting in the pre-op of first episode can actually be Ru now but it probably isn't, although the shape of the ornament is similar. But the voice seems to be Tama's.

Just wondering, how would it reverse a wish for battles (forever?)?
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 22, 2014 1:37 PM
Mar 2012
God damn it. Even Kyubey is better than this. At least he didn't become jackass when granting wish.

Incest between twins, it called sex or masturbating?
May 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
That ending wasn't really surprising since the Yuzuki that Kazuki returned to wasn't Yuzuki but obviously Hanayo sa.
I somehow thought things would turn up badly or at least contradicting if the which was granted.
The question is are all the girls that turned into LIRG's victims or where some of them LIRG's to begin with.

And seeing as Yuzuki appeared before Hitoe does this mean the wishes can be undone?
May 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
I'm still getting chills. That's just brutal.. I understand LRIG's Lie because they want to be human again that is just really really sad :( I hope they find out who is behind all of this and behead him!
May 22, 2014 1:49 PM
Jan 2014
Pretty predictable from early on however we don't know the full effects yet. Did the LRIG and selector switch places? Does the selector now lrig lose their memories? Are the current lrigs previous selectors who decieve the current selectors fully knowing that they will take over them or are they unaware of it? I think they are aware since they're aware of the 3 losses rule after all so why wouldn't they know the truth about becoming an eternal girl?
Deception through and through, disguisting.
May 22, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
-3- .....well.... okay...
May 22, 2014 1:51 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm see now I wonder about tama since all she wants to do is battle. I wonder if she even knows what will happen if you become an eternal girl?
May 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode. Looking forward to the revelation behind the Selectors' and the Eternal Girls' existence. 5/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 22, 2014 1:52 PM
Mar 2012
Kafuri said:
I'm still getting chills. That's just brutal.. I understand LRIG's Lie because they want to be human again that is just really really sad :( I hope they find out who is behind all of this and behead him!

They aren't lie actually. Selector will become eternal girl that can grant any wish. Doesn't matter whose wish they granting.
May 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
http://i.imgur.com/dVlg2lg.jpg

I just leave this here.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 22, 2014 2:00 PM
Nov 2010
Orsonius said:
http://i.imgur.com/dVlg2lg.jpg

I just leave this here.

Well... I busted out laughing to that
May 22, 2014 2:08 PM
May 2014
Silvertongue00 said:
They aren't lie actually. Selector will become eternal girl that can grant any wish. Doesn't matter whose wish they granting.

Yup, there's the loophole. I said it the wording of the explanation was a bit strange here
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 22, 2014 2:09 PM

Mar 2011
Wait. What? How so you become an LIRG if you become an eternal girl?
And the irl Yuzuki didn't seem right.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
May 22, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
The cruelty of this anime reaches Madoka level. What the fuck is actually going on.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
May 22, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
Well damn, this was surprising. Yuzuki and Hanayo seem to have traded places and now Hanayo is living Yuzuki's dream.
Can't wait for next episode. Seems Hitoe also can now participate again.
May 22, 2014 2:15 PM

Aug 2012
awwwww poor yuzuki! she worked so hard and she doesn't even get to be with kazuki
so sad
May 22, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, this episode was yet again pretty great, about everything in this anime is well done. I think the characters are good so far, they are all fleshed out but none of them is someone I'd call a favorite of mine or particularly likeable to be honest. Even though WIXOSS seems to have "copied" some stuff from the already mentioned Madoka Magica (my favorite anime) it handles some of the themes much better than Madoka; the characters for example.

And what I especially adore about this anime is the incest - but not in the way you think. It's because WIXOSS is one of the very few anime which really deal with this taboo and touchy topic on a mature level (well, as mature as it can be in an anime about goofy lolis playing with magical cards). I mean I watch 8 different shows this season and there is some kind of hinted or direct incest 4 of them; firstly in WIXOSS, then in No Game No Life (with the kiss and other stuff; but of course they are not blood related; wink, wink). Then we have Chaika; they're not blood-related as well but that doesn't change the fact that the main characters name each other brother and sister and Akari wants Tooru's meat badly. And last but not least Mahouka which has to be one of the most disgusting cases of incest in anime I've seen thus far. They not even try to cover and it up and want people to get hot over it, absolutely cringeworthy and it makes me want to vomit.

Yet again it's proven - Selector Infected WIXOSS is number 1 on my list of this season and I don't think this will change within the next four episodes. Heck, they even announced a 2nd season already which means more possible character interactions and development (if they stick with the same cast) and a more fleshed out universe. I'm sold!

I still want to know what Ruuko's nightmare in episode 1 was about. Was it just symbolic or some kind of prophecy or foreshadowing?

Also: I'm still waiting for the grandma to die and reviving her being Ruuko's motivation to play WIXOSS again. That would really hit home deeply because I recently lost my grandmother.

Anyway; I think WIXOSS is a great show so far and I think it's sad that this anime isn't really popular, it deserves to be aknowledged, even though some people will find it hard to take it seriously. They prefer shitty incest, dumb action, wish fulfillment, fan service and harems like Mahouka, Black Bullet or No Game No Life.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 22, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
Chepri said:
The cruelty of this anime reaches Madoka level. What the fuck is actually going on.

for me it's already pass madoka
bye bye madoka
welcome Selector Infected WIXOSS to my favorite list
May 22, 2014 2:17 PM
Oct 2011
I am glad i stuck with this. Took awhile for it to get real serious.
May 22, 2014 2:18 PM
May 2014
-Kurisuta- said:
Well damn, this was surprising. Yuzuki and Hanayo seem to have traded places and now Hanayo is living Yuzuki's dream.
Can't wait for next episode. Seems Hitoe also can now participate again.

Yep, you lose then you're (apparently) out of the game, but you are free to re-join with (another) wish.

I guess that is the reason for the memory-wipe I seem to remember they told about, but I don't really get
why Akira still remember the selector thing (unless it was part of the punishment).
-- Lord fifth
May 22, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, it's getting better and darker as the episodes progress through. Damn that ending scene, Yuzuki is that you?

Akira lost it there in the beginning and pulling out the knife to kill those two.

So Yuzuki has granted her wished as the Eternal Girl and finally being alone with her brother. Ruko felt the despair inside of her after losing Yuzuki, and blaming herself for Akira's scarred face.

So if you win your wish, does that mean there is another alter ego of yourself that transform into a LRIG and forget everything? Just out of curiosity for this.

Damn what would Hitoe do at the end...

May 22, 2014 2:27 PM
Oct 2013
So, if Hitoe loses again, does that mean Yuzuki will die for good? Just like how Midoriko was taken from her card, like her soul departed, the same will happen to Yuzuki right if Hitoe loses again? That's quite creepy.
May 22, 2014 2:29 PM
Sep 2011
Well, I still have my doubts on this, but this episode was good. The psychological aspect, which is really heavy, finally starts to resonate with the show's premise. The scipt's dynamic starts to shine with the plot twists unfolding in an unexpected manner, even if they're not original. Finally, the show starts to surpass it's limits of a simple teen angst drama.

The show took a daring approach and if it manages to fullfil my expectations, it will be good and unforgettable. Let's see if it can make it come true.
May 22, 2014 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
oooh, twincest. Very kinky.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2014 2:33 PM
May 2014
omega_d94 said:
So Yuzuki has granted her wished as the Eternal Girl and finally being alone with her brother. Ruko felt the despair inside of her after losing Yuzuki, and blaming herself for Akira's scarred face.

So if you win your wish, does that mean there is another alter ego of yourself that transform into a LRIG and forget everything? Just out of curiosity for this.

Damn what would Hitoe do at the end...

Well, Yuzuki's body apparently got her wish, but Yuzuki herself became an lrig.

But Hanayo didn't lie. She said that "you'll become the person that can make the most outrageous
dreams and wishes come true" (iow, an lrig).
konatachan80May 22, 2014 2:36 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 22, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
Holy crap that plot twist.

Cannot wait for the next episode!!!

Also why does Akira's scar look like the Zeon Logo from afar.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
dark-chaos said:
Chepri said:

bye bye madoka
So you like these anime based on their cruelty? Pffft.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 22, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
konatachan80 said:
I guess that is the reason for the memory-wipe I seem to remember they told about, but I don't really get
why Akira still remember the selector thing (unless it was part of the punishment).

When Hitoe was defeated, Hanayo said,
1. At the very moment when you lose the third times, it will be decided that your wish will never be carried out.
2. And then, when the battle is completely over, your memory about it will be wiped out.

I'm wondering why she said like that. There is a bit gap of time about those two. Probably Akira was defeated by Iona and punished at this moment. But somehow she ran away from there before the battle completely ended? ... like a way of tearing the LRIG card? ... I'm not certain.
May 22, 2014 2:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It seems like Yuzuki's wish came true and her old self was turned into an LRIG and at the same time her body was split into two bodies. The Yuzuki we see with her brother is the one that wants her wish granted while the true Yuzuki is the LRIG that Hitoe saw. Idk but that LRIG acted exactly like the Yuzuki we knew, always serious and quiet.

Damn Aki-lucky is one true psycho, a cheap Yuno lol

Hitoe gets a 2nd chance as a selector. YES!!!!
Hold on but didn't Hanayo mention that after 3 losses it meant no more being selector?

May 22, 2014 2:53 PM
May 2014
SweetKotomi said:
Hold on but didn't Hanayo mention that after 3 losses it meant no more being selector?

Yes, you're apparently out of the game..but that also means that you're free to re-join with another wish (I assume it has to be different).
-- Lord fifth
May 22, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
Knight_Artorias said:
dark-chaos said:
Chepri said:

bye bye madoka
So you like these anime based on their cruelty? Pffft.

no but i like The psychological aspect and hmm i kinda like cruelty,tragic, sad, cuz this is the real world

anyway the main problem with this anime is characters not likeable like madoka , just if himora chan here will be perfect
May 22, 2014 3:03 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
konatachan80 said:
SweetKotomi said:

Yes, you're apparently out of the game..but that also means that you're free to re-join with another wish (I assume it has to be different).

That's a very cruel way of re-entering the game. Getting psychologically destroyed, possibly dieing, and I'm sure there would be a lot of people wishing to never play that game. I guess that's a hidden rule that Hanayo forgot to mention or didn't know.

I feel bad for the selector that died.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.