Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Another 15 paged Berserk chapter that we have to wait a month for. I hope Muira starts drawing more pages in the chapters.
The chapter itself wasn't all that exciting, just more about how powerful and godlike griffith is. I really want to see what progress guts has made to reach those elves.
May 25, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
The art was just spectacular (classic Miura) but this was definitely an uneventful chapter for sure. It wouldn't have been bad if we didn't have to wait over a month for just 15 pages. And now the end just says the manga will be "continuing in the summer". I'll still hold out a bit of hope but the inevitable hiatus is looming overhead for sure.
May 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
A short chapter for a one month wait, but considering how long I've waited before, this is definitely progress.

Interesting chapter, it seems we're just getting to know more about Griffith and his 'Kingdom' you could say. It's odd as we've built him up to be this incredibly evil bastard, but lately he has only shown his 'good' side. I'm curious what his true intentions are or how he will act once he accomplishes his goal. He is one of the God Hand after all.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 25, 2014 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
sullynathan said:
Another 15 paged Berserk chapter that we have to wait a month for. I hope Muira starts drawing more pages in the chapters.
The chapter itself wasn't all that exciting, just more about how powerful and godlike griffith is. I really want to see what progress guts has made to reach those elves.

And here I thought waiting a month for attack on titan with 45 pages was like hell.

Just a build up chapter. Patience people. Side note was berserk always a monthly manga?
May 25, 2014 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
I was kind of expecting a chapter to be this short. Anyway, I keep on my thought that the art is pretty gorgeous. I just resumed the manga today after a looooong time on hold-on so I'm happy. I want moar!

May 25, 2014 8:30 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
sullynathan said:

And here I thought waiting a month for attack on titan with 45 pages was like hell.

Just a build up chapter. Patience people. Side note was berserk always a monthly manga?

Difference is that we already have a time frame for when Attack on Titan will end and we also get 45 pages instead of 15.
May 25, 2014 9:13 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Short chapter but at least there was Griffith.
May 25, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
So basically Griffith is ruling Falconia as a god, the city looks impregnable and the people revere Griffith. Yeah.....looks like Guts is going to need a lot more than just Fairies to get his revenge.

2 Chapters and back on break till summer, which can mean anywhere from June-September. Heh I am disappoint Miura, after a year long hiatus we get barely any plot development. The art in the panels was amazing, but at this point I would sacrifice the art quality a little for some faster pacing.
May 25, 2014 10:25 PM
Apr 2011
Griffith the god and his sperm soul summons. Inserting a bit of afterlife philosophy in there was neat but overall...a slow slow chapter.

Anyway...til next time! o/
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 26, 2014 1:05 AM

May 2009
I would like to know how's it going on the boat.
May 26, 2014 3:53 AM

Sep 2013
I really want to see what will happen to Guts and Casca.
Lets hope he meant summer this year.
May 26, 2014 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
You gotta love all the new and probably underage users who complain about the pace "after a year". Patience is a virtue... especially since we got a complete series in that one year hiatus, which some seem to have forgotten.

Oh well, I still hope Rickert is a bit more critical than shown here so far. He is a smart little fella and knows the trith about the Eclipse, so I expect an interesting conversation with Griffith next time.

bassa_x said:
LOL the art is godlike but it was so boring, i prefer something to happen in this manga

It was slow, but seriously: We got a lot of worldbuilding here.
Then again, if you are one of the (sadly) many simpleminded fans who only read Berserk for the violence I assume you would be bored by all of this.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 26, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
You gotta love all the new and probably underage users who complain about the pace "after a year". Patience is a virtue... especially since we got a complete series in that one year hiatus, which some seem to have forgotten.

Oh well, I still hope Rickert is a bit more critical than shown here so far. He is a smart little fella and knows the trith about the Eclipse, so I expect an interesting conversation with Griffith next time.

bassa_x said:
LOL the art is godlike but it was so boring, i prefer something to happen in this manga

Then again, if you are one of the (sadly) many simpleminded fans who only read Berserk for the violence I assume you would be bored by all of this.

Lol what a fan tard.

Patience is a virtue? you must be joking. that shitty short series he did is irrelevant. fans of berserk want berserk DUH.

i'm pretty sure what people are bored of is the severe lack of plot progression, not action or violence.

15 pages and 2-3 chapters a year shouldn't satisfy anyone except for blind fanboys.

so desperate.
May 26, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
sebrina8 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

bassa_x said:

Lol what a fan tard.

Patience is a virtue? you must be joking. that shitty short series he did is irrelevant. fans of berserk want berserk DUH.

i'm pretty sure what people are bored of is the severe lack of plot progression, not action or violence.

15 pages and 2-3 chapters a year shouldn't satisfy anyone except for blind fanboys.

so desperate.

Damn son where'd you get all dat shit taste
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
May 26, 2014 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
At least unlike he usual until next time we will have a new chapter I'm guessing in July given it's miura.
May 27, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2012
I'm actually happy to only have to wait until summer to read the next chapter, it took a year to get to chapter 334.
I wouldn't see a problem with the slow pacing if the chapters were actually monthly.
We are having a lot of world building now, the Fantasia arc looks pretty promising, but, as the plot looks more and more complex the ending also looks more and more distant, with is also okay, if Miura don't die before the end, of course.
I don't think Rickert is totally cool with that, he's probably far from trusting Griffith at the moment.
May 27, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2009
Love the drawing in this manga. It was a pleasure to watch some new pages.
About a Griffith, seems like he made his dream come true, he achieved all he wanted, he is admired and loved by his people. The problem is, nobody knows what price he had to pay to become a godlike king, except few eclipse survivors. Even tho Guts will be considered as a devil killing a good king, he will get his justice, becouse success achieved by trampling over people is not a real success, and it must fall.
May 27, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
FruitPunchJ said:
I really want to see what will happen to Guts and Casca.
Lets hope he meant summer this year.

Agreed. Also your last sentence gave me a good laugh haha.
May 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
sebrina8 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

bassa_x said:

Lol what a fan tard.

so desperate.

You're one if the kids he was talking about, clearly.

While I agree that the amount of chapters Miura has released over the past few years is abysmal, Berserk has always been slow paced and the end result has always been worth it. And if you can't see the significance behind this chapter, especially the implications when you think back to the Idea of Evil, than you might be the blind one.
May 28, 2014 2:52 AM

Oct 2013
Raniero191 said:
sebrina8 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

bassa_x said:

Lol what a fan tard.

so desperate.

You're one if the kids he was talking about, clearly.

While I agree that the amount of chapters Miura has released over the past few years is abysmal, Berserk has always been slow paced and the end result has always been worth it. And if you can't see the significance behind this chapter, especially the implications when you think back to the Idea of Evil, than you might be the blind one.

If the manga was weekly, it would've been so much better.
May 28, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Finally reread in a language i can understand lol...

Good chapter, the artwork just gives me a raging boner damn.

Some very significant things happening surrounding griffith here, cool. Rickert is in a tight spot xD Wish it was more than 15 pages though.

Time to wait again lol, i'll wait any amount of time as long as he actually finishes it!
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
May 29, 2014 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
*sigh* I waited more than 1 month for this only to find out that it's only 17 pages.. at least make it a hundred or so xD

I'm still confused as to what the hell is happening to Griffith.. hes become one of the devil god hands and now hes associating with... "God"? wtf?

still hoping Casca recovers her memories..
Jun 1, 2014 2:56 AM
Jul 2011
This could have been combined with previous chapter. Nice to see more of Sonia anyways I guess. Hopefully Rickert actually gets to talk with Griffith next chapter now that the Griffith mandatory ego stroking is out of the way.
Jun 3, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 2013
PrimeX said:
I'm still confused as to what the hell is happening to Griffith.. hes become one of the devil god hands and now hes associating with... "God"? wtf?

Did people pay attention to the Eclipse?

There is no "god" in Berserk. Closest is the God Hand and the Idea of Evil.

keragamming said:
If the manga was weekly, it would've been so much better.

Definitely not.

The quality drop in art wouldn't be worth it.
Jun 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Nice little setup chapter.
Jun 22, 2014 3:44 PM

Aug 2012
bassa_x said:
LOL the art is godlike but it was so boring, i prefer something to happen in this manga, and i am sorry to say to all the fans butthis manga will never end at this pace its going to take 50 or 60 year to see some progres. So we will wait half a year or more for another 15 good drawn pages.

^This .... Godlike art but 0 development in terms of storyline... If we must wait 6 months for 18 pages everytime jesus.

Jul 9, 2014 4:45 PM

May 2008
Hyunckel said:
bassa_x said:
LOL the art is godlike but it was so boring, i prefer something to happen in this manga, and i am sorry to say to all the fans butthis manga will never end at this pace its going to take 50 or 60 year to see some progres. So we will wait half a year or more for another 15 good drawn pages.

^This .... Godlike art but 0 development in terms of storyline... If we must wait 6 months for 18 pages everytime jesus.

I hear you. At this rate, I am pretty sure the manga needs like 30 years until it's done. Ugh God. I wish if Kiura starts the final arc after this one. Then maybe the manga will last only for 10 years :P

But seriously, I think back in 2011 or so Kiura says that he finished about half of the story. If that's true, then finishing the manga can talk 2x times more of the time it took to finish its first half?

Just see the history of the release cycle.

Before 2007: two volumes released every year.
2007-2011: One volume each year.
2012: No release.
Early 2013: One volume

Do the math .....
aAhmedsJul 9, 2014 4:53 PM
Jul 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
Thank Jesus fucking christ finally
Dream Panda
Jul 25, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2011
Berserk is getting to be 'check MangaReader once or twice a year and hope for a new chapter' ...

The art is god-tier, don't get me wrong, and I'm still pretty riveted by what's going on with Griffith, but ... damn, not a whole lot happened. Lots of world-building, and we find out that Griffith seems to be a benevolent ruler, but can someone who gained his power by sacrificing all of his friends really be a messiah?

At this point I really have no idea how this series is going to end. It seemed for a long time like it was going to have to end with Guts splitting Griffith in half, probably after taking a claw through the heart ... now, I dunno. Maybe Griffith will rule a new utopia and Guts will forsake his revenge once he has Casca back. Who knows at this point? I just hope Kentaro lives long enough to finish it (and if he doesn't, he leaves notes so that some up-and-coming mangaka who's more of a workaholic can finish it).
Aug 11, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2014
Just a quick question with the re-emergence of luca. Is she still a prostitute? or is she a keeper of some inn?
Sep 14, 2014 8:23 PM

Jan 2012
Lol... the is a not only the king, but the GOD itself.
Oct 11, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2008
Ragix said:

Interesting chapter, it seems we're just getting to know more about Griffith and his 'Kingdom' you could say. It's odd as we've built him up to be this incredibly evil bastard, but lately he has only shown his 'good' side. I'm curious what his true intentions are or how he will act once he accomplishes his goal. He is one of the God Hand after all.

The thing is that Griffith basically did accomplished his goal now. The reason he accepted that red egg thing that made him what he is is because he always wanted to create his own kingdom. I remember how he said that all the people that died for that cause will be wasted if he gave up now so more will be sacrificed for him to get there etc when he was dreaming about the road full of corpses that let to a castle.
So now that he has his great kingdom he basically has fulfilled his dream.
Oct 16, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
Griffith looks like a woman now.

and also If Griffith and Guts were to fight right now, Guts will lose.

Mar 3, 2015 7:14 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like a lot of important things are happening. But I don't remember what they mean because it's been so damn long since anything happened in this manga.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Sep 12, 2015 10:33 AM
Nov 2014
Great artwork as usual, but I'm really hoping something interesting happens sooner or later because I'm getting tired with this manga already. Too dragged out, mediocore development in the latest chapters.

It can only get better though, hopefully.
Jan 29, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2008
Everytime I read the posts on here it starts with 'Miura is on a break'. Is this some kind of meme? LOL
Mar 12, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2015
He's just a jealous raping weak little shit.... That got power from an Egg and became a God..
Jul 7, 2016 12:36 PM

Mar 2016
AllenVonStein said:
Griffith looks like a woman now.

Hasn't he always? That was always the weird underlying theme between Griffith and Guts. Man love.

That chapter... seemed like a giant waste of time. Hope I'm wrong and this crap leads somewhere. We didn't need any more characterization of Griffith as some sort of god for the people. I thought that was made clear a looooong time ago that his new shtick is being a benevolent leader of men and monsters.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
May 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2015
[Sea God 1]

Straight to the boss, hell yeah. Other spreads <3
Jan 5, 2018 3:08 AM

Feb 2013
Lame, we will never forget what Griffith did.
Apr 23, 2018 9:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
God? Horrible word, but the human history is full of "Mortal-Gods", and here Griffith is the more near to a "God"!!! lol
Dec 1, 2018 11:13 PM

May 2016
Reading about how little the number of chapters that release every year makes me feel dreadful about me finally nearly catching up to the current release lmao

The Band of the Hawk revered Griffith as a living legend and with Rickert being one of the only original members left, witnessing his former leader let out an aura of an actual god on earth must be very conflicting to his feelings. It doesn't help that Griffith himself won't tell the reason why so he's seriously having doubts even if Guts told him about the Eclipse already.

Locus suggesting that there really might be a heaven or hell in that world was really interesting. Everything around is already straight out from a fantasy but an afterlife other than that Toilet of Damned Souls is something.

Jun 18, 2020 5:20 PM
Jul 2017
The words spoken by Griffith, in his speech to Charlotte, have remained faithful since the beginning of the manga, apparently, no regret is outlined.
Mar 24, 2022 3:20 AM

May 2015
These burial rites he does most definitely creates loyalists for him, just for the chance of seeing their loved ones again.

But is it really them? Or just illusions.
May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

May 2021
Love how he got stepped on by Guts.

Sep 27, 2022 2:10 PM

Aug 2021
guts fight with the sea god is about to start... wonder how things will play out
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 110 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

23 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 104 Discussion

28 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 103 Discussion

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 102 Discussion

49 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 101 Discussion

41 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.