Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2010 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
BashZeStampeedo said:
Well, yeah, I doubt she is confused.

Im too. =D

Personally I would change your first sentence.

BashZeStampeedo said:
Well, yeah, I doubt she is confused THAT she loves him. In that nightmare, they're watching as she chooses Lawrence over them, and when he dies, she can't go back to them anymore. She's left all alone. So him saying those words just makes it harder for her to say no, and it's not a choice she can make lightly.

And by the way, i never said something about horo telling him the words only that she wants to hear it from him. :-P
Aug 20, 2010 5:34 PM
Aug 2009
OneManArmy said:
Personally I would change your first sentence.

Heh.. it's more fun if we disagree :)

I think what she's confused about now is whether to accept their love, not whether they are in love. I'm not sure if that's what we are "arguing" about, to be honest.

OneManArmy said:
And by the way, i never said something about horo telling him the words only that she wants to hear it from him. :-P

I know you didn't :)

She obviously did not say the words, he did. And yes, she did want to hear them.. anyone would want to hear them from the person they love, after all. But she ALSO did not want to hear them yet.

That's because she cannot return those words yet. That would make the relationship unfair to him, and put even more pressure on her to make a choice. Obviously she could not live with that kind of pressure. That's what she seems to want him to "take responsibility" for. She is asking him to remove that pressure, and he happily accepts.

That is all I meant :)
Aug 21, 2010 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
BashZeStampeedo said:

She obviously did not say the words, he did. And yes, she did want to hear them.. anyone would want to hear them from the person they love, after all. But she ALSO did not want to hear them yet.

So in the end you meant the same thing as i, wow that was a funny and useless discussion, lfmao. =D
Aug 21, 2010 7:38 AM
Aug 2009
OneManArmy said:
So in the end you meant the same thing as i, wow that was a funny and useless discussion, lfmao. =D

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case :)

I still remember learning English and having these kinds of confusing "non-fights". Lots of fun...
Aug 21, 2010 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah it was like...

Sep 25, 2010 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
vvvpqsw said:
IZUMI64 said:
Oosran said:
KyuuA4 said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:
give me that kiss scene pic...^^

Oosran delivers, here you go : )

You call that a kiss?! XD

Not really, but it's the only one that's in there : O

not look like a kiss,,but thanks

Maybe its gonna get fixed in the DVDs..

Anyway, I was expecting a french kiss.

thats a kiss? i tought he just put his face near her -_-
Sep 25, 2010 8:13 PM
Aug 2009
It looked to me like he gave her a sarcastic, playful kiss to see her response and get back at her. Judging by her reaction, he got her back good :)
Oct 2, 2010 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
The "real" screenshot is on page [2] people. x1

Oct 5, 2010 11:28 PM

Sep 2008
tthammy said:
vvvpqsw said:
IZUMI64 said:
Oosran said:
KyuuA4 said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

Not really, but it's the only one that's in there : O

not look like a kiss,,but thanks

Maybe its gonna get fixed in the DVDs..

Anyway, I was expecting a french kiss.

thats a kiss? i tought he just put his face near her -_-

U guys, that's how wolves do it ;D

I want season three NOW!! D:<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2010 5:30 AM

Sep 2008
Liked the episode... and how it felt like a good way to lead into a third season. So I definitely am hoping to see a third season come out. Yes it was a happy ending, but... their journey isn't over yet! And I'd like to see it through, for one.

The romance in this episode kept me happy, although...
Jigero said:
Uh ending was very lackluster in my opinion. The kiss and him saying I love you was very really uneventful and down played, wasn't as exciting as I thought.

I agree to a certain extent. It lacked punch somehow. But the fluff was still cute. :>
Oct 15, 2010 8:29 PM

Aug 2008
Basically they have made Holo the eternal Tsundere. And with her immortality they gave her a darn good reason not to move a relationship forward and show her warm side.

Choosing to never love rather than to lose a love is common in the fantasy genre.

In the Little Mermaid they made her a human who could enjoy a normal romance at the end. LotR and R&J were obviously both tragedies. I'm not sure where the light novels are at in the story of Spice and Wolf, but I'm eager to see how they play this out.
MerrilNov 19, 2010 8:35 PM
Oct 24, 2010 12:13 AM

Aug 2010
any info on season 3 anybody?
Nov 3, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2010
I think this anime wasn't meant to focus on romance, which is probably why that kiss was a *peck*... Spice and Wolf/Spice and Wolf II seems to aim more for... uh... a more emotionally realistic approach? Animes and their really emotional scenes for the relationship are beginning to get very generic, where the character development just seems to by imitations of other series, where in the end, it's as if a million spotlights shine on the characters as they kiss.

Meh, Spice and Wolf, in my opinion, has better character development, and brings different situations and results into the equation, unlike other animes.

@awesome-49: No. Everyone is waiting for one, but apparently, they are taking their time on Spice and Wolf Season 3....
Nov 16, 2010 10:48 PM

Oct 2010
Wow this was an amazing sequel must definetly a 10.
I haven't read the novels, but from what i heard the anime cover around half of the content so far.
I wouldn't mind another season, but I'm worried about what it might actaully be about.
If its getting Lawr his dream, that kinda done since he already gor Horo right? and it would make me sad if they actually find Horo's homeland, as that would mean bye bye Lawr from their agrement (unless horo decides she doesnt want to be alone etc, etc)
Anyways... anyone misses the op and ed from S1 i though they were so much better xD?
huh?
Dec 31, 2010 10:49 PM

Sep 2010
Great ending. I'm REALLY hoping for a season 3. I think I basically said what everybody is/should be thinking.
Jan 6, 2011 11:45 AM

Jul 2010
well we know for sure there's going to be a season three rite?? im just glad their deciding to do this rite now, lol
anyway that didnt really look like a kiss anyway, i had to re-watch it like 5 times becuz i couldnt decide if they kissed or not lol
but still great season, i hope they find som way to find a happy ending, their easily one of the best couples in anime history!!

Jan 7, 2011 6:18 AM

Oct 2008
supermegasonic said:
well we know for sure there's going to be a season three rite?? im just glad their deciding to do this rite now, lol
anyway that didnt really look like a kiss anyway, i had to re-watch it like 5 times becuz i couldnt decide if they kissed or not lol
but still great season, i hope they find som way to find a happy ending, their easily one of the best couples in anime history!!

I think you should look at the screenshot I edited on page two or three. XD

Jan 18, 2011 8:51 AM

Feb 2010
I don't understand the last part...where Holo and Lawrence walked while the bell rang furiously like hell...

can anyone explain this on my profile?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 21, 2011 2:18 PM
Sep 2009
I know a lot of people had mixed feelings over this season, but I really enjoyed it. Yes, it definitely geared toward Lawrence discovering his feeling for their relationship, but I don't need all horo all the time to make the story progress. Although i must say i was disappointed with his decision to use Holo are a bargaining chip (regardless of her wanting him to do it) considering he found "what to say" at the end of the last arc.

Also - i understand Horo's fear of the relationship (specifically the lifespan difference), but she went from wanting more from Lawrence (his admittance) in first arc to trying to bury her own (strong) feelings for him in the second arc. I completely understand her rationale (at this point in the story, it will only end in severe heartache for her), but she's already beyond the point of giving up.

As with most, the "I Love You" / Kiss scene did seem rather anticlimactic. I didn't need anything over-threatric. But she's been waiting for him to tell her that since S1. She gave a slight reaction to that, but the kiss was basically brushed off. I know she is scared beyond what she's ever felt and she did dance around that she basically feels the same (hell, she essentially admitted it drunkenly - not to mention the super territorial jealousy thing)

I like the show a lot, only anime that really makes me a softy (not that I have a huge list of watched anime). At this point, I haven't heard anything about S3 and sadly don't anticipate them continuing. Although since the LN is ending, maybe they are just waiting for more material to rap things up. If not, I will definitely be looking for translated manga/LN (legal or not) just to see how this relationship plays out. Here's hoping for a very happy ending (and I actually feel better that we may get it considering Lawrence's new found optimism and determination).
Jan 22, 2011 10:13 AM

Mar 2010
Just Finished this series, I iwshed i watched it sooner. I always held it back and watched something else. I must say this anime was alot better than I expected it to be. Horo and Lawrence became my favorite anime couple of all time.

I hope there is a season 3, but I wouldn't be disapointed if there wasn't since it ended so well imo. (If season three isn't announced a bit after the LN is done I'll prolly just read the manga.)
Feb 12, 2011 2:33 AM
Feb 2011
(this reply is late as hell, but hey i just started watching this series not even a week ago so i can be forgiven.

Antanaru said:
Well just as I predicted... I'm disappointed. Brain's Base proved that they're bunch of lame amateurs who shouldn't get any successful series in their hands. Another example that different studio equals failure. I'm to sad to complain, I love this series so I'll try to forget about this season.

I just watched it and i loved it.... sure, i was abit like "wait... wtf did they just kiss or..." for a sec, but lets face it, its what we half expected Lawrence would do anyway.

I had to rewatch most of the scenes between Lawrence and Holo due to the dialogue passing so quickly and being unable to both read and notice what was actually happening at the same time (rarely watch sub, but in this case i had to make an exception).

I don't think anyone who truly loved the first season could hate the second one...

saxophone said:
BashZeStampeedo said:

I think it's just a consequence of the writing style more than anything. As a light novel it's been quite good, but as an anime it tends to drag on at times. Plus, a lot of us are used to instant gratification, so seeing an adult romance unwind in seemingly contrived ways can be a chore. Not to mention the pacing being quite uneven, especially in the second half of the season.

It probably helps that I haven't read the light novels so I don't really have anything to compare it to. The parts that drag on are amplified because we had to wait a week between episodes. This season isn't long, only 12 episodes....most people could probably watch this in about 1 day and would most likely not feel the drag as much.

Also I, personally, am pretty tolerable of varied pacing in shows...as long as the overall product is entertaining.

I watch it over a period of two days, i felt anticipation as to when exactly the two will finally come together, but apart from that it was enjoyable. Didn’t feel any drag.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 22, 2019 12:13 PM
Feb 14, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2011
KyuuAL said:
Oosran said:
IZUMI64 said:

they are actually rubbing noses...the wolf equivalent of a kiss. its mentioned in the OVA
Feb 18, 2011 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Just finished this ep. Most excellent. I really hope to see another season.
not a job creator

Feb 23, 2011 12:43 PM
Nov 2009
Man I loved this ending, I almost thought they were gonna be apart and give us a cliffhanger end. I'm glad I was wrong ^^ Naww, Lawrence finally made a move and then kissed her, if that was a kiss, lol. I still gave this 9/10 just like I rated the first season. I would like a 3rd season though, I would like to see their relationship to be any "deeper" :). Gonna miss this series...just listening to the first op and ed makes me wanna rewatch it :P Definitely worth watching this series considering that I finished it in 3 days. Damn, no moar Holo flirtiness<3
Mar 9, 2011 1:23 AM

Mar 2011
Such an excellent fluffy fairy ending ^^ This definitelly makes it one of my favourite shows.

Finally Lawrence's investments into her made some profit. (You know the scene I'm reffering to now) Way to go Lawrence, finally a step further! Like the last episode gave me the chills this one brings such a warm fealing into heart. I'm becomming so sentimental after watching all these serries :)

I would like to see more into their relationship behind this season.. well, there still is some little space left for it to continue.. so bring it on, we sure want more Holo & Lawrence!
Mar 16, 2011 12:49 PM

Mar 2011
Just hope this isn't the end! Hears hoping for season 3... ^_^
Two wrongs don't make a right! but three rights make a left...
Apr 22, 2011 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Really great season. Nice happy ending. I want more!
May 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Aug 2010
Adorable ending to a great series.
May 12, 2011 7:44 AM

Dec 2009
I love the ending. Overall:7/10

Jun 16, 2011 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
............. I'm so let down on the kiss scene.. there was like no detail or close up on it also to mention it she wasn't like dazed or stunned at all. ;[ I mad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2011 11:19 AM
Aug 2009
sn0w said:
............. I'm so let down on the kiss scene.. there was like no detail or close up on it also to mention it she wasn't like dazed or stunned at all. ;[ I mad.

Not dazed or stunned? Prior to the kiss she broke down in tears when he admitted he loved her. There's even a moment shortly after her breakdown when she pauses in mid-speech, looks at him, and you could swear she held back from saying "that is why.. I love you". Instead, she kicked him, so he paid her back by kissing her "for her kindness". Note her eyes quivering, too, I don't think she was "unaffected" by the kiss.

Basically it was all about Lawrence playfully pushing Holo for a response, knowing she would never say something as bold as "I love you", but being forced to say SOMETHING. So when she finally turned around and blushed while saying "you know.. I'd be in big trouble if I fell in love with you", it was her way of hinting that she'd never flat-out admit it, but she did love him as well.

It was painfully noncommittal, yet forward enough (for Holo) to stop him dead in his tracks (note how he selectively called her "princess" a moment later). So the kiss was just Lawrence tempting Holo, a long-shot attempt to get her to openly hint at reciprocation, even if he didn't expect any (note her eyes quivering, though). At least that's how I read it. Maybe not "mou ichido" from Toradora, but still epic progress for these two idiots.

Now if we could only get another damn season :S
Jun 16, 2011 11:41 AM
Sep 2009
BashZeStampeedo said:
sn0w said:

Not dazed or stunned? Prior to the kiss she broke down in tears when he admitted he loved her. There's even a moment shortly after her breakdown when she pauses in mid-speech, looks at him, and you could swear she held back from saying "that is why.. I love you". Instead, she kicked him, so he paid her back by kissing her "for her kindness". Note her eyes quivering, too, I don't think she was "unaffected" by the kiss.

Basically it was all about Lawrence playfully pushing Holo for a response, knowing she would never say something as bold as "I love you", but being forced to say SOMETHING. So when she finally turned around and blushed while saying "you know.. I'd be in big trouble if I fell in love with you", it was her way of hinting that she'd never flat-out admit it, but she did love him as well.

It was painfully noncommittal, yet forward enough (for Holo) to stop him dead in his tracks (note how he selectively called her "princess" a moment later). So the kiss was just Lawrence tempting Holo, a long-shot attempt to get her to openly hint at reciprocation, even if he didn't expect any (note her eyes quivering, though). At least that's how I read it. Maybe not "mou ichido" from Toradora, but still epic progress for these two idiots.

Now if we could only get another damn season :S

I don't think we'll get an S3 (which is why they rapped it up as they did, but still leaving it open), that's why I'm hoping they continue translating the novels. I think its already been stated (maybe by Stamp or someone else), that the ending for S2 Anime (Novel 3 & 5) didn't end that way in novel 5 (love, kiss, wedding like imagery). I'll know in December when LN#5 is released by Yen Press.
Jun 17, 2011 6:39 AM

Apr 2011
yeah :P btw do you or anyone else know what she was so "scared" of? I'm a bit lost I remember her saying that when their journey ends/his death bed but she said that wasn't all? erm so if anyone could help? xD
Jun 17, 2011 3:28 PM
Aug 2009
My interpretation is that she was really just afraid of falling in love. She was sending out mixed signals like crazy, so if there was anything more specific than that she isn't being up-front about it (she suggests that she's afraid of them growing apart naturally, but then she tries to end their relationship unnaturally so your guess is as good as mine).

But every time he did or said something that suggested he knew they were in love, she got upset and "scared". The only other thing that she's clearly scared of is being alone, so I think she was always fighting between these two fears, until Lawrence made one of them go away by forcing her to not just decide herself on how their relationship would end.
BashZeStampeedoJun 17, 2011 4:20 PM
Jun 18, 2011 3:00 AM

Apr 2011
BashZeStampeedo said:
My interpretation is that she was really just afraid of falling in love. She was sending out mixed signals like crazy, so if there was anything more specific than that she isn't being up-front about it (she suggests that she's afraid of them growing apart naturally, but then she tries to end their relationship unnaturally so your guess is as good as mine).

But every time he did or said something that suggested he knew they were in love, she got upset and "scared". The only other thing that she's clearly scared of is being alone, so I think she was always fighting between these two fears, until Lawrence made one of them go away by forcing her to not just decide herself on how their relationship would end.
Jul 6, 2011 8:57 AM
Jul 2011
Amazing! Spice and Wolf really is a masterpiece. It has been 3 years and I still waiting for season III. Despite the fact I dislike giving perfect scores, I still will give Spice and Wolf a 10/10. On this episode, I wish Larence gave that guy (the one that helped him after Eva hit him) more of a thanks. Also, when Lawrence after reading the letter stood up, he looked up, it was snowing, did he (like) sneeze and blood just came out? (and stained the snow with red?). I'm still hoping there will be other seasons. Even if it takes a couple of years, I hope they at least anounce season 3 soon. Compared to even the top anime(s), this is beyond great. The end was unexpected, but it was awsome. Did I mention Spice and Wolf was awsome and I hope there are other season? What!? You're actually reading this... so um how do your Wolf, pink, medium or well done?

It has been a couple of years already since Spice and Wolf II, but I still believe there will Spice and Wolf III. This show was just to awsome to pass up. I would expect about six more seasons after Spice and Wolf II simply because if there are 16 books (so far (even if 16 is the "last one")), each season so far is 2 books, so there would be a total of 8 seasons then minus the 2 masterpieces already shown, there are 6 left. The ending was so pleasant, so unexpected, so satisfying, just the way I like it. I'm sure they will release the novels first in the US before the next season is even anounced. I would expect to wait another year and a half or more before season 3 comes out in Japan. I just hope it is at least anounced soon. Man...that was not a quick reply. It's been about 3 years but I'm still wanting the next season.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 22, 2019 12:14 PM
Jul 20, 2011 10:22 AM
Jul 2011
Still no news on Spice and Wolf S3? The show all in all seems like such a hit that i can't believe a studio would EVER think on skipping out on adding more to the anime.

I need more Horo, and I need more Lawrence. A.S.A.F.P.
Jul 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
Wonderful kiss scene indeed! Just in time, I couldn't wait for the next season just for this.

By the way, does someone know about a season III? I googled around and didn't find anything. It would be a shame to end such an interesting anime like that. :(
Jul 31, 2011 5:40 PM
Jul 2011
It took me a couple of times of watching the entire series to figure out the purpose of why Lawrence sold Holo. In episode 10, Lawrence hesitated and refused to sell Holo. That was before Holo told him that each time they were tricked, Lawrence ended up gaining more money (exept when he obtained armed goods in season 1). Lawrence agreed that he also suspected there was a trick into Abe`s (or Eva) plan. Once Lawrence sold Holo, he knew there was no trick until the opportunity arose when Fruhl von Jieterzentel Boland (Abe, yeah that`s her real name) took his money. To be honest, I believe Lawrence planned to be robbed. This allowed him to get back with Holo after selling the inn they were staying at and making the deals (To get Holo back). Although this anime isn`t very popular so far, I see that many people watch it enjoy it. It`s popularity increases slowly but it doesn´t fall. I do not doubt there will be a season 3 and other seasons. Yet, I do not believe they will come quickly either. I hope imagin makes the other seasons.
Jul 31, 2011 8:20 PM
Aug 2009
You're probably right. Lawrence had no other way to get Holo to keep traveling with him - she forced him to sell her, and so he had to find a way for the plan to fail without it "being his fault" (otherwise she'd just leave). It seemed that even Abe kind of realized what he was up to at the end, because he was clearly trying to let her rob him, and that wasn't at all in his character.
Aug 8, 2011 10:34 AM

May 2011
What a lame kiss scene.1st season was so much more than this.

Not even a single apple in this season. xP
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 8, 2011 3:29 PM
Dec 2009
lame kiss scene for sure, i had to replay those few seconds and see if they actually kissed, or lawrence just kissed her nose >.<
season 1 > season 2
ending did not fit my tastes, but it was satisfactory because it ended the way how they will still journey on
wanted to see the wolf form again
hopefully there will be more, but does not matter, enjoyed the spice and wolf marathon :)
tag©.androgynous
Aug 17, 2011 3:45 PM
Jul 2011
whhhhhhhaaat?!
There was a Spice and Wolf marathon and I missed it?! Waaaah. I know they played the first season on funimation every week from june to august but I had to miss them because I was on vacation. Yeah, I really think season 1 was better, season 2 had too much action and the worst part no apples. It focused more on others than each other. Although episodes 1 and 6 to 12 I did enjoy a lot like the fist season. I guess its just that no one likes Fermi Amati. ["We would go some place and he would do that I just found you run." "Hiiii guys. Whats up guuuys." And one of us would always see him and warn the rest of the group. Be like "F Amati is coming" "what?" "(Whispering) F Amati is coming" "Thats his name F Amati is coming." I heard a rumor when he was born even the doctor said (inhale really loud) F Amati is coming. Lets get this demon seed out of here" (-Dane Cook - Brian is coming)"] Anyways back to Spice and Wolf, I think they either french kissed or kissed on the cheek but nothing more. Holo even said "It would be trouble some if I were to fall in love with you. So a real kiss then that is kind of hard to imagine.
Aug 23, 2011 1:38 AM
Nov 2010
Well, that ended like other "...and the fight continues" anime...
Sep 7, 2011 3:53 PM

Aug 2010
Well, I thought the ending would be MUCH better, and that kiss.. does that even qualify as a kiss? I would've preferred no kiss at all. IMO season 1 was by far better.

But hey, its Spice and Wolf, no one can resist ittt.
8/10.
Sep 8, 2011 3:03 PM
Sep 2011
I discovered this anime recently, and it has reframed my idea of what anime can be. In that respect it's like "Welcome to the NHK". Both anime show very complex, intelligent adults trying to learn how to deal with hard, fundamental issues that are basic to being human. Because the hero and heroine of "Spice and Wolf" are very smart, and have been seriously damaged by having spent long stretches of their respective lives alone, when talking to each other they leave lots unsaid. Come to think of it, regular people do that a lot when they've gotten into heavy emotional water! But these two almost always do that when talking to each other. They have a lot at stake.

The last episode of "Spice and Wolf II" was especially difficult to understand. Luckily, commentator BashZeStampeedo, back at post 199, figured out the complex set of interactions that take place in this last episode. Basically, Holo is terribly conflicted about whether to become involved with trader Lawrence, though she seems to have come to love him.

And who wouldn't hesitate, in her shoes! She has already lived 600 years, whereas Lawrence has lived 25. She will always know a million things he doesn't, and after their short lifetime together she'll have to watch him die and then bury him. This reason for her hesitating to acknowledge her love for Lawrence is represented in the recurring dream Holo has In Part II by a skeleton lying half-buried in the snow.

And beyond that, two further reasons for Holo to hesitate are also represented in that dream: the reproach of her own species, the wisewolves, at her deserting them as possible lovers, and something unidentifiable represented by a rolling sheet or bright red stuff that looks a bit like flames-made-solid that rolls across her dream landscape.

I want to know just how enormous a step Holo would be taking if she gets involved in what amounts to inter-species love. And above all I want to know what that rolling sheet of flames represents! It's one thing to fall in love with a fascinating demi-goddess, as Lawrence is doing. There's a lot of potential learning, love, and adventure in that. But to be such a long-lived, magical creature as Holo is and to become the lover of a human--isn't that really something that's bound to entail a lot of sacrifice? What misfortunes and/or punishments does the world that could produce someone like Holo have in store for her if she crosses that boundary?

Really, there could be lots of compelling reasons why Holo is hesitating and putting Lawrence through such hoops for so long. I wish I could hope to see those reasons revealed in another season of this terrific anime. Since I guess there's not going to be another season, I'm committing to reading all of the 12 light novels that this story came from, as they're translated into English. (Four are out now, and I've read in this thread that a 5th will be coming out in December)

As Aleka says, "it's Spice and Wolf, no one can resist itt."
Sep 9, 2011 9:06 PM

Jul 2009
Just finished marathoning season 2 in English; gotta say, it was fucking gold! Especially this episode! 9/10 for being short and no season 3 :(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 23, 2011 7:04 PM
Jul 2011
The last post up above, it sounds like I disliked those few episodes. I did not mean it to sound that way, I absolutely loved them, it was intense, something extremely enjoyable. I meant to say that I liked better the other episodes instead of these few, but I don't even know anymore, I mean Spice and Wolf is just awsome, I really cannot judge the episodes. They were different, diverse, a new and shocking experience.

Cecropiamoth, that was beautiful, I’m sure if there was a voting option whether you liked this or disliked this, you would have a lot of likes. I believe that rolling sheet or bright red stuff was Holo’s eye, notice that as she opens her eyes, that red stuff appears, the same color as her eyes. Futhermore, I thought there were 16 books then the epilogue (book 17). And Yes! "it's Spice and Wolf, no one can resist it."
KraftyWolfSep 23, 2011 7:20 PM
Nov 2, 2011 9:02 AM

Feb 2009
I liked the fact that Lawrence went back for her, but once again he loses everything...

In the end it was a good season, It just felt to have lost some of its steam midway. Most of the supporting characters weren't as interesting as the ones in first season and some episodes didn't advance much. It was still very worth it, if not for watching Lawrence and Horo's relationship developing quite nicely.
Nov 3, 2011 1:56 AM

Nov 2011
Watched both seasons in about a 2 day span amazing.

This episode especially great with Lawrence finally kissing Holo showing that bit of romance a lot of people were waiting for.Very great season just hope that maybe sometime in the future they would continue with the anime since the anime only covers 4 out of 17 of the light novel books!

Certainly a top favorite on my list.

Also the funimation did a fantastic job with the english dub, I actually prefer the tone of voice they give Lawrence and Holo in the dub over the real actors! (Just my opinion though)
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShiroiRyu - Jul 8, 2009

185 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Today, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

108 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

209 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 18, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

133 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

188 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 16, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.