Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2014
I would only drop the manga if it's really crappy or doesn't meet my standards. Or if it doesn't deserve my attention.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
May 23, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
I'll drop something in a few chapters if I don't like it. I pretty much know when it becomes a forced thing to read and I'm only reading it because someone might have recommended it or the plot sounded mildly good.

Or I'll drop it if theres a fucking annoying main character (cough cough sakura from code breaker)
My family is a treasure, you need a map and shovel to find them.
May 26, 2014 11:28 PM
Dec 2013
when you get bored, or it starts to feel like, you said, a homework assignment.

to me, i can't stand the thought of wasting time doing something i don't enjoy. unless the manga has gotten rave reviews, i'll drop it once i feel it's not worth my time.
May 27, 2014 3:20 AM

Apr 2014
When it feels like work to read it
"The Heart moves where the Heart wills"- Twenty-Fifth Baam

Anime List- http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PercyFlame2

Manga List- http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/PercyFlame2
May 27, 2014 4:50 AM

Jan 2014
I'll give the series about 10-20 chapters before I consider dropping it, everything starts off slow or build a means to find an interest.

Most of the time I wont read something before I do some pretty big research on it and ask for reviews though so I don't get this problem that often.
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
May 27, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
Don't know, all the manga I've been reading right now is shoujo and all pf them are reaaaaalllyyyy amazin

I guess I'll drop it if it becomes repetitive, boring, etc.
May 27, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Normally I really try to get into the manga but sometimes it just bores me and doesn't get better so I end up dropping it instead of suffering through it ^^"
I also dropped a lot of stuff that I just wanted to try out because it sounded interesting but ended up being totally different from what I imagined.

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

May 27, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2013
I'd probably give it a couple of volumes before i consider dropping a series.
May 28, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
When that series is Blue Exorcist. ZERO progression to goal of defeating Satan by chapter 50, ya Im done. Or Bleach. I all but dropped Bleach back after Aizen's defeat but I continued reading for some reason unknown to myself but then actually dropped it for good once
May 28, 2014 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
I almost never drop manga.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 28, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
Whenever necessary, that's all :)
May 29, 2014 6:34 PM

May 2014
I dropped Detective Conan a few years ago when I started to feel that the main storyline was not being developed at all! When I got bored, I'll drop it without hesitation. However, for every series that I drop, I always go back and read the LAST chapter LOLLLL
May 29, 2014 7:59 PM
May 2014
i usually drop it after a certain arc has ended and if the next arc isn't good enough; whatever initially hooked me to the manga has finished with the previous arc, so the next arc has to provide me with a new hook to make me want to keep reading it, but some mangas fail to do that;
May 30, 2014 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
When I don't want to read it anymore or when it's a really long shounen title and the money I spent on it is not worth the space in my room it hogs.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 30, 2014 8:03 PM

May 2014
Never drop something!
Jun 2, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
i drop a manga the moment i realise it wo'nt appeal to me.the latest i've gone before dropping a manga is bleach (dropped it as of last weeks chapter)
Jun 2, 2014 3:19 PM

Jan 2012
KajaKamisama said:
If you don't like it, don't hesitate to drop it.

Jun 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
Sometimes manga just goes on way longer then it needs too or it goes on hiatus way too much *cough* HOTD *cough*. Haven't dropped too many manga yet though.
Jun 15, 2014 4:18 PM
Jun 2014
When there is way too much fan service , for example whenever the girls fall, their panties are always showing. Or their boobs fall on some guy's face. I also hate the fact that all the girls have either big ass boobs, or a big ass in general. It just gets to be way too much.
Jun 17, 2014 8:38 PM

May 2014
When you're 20+ chapters in and fucking bored.
You should check out if people specify that it get better around a certain chapter/arc but for the most part; if you don't like the first 20 chapters then you probably won't like the rest of the series.
Jun 20, 2014 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
When you don't enjoy reading it anymore. But I think it's a shame, if you buy the volumes, you end up with an incomplete collection.
Jun 20, 2014 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Drop the manga when it stops being entertaining.
Jun 20, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty much what everyone else has said, and I also drop series when they're still entertaining but become a bit too repetitive (so that it won't engrave a terrible impression in my mind in case I decide to pick it up again later - trying to force myself to go through the repetition would lead to the terrible impression).
Jun 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
I drop it when I think it's become more and more boring than I expected
Jul 6, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
I drop it when i don't expect things to get any better so that i don't waste my time feeling bored.

Jul 9, 2014 7:26 AM
Oct 2013
You shouldn't force yourself to read a manga that you're bored with. You can always read it later.
Jul 9, 2014 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
Sometimes, the opposite happens, like with Bloody Junkie.

The manga drops you.
Jul 9, 2014 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
I dropped Fire Emblem because the first chapter was over 60 pages long.
Jul 10, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2012
When it pisses you off more than it satisfies you.
Jul 10, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
I dropped only 2 series so far, and that was because after some amount of chapters, they started to become sooooo boring for me. On one of them I was even falling asleep...And I tried to read them till the end, cause it's so rare to me to drop anything, even if I don't like it, but I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I simply dropped it. We don't read manga because it's boring and not for falling asleep on it, don't we ? x)

Jul 17, 2014 2:14 PM

Mar 2014
I try to not drop any series but to put it on a hold. Usually I start a series because of the hype or ratings people give it, so I always hope later the cool things finally kick off, often it is a big disappointment (Assassination Classroom)
Jul 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Nov 2011
Never. Gotta keep dem achievements.

But if I wasn't such a tryhard, I'd say that whenever I felt like it (not too early though, gotta give the series a chance). But if it's short (50 or less, most of the time), I'd probably read it all way through regardless.
Kousoku11Jul 17, 2014 3:42 PM
Jul 17, 2014 4:38 PM
Jul 2014
I'd say drop it if it annoys you and it still anoys you at say the end of vol 1. If you are constantly irritated by the things you're reading and start imagining how they could've been done better. Than drop it. Never read a manga that annoys you.

Put it on hold if it doesn't do anything for you. For instance if you don't like any of the character or you feel the storyline isn't going anywhere or maybe it's just now what you expected. That happens as well. Maybe later you can come back to it afresh and enjoy it for what it is. If you're still unable to go through it a second time you can always still drop it.
Jul 17, 2014 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
When it sways away from the original reason why you read it in the first place.
Such as The Breaker : New Waves

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Jul 18, 2014 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know
Weaklings can't choose their way of death - Law
Jul 19, 2014 12:31 AM

Mar 2011
Hmm... never??
I never officially drop them... I always try to finished what I read no matter how boring it become
but with so many manga I read that have ongoing or hiatus status (the japanese chapters, scanlations, or locally translated vers.) there are quite a lot that become very low priority or I forgot totally :p

It is the act of reading itself, instead of what I read, the become the entertainment for me ^^
Jul 19, 2014 2:10 AM

Jul 2014
I drop a manga when the plot becomes so boring , the drawings are a mess , and the lines you have to read per panel is really long.
Jul 20, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
When to drop a manga-
1. When it gets on your nerves and you can't take it anymore.
2. When it has awful amounts of fanservice (like gantz and black bird for eg)
3. When the plot goes absolutely nowhere even after a ton of chapters and fillers.
4. When it fails to kill your boredom.
5. When the manga has too many airheaded females.
Jul 22, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm. When you stop enjoying it, I guess? I read manga for entertainment, so I never make myself read something I do not enjoy/longer enjoy reading. There're so many titles to choose from... Though I agree that it is harder to drop a series, if you've already invested a lot of time in it, or if it's been recommended to you by someone.

Though I think it is usually dictated by situation. Some mangas are not continued for too long, so I forget the plot and it's hard to get back into it (it's troublesome to reread hundreds of chapters each time). The others get too repetitive or change their tone completely... Sometimes thay introduce characters you can't stand or become too meta... So I simply don't expect to see each manga tha I read till the end, I stick with it until it's fun, that's all.
Jul 28, 2014 3:13 AM
Dec 2013
When a manga that make you almost punch your screen or punch something in fit of rage. Or manga that you can't stand the way its goes anymore.
Aug 1, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2012
I don't drop series untill I REALLY can't take it anymore, I mean when they start to suck I wait hoping it'll get better and wait some more but then I just can't take it anymore and drop it. I dropped Bleach after aizen got sealed even though to me it started sucking as soon as they gave aizen that transformation, I waited hoping it'd get better but it never did, and guess what I hear it still is suckin XD Plus I don't list animes or manga I dropped I think it is a waste of time.
NatalieS
Aug 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2014
I think you should drop it when you realize it isn't for you. If it is only one or two volumes I will still probably read it, but that's just me. You shouldn't read manga if it seems like a chore/homework to you.

However, I also usually read my manga during school, so I might stick by reading something subpar just since it gets me through my lunch period.If it can't even keep me interested THAT long we have a serious problem.

Aug 6, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
NatalieS499 said:
I don't drop series untill I REALLY can't take it anymore, I mean when they start to suck I wait hoping it'll get better and wait some more but then I just can't take it anymore and drop it. I dropped Bleach after aizen got sealed even though to me it started sucking as soon as they gave aizen that transformation, I waited hoping it'd get better but it never did, and guess what I hear it still is suckin XD Plus I don't list animes or manga I dropped I think it is a waste of time.

I do the same thing! I wait for the story to get somewhere but if it doesn't I'll just stop.. I love yaoi but sometimes I can never find any with an actual plot(just sex) so I end up dropping it.
Aug 11, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
Sometimes after the first couple of pages and sometimes a couple of chapters in.
Aug 12, 2014 10:49 AM

May 2011
When the series gets dry, irritating, or if it gives me cliches that are obvious there for me. I try my best to salvage series for myself, giving it a rating that is too kind for how I actually felt about it. I tend to drop romance manga since I couldn't stand it and it will never be on my drop list because I thought I wasn't worthy enough to be in my list in general. I also drop series that are being milked out to the point where I can't seem to enjoy it like I once did like Fairy Tail and Bleach for example.
Or it can be like Usagi Drop and make me drop it instantly with much regret that I wasted my time on it. ಥ⌣ಥ

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Aug 12, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
When shit gets predictable or the MC is a wimpy bitch! or if shit is just too much to be entertaining. or if their is WAAYY too much comedy in a manga when it could be a bit more serious.

OR if its the usual action type manga where a bunch ops people have to work together n have to complete tests that equal death on failure. I like those ONLY if their done well. not crap like Kamisama no Iutoori That shit was just stupid n so over the top that it just wasnt entertaining.

Good ones are like Gantz or Psyren or Mirai Nikki. Basically Survival Games.

RomeoXD said:
When a manga gives off a " Oh man , not this crap again " felling that's the time you gotta realise that you have to drop it

Now this dude summed up another thing I was just about to point out.
TheNoseOfDeathAug 12, 2014 12:51 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - 5 hours ago

0 by MagrMal »»
5 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

21 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

52 by Luxology »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

21 by eatyourgreenz »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5932 by _KaSa »»
Yesterday, 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.