Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 25, 2009 8:38 AM

Jul 2008
haha the 7 sister are totally cool <3 especially luficer was moe <3
wow the end was cool. never imagined the granny to be in a such important role.

Sep 25, 2009 9:43 AM
Jan 2009
I found this episode quite good, tough not as good as the previous one.
The next one is going to be epic.
Sep 25, 2009 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
This Episode Was Great
Sep 25, 2009 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
I really liked this Episode, the stakes are awesome<3

And they made an good cliffhanger, much better than all these deads in the first arc...

4/5, because I rarely vote any 5s, but more a 4,5~

Sep 25, 2009 10:56 AM

Jan 2008
Another very consistent episode from DEEN. I never found the stake fight that interesting in the SN so I didn't find the episode that interesting, but that's just personal preference. The only thing is, I feel that Gohda's scene was a bit rushed. Otherwise it was very good, and I can't wait for next week.
Sep 25, 2009 11:26 AM

Sep 2007

GREAT JOB GG! AWESOME LIKE ALWAYS.
Sep 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Genji always rocks. And you always gotta respect ur elders/The former Beatrice. Good surprise.
Sep 25, 2009 12:17 PM

Dec 2006
The only two annoying things with this episode:"
This :

and this:

Sep 25, 2009 12:18 PM

Jun 2007
^Lol

Whoa awesome cliffhanger there! Wasn't expecting that AT ALL :3
Sep 25, 2009 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
Zilpzalp said:
And, really, Dreamend Discharger is awesome. (not related to this episode)

To say I can't wait to hear that in episode 26 would be an understatement.
Sep 25, 2009 2:10 PM

May 2009
Cool episode. Beatrice is actual really cute when she isn't acting crazy XD
Sep 25, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
So Beatrice has a teacher.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 25, 2009 3:25 PM
Mar 2008
PsychFreak said:
Episode 14 Preview. Minor spoilers.

Next episode on Umineko, Studio DEEN blows the series budget. The remaining episodes will be the storyboards shot in black and white with minimal animation.
Sep 25, 2009 3:56 PM
Jan 2009
PlatinumHawke said:
PsychFreak said:
Episode 14 Preview. Minor spoilers.

Next episode on Umineko, Studio DEEN blows the series budget. The remaining episodes will be the storyboards shot in black and white with minimal animation.

Considering that scene I can really see it happens.
Epic, is going to be epic.
Or a terrible letdown...
Dark_KainSep 25, 2009 4:05 PM
Sep 25, 2009 5:03 PM

Sep 2008
OmegaDenmad said:

I should really finish playing the vn.
Sep 25, 2009 5:45 PM

May 2008
I really like Ronove...he's just..cool xD

Man this was a shocking episode..and no crazy Maria shit? THANK GOD.

Sep 25, 2009 6:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ronove kick ass... Genji was cool too....

But Virgilia was awesome as well....

Thumbs up if Deen can keep up the good work....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
So...am I the only one who noticed Beatrice's wonky eyes during her conversation with Kinzo? Terrible.

Besides that, ok episode. Some stuff with Beatrice seemed to be pertinent (regarding being caged, living on the island in 67, and Shannon calling her out on her regret), so that's good. Finally got a reveal of all the sisters (which I just don't care about, but it needed to happen), and pretty much the second half was dumb. Kannon talking about wanting to see the blue sea, etc.

Few other things:
Why the hell does no one but Rosa know about Beatrice's mansion? Also, in the overhead shot of the island, I don't remember seeing her compound.
What reason do we have to believe Ronove's red words?
And why is Battler aware of some things that piece Battler doesn't see, but not all?

I'm still having a problem with the perspective in the show.
Sep 25, 2009 6:51 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
So...am I the only one who noticed Beatrice's wonky eyes during her conversation with Kinzo? Terrible.

I think most people omitted that view from their memory, I know I did at least.
noteDhero said:

Few other things:
Why the hell does no one but Rosa know about Beatrice's mansion? Also, in the overhead shot of the island, I don't remember seeing her compound.
And why is Battler aware of some things that piece Battler doesn't see, but not all?

My answers for these questions are all my own views on them and could very well be wrong.

I believe in the VN it is stated that the mansion was extremely hard to find and that after that day Rosa was unable to ever find it again(any other VN readers can correct me if Im wrong, my memory of that part is shady). Also it is possible that others might know of it and are keeping it secret for some unknown reason.

The mansion is supposed to be located deep in the forest and due to the size of the island would probably not show up on an overhead view.

As for Ronove's red words, they are as trustworthy as Beatrice's. There is no proof what he says is true, it is just one of the rules of the game.

And finally I believe that in this arc/game Meta Battler sees everything on the island as we(the viewers) see it.
Sep 25, 2009 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
One more thing is Kinzou said that there is a witch in the forest (and before that there're wolves) to prevent his children to go to the forest. When they get older, Krauss's the only one lives in the island.
Sep 25, 2009 7:02 PM

Aug 2008
That fence went up too high, and seemingly spanned too much area to not show up on the overhead, but oh well.

So Battler saw that whole thing with Kinzo and Beatrice?
Sep 25, 2009 7:21 PM
Jan 2009

I'll try to answer limiting the spoilers as much as possible, but i will mark the answers as spoilers.

I'm still having a problem with the perspective in the show.

Perspectives and point of views in this show are supposed to be problematic, confusing and sometimes tricky.
Until the very end of arc 4 there will still be such a considerable amount of noises, lies and deceptions that makes the game substantially unwinnable.
Next episode and/or the one after will be an important turning point in the story, Battler (and the viewer) will receive a valid "logical compass" in discerning lies from truth.
Sep 25, 2009 7:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
That fence went up too high, and seemingly spanned too much area to not show up on the overhead, but oh well.

So Battler saw that whole thing with Kinzo and Beatrice?

We can assume Meta-Battler did....

About the mansion, try not to think too deep into it.... Anything can happen in this series....And we are not yet ready to face the solutions of the mysteries....Must wait until the later arcs probably...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2009 8:01 PM

May 2008
there sure are alot of walking furnitures

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 25, 2009 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
loli_slayer said:
The only two annoying things with this episode:"
This :

and this:
I was thinking they did the second one on purpose but the first one was just wrong.

I'm not a VN reader but I think the Stakes are love. I don't know why. (Might have been the fanservice. Might not've been :P)
Sep 25, 2009 9:03 PM

Apr 2007
It was okay
I expected Kanon's fight to be longer and more flashy
and the way they killed of Beatrice in the past made it so Rosa is less to be blamed for
in the game you could really kind of blame her for it in the anime not so much
also they didn't show enough of the innocent Beato so it will serve as less of in impact later IMO
Sep 25, 2009 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
this was probably one of my fave episodes. NOT AS GOOD AS EPISODE 9, but still good. why?

▮tits. lucifer. tits. lucifer. tits.
▮GITAAAAAAHHHH appeared. along with her slutty sisters.
▮tits. shannon. tits. genji. tits. shannon.
▮GOHDDDAAAA.
▮i seriously love the scenes where beatrice gets all butthurt everytime she sees shannon. it's hilarious :')

oh. almost forgot about lucifer's pantsu shot.... IT WAS SHORT-LIVED, BUT I'LL CHERISH THOSE 2 SECONDS FOREVER.
zoldicksSep 25, 2009 9:27 PM
Sep 25, 2009 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
wow, i didnt see the grandmother as beato's teacher in disguise
Sep 25, 2009 9:36 PM

Apr 2008
Whats with that rose print on Shannon and Kanon's chest ?!
Some kind of curse ?

Sep 26, 2009 3:22 AM

Jul 2007
Lol.
Sep 26, 2009 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
Kanon :D me happy.

Well, I'd say that it's surprising to see that Kinzo was actually powerful enough to trap a witch like Beatrice o.O and wipe out her memories as well...

I want to know more about Genji, NAO.

...and you should've seen my epic WTF face when Beatrice revealed that Kumasawa=Virgilia.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 26, 2009 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
The old lady became so much better.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Sep 26, 2009 7:14 AM

Sep 2009
I loved this episode so much. The pacing was nice, and it wasn't rushed :D I've been waiting for Luci's appearance for a RATHER LONG TIME NOW. I love what she did to her voice xD.

Now... for the next ep....
Sep 26, 2009 7:49 AM

Aug 2007
- Fight with Kanon and Lucifer was kind of lame... but then again, I always think they are, lol.
- Ronove is awesome.
- Kumasawa is the former Beatrice???? Whoaaaa, didn't see that coming.
Sep 26, 2009 6:31 PM

May 2008
If the old female maid in this board is Beatrice's teacher, the last Beatrice, does that mean that that was just for this board. Cause I find it hard to believe in the past boards that it's the same person then, especially game 2, since then she shouldn't have died like that, she would've realised that it wasn't Kanon but a goat demon or whatever.
Poor Battler! He now either has to admit that there was a witch or other supernatural forces at work, or it was at least one of the family and/or servants. One thing I must say though is that where does he think he is right now? Cause I think at that point while it may be possible yet to prove that only humans commited the crimes, and that the current supernatural scenes he's seeing are "fantasy", but how does he explain the whole situation he's in right now?
Also, I've been confused for a while now, and am now even more strongly, about how exactly the board works. Obviously, Battler has little if no influence on his game piece since in the last board the game piece totally gave up, but how many of the game pieces are actually not just game pieces? Like the 7 stakes, Beatrice, and Ronove, do they directly control their "pieces"? And at the end of game 2, Bernkastel (I know I messed up her name) the witch of miracles was in that crowd who were wearing the goat heads, and at least in the vn scene (I saw the youtube of it that had been posted in that thread) she had reacted as if it was her, and not some mere piece. So I guess what I'm saying is, does Beatrice as well as maybe some of the other supernatural characters control the pieces directly, or is everything going as was preset by Beatrice?
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sep 26, 2009 7:59 PM

Apr 2007
bwahahachick said:

- Kumasawa is the former Beatrice???? Whoaaaa, didn't see that coming.

uh if you could see anything in this show coming I'd be really surprised
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
A popular theory for the old Beatrice is that she didn't show herself because this is the first time she was attacked while alone.

The game between Battler and Beatrice is about the murders being committed by magic. The separate world they're in is a different matter. Battler doesn't have to explain it and Beatrice doesn't ask him to explain it. Why? I dunno. That's just how it is.

As for how the pieces work, I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine.
Sep 26, 2009 10:27 PM
Sep 2008
This show is driving me crazy (oh well just like higurashi did) :P
And at the end of each ep. the number of question I have increase...
so here is ep.13 Question
How much powerfull kinzo is? i mean he was able to captivate the "Endless witch" >.<
Sep 26, 2009 10:34 PM

Apr 2009
Well, the show is getting slightly more interesting now. I think Bronove (yes, bro) is making this show more bearable to watch.
Sep 27, 2009 12:43 AM
Mar 2008
Watching this episode made me notice a line of red text that didn't seem odd when I was reading the novel for the first time. I'm still part way through EP4, so this could all be just pointless speculation, but...

Possible meta-spoilers ahead

The more I think about this series and it's twisted logic the more my head starts hurting.
Sep 27, 2009 1:30 AM
Feb 2009
W0w Didn't expect that from the old lady
Sep 27, 2009 1:35 AM
Mar 2009
PlatinumHawke said:
Watching this episode made me notice a line of red text that didn't seem odd when I was reading the novel for the first time. I'm still part way through EP4, so this could all be just pointless speculation, but...

Possible meta-spoilers ahead

The more I think about this series and it's twisted logic the more my head starts hurting.

That's the point of this series. It's full of twisted logic, and you won't get through this series safely without using twisted logic.
Sep 27, 2009 1:41 AM

Jun 2007
Battler vs Beatrice

A battle of twisted logic.
Sep 27, 2009 1:54 AM

Dec 2007
More like battle of futility.
Sep 27, 2009 3:47 AM
Aug 2009
A lot of twisted logic was cut in the anime.

For example, Hempel's Raven wasn't introduced.
Sep 27, 2009 4:42 AM

Jun 2007
Oh well. The anime can't have everything without having a super slow pace.
Sep 27, 2009 5:57 AM

Dec 2008
moldy_tomato said:
A lot of twisted logic was cut in the anime.

For example, Hempel's Raven wasn't introduced.

......Yet. That part hasn't even happened in the anime.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of the box one.
titanguy654Sep 27, 2009 7:35 AM
Sep 27, 2009 6:01 AM

May 2008
I don't remember that wound Kanon inflicting upon Lucifer on the VN being a bust wound.
Was it?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 27, 2009 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
The show really isn't about logic as much as it is perspective and point of view. Logic infers that there is enough facts to go off of to form a conclusion, and there just isn't enough facts to say that there is anything logical about the show. It's all speculation.
Sep 27, 2009 6:07 AM

May 2008
For every certainty given in this story, there is at least 3 or more uncertainties. At the very least.
Despite that, saying magic doesn't exist is just, with certainty, is pretty unsensible.
And Battler has an awfully, ...fickle way of using terms like magic and witches.
It can be trying and annoying.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.