Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2009 12:49 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Moetrice and Stakes.

Nice Lucifer fanservice

Sep 23, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the first half of the episode a lot. Teen Rosa is so adorable. Moetrice was nice too. The RonovexBattler parts were the best parts. Kinzo laughing while burning was the 2nd best part.

I expected Levithan to have a super annoying high-pitched voice like Asmo and Beelze and I'm so glad she didn't. Luci's VA fits her very well. I hated the fanservice but it could have been worse. The part with the Stakes coming out of the pots was really funny.

Lots of music from the VN in this episode which made me happy. Why did they wait until now to use Hope and nighteyes? They should have used them earlier.

I guess I don't have much to say this time because most of what I want to say can't be said in this thread.

*goes to make more theories*
Sep 23, 2009 1:02 PM

Jun 2007
hirahira said:
I liked the first half of the episode a lot. Teen Rosa is so adorable. Moetrice was nice too. The RonovexBattler parts were the best parts. Kinzo laughing while burning was the 2nd best part.

I expected Levithan to have a super annoying high-pitched voice like Asmo and Beelze and I'm so glad she didn't. Luci's VA fits her very well. I hated the fanservice but it could have been worse. The part with the Stakes coming out of the pots was really funny.

Lots of music from the VN in this episode which made me happy. Why did they wait until now to use Hope and nighteyes? They should have used them earlier.

I guess I don't have much to say this time because most of what I want to say can't be said in this thread.

I think the fanservice fits because it adds to Lucifer's shame. It was only one half of a second anyway.
Sep 23, 2009 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Lucifer was pretty shameful.. I wish Kanon killed her atleast but oh well. The episode was ok to me. I'm starting to know the anime I guess, and a bunch of unexpected things are popping up.
[right]

Sep 23, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2007
Animefan1929 said:
hirahira said:

What the hell isn't this episode going to air tomorrow?

It aired a few hours ago.
Sep 23, 2009 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
Animefan1929 said:
hirahira said:

What the hell isn't this episode going to air tomorrow?

It aired already a few hours ago. Its even uploaded on the internet on this site. http://say-move.org/comeplay.php?comeid=26998 <--- Is the fast and most epic site I'v ever seen. *Edit, its raw*
[right]

Sep 23, 2009 1:58 PM
Oct 2007
Yay for the neesans. At least the first half of the next episode should prove to be quite fun.
Sep 23, 2009 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode, I honestly didn't mind the fanservice and the pacing is great. Now with this episode anime watchers will have more theories to build on, as well as some roadblocks ;D.
Sep 23, 2009 5:28 PM

Jul 2009
some fan service and the red words: human beatrice did live on the island in 1967 but she is dead and theres no 19th person.
so assumption made during last episode is easily proved wrong.

this time kanon, shanon, genji, kinzo and gohda die first, and it seems to suggest the old woman should be next, though I kind of doubt she will die so fast (not in next episode) simply because if all servants died and it would be hard kill off the rest (I still believe the theory that the suspect has servants helping him/her, because servants are the easiest ones to use)

guess no huge speculation can be made before next episode...
Sep 23, 2009 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
Two well paced episodes back to back? This isn't what I Expected from you, DEEN! Give me my horribly underdeveloped characters back! Where are my fucking rushed plots that make no sense? I'm dropping this series now!

J.K, but this was a great episode. I hope the next one turns out to be what we want. :)
Sep 23, 2009 5:42 PM
Mar 2008
The first half of the episode is such a mind-screw. I remember reading that bit of red text, all the time going "....you're kidding me?" in an increasingly shocked tone.

The Kanon/Lucifer fight was pretty awesome. Plus we got some delicious Night Eyes playing in the background. Gives me a bit of reassurance for the rest of this Episode.
Sep 23, 2009 5:52 PM
Dec 2008
CANNOT WAIT FOR TEH SUBS
Sep 23, 2009 6:27 PM

Nov 2007
vinesage said:
some fan service and the red words: human beatrice did live on the island in 1967 but she is dead and theres no 19th person.
so assumption made during last episode is easily proved wrong.

this time kanon, shanon, genji, kinzo and gohda die first, and it seems to suggest the old woman should be next, though I kind of doubt she will die so fast (not in next episode) simply because if all servants died and it would be hard kill off the rest (I still believe the theory that the suspect has servants helping him/her, because servants are the easiest ones to use)

guess no huge speculation can be made before next episode...

While it may be true that the suspect possibly has the aid of the servants during the last two games, but keep in mind that every game has the strong chance of there being a different set of suspects, so having no servants this time only means they will have to uttilise different means of carrying out their plan or that the culprit(s) this round are different from the previous ones.
Sep 23, 2009 7:51 PM

Jul 2009
its likely the culprit would seem to be different again this time, since the purpose of this game is to make it feel as if its impossible for human to have done the murder.
But however imaginative it may look, I believe it is still description of real possibilities. While some do have the possibility, not every one of those 18 people can be turn into a murderer.
and however yu look at it, it suggests the motive of murder has something to do heritage, which is why the suspect should be among the adults. And when one person plans to kill the other 17 people, he/she needs accomplice: - people who share same interest (I doubt theres any if the motive was heritage) or - people who he can persuade/fool easily.
I would categorize most, if not all, servants into the latter group, according to their character. thus why i said it would be hard to kill the rest without the servants. though, of course, there are more people more possibilities out there.

and I do still believe there is one real culprit throughout all 3 arcs, though who it might be is still in dark, and i dont like to speculate on that because too much seems still unknown.
Sep 23, 2009 8:04 PM

Jun 2007
I also think there's one main culprit in every game. That person is the one that knows how to draw the magic symbols and has the head's ring to write the letters.The accomplices are probably different each game though.

One thing.. don't deduce based on motive. There's so much info that we don't know, a motive could be anything. Assume everyone has a possible motive for killing. Even someone as innocent looking as Shannon could be hiding a dark secret.
Sep 23, 2009 8:33 PM
Feb 2009
The fact that Ohara has proven that she is able to pull off a more "human" Beatrice is pretty good for this episode.

Kinzo laughing whilst being burned was a creepy moment.

The stakes =♥♥♥. Asmodeus and Beezlebub, why so completely adorable? I'm happy that all the sisters were shown. Plus, the scene of the sisters in the pots. :3

A bit of fanservice of Luci-nee's boobs. Loli!Rosa and Moe!Beatrice was rather cute but with Human!Beatrice's cliff scene was sad.

Ronove and Battler's body language made me laugh: "Personal space? Demons don't believe in personal space."

Though I totally forgot about Genji killing Shannon/Kanon peacefully then he himself dies.D:

Kumasawa/Virgilia ♥

The action scenes were well done. I'm happy with the adapation.
Sep 23, 2009 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
shannon looks nowhere near innocent to me lol....but it is highly doubtful that she could have planned herself to kill the others from very beginning. Theres somebody who planned all this. and it is true that deducing base on motive is very weak, yet there isnt much anything to base on so Im saying heritage should be the quite obvious part of the motive.
Im in noway excluding anyone from the suspect list, even battler himself is on it with his huge comment "I dont believe witch did it" when theres one standing right before him telling him she did it - it is only logical to think Battler can be so sure because he actually did it himself! "theres no way you could have done it, because I did it!" lol. But then again, it would be hard to deduce anything if you keep suspecting battler all the time.
Sep 23, 2009 9:14 PM

Nov 2007
vinesage said:
Im in noway excluding anyone from the suspect list, even battler himself is on it with his huge comment "I dont believe witch did it" when theres one standing right before him telling him she did it - it is only logical to think Battler can be so sure because he actually did it himself! "theres no way you could have done it, because I did it!" lol. But then again, it would be hard to deduce anything if you keep suspecting battler all the time.
Oh that would be great if he ever brings that theory up. Its always possible that even he may be a culprit and I would love for something like that to be touched on in the later Episodes (of the SN).

I'm also of the opinion that there is a main culprit for all games likely to be the one doing all the circles. Genji is by far imo, the most suspicious one, since the impression I have from him is model furniture who is completely neutral and will carry out the orders of his master(s) without hesitation. Heck, he could even be carrying out orders from both sides.

Getting back to the episode itself, Rosa's flashback of 1967's Beartrice is indeed a tricky piece of information. The whole 'Kinzo trapped her in a prison of flesh' thing rather metaphoric. I have some theories of my own but they're a bit... disturbing to me so I'll keep quite for now until the subs come out since my understanding of Japanese is still quite bad (and I don't remember much from the game). I wonder how would anime-watchers interpret it as? It'll be interesting to see people approach this.
Sep 23, 2009 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
I wonder if anime watchers will grow to love the Stakes like VN readers did.
Sep 23, 2009 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
People sure are fast at these hehe...

The thing with Genji killing Shannon and Kanon. Well, since I read it I have taken it as one of the most literal magic battles in terms of mystery interpretation. Just speculation as far as I know though...
Sep 24, 2009 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
OmegaDenmad said:
People sure are fast at these hehe...

The thing with Genji killing Shannon and Kanon. Well, since I read it I have taken it as one of the most literal magic battles in terms of mystery interpretation. Just speculation as far as I know though...

i could watch that whole day
Sep 24, 2009 8:34 AM

Jul 2009
MarthX said:

Well, actually I didn't care much about them until EP4.
Sep 24, 2009 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't like them much until I read the Stakes Valentines Day. Now I like them all except for Leviathan and Asmo. Though anime Leviathan is kind of cool
Sep 24, 2009 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
Animefan1929 said:
I still have no idea how can someone watch the raw version and enjoy it, even if they don't know what they're talking about.

Agreed. But, depends on the anime for me, really. Umineko, though, can't watch it RAW. Need to know if they kept close to the VN.

I want my Moetrice....Translated....Shall distract myself for now.
Sep 24, 2009 7:17 PM

Jun 2007
Animefan1929 said:
I still have no idea how can someone watch the raw version and enjoy it, even if they don't know what they're talking about.

If you've already read then VN then you already know what they're talking about. Most people posting here before subs are out are VN readers.
Sep 24, 2009 10:25 PM

Aug 2009
MarthX said:

I love those stakes already.
Especially the young one.
She was creepy and cute. XD
Sep 24, 2009 10:54 PM
Mar 2008
MarthX said:
If you've already read then VN then you already know what they're talking about. Most people posting here before subs are out are VN readers.

Pretty much.
Also for those of you still waiting for subs... gg is off playing MMOs. Don't expect subs for a while.
Sep 25, 2009 1:00 AM

Sep 2007
O snapz totally didn't see that coming. The old granny was really the former Beatrice. That's pretty hax. The Seven Stakes girls were pretty damn hot too.

Sep 25, 2009 1:29 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder how much pressure Genji has to apply to get that rose mark to appear... >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 2:18 AM
Mar 2009
Another excellent episode by DEEN. This series is finally heading towards the right direction and I hope they keep this up. Spending about 10 minutes on Beatrice's backstory was perfect, and the info there is vital for anime watchers.

The second half of the show featuring the first twilight was done well too, and all of the stakes finally appeared, thank goodness, love Lucifer by the way. Ronove just being slick and cool like always and Beatrice still acting like the insane witch she is. And yes, at the very end we get another cliffhanger, a face off us VN readers have been waiting to see animated for the longest. I'm crossing my fingers for DEEN not to screw it up.

Good episode, 4/5.

MarthX said:
Animefan1929 said:

Me personally, I like to wait for the subs to come out, it test my patience. I really got a huge test this week after gg's shenanigans. I was considering watching the raw like an hour before the subs were released.
HaiShangSep 25, 2009 2:24 AM
Sep 25, 2009 3:08 AM
Mar 2009
Episode 14 Preview. Minor spoilers.

Sep 25, 2009 4:29 AM

Apr 2009
haha.. thanks for the preview.. though i did not understand so much of what tomokazu sugita is saying..
Sep 25, 2009 5:41 AM

Dec 2007
Satisfying episode. It felt pretty even and well paced, but even then i couldn't help thinking of the dialogue they skipped. And how that flashback scene in the SN is like 20x longer (didn't Rosa go to visit Beatrice several times before that happened? Or was that just one long talk?). Either way, nicely done episode.

Next episode will probably be the defining point for those who are undecided about the anime. I can see alot of people being fed up with Umineko nonsense after it. But besides the end of this arc, It's one of the scenes I've been waiting for the most. Though I hope they keep enough time afterwords to discuss it in the same episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2009 5:42 AM
Mar 2009
I hate the fact that about 9 out of 10 people here already know whats gonna happen... How many anime-only watchers are there? Every episode we are bombarded with VN references and comparisons... Good thing I dont read every thread :P

Anyway on to the episode, this 2nd arc of Umineko has been the biggest surprise of the season so far, after that total crap that was the first

This must have been the first episode where we didnt get evil maria faces or corny beatrice laughs, FINALLY! Plus lots of revelations on the last 2 eps while maintaining a good pacing

Although the story will always remain contraditory due to the whole meta worlds and whatever, which is as believable as magic itself
Sep 25, 2009 5:59 AM
Aug 2009
Frostwake said:
Anyway on to the episode, this 2nd arc of Umineko has been the biggest surprise of the season so far, after that total crap that was the first

3rd
Sep 25, 2009 6:12 AM

Jan 2009
Damnit the middle schooler Rosa is so fukken adorable !!

The stakes showing were fantastic, nice fanservice with Lucifer. I want to hear Belphe !!

RonovexBattler = KoizumixKyon are now really seen and so funny ! Sugita and Ono really are a great combination.

I imagine differently when Genji kill Shannon and Kanon in the VN, but now that has been seen, pretty good job.

I hope they don't screw the mahou fight
Sep 25, 2009 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was awesome ! I liked the pacing and it was nice to see Kanon having more screen time. Beatrice also got a new level and now I'm liking her even moar ! Kanon was also so cool when he was fighting againsts Lucifer.

And teen-Rosa was so moe with twintails *w*

Sep 25, 2009 6:51 AM
Dec 2007
Very good episode and huge cliffhanger at the end, that leaves the Ushiromiya family in an unprecedented situation : they are all alive after the first night ;)

vinesage said:
its likely the culprit would seem to be different again this time, since the purpose of this game is to make it feel as if its impossible for human to have done the murder.
But however imaginative it may look, I believe it is still description of real possibilities. While some do have the possibility, not every one of those 18 people can be turn into a murderer.
and however yu look at it, it suggests the motive of murder has something to do heritage, which is why the suspect should be among the adults. And when one person plans to kill the other 17 people, he/she needs accomplice: - people who share same interest (I doubt theres any if the motive was heritage) or - people who he can persuade/fool easily.
I would categorize most, if not all, servants into the latter group, according to their character. thus why i said it would be hard to kill the rest without the servants. though, of course, there are more people more possibilities out there.

and I do still believe there is one real culprit throughout all 3 arcs, though who it might be is still in dark, and i dont like to speculate on that because too much seems still unknown.

You made very interesting points here. I will analyze it more from a scenarist's point of view than from a spectator POV. Having analyzed Higurashi's and Umineko's plots so far, I should say that the culprit is most probably a character mysterious enough that we do not have enough information to deny its culpability (i.e Takano in Higurashi, whose death is never shown and who we don't know anything about until her culpability is proved at the end). We can definitely say the main culprit in Umineko is probably not one of the children, nor a servant, nor one of the focal characters of the arcs (Natsuhi in the first arc, Rosa in the second, I don't know who in the third, Kyrie?), so that leaves all the remaining adults, Krauss, Eva, Rudolf, and Hideyoshi as suspects. And however you turn it, there's no way to guess the answer for the moment, but I think we should focus on these 4 characters in order to find some clues.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 25, 2009 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
Damn, I did not expect that old hag to be the white haired witch.

And the stakes are awesome, god, I love them. XD

Too bad there wasn't any Eva in this episode. I wonder what's up with her... I mean, she has, like, a witch in her head, or something? XD
And I love her voice. Eva & Takano FTFW.
Sep 25, 2009 8:20 AM
Jul 2008
In my opinion a boring episode.
Sep 25, 2009 8:38 AM

Jul 2008
haha the 7 sister are totally cool <3 especially luficer was moe <3
wow the end was cool. never imagined the granny to be in a such important role.

Sep 25, 2009 9:43 AM
Jan 2009
I found this episode quite good, tough not as good as the previous one.
The next one is going to be epic.
Sep 25, 2009 10:04 AM

Jul 2009
This Episode Was Great
Sep 25, 2009 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
I really liked this Episode, the stakes are awesome<3

And they made an good cliffhanger, much better than all these deads in the first arc...

4/5, because I rarely vote any 5s, but more a 4,5~

Sep 25, 2009 10:56 AM

Jan 2008
Another very consistent episode from DEEN. I never found the stake fight that interesting in the SN so I didn't find the episode that interesting, but that's just personal preference. The only thing is, I feel that Gohda's scene was a bit rushed. Otherwise it was very good, and I can't wait for next week.
Sep 25, 2009 11:26 AM

Sep 2007

GREAT JOB GG! AWESOME LIKE ALWAYS.
Sep 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Nov 2007
Genji always rocks. And you always gotta respect ur elders/The former Beatrice. Good surprise.
Sep 25, 2009 12:17 PM

Dec 2006
The only two annoying things with this episode:"
This :

and this:

Sep 25, 2009 12:18 PM

Jun 2007
^Lol

Whoa awesome cliffhanger there! Wasn't expecting that AT ALL :3
Sep 25, 2009 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
Zilpzalp said:
And, really, Dreamend Discharger is awesome. (not related to this episode)

To say I can't wait to hear that in episode 26 would be an understatement.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.