Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 21, 2014 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
awsum episode
poor gon ;___;
May 21, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
cronosteso23 said:
i like this episode: 4/5
but one manga chapter for an episode of 20 minutes.... but i hope that the next episode will cover 3 manga chapters.

It was 2 chapter.
May 21, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing so much feels,Gon VA did a great job especially when Gon was lost in his thoughtse,thath scene was heartbreaking and was directed perfectly,''I kill Kite..NO! it was Pitou! no it's my fault'' daaaamn.

Also a big f** you Pouf always,ALWAYS he does stuff like that,I hope his death is painfull as it gets!

Final note the scene when they open the door to where Kite is didn't seemed like I was watching a shounen rather,a psycollogical thriller with a bit of dose of horror,with the ost fitting perfectly,now that I said ost this episode had little ost's but was right on the spot.

The preview was f** unbelievable,soooo hyped for the next episode!! Anger x and x Light! Goooooon!
May 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
Was Pitou lying??? Since "Komugi" was "saved" Couldn't heal Kaito because he's already dead.
May 21, 2014 8:34 AM
Oct 2011
Man that was a disappointment. Half of the episode dragging out 1 page while putting in some melodramatic music in there? Really? No I don't want fight already, that can wait, but this episode especially adapted one of the most striking moments in the whole arc, when Gon gives up on his "Kite is still alive" and is struck for a moment while being empty-minded just realizing the truth of the situation before going ape-shit, and what did they do, they insterted some melodramatic music to make things more "sad" and some dragged out flashbacks with repititive frames and animation. It's just.. that music.. fuck. What a way to ruin such a good moment.
May 21, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Was Pitou lying??? Since "Komugi" was "saved" Couldn't heal Kaito because he's already dead.

Nope Pitou didn't lie.
May 21, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
Gon is right, it's all his fault. He brought Killua with him to impress Ging while bragging about his friend and shit which is why they got transported to Kite. This is what happens when you're gutless.
SCARY MONSTER
May 21, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
Ruben_Jb said:
Minagatachi said:
Wow, that scene with Gon was awfully dragged. I was sad at the start of the scene but by the end I was just waiting for it to finish.

Rest of the episode was alright.

doraemon1992 said:
I always thought that this scene, where Gon is feeling guilty/sad over Kite's confirmation of death, is actually one of the weakest sad scene in HxH. Sure, it is portrayed really well, not to mention madhouse adapt it pretty well too.
It's just that I feel there is really barely any or almost none chemistry between Gon and Kite throughout the whole series so far. You can say he's basically Gon's mentor, but they barely synch nor he gave anything substantial to Gon's growth. Okay, maybe Gon feels guilty for causing his death, but to the point of driving Gon into "that" state (next episode, hopefully)? It's way too exaggerated imho.
I kind of agree. Kite and Gon haven't even spent much time with each other, and they didn't really share any happy memories or anything (evidence of this is the fact that 90% of Gon's flashbacks of Kite was just him killing shit, nothing sentimental in the slightest). I haven't been able to understand why Gon felt so strongly towards Kite; maybe it was guilt or maybe it was because Kite inspired him to become a hunter. Who knows "shrugs". I'm probably misunderstanding something though, hopefully someone will point it out to me.

I agree with you guys too. Though, Kite was a good friend of Gin and Gin acknowledges Kite, which was very important for Gon I think. Kite was like one of the few connections with his father and his journey to meet him. Now that thing is taken away from him.

Kinda agree to this .
And after all the King returning I felt kinda sad no one is mentioning Netero (that whole time Palm watching Pouf )other than Knuckle.
Stupid 3rd World Country

May 21, 2014 10:01 AM

Feb 2014
Minagatachi said:
Wow, that scene with Gon was awfully dragged. I was sad at the start of the scene but by the end I was just waiting for it to finish.

Rest of the episode was alright.

doraemon1992 said:
I always thought that this scene, where Gon is feeling guilty/sad over Kite's confirmation of death, is actually one of the weakest sad scene in HxH. Sure, it is portrayed really well, not to mention madhouse adapt it pretty well too.
It's just that I feel there is really barely any or almost none chemistry between Gon and Kite throughout the whole series so far. You can say he's basically Gon's mentor, but they barely synch nor he gave anything substantial to Gon's growth. Okay, maybe Gon feels guilty for causing his death, but to the point of driving Gon into "that" state (next episode, hopefully)? It's way too exaggerated imho.
I kind of agree. Kite and Gon haven't even spent much time with each other, and they didn't really share any happy memories or anything (evidence of this is the fact that 90% of Gon's flashbacks of Kite was just him killing shit, nothing sentimental in the slightest). I haven't been able to understand why Gon felt so strongly towards Kite; maybe it was guilt or maybe it was because Kite inspired him to become a hunter. Who knows "shrugs". I'm probably misunderstanding something though, hopefully someone will point it out to me.

Is there a certain quantitative measure as to how long someone needs to care about a friend?
Or qualitative?
Does saving one's life three times, setting him on his journey and just being a genuine friend not count?
What about when you are blaming yourself for that friend's death?
What about when you are also blaming someone else but are robbed of the ability to let it out?
What about when the person you blame shows an act of kindness opposite to what was done to the friend, something he noticed gradually and developed hatred toward?
And what if you experienced that all as a kid?
I saw this whole show building up to this moment. Not solely the concept of kite's screen time.
May 21, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2011
Candor said:
Man that was a disappointment. Half of the episode dragging out 1 page while putting in some melodramatic music in there? Really? No I don't want fight already, that can wait, but this episode especially adapted one of the most striking moments in the whole arc, when Gon gives up on his "Kite is still alive" and is struck for a moment while being empty-minded just realizing the truth of the situation before going ape-shit, and what did they do, they insterted some melodramatic music to make things more "sad" and some dragged out flashbacks with repititive frames and animation. It's just.. that music.. fuck. What a way to ruin such a good moment.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this episode. Unlike most, I'm not overly anxious to get to the fight, I enjoy the episodes like this one where emotions run high and you can feel the tension in the air. Unfortunately, this one fell flat. Not as much because of the melodramatic music for me, but because of the drawn out flashbacks. In the manga, when Gon lost his shit, you could feel the guilt, the hopelessness, the despair, etc. All of that was there. With no disrespect to Megumi Han, as she did a wonderful job here, I'm not trying to take anything away from her performance but all those emotions weren't as strong in large part because of the drawn out flashback scenes. This scene was never my favorite "sad" moment from HxH, but it was one of the more captivating moments, especially from this arc, and to see it fall flat was disappointing. If they just would've done some things a bit differently the scene could've been spectacular.
May 21, 2014 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Pitou didn't know what this "Kaitou" thing Gon was referring to really was. She was just kinda playing along to keep Komugi safe
May 21, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
Think he/she was referring to saving komugi therefore being able go save kite. So was she lying when she said "i cant help him"?
That's how I interpreted the question haha
May 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
Different and still good. Better than episode 125.
May 21, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, 3/5 at most. But next one seems very promising with Gon and Killua fighting.
May 21, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
There it is. On the preview. So cannot wait for Gon vs. Pitou!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
I want Greed Island back. ;__;

And Pouf, fck you.
Sore dake no koto.
May 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
Could someone tell me at which chapter of manga I should reading if I want to know, what will happen after this ep?
May 21, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2012
Taerand said:
Could someone tell me at which chapter of manga I should reading if I want to know, what will happen after this ep?

May 21, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2013
Wow, this was one of the best Hunter X Hunter episodes I've watched so far. The raw emotion of this episode was beautiful, the emotional struggle with Gon was absolutely phenomenal to watch. Pouf is such a strategic villain, in my opinion he is the biggest villain of this arc. Pitou was so evil when she began healing her hand, I felt so sorry for Gon when he thought that she'd heal Kite. Seeing the Kite flashbacks made me so sad, this was such a beautiful episode. I can't wait for Gon to explode on Pitou for what she did to Kite, he must avenge Kite. He shouldn't be blaming himself, it's Pitou's fault for Kite dying because she was the one who killed him. Gon better realize that and destroy Pitou! Next episode will be the craziest one yet, I hope The King will catch Pouf in his lies. I can't wait how the rest of the arc will play out. 5/5 for this episode.

May 21, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2008
wow... this episode was SO fucking annoying

repeat the same shit over and over again some more, please... wtf

gizmokid2122 said:
Wow, this was one of the best Hunter X Hunter episodes I've watched so far. The raw emotion of this episode was beautiful, the emotional struggle with Gon was absolutely phenomenal to watch. Pouf is such a strategic villain, in my opinion he is the biggest villain of this arc. Pitou was so evil when she began healing her hand, I felt so sorry for Gon when he thought that she'd heal Kite. Seeing the Kite flashbacks made me so sad, this was such a beautiful episode. I can't wait for Gon to explode on Pitou for what she did to Kite, he must avenge Kite. He shouldn't be blaming himself, it's Pitou's fault for Kite dying because she was the one who killed him. Gon better realize that and destroy Pitou! Next episode will be the craziest one yet, I hope The King will catch Pouf in his lies. I can't wait how the rest of the arc will play out. 5/5 for this episode.

this is a joke, right?
May 21, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
Romeo said:
wow... this episode was SO fucking annoying

repeat the same shit over and over again some more, please... wtf

gizmokid2122 said:

this is a joke, right?

While it is true that they slowed down few last minutes, it is stupid to say it was bad. If you didn't like it, don't force your opinion on the ones who did. I for example liked it, so it is not a joke.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 21, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2014
This episode
May 21, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2011
RapeGod said:
This episode

was the best display
May 21, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously, how much of the episode was dedicated to Gon moaning 'n crying? It was just plain ANNOYING!
May 21, 2014 12:30 PM
Mar 2012
how disappointing, let's keep dragging it further till next year
May 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Lol people gotta realize that if they actually adapted chapters like they usually do then we'd only see half of the events that are to happen next week. I was actually wondering how they were going to handle this and I think they made the right choice. Instead of showing us something and letting it hang for a week, they made a very good build-up episode for what's about to happen.
May 21, 2014 12:42 PM

Dec 2008
People need to stop complaining so much, geez..

May 21, 2014 1:05 PM

May 2014
jreginald said:
Lol people gotta realize that if they actually adapted chapters like they usually do then we'd only see half of the events that are to happen next week. I was actually wondering how they were going to handle this and I think they made the right choice. Instead of showing us something and letting it hang for a week, they made a very good build-up episode for what's about to happen.

This. With how angry Gon was prior to this, it only makes sense that his entire world being shattered would induce such an emotional response. It'll make the fight (assuming there is to be one) all the more worthwhile. I really don't get the folks that said this was one of the more boring episodes. I'd say it's right up there with the gungi games between Meruem and Komugi.

May 21, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
........ I can't wait next episode :|
Gon shedding tears was heart breaking after the shock of Kite being dead .... D""""""":
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 21, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2013
Though the episode felt a bit dragged, the fact remains that this was the BEST decision the studio could make. Those who've read the manga know that, if they didn't extend Gon's pain and his flashbacks of Kite, the following events would be rushed and we probably wouldn't even see them all.

Open this if you've read the manga (even though this says nothing specific)
May 21, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2010
I just want to see Gon vs Pitou..... How long will it fucking take?
May 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
Next Tuesday, most likely.
May 21, 2014 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit the pacing is too darn slow its annoying
May 21, 2014 7:28 PM

Feb 2014
F_E_A_R said:
Though the episode felt a bit dragged, the fact remains that this was the BEST decision the studio could make. Those who've read the manga know that, if they didn't extend Gon's pain and his flashbacks of Kite, the following events would be rushed and we probably wouldn't even see them all.

We will start a long ass explanation all over again about nen and it's "vows & limits"....Even we already finished with that on previous threads.
May 21, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2014
F_E_A_R said:

That's pretty much what I just said. But our being manga readers and knowing that Mad House made a good move doesn't necessarily make the anime-only peeps' opinions (about it being dragged on) unacceptable. It did feel like it, even though I didn't really mind. Different strokes for different folks.

Also, no need for a spoiler tag. Only idiots will be hating on what happens next week because they'll be seeing it as something it isn't.

May 21, 2014 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
j0x said:

Just adds to the theory that the anime won't end and will continue past chapter 340 :)
May 21, 2014 8:10 PM

May 2014

ichii_1 said:
j0x said:

Just adds to the theory that the anime won't end and will continue past chapter 340 :)

I would like it if they focused on adapting the current arc as well as possible, rather than sacrifice the experience for an attempt to keep up with the manga. But yes, I can see the pros of stopping the episode where they left this week.
RaticateMay 21, 2014 8:14 PM
May 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Mar 2014
Raticate said:

lol fair enough.

What I'm worried about is people who've actually read the manga and still think that way. And trust me, there are some around here -.-
May 21, 2014 8:17 PM

May 2014
jreginald said:
lol fair enough.

What I'm worried about is people who've actually read the manga and still think that way. And trust me, there are some around here -.-

Then it should be fair game if we keep that discussion to spoiler tags. But I'm just suggesting. Everyone is free to post how they want under forum rules.
May 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Raticate said:
jreginald said:
lol fair enough.

Then it should be fair game if we keep that discussion to spoiler tags. But I'm just suggesting. Everyone is free to post how they want under forum rules.

No need for spoiler tags when everything will be explained in that same episode. Anyway, I can't wait to see it animated.
May 21, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
Raticate said:

Ha, I like how you think. And if the discussion gets over too soon, we aren't going to cross 500 replies, right? ;-)
May 21, 2014 11:16 PM
Mar 2014
this episode's endcard
http://i.imgur.com/Ehj1LVF.jpg
May 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Jul 2013
diivil said:
this episode's endcard
http://i.imgur.com/Ehj1LVF.jpg
WUT!!!

tht nevr hapnd

lol
May 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2013
wowzers pouf fuckin everything up

May 22, 2014 1:50 AM

Apr 2014
well played pouf now finally Gon vs Pitou
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
May 22, 2014 3:24 AM
Jun 2013
HERE WE FUCKING GOOO

I have finally caught up.

115 episodes in 3-4 days, all for this.
May 22, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2009
ichii_1 said:
j0x said:

This is impossible. Togashi won't be able to finish a new arc in such a short timespan. The anime would catch up in less than 10 episodes.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 22, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2011
God, what about standing up and fucking Pitou's ass hard ? RELEASE THE NEXT EPISODE NOW!! MADHOUSE
May 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
Was Kite really this close to Gon? He acts like Killua just died or something.
Anyway, looks like he's getting it on now
May 22, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2014
Suitedup said:
Was Kite really this close to Gon? He acts like Killua just died or something.

Kite was the first hunter Gon met. He was the one that told him his dad wasn't dead but was a hunter and introduced him to what being a hunter is. He was a role model to Gon and the start of his quest to find Ging.

This doesn't feel so in the anime as in the manga, due to Madhouse's decision to skip Kite's introduction until the Chimera Ant arc, but the importance of Kite to Gon is consistent with the manga. For evidence, check out chapters 1 and 64 of the Hunter x Hunter manga.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
18 minutes ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

53 by Jacktwelve17 »»
4 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.