Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gon's reactions was what I had expected after what Pitou told him. Shame about Kite. I miss the guy ever since he died..
Poor Gon ;___;

Man tears were shed this episode. So much emotions. Looking forward to the actual fight still though.
May 20, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
I hoped that they would at least show us a glimpse at what's gonna happen next but then I remembered that Tomoko Mori's team is gonna handle next episode so I'm okay with it. Way better than just squeezing some stuff into the last few minutes.

Good episode, poor Gon indeed. ;_; Loved how they animated that "I killed Kite" stuff. And Gon's VA is just awesome.
May 20, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2012
Another great episode. Gon's VA has been so good. Can't wait to see Pitou vs Gon.
May 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
The feels this episode...... :"( Poor Gon, really admire the work of his voice actress, she does a great job handling the character. It's so sad seeing Gon and Killua cry, puts me to tears as well. Great episode, really excited for next weeks episode!
May 20, 2014 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
Gon's internal conflict was quite good, the self blaming part and his hatred that Kite was killed by Pitou.
Pitou's sense of hearing!
Wow, Pouf is a real mastermind, that transformation power is dangerous.
Pitou could have hit Gon while he was crying, but that arm healing... getting ready for combat.
Excited for next episode, but Pouf is scary in his own way....
May 20, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
...Holy shit.That was heartbreaking and epic - tear was shed.Poor Gon...(also, his VA did an amazing job)

Ah and, POUF YOU PIECE OF ABSOLUTE SHIT, DIE YOU ROTTEN FAIRY.Can't say he's a bad villain tho >_>
May 20, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2013
Props to Gon's VA, she is doing such a good job with Gon. Pouf's VA also did a good job in this episode, especially when chibi Poufs were clearing the Gungi pieces. Spreaking of Pouf, this has to be his best ''magic tric'' so far. Finally Pitou stoped being Gon's bitch... Can't wait for their fight!!
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
May 20, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2014
Episode was meh, got a lot of the fluff out of the way for the next episode though, I have very high hopes.

If they have a half hour recap though I swear I'ma cut a bitch.
May 20, 2014 11:39 AM
May 2014
So next week Gon goes beastmode for sure or is it gonna be a 2 episode thing?
May 20, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2014
Well, Gon is f**ked... I don't expect him getting out of this. How do you expect him winning this ?
ryu1991May 20, 2014 11:47 AM
May 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
Awww after seeing Gon like that, Pitou summoned DrBlythe to help him :')

*heals arm*

o____o

Quiz: why did Kite fall on the floor at that particular moment?

Really epic episode, next one is by Mori which is gonna be awesome.

My only gripe: during the phonecall, Gon orders pitou "that way", to which Pitou replies "Wakatta", but the audience knows its directed at Welfin. They took a shortcut around that. Felt more epic in manga.

But I gotta applaud them for this pacing, they know when to slow and when to pick up.
TonyTonyStarkMay 20, 2014 11:57 AM
May 20, 2014 11:56 AM
Jan 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
Awww after seeing Gon like that, Pitou summoned DrBlythe to help him :')

*heals arm*

o____o

Quiz: why did Kite fall on the floor at that particular moment?

Really epic episode, next one is by Mori which is gonna be awesome.

My only gripe: during the phonecall, Gon orders pitou "that way", to which Pitou replies "Wakatta", but the audience knows its directed at Welfin. They took a shortcut around that. Felt more epic in manga.

Because Pitou stopped controlling him
May 20, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2013
Really good episode, I loved Gon's internal battle, Megumi did a really good job in that scene. I love Pouf, he's such a devious bastard, but I can't help but like him for it, he's a good villain.

My only complaint is that it didn't end the episode at THAT moment like in the manga, but next week, it all goes down, I can't wait
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
May 20, 2014 12:05 PM
Dec 2013
am I the only one who likes Pitou? one of the best characters in this arc by far
May 20, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
Correct :)
jrcastro said:
am I the only one who likes Pouf? one of the best characters in this arc by far

Fixed and yes.
May 20, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2013
Sad seeing Gon in tears. Damn that Pouf.
May 20, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
I will give it a 5/5 but its a 9/10 for me.The only thing i didn't quite like was all this time Gon was crying and blaming himself. Pitou healing herself at the end got me fired up for next ep.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 20, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
I likes Pouf too and Pito. Gon ... :(
May 20, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
a_cloud said:
I will give it a 5/5 but its a 9/10 for me.The only thing i didn't quite like was all this time Gon was crying and blaming himself. Pitou healing herself at the end got me fired up for next ep.

In the manga it was a double spread with all of Kite's important quotes.
May 20, 2014 12:24 PM
May 2014
The scene where we see Gon inner killer... god that was awesome
May 20, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2013
This episode was such a tease... it dragged for way too long. Luckily, the next one seems very promising. Gon's internal struggle was also very cool to see.
May 20, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty glad they dragged it out, would've been weird transition if whats coming next episode was in one single episode with this one, definitely works better as a more dragged out cliffhanger
May 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Dec 2009
I... I didn't like this episode. Having read the manga, this just fell flat. There wasn't much emotion in how the scene was handled, especially when compared to Gon's freakout some episodes back. I hate to admit that I'm disappointed.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 20, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
Perfect depiction of Gon's mental break down :D

Loved the contrasting effects with Blue (Gon is crying blaming himself) and Red (Raging blaming Pitou) and the KO being how he thought it was all a joke and Pitou was gonna heal Kite after all then started healing her arm instead ^^ Now that must have been the final hit.

I still love how Pitou didn't do anything until she answered Gon completely and let him have his break down in repayment to how he listened to her plea. Respect there.

Pouf is just a fabulous villain! I HATE HIM SO MUCH I LOVE IT :D Really props to Togashi for making someone so hate worthy u can't help but admire him ^^

AND THANK U THANK U THANK U MH for leaving the pv spoiler free :D Just showing Gon's black-red rage is more than enough >.< HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

MY BODY HAS NEVER BEEN MORE READY :D
May 20, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2014
That was nice of Pitou to just stand there and let Gon have his moment, instead of I don't know finishing him off, but seriously the latter half of the episode really dragged on.
May 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
WisdomofSolomon said:
That was nice of Pitou to just stand there and let Gon have his moment, instead of I don't know finishing him off, but seriously the latter half of the episode really dragged on.

It was all internal!
He did say he'd have the decency of telling him the truth at least, only leverage gon had, pitou thinks he lost, so let him have it!
May 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
The whole time, I had my brother behind me (he read the manga) and keeps saying :"soon soon... not yet? not yet?" and when the ED credit rolled, he snapped.

I guess I'm glad I didn't read the manga, the pacing didn't feel as slow and as unbearable to me as some people, even though I wanted to see the fight between Gon and Pitou as soon as possible. Seeing Gon breaking down is sad. :(

And just one question, I might be nitpicking, but I was wondering all this time why Palm would still be able to see Pouf in her crystal when she saw Komugi when she was talking with Killua.... I guess it's because of the angle? Since Komugi's face is hidden by Killua. Somehow.
May 20, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2014
TonyTonyStark said:
WisdomofSolomon said:

It was all internal!
He did say he'd have the decency of telling him the truth at least, only leverage gon had, pitou thinks he lost, so let him have it!

Fair enough, I guess.
May 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
Kurini said:
The whole time, I had my brother behind me (he read the manga) and keeps saying :"soon soon... not yet? not yet?" and when the ED credit rolled, he snapped.

I guess I'm glad I didn't read the manga, the pacing didn't feel as slow and as unbearable to me as some people, even though I wanted to see the fight between Gon and Pitou as soon as possible. Seeing Gon breaking down is sad. :(

And just one question, I might be nitpicking, but I was wondering all this time why Palm would still be able to see Pouf in her crystal when she saw Komugi when she was talking with Killua.... I guess it's because of the angle? Since Komugi's face is hidden by Killua. Somehow.

Komugi is within the same "camera" range as Killua, they count as one viewing. If they separate, they will need two cameras then. :)
May 20, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2013
Gon is going to4o destroy Pitou...I hope.
May 20, 2014 1:06 PM
Aug 2012
so emotional the next few episodes are going to raise this series rank its going to be awesome i cant wait any longer is what id like to say but the episodes have been so gd i dnt want the arc to end anytime soon >.<
May 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
Emotional episode, Gon is totally breaking down.
May 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2011
GON T________T EHHHHH AHHH
May 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
This episode definitely hit the feels. Can't wait to see the fight next ep!
May 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Next ep pls.
May 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god i was waiting for this fight ever since i saw the manga im so ready.
May 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2012
Next ep shit goes down.
May 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
It might've been a bit redundant for Gon to say that at the start of what appears to be a straightforward passageway. But, I do sense that having that particular scene dragged in such a way could feel a bit odd.

Other than that,
But I gotta applaud them for this pacing, they know when to slow and when to pick up.
I also actually dug the pacing. The added bits of that scene with Pouf finding & using Welfin/shots of Gon with added dialogue hints that MH and Koujina may still be onto something.

Bias × Bias, sure...but, 5/5.

Patience × Patience
GalekCMay 20, 2014 1:28 PM
May 20, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2013
what a fucking cock tease
May 20, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
o
May 20, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
Man, I'm loving Gon's character and VA more and more this arc. That next episode preview though omg.
May 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2009
I hope the actual Pitou vs Gon fight is in the next episode.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
May 20, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
Marow said:
I... I didn't like this episode. Having read the manga, this just fell flat. There wasn't much emotion in how the scene was handled, especially when compared to Gon's freakout some episodes back. I hate to admit that I'm disappointed.
It's common when one has read the manga to be disappointed in the adaption of a scene they love. It's hard to match your own imagination of how things were. I read the manga scene after this episode to see how it was adapted and to me the scene in the manga had the same effect as in the anime. I thought the scene was filled with emotion and almost made me tear up.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Gon, his last strand of hope he was holding on to is now gone and he has now reached his breaking point. I hope he gets his revenge even though I like pitou. And pouf just needs to die a painful slow death.
May 20, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
May 20, 2014 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
I always thought that this scene, where Gon is feeling guilty/sad over Kite's confirmation of death, is actually one of the weakest sad scene in HxH. Sure, it is portrayed really well, not to mention madhouse adapt it pretty well too.
It's just that I feel there is really barely any or almost none chemistry between Gon and Kite throughout the whole series so far. You can say he's basically Gon's mentor, but they barely synch nor he gave anything substantial to Gon's growth. Okay, maybe Gon feels guilty for causing his death, but to the point of driving Gon into "that" state (next episode, hopefully)? It's way too exaggerated imho.

But well, it does lead to one of the best scene in the chimera ant arc. next ep, HYPE
May 20, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
O man, those eyes!!!
May 20, 2014 1:58 PM

Feb 2014
doraemon1992 said:
I always thought that this scene, where Gon is feeling guilty/sad over Kite's confirmation of death, is actually one of the weakest sad scene in HxH. Sure, it is portrayed really well, not to mention madhouse adapt it pretty well too.
It's just that I feel there is really barely any or almost none chemistry between Gon and Kite throughout the whole series so far. You can say he's basically Gon's mentor, but they barely synch nor he gave anything substantial to Gon's growth. Okay, maybe Gon feels guilty for causing his death, but to the point of driving Gon into "that" state (next episode, hopefully)? It's way too exaggerated imho.

But well, it does lead to one of the best scene in the chimera ant arc. next ep, HYPE

I gotta disagree. Even in the anime, it shows and portrays quite well that friendship has no major correlation with time. Killua and Ikalgo had instant chemistry. Gon and Kite built it up for 10 great episodes, I think.
But as a 1999/manga reader, I know fully how kite impacted Gon.

Kite is the first reason the show itself happened!
May 20, 2014 2:06 PM
May 2014
Next episode will be one of the best in series?

You guys hyping this up so much it can only lead me to believe its gonna be the best episode so far
May 20, 2014 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
TonyTonyStark said:
doraemon1992 said:

I gotta disagree. Even in the anime, it shows and portrays quite well that friendship has no major correlation with time. Killua and Ikalgo had instant chemistry. Gon and Kite built it up for 10 great episodes, I think.
But as a 1999/manga reader, I know fully how kite impacted Gon.

Kite is the first reason the show itself happened!
Yes, Kite is the first one who instill the idea to be a hunter on Gon, and they do share a time before Kite is killed. They have chemistry too, I can take that since I also read the manga. But to drive Gon that far? I'm not talking about being furious anymore, and since you read the manga, I'm sure you know how Gon will react on next episode.
haha, anyway, I personally just can't take it. If that's how Gon react when Kite is killed, I want to see his reaction if Killua ever killed.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.