Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 19, 2014 9:22 PM

Apr 2009
Is Amuro confirmed dead? My friend and I are debating about this and are at each others throats. In episode 7, when full frontal was lead away with the 3 spirits, he said that was Amuro's voice and spirit amongst the three that were present. He said that the flash back where it shows Amuro pushing the space station was also proof of his demise.

I can't find anything on the internet to agree with him though, as it seems to be all speculation. Any gundam experts here want to help us out?
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
May 19, 2014 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
im no gundam expert but i say Amuro is dead already anyway since 100 years already pass and that Char already have a clone name Full Frontal too

and from the light novels they say that Banagher is dead but they change that on the anime version, so those scenes you are arguing on episode 7 maybe different from the light novels too, just maybe
May 19, 2014 11:45 PM

Feb 2013
im no gundam expert but in novel, they are confirmed KIA, and this episode confirmed their deaths. and yes, amuro is one of the spirits with frontal. it was lalah, amuro, and spirit of frontal which is char. kinda disappointed in the fight though, i was expecting more combat, but very good closure nonetheless
RazuhikoMay 19, 2014 11:54 PM
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
May 19, 2014 11:47 PM

Jun 2013
Depends. Do you consider the movie and novel two separate stories? In the movie (CCA), both Amuro and Char are MIA. In the novel, they are KIA. Since I personally don't like to group written works with their anime counterparts, I've always considered them both MIA since I'm not a manga reader.

Up to you.
May 20, 2014 6:21 AM

May 2010
From what I know, novels are pretty much stand-alone. Usually, only anime works are considered canon and some side-stories, only if they do not retcon anything. For example, in the first novel retelling the events of One Year War, Amuro died during that war. But then came the two different novels telling the events of Char's Counterattack where he was still alive, just like in anime, and died in UC 93. In both versions Amuro and Char died and Unicorn confirms it being true in anime as well.
May 20, 2014 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
Arcling said:
From what I know, novels are pretty much stand-alone. Usually, only anime works are considered canon and some side-stories, only if they do not retcon anything. For example, in the first novel retelling the events of One Year War, Amuro died during that war. But then came the two different novels telling the events of Char's Counterattack where he was still alive, just like in anime, and died in UC 93. In both versions Amuro and Char died and Unicorn confirms it being true in anime as well.

Yeah. Anime canon has always been MIA for Char and Amuro, but Unicorn has seen fit to change that lol.
May 20, 2014 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
Razuhiko said:
im no gundam expert but in novel, they are confirmed KIA, and this episode confirmed their deaths. and yes, amuro is one of the spirits with frontal. it was lalah, amuro, and spirit of frontal which is char. kinda disappointed in the fight though, i was expecting more combat, but very good closure nonetheless

Not neccessarily true from what I understood and read up on (regarding FF).

FF is presumably a Cyber Newtype created by Neo Zeon in frantic desperation to hold itself together after Char's actions in CCA. They needed a special person to replace the one they lost. Someone who could lead and rally Neo Zeon in a way only the son of Zeon Deikun did/can. So who better than Char reincarnate? So with that it was like Char never left.

FF according to what I've read on (and maybe I missed it when I watched) was created using the surviving psychoframe from Char's cockpit in CCA (which of course resonated with Char's consciousness and held part of his collective consciousness/will) to instill a part of Char's consciousness/memories to some capacity (that had been angered/corrupted in seeing that the events of CCA changed nothing for humanity) in FF to bring about what we all see in Unicorn.

Hence why in Over the Rainbow you get a very different sense from FF compared to Char. You start to see some truer colors come out. Char wasn't evil at heart. He was willing to be the bad guy/the sacrificial lamb that humanity needed to grow out of senseless war. He wanted to save the entire human race from a dark history (lol) and a vicious cycle. He wasn't a madman or a fanatic but he was WILLING to be painted that way for the sake of humanity. He KNOWS his actions are extreme and KNOWS they're immoral but in a world of gray (not black and white) he knows that while passivity may be the right moral decision the reality of it is that it will only further string along humanity's dark history (did it again LOL). Lalah even mentions in CCA that Char is pure of heart to which Amuro could not understand. Hence why CCA isn't necessarily a matter of "who's right or who's wrong". It's a very gray affair. It does make you question on a philosophical level "who's right and who's wrong?". Because if you've seen 00 and have seen it's ending through the Trailblazer film you kind of get the sense that THAT was the future that Char's ideals and rebellion could have yielded which in the way 00 painted it out to be...was quite utopian. Meanwhile, in Universal Century Amuro quashed that "could have been" and in Unicorn you see that nothing changed (albeit by the end of Unicorn things did in its own way). So who's ideals REALLY yielded/would have yielded a better and happier humanity in the long run in CCA? That's food for thought.

FF comes off differently. Especially in ep 7 you get the sense that part of him is just straight up resentful towards Earth and Earthnoids as if they wronged him (which in a sense they did considering Char and Amuro's actions in CCA SHOULD have opened peoples' eyes but wound up being ignored/changing nothing). Part of him feels resentful towards Earthnoids for letting Char and Amuro die in vain which is part of his motivation for wanting to ostracize Earthnoids with the Side-Co Prosperity Sphere. It'd appeal to all spacenoids but force those on Earth to suffer a brutal extinction considering Earth at this point can't self-sustain without aid from the colonies.

But more to TS' point. Amuro and Char have always been listed as MIA but I think Unicorn confirms that Amuro and Char died in their sacrifice. Those 3 spirits were absolutely Amuro, Char (not FF but Char himself), and Lalah.
Champloo_RemixMay 20, 2014 6:59 AM
May 20, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
j0x said:

and from the light novels they say that Banagher is dead but they change that on the anime version

nah scratch that, i found some summary of the light novel ending and ye Banagher also lives - http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/339432-MSG-Unicorn-Final-Chapter-over-the-rainbow-II-Translation
Jun 7, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
I'm honestly quite glad unicorn just outright showed that they have died. Its a nice closure and was among one of the little things that made unicorn the masterpiece i see it as. Like just that one short, almost throwaway scene of bright simply looking at a picture of amuro and saying a quick little reply to what bright thinks he'd had said if he were still with them. that one little scene is just one of many smaller things that really stood out to me and the confirmation of char and amuro's death was definitely one of them.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 9, 2014 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
Champloo_Remix said:
Razuhiko said:

Not neccessarily true from what I understood and read up on (regarding FF).

FF is presumably a Cyber Newtype created by Neo Zeon in frantic desperation to hold itself together after Char's actions in CCA. They needed a special person to replace the one they lost. Someone who could lead and rally Neo Zeon in a way only the son of Zeon Deikun did/can. So who better than Char reincarnate? So with that it was like Char never left.

FF according to what I've read on (and maybe I missed it when I watched) was created using the surviving psychoframe from Char's cockpit in CCA (which of course resonated with Char's consciousness and held part of his collective consciousness/will) to instill a part of Char's consciousness/memories to some capacity (that had been angered/corrupted in seeing that the events of CCA changed nothing for humanity) in FF to bring about what we all see in Unicorn.

Hence why in Over the Rainbow you get a very different sense from FF compared to Char. You start to see some truer colors come out. Char wasn't evil at heart. He was willing to be the bad guy/the sacrificial lamb that humanity needed to grow out of senseless war. He wanted to save the entire human race from a dark history (lol) and a vicious cycle. He wasn't a madman or a fanatic but he was WILLING to be painted that way for the sake of humanity. He KNOWS his actions are extreme and KNOWS they're immoral but in a world of gray (not black and white) he knows that while passivity may be the right moral decision the reality of it is that it will only further string along humanity's dark history (did it again LOL). Lalah even mentions in CCA that Char is pure of heart to which Amuro could not understand. Hence why CCA isn't necessarily a matter of "who's right or who's wrong". It's a very gray affair. It does make you question on a philosophical level "who's right and who's wrong?". Because if you've seen 00 and have seen it's ending through the Trailblazer film you kind of get the sense that THAT was the future that Char's ideals and rebellion could have yielded which in the way 00 painted it out to be...was quite utopian. Meanwhile, in Universal Century Amuro quashed that "could have been" and in Unicorn you see that nothing changed (albeit by the end of Unicorn things did in its own way). So who's ideals REALLY yielded/would have yielded a better and happier humanity in the long run in CCA? That's food for thought.

FF comes off differently. Especially in ep 7 you get the sense that part of him is just straight up resentful towards Earth and Earthnoids as if they wronged him (which in a sense they did considering Char and Amuro's actions in CCA SHOULD have opened peoples' eyes but wound up being ignored/changing nothing). Part of him feels resentful towards Earthnoids for letting Char and Amuro die in vain which is part of his motivation for wanting to ostracize Earthnoids with the Side-Co Prosperity Sphere. It'd appeal to all spacenoids but force those on Earth to suffer a brutal extinction considering Earth at this point can't self-sustain without aid from the colonies.

But more to TS' point. Amuro and Char have always been listed as MIA but I think Unicorn confirms that Amuro and Char died in their sacrifice. Those 3 spirits were absolutely Amuro, Char (not FF but Char himself), and Lalah.
This is such a great read. I'm actually glad there are people who understood CCA.
Nov 10, 2015 8:27 AM
Nov 2015
Well, you can use telepathy with another newtypes and it looks like you're talking to spirits when u use this ability (I'm reffering to how Lalah and Amuro talks to each other via telepathy when Lalah was alive, and how Lalah talked to Amuro when she was already dead, it was drawn in the same way). So whether Char or Amuro is dead or not is not clear to me. And then I stumbled upon this page and still confused.... Are they still alive but MIA or they really did KIA? Or died because of another matter that we don't even know??

Can someone summarize this discussion to me?? And please don't explain it for too long, Because I've seen enough already @_@
Nov 10, 2015 8:42 AM
Nov 2015
Oh, and from this web address I learned that Full Frontal was a genetic clone of the missing-in-action Char. So its kinda clear that he is missing.

Why Char must always be missing (He even went missing for a several ep in MSG first franchise)!! But that's what I like about him.... So our only hope is to ask the original writter?? XD. I think that's the best way out... But I doubt he will answer XD. If someone stumbled upon an interview regarding this with the original writer of the series. Please post the address here :3

About Amuro.... It's sad that he (most likely) died... He is my most favorite character both in the series and in the games (his rival, Char is my 2nd favorite). So I would like to see him in action again... Even his son/daughter should do!! T_T

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Oct 29, 2010

116 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.